Do You Make More Than Your Dad?

Seeing as my dad is almost blind and disabled (diabetes), I must say yes. In fact, I make more than my mom, too. Dunno about my mom+dad tho.

A couple times back when he worked full time I managed to make more than him in a month. For the last six months he has been trying to get into real estate, though, so I have usually made more over that period. When he starts making more sales - not even close.

The most my dad ever got paid was somewhere around 80-90k a year. I'm still well below that although seeing as how I haven't finished college yet, I'm not too bummed out.

EDIT - And even today, in his retirement, he gets paid more than I ever did. Oh well, good for him. Hopefully I inherited the good money-making genes.

Almost but no. They never give him over time no matter how much he asks, he was bus down from his supervisor job, and he has child support that I would love to get rid of but like my mom he spend his money on stuff that will not last forever.

However I did almost made more then my mom with no tax who makes only 300 dollars more then I what I made while I had a job.

My dad pulls a 30 dollar an hour job with tax but has like seven children but then again.

Nope but if I did went in his feild I would have a better chance at making more then what he pulls. Most of the younger guys comming in now is getting more to do his job and they sleep on the job when they should not. The supervisor that is in charge of him is probably younger then him too in the nice cool office most likely while he is playing dilbert still.

It is kinda depressing the fact he has been doing the same thing before I was born. He was proud of the work he did in the begining but now what was amazing he feels outdated.

I'm pretty sure I do. He's got a very good job though and a government pension coming in on top of that so maybe not but I don't know for sure. If he made over $200k a year I'd be surprised I guess.

I answered yes.. but I think it depends on what you qualify as "make more than". Technically from my full time job I make a good deal less, but I flip houses on a constant basis and have invested quite heavily, so overall I make a good deal more.

nope. College student with only a part time job on campus. Hell, he's destroying me even now when he is only getting retirement and i am working ~35 hrs a week (summer).

Well, my parents are both deceased, but when I graduated college in 1998, my starting salary at my first job was more than either of my parents salary.

I didn't realize we were "poor" as I was growing up until then. I guess my parents did something right...I was happy growing up, fairly well grounded in reality and somehow still didn't realize we were "poor".

I remember that first discussion about my job offers with my parents. They were stunned when they realized how good they were. Sometimes, it helps to be an engineer.

TBW

Yeah, and it is slightly weird, because I definitely don't think I deserve too.

One year out of college and going back for my master's, compared to my dad, who is the reason I got into technology, was in the armed forces, went back to school for both his undergrad and masters and managed to raise three pretty good kids. (with the help of my mom)

So, it makes it really odd to talk about raises and such, when they happen.
I know he is happy for me, and proud, but it just goes to show how weird life is.

College student and my dad is making +$110k a year.
If anything I am losing by far since he is paying for part of my school.
So I am actually a deficit compared to his profits.

my parents are uneducated immigrants who love their kids and worked hard to send them to school.

so yeay... I make more than my father unfortunately... but not more than both parents combined.

it makes me sad tho coz I only have enough to take care of myself (I got an apartment) and I cant give back to them...

...yet.

still... I always feel like it's a burden... like I have the ability to do things my parents could not do. which to me means that I HAVE to do them

bread's done
Back