Do you watch anime?

I've watched Ranma 1/2, Azumanga Daioh, Tenchi, Lupin the Third (on Adult Swim), Trigun, One Piece, Inuyasha (mostly on Adult Swim), Nadesico, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, and I've seen the first episodes of Utena, Neon Genesis Evangilion, and Vampire Princess Miyu.

i like Escaflowne, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vampire Hunter D, Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun...and more i don't feel like typing out...

Cowboy Bebop is the only anime I like. I have 1 Lain DVD, but I can't really get into it. What I've seen of the Animatrix is pretty good, too.

trigun,hellsing,cowboy bebop and some others too.. and the animatrix was pretty kool i got it on DVD :D

I only watch anime movies I've seen

Akira
Ghost in the Shell
Blood The Last Vampire
Grave of the Fireflies
Princess Mononoke
Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust
Ninja Scroll
Animatrix

And the only anime show I watch is Hamtaro :twisted:

Berserk! Both Anime and Manga version rule! But besides that I like Cowboy Bebop, Hokuto No Ken, Fullmetal Alchemist, Naruto, Trigun, Gungrave, GTO, Hellsing, Evangelion, Tenjo Tenge, X, and DragonBall.

Yes

Hajime no Ippo
Cowboy Bebop
Groove Adventure Rave
Initial D
Hellsing
GTO
Get Backers
Trigun
Naruto
Berserk
Samurai Deeper Kyo
Rurouni Kenshin
Akira
Spriggan

And anything else that looks interesting ^_^

Some of the DVD series I have (the real thing), Beserk, Blue Gender, Cowboy Bebop, Excel Saga, Full Meal Panic, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Rahxephon, Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi, FLCL, GTO, Hellsing, Gundam W, Gundam 0083, Initial D (up to volume 6), Vampire Hunter D/Bloodlust, Witch Hunter Robin, Nadia Secret of Blue Water, Trigun........and many more single movie DVDs.

I own whatever anime I could find cheap. Well, most of it was cheap. I bought Evangelion on VHS when it was first released, which cost me a total of about $300. But I managed to get the Trigun DVD box for $35, and I bought Blue Seed when I saw it at Best Buy for $40. That said, I haven't watched much anime in a few years. I want to get Kenshin DVDs, but I'm broke, and will continue to be broke for at least a year.

Last week I saw some show called "Read Or Die". It's only 3 episodes long, and it's awesome. I'd highly recommend it.

I'm curious how old you guys are (that watch Anime). I suspect that all you guys are under 25.

I could be completely wrong though.

35$ for an entire anime series is a freaking bargain. The only FX dvds I have are Onegai Teacher and Outlaw Star.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']It's one of the few things I still watch.

In fact, it's just about the only thing I watch.[/quote]

Second'd.

My favorites are probably Naruto, Wolf's rain, Inuyasha, and Pretear, don't feel like listing all the ones I've watched

And my favorite anime movie is Princess Mononoke.

I'm not really that big an anime fan. I've watched Akira and the Ghost in the Shell. I also bought most of the early Robotech DVDs, but got bored with them and sold them.

I dunno it just seems like too much chatting about god knows what and bad translation, or even things that aren't translatable.

[quote name='crazytalkx']35$ for an entire anime series is a freaking bargain. The only FX dvds I have are Onegai Teacher and Outlaw Star.[/quote]

I own alot of stuff from Fx, but Mac's stuff is good too. Oh and $33 is a rip off for Fx dvd's. It should always be $21 for a 3 disc set.

I used to watch a lot of anime, but lately I have seen less and less.

Some of my favorites are:

Macross series
Cowboy Bebop
Azumanga
Grave of the Fireflies
Initial D
Great Teacher Onizuka
Hoshi no Koe
Onegai Teacher
Rahxephon
Fruits Basket
Chobits
Love Hina
Kenshin Trust/Betrayal
Full Metal Panic

I am sure there are more...

The only current anime I have been keeping up with is samurai champloo and Macross Zero.

Mine would have to be:
FLCL (bought vol 1 the other day)
Cowboy Bebop
Inuyasha
Case Closed
Outlaw Star
Tenchi
Rurouni Kenshin
Zoids
Big O
It kinda drifts off from there. I can't remember the rest for now.

Quite a few lets see

Kenshin
Big-O
Vampire Hunter D
Ninja Scroll
Gundam (Original MSG, 0083, Zeta, Char's Counterattack, Wing, Turn-A)
Hellsing
Evangelion
Betterman
X
Vandred
Trigun
Cowboy Bebop

Most of what I watch is anime. Do you guys watch fansubs? Some of my favorites that I have watched in the past/am watching now...

Naruto-best anime ever(my opinion :D )
Mars Daybreak
One Piece
GANTZ
Bakuretsu Tenshi
Monster
Midori No Hibi
Samurai Champloo
Street Fighter V
Yumeria
I could go on and on but these are some of my currents.

I love watching anime, but it's so damn expensive that I usually pass on it. I need a place around here that rents cheap anime. Do the rest of you buy it all?

The more I look at it, my past stance of "not an anime watcher" is slowly being toppled like the Berlin Wall. I now watch:

Rurouni Kenshin (my favorite anime)
Trigun
Cowboy Bebop
Outlaw Star
Wolf's Rain
Naruto
Inuyasha

Who knows what I'll be watching by the end of this school year, since that's when I got into Kenshin, Trigun, Bebop, Naruto, and Outlaw Star.
And as much as I hate to admit it, I've downloaded most of my anime, excluding Wolf's Rain and Inuyasha, but that's only cause I just started watching it. Anime was WAY too expensive to buy on DVD.

[quote name='charcoalfeather']all anime is good anime.[/quote]

I disagree wholeheartedly. Watch Anime Unleashed on G4TechTV. They put on some of the worst anime I've ever seen. Awful dubbing, poor animation, moronic storylines.

Back on topic, however, I've watched:

Ranma 1/2
Record of Lodoss War
Berserk [hope they make a second series, 'cause the manga is awesome]
Cowboy Bebop
Naruto
Neon Genesis Evangelion

Yes. These are the ones I've seen so far:

Trigun
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Hellsing
Berserk
X - The Series
Ninja Scroll
Vampire Hunter D
Blood - The Last Vampire
Gundam Wing
Ronin Warriors
Outlaw Star
Record of Lodoss War
Princess Mononoke

I've also seen some episodes of Witch Hunter Robin, Inuyasha, and Rurouni Kenshin on Cartoon Network. I still have Escaflowne and Lain to watch. I have no idea what to get after I'm done with those though. Any recommendations?

EDIT - Added Record of Lodoss War & Princess Mononoke

[quote name='xxdeadp0olxx']Yes. These are the ones I've seen so far:

Trigun
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Hellsing
Berserk
X - The Series
Ninja Scroll
Vampire Hunter D
Blood - The Last Vampire
Gundam Wing
Ronin Warriors
Outlaw Star

I've also seen some episodes of Witch Hunter Robin, Inuyasha, and Rurouni Kenshin on Cartoon Network. I still have Escaflowne and Lain to watch. I have no idea what to get after I'm done with those though. Any recommendations?[/quote]

You should watch more Kenshin...Everyone should watch more Kenshin.

[quote name='karsh'][quote name='xxdeadp0olxx']Yes. These are the ones I've seen so far:

Trigun
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Hellsing
Berserk
X - The Series
Ninja Scroll
Vampire Hunter D
Blood - The Last Vampire
Gundam Wing
Ronin Warriors
Outlaw Star

I've also seen some episodes of Witch Hunter Robin, Inuyasha, and Rurouni Kenshin on Cartoon Network. I still have Escaflowne and Lain to watch. I have no idea what to get after I'm done with those though. Any recommendations?[/quote]

You should watch more Kenshin...Everyone should watch more Kenshin.[/quote]

Only if you're talking about the OAV. I watched that first, and couldn't tolerate the campy tv series with the non-lethal swordplay. It became just another generic anime series, like Inuyasha (which gives me a headache).

Speaking of generic anime, damn I'm tired of people yelling out technique names before they do it. "VIPER SWORD SLASH OF GAMELON THAT I LEARNED FROM MASTER HIROSHI!" Oh really? Wow. Great. I DON'T CARE WHAT IT'S CALLED.

I used to. Now I only watch anime if a particularly good movie comes out.

I have seen:

Neon Genesis Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Too much Dragon Ball Z
Gundam Wing
Gundam: 08th MS Team
G Gundam
FLCL
Outlaw Star
Kenshin OVA's
Akira
Ninja Scroll
Princess Mononoke
Totoro
Laputa
Spirited Away
Perfect Blue
Millenium Actress
Tokyo Godfathers
Metropolis
Spriggan

Yes, Ranma 1/2, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Berserk, Gundam, Inuyasha, Yu Yu Hakusho, Fushigi Yuugi, Akria, Ninja Scrolls, and probably some more.

Quite a lot... but to just list from the top of my head:
Vandread, Naruto, Inuyasha, Love Hina, Ai Yori Aoshi, Rurouni Kenshin, Trigun, Tenjou Tenge, Fushigi Yuugi, Full Moon wo Sagashite, and a bunch of others.

[quote name='WildWop'][quote name='karsh'][quote name='xxdeadp0olxx']Yes. These are the ones I've seen so far:

Trigun
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Hellsing
Berserk
X - The Series
Ninja Scroll
Vampire Hunter D
Blood - The Last Vampire
Gundam Wing
Ronin Warriors
Outlaw Star

Only if you're talking about the OAV. I watched that first, and couldn't tolerate the campy tv series with the non-lethal swordplay. It became just another generic anime series, like Inuyasha (which gives me a headache).

Speaking of generic anime, damn I'm tired of people yelling out technique names before they do it. "VIPER SWORD SLASH OF GAMELON THAT I LEARNED FROM MASTER HIROSHI!" Oh really? Wow. Great. I DON'T CARE WHAT IT'S CALLED.[/quote]

Ummm...The whole fucking point of the series is that Kenshin makes a vow never to kill again, and begins using the reverse blade sword. You obviously weren't paying attention to the show at all...The OAVs are when Kenshin is still Battousai the Manslayer, and thus can kill people.

These are all the anime that I've watched that I really like:
Current stuff:
Boys over Flowers
Azumanga Daioh
Marmalade Boy

Stuff that has been finished:
CardCaptor Sakura
Love Hina
Escaflowne
Chance Pop Session
Oh My Goddess!

[quote name='xxdeadp0olxx']Yes. These are the ones I've seen so far:

Trigun
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Hellsing
Berserk
X - The Series
Ninja Scroll
Vampire Hunter D
Blood - The Last Vampire
Gundam Wing
Ronin Warriors
Outlaw Star
Record of Lodoss War
Princess Mononoke

I've also seen some episodes of Witch Hunter Robin, Inuyasha, and Rurouni Kenshin on Cartoon Network. I still have Escaflowne and Lain to watch. I have no idea what to get after I'm done with those though. Any recommendations?

EDIT - Added Record of Lodoss War & Princess Mononoke[/quote]

Based on what you've seen I'd reommend:

Akira - This should be standard viewing for everyone with a slight interest in anime
Gungrave
Macross Plus (the 2-part OAV, not the movie)
Ghost in the Shell
Previous Gundam series
Armored Trooper VOTOMS
Patlabor
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
Big O
RahXephon
Garsakaki
Blue Gender
Noir
Ninja Scroll: the series
Lupin the 3rd (though it doesn't fit right in with the genre you listed it a good anime, I particularly suggest the movie Caslte of Cagliostro, which was directed by Miyazaki)

And I'm sure there is more that others can suggest...

[quote name='karsh'][quote name='WildWop'][quote name='karsh'][quote name='xxdeadp0olxx']Yes. These are the ones I've seen so far:

Trigun
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Hellsing
Berserk
X - The Series
Ninja Scroll
Vampire Hunter D
Blood - The Last Vampire
Gundam Wing
Ronin Warriors
Outlaw Star

Speaking of generic anime, damn I'm tired of people yelling out technique names before they do it. "VIPER SWORD SLASH OF GAMELON THAT I LEARNED FROM MASTER HIROSHI!" Oh really? Wow. Great. I DON'T CARE WHAT IT'S CALLED.[/quote]

Ummm...The whole shaq-fuing point of the series is that Kenshin makes a vow never to kill again, and begins using the reverse blade sword. You obviously weren't paying attention to the show at all...The OAVs are when Kenshin is still Battousai the Manslayer, and thus can kill people.[/quote]

I fully understand the reason for the reversed blade, but (pun not intended) the edge that the OAV had was lost in the process. If it were a serious anime with a guy dealing with his horrible past, I would have lapped it up like so much Jack Daniels. What they gave us, instead, was a campy shade of the former badass Battousai. I didn't bite.

And FYI, I watched a full season of that crap before judging it. Be more careful before you jump to conclusions.

[quote name='xxdeadp0olxx'][/quote][quote name='Duo_Maxwell']

Based on what you've seen I'd reommend:

Akira - This should be standard viewing for everyone with a slight interest in anime
Gungrave
Macross Plus (the 2-part OAV, not the movie)
Ghost in the Shell
Previous Gundam series
Armored Trooper VOTOMS
Patlabor
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
Big O
RahXephon
Garsakaki
Blue Gender
Noir
Ninja Scroll: the series
Lupin the 3rd (though it doesn't fit right in with the genre you listed it a good anime, I particularly suggest the movie Caslte of Cagliostro, which was directed by Miyazaki)

And I'm sure there is more that others can suggest...[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestions. I've seen Akira and I own Ghost in the Shell & Vampire Hunter D : Bloodlust. I knew I left some off when I was writing the list. I was interested in the Ninja Scroll series since I think the original kicks ass, I just wasn't sure if it was going to be as good. Well, I'll definitely be sure to check out some of those other ones. Thanks again.

[quote name='zewone']Wow. This thread actually took off after more than a year of no posts.[/quote]

Damn, I didn't even notice that the thread started that long ago until you said something.

Oh yeah, I liked the Stand Alone Complex, granted I've only seen what's on the 1st volume, but I found it to be very slick, especially for a movie to series translation (which usually end up sucking). It's also been getting pretty good reviews.

bread's done
Back