DOA for now BB - Watchmen: The Ultimate Cut 12.99 BR

fight_the_youth

CAGiversary!
Not sure if this is an error but at the moment Best Buy website has the Watchmen: The Ultimate Cut for 12.99
its only available for in store pick up and not available for shipping
says available at most stores but no store is showing it in stock

Update:
Just came back from the store and noticed a sign having the dates of sale price good from 7-18 to 8-14

Asked someone who works in the media dept to check the status and said they are suppose to be getting in 6 copies of the movie. Also had him check other stores and shows that the rest of the stores have copies being shipped to them too.

Yet another update:
Website has this listed at 49.99 now
but some stores still have the signage up
showing sale price from 7-18 to 8-14

http://www.bestbuy.com use sku 9588868

1496738h.jpg

1496738bh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Link doesn't work but if you search, you can find it. None in a 45 mile radius of Nashville. I can't even find a zip code that does have a copy in stock.

[quote name='whoasaywhat']Link doesn't work but if you search, you can find it. None in a 45 mile radius of Nashville. I can't even find a zip code that does have a copy in stock.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Every zip I try is saying it's out of stock.

None in Orlando or Tampa Bay area. Must be a glitch. Or maybe some store has like one copy left of it. If this was an online deal, I'd be all over it even though I have the Directors cut. I heard that this is the cut to have.

Definitely an error. There are two listings online for Watchmen: The Ultimate cut. One is the 31.99 real one, one is this 12.99 one, that pull up no stock anywhere. Sorry guys. Would have been nice to snag this at that price.

This version is a must have, and at this price it's simply ridiculous and well worth the effort to try to get this deal in store. Amazon recently clearanced their remaining stock out at $29.xx. It looks like the one "on sale" at Best Buy is the DVD version, for $31.99.

I recommend people print out a screenshot of it at $12.99 and try to check their local Best Buys over their normal travels the next few days/weeks. If you can find a copy, try to get a PM because this would absolutely be a deal of the year. These will be selling for 5-10 times this amount by the end of the year.

[quote name='karkyco']This version is a must have, and at this price it's simply ridiculous and well worth the effort to try to get this deal in store. Amazon recently clearanced their remaining stock out at $29.xx. It looks like the one "on sale" at Best Buy is the DVD version, for $31.99.

I recommend people print out a screenshot of it at $12.99 and try to check their local Best Buys over their normal travels the next few days/weeks. If you can find a copy, try to get a PM because this would absolutely be a deal of the year. These will be selling for 5-10 times this amount by the end of the year.[/QUOTE]

The only problem is, none of the stores have them in stock. The other problem is, its Best Buys policy to not price match their own website. So if you can get them to, its very YMMV.

[quote name='mediviper']The only problem is, none of the stores have them in stock. The other problem is, its Best Buys policy to not price match their own website. So if you can get them to, its very YMMV.[/QUOTE]

They always match sales on their website in-store.

[quote name='mediviper']The only problem is, none of the stores have them in stock. The other problem is, its Best Buys policy to not price match their own website. So if you can get them to, its very YMMV.[/QUOTE]

As a BB employee, I can tell you at the very least it is my particular store's policy to match our website. Heck, that's one of the reasons we have in-store kiosks with our website loaded on 'em.

[quote name='SDC']As a BB employee, I can tell you at the very least it is my particular store's policy to match our website. Heck, that's one of the reasons we have in-store kiosks with our website loaded on 'em.[/QUOTE]

Yea, but the prices reflect the in-store prices not the web's unless something has changed since i've last used them.

Guys, this is now Out of Print. Apparently another BB Employee said they packed them all up and shipped them back to Warner last week. Puzzling. I'll stock in mine today and see if they have any.

Damn. I actually wanted this and was going to wait for it to go cheap. ($30 is a bit too much). Argg.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Apparently another BB Employee said they packed them all up and shipped them back to Warner last week. Puzzling.[/QUOTE]

I would agree that if that statement is true it is very puzzling. Why would they send back the BluRay version but not the DVD version? I have a hard time believing this is true.

No stores in my area had them in stock online. Just to be sure, I went to three different stores. None had them in stock. I did find the DVD version in stock though.

I have Amazon credit still. I might actually pick it up even though I have the Directors Cut. I could always use another Watchmen copy.

[quote name='ceckman']I would agree that if that statement is true it is very puzzling. Why would they send back the BluRay version but not the DVD version? I have a hard time believing this is true.

No stores in my area had them in stock online. Just to be sure, I went to three different stores. None had them in stock. I did find the DVD version in stock though.[/QUOTE]

I read that today over on....DVDTalk I think? It makes no sense to me either. Maybe Warner will re-distribute it out later or repackaging it up for a Holiday boxset?

[quote name='GizmoGC']Guys, this is now Out of Print. Apparently another BB Employee said they packed them all up and shipped them back to Warner last week. Puzzling. I'll stock in mine today and see if they have any.

Damn. I actually wanted this and was going to wait for it to go cheap. ($30 is a bit too much). Argg.[/QUOTE]

hmm shipped back to warner... maybe we'll see it in biglots for 6-10 bucks around Christmas then.

[quote name='Afflicted']hmm shipped back to warner... maybe we'll see it in biglots for 6-10 bucks around Christmas then.[/QUOTE]

No, likely $20-$25 from an online retailer once they sell the remaining stock that was shipped back to them. Retail space is precious and having a $60 MSRP set rotting away is not what retailers want (especially when the original Watchmen disc is typically $15).

[quote name='chrisnsally']So...just to confirm - absolutely NO ONE has actually found this deal. Going to call this D.O.A. in my book....[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure we can safely say it's D.O.A. Checked 3 Best Buy stores in my area and each one had the regular DVD set but not the blu-ray. Guy at one of the stores confirmed they pulled their remaining stock of the blu and shipped them back.

D.O.A. in my book as the BB I went to had none on Blu and the store employee looked it up and said that version was no longer in their system. Suspicious. DVD version still remained.

The locator isnt really the end-all either. There's quite a few things where my stores have 3 of them but they show as OOS on the locator.

[quote name='sunnysky']bummer.
Oh well, looks like this is another BB Bait and switch sale. An unintentional one, but one none the less.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

How is it a bait and switch when it's not available online or in-store? Do you even know what the term means?

[quote name='sunnysky']whatever.[/QUOTE]

No, really, explain how it's a bait and switch. It's $12.99 on the website and it has been Unavailable for both Shipping and In-Store ordering. If that's the bait, what are they switching you too? It's not like you can order for In-Store pickup and they are switching it with the normal release. It's a price for a product that is not available. Happens all the time. It's not posted in the weekly ad.

Just Googling finds this definition:
a deceptive way of selling that involves advertising a product at a very low price in order to attract customers who are then persuaded to switch to a more expensive product

[quote name='crunchb3rry']In for one if Amazon pricematches.[/QUOTE]

Amazon can't since it's Out of Print and they no longer carry it. No online sites do except WBShop.com. Just wait. It will show up in the next month or two somewhere for a decent price.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]I took the sale tag that Best buy had out and went across the street and had Ultimate Electronics price match them :D
[/FONT]

i was in best buy earlier today (buying Fletch & Entourage S6 BDs) and i noticed they actually had a price print out for this in on the shelf where it shouldve been. they only had the regular release though (dont really care either way, bought it back when it came out for $30)

I was able to get one today. I had to go to two Best Buys. The first one looked it up and said none of the Best Buys in the area had it. But I stopped on the way home to one near my house and they had one copy left. All in all it was $14.16.

[quote name='GizmoGC']No, really, explain how it's a bait and switch. It's $12.99 on the website and it has been Unavailable for both Shipping and In-Store ordering. If that's the bait, what are they switching you too? It's not like you can order for In-Store pickup and they are switching it with the normal release. It's a price for a product that is not available. Happens all the time. It's not posted in the weekly ad.

Just Googling finds this definition:[/QUOTE]

Good god man, give it up.

bread's done
Back