Does any one else HATE racers?

help1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Games like Forza, PGR 3, and GT.

I find them all very boring. Mario Kart is the only racer I have ever liked, and I still prefer the battle mode.

I don't like realistic racers like GT. I like arcade style racers though like Ridge Racer and Burnout, futuristic racers like F-Zero, Wipeout and Quantum Redshift and kart racers.

i like racers if theyre easy to control, and if youre not just on one straight path, I like being able to take shortcuts, or jump through buildings and shit..

I wouldn't say that I hate them, but at the same time, they don't hold a lot of appeal for me, either. Mario Kart is the only racing game I play with any regularity and that's only because my friends love the multiplayer. I'll take a RPG over a racer any day.

I spent a ton of time with the first Gran Turismo. After that, I kinda lost interest in the series.

Arcade racers are defintiely my preference. Both PGR games on the Xbox took a lot of my time (despite leaning a bit towards the sim line). The Burnouts are all fantastic (save for that DS one ;) ). Most recently I had a blast with Excite Truck as well. Played a lot of San Fransico Rush on the N64 back in high school too (though that has not aged well).

Kart racers aren't normally my cup of tea, yet Mario Kart 64 and Mario Kart DS have probably sucked up more time than any other game on their respective systems. The non-mode-7 Mario Kart games just work; most other Kart racers are either boring, broken, or both.

Since my run with GT, I've never been able to get into the sim games. If I wanted to take a drivers test, I'd just go to BMV.

Burnout is good too, I like fast paced and action packed racers, which seem to be a rarity. Well, good ones any way.

I hate realistic racers, you hit 150 MPH, adn i still dont feel the "fast" as much as I wish I could, and then the damn realistic turning kills me!

When I first got a PS2, I played GT3 A-spec for a few weeks then got tired of it. I did spend a lot of time with Need For Speed Underground though. Haven't bought another racer since then.

Back when it came out I was really into GT3. After being dumb enough to do those 100 lap races for rare cars, I never played a realistic racer again. Normally I won't even think of playing a racer, but the burnout revenge demo was fun as hell.

I like racing games in general unless its a super sim (Gran Turismo). I like PGR or Rallysport type games. It has the perfect balance of arcade and sim.

I like to try all the new racing games that come out, mainly for the cars.

I don't hate them, but there are very few I enjoy playing..

Most Wanted and PGR3 are the only recent ones that come to mind. Burnout is okay too.

I also don't enjoy racing games like Forza, PGR 3 and GT. I only play Mario Kart, Wipeout, F-Zero and a couple others.

I use to like em more when I was a kid...now I find they get kinda boring and usually they are really short to beat (Like Mario Kart...beat it in 1 day ALL the modes mirror and unlocked everything and just returned it). I really used to be like addicted to gran Turismo for a bit. I plan on trying Forza 2, is that like GT or anything?

I quit GT when it got and took too long to get new cars and stuff...there were these crazy 3249374923 lap races and I said screw it.

I only like racers where you can fly and take shortcuts and shoot others. I've pretty much described San Francisco Rush 2049 for Dreamcast.

Racing games is one of my least favorite game genre. I don't really care for Kart racers and I usually buy sim racers like GT or PGR when they are $20 or less. If I had to pick a favorite, it has to be the Burnout series. I like them because there is more to just racing to be in first place.

[quote name='Moses144']I only like racers where you can fly and take shortcuts and shoot others. I've pretty much described San Francisco Rush 2049 for Dreamcast.[/quote]

That was my second dreamcast game, and taht game (at the tiem atleast) was amazing!

I lean more towards arcade racers with the occasional dip back into realistic every so often. I mean Gran Turismo can be nice from time to time but all in all it bores me if i'm forced to do some race with a car I would normally never use just for a trophy in the event. Burnout though.......... i've played for ridiculous amounts of time and still play when friends are over.

The only games that mildly excited me was Burnout 3 and Diddy Kong Racing. Burnout 3 had a real sense of speed. Diddy Kong Racing was just plain fun.

Everything else I've tried is boring.

I love racing games where you can destroy the other cars, such as Burnout. Did anyone play Rumble Racing for PS2? That was a sweet game. I did enjoy Gran Turismo 3, but I sucked at turning. I haven't really played a sim racer since then.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I don't like realistic racers like GT. I like arcade style racers though like Ridge Racer and Burnout, futuristic racers like F-Zero, Wipeout and Quantum Redshift and kart racers.[/QUOTE]

GT isnt a realistic racer. Forza is the only sim Ive liked that really feels like an actual car.

I like all types of racing games. Gran Turismo, Burnout, Project Gotham, Mario Kart, Forza, Need For Speed...you name it, I enjoy it.

Burnout, Mario Kart, and Diddy Kong Racing are great. I don't have a problem with Forza or F-Zero either.

Everything else just seems tedious.

For the most part, I don't like the racing genre. I don't HATE it, but I prefer not to play the games. Exceptions are: Burnout and Mario Kart. I found the license mode in Gran Turismo to be pretty fun too. Also, any racing game that can be played online is a plus. Most racing games have to be pretty good for me to actually buy them though.

I wouldn't use a word as strong as 'hate.' Thorough lack of interest would be more accurate.

To me, realistic racing sims are useless for the same reason I have no interest in sports sims. To me, they're the equivalent of masturbating while ignoring an actual willing human partner. I don't want games to substitute for real life, I want to let me do things that would otherwise be impossible or at least fatal. I can far more fun on a 100cc dirt bike just putting around than I can in any Moto-X sim. I can have far more thrill taking my boring car down some local canyon roads than in playing any Formula 1 or NASCAR sim. (I grew up near some roads that people travel from around the world to ride but you get the idea.)

OTOH, I've never passed by a construction site and felt compelled to see if I could reach the top of the framework just on my jumping ability alone. I'll leave that for video games.

[quote name='epobirs']To me, realistic racing sims are useless for the same reason I have no interest in sports sims. To me, they're the equivalent of masturbating while ignoring an actual willing human partner.

OTOH, I've never passed by a construction site and felt compelled to see if I could reach the top of the framework just on my jumping ability alone. I'll leave that for video games.[/quote]

Those two posts are gold. :lol:

At any rate, I love racers. I refer arcade and the kart based games, but I enjoy the occasional Gran Turismo or Project Gotham game. I never bother trying to unlock everything in sim racers though.

Not really into them...although arcade racers are ok. Burnout is fun. There is one racing game I really really like though and that's R.C. Pro AM.

Jeez, I didn't know there was so much disinterest in racers. Racing isn't one of my favorite genres, but I'll pick up a good racer anyday. I put a lot of time into the first GT, Tourist Trophy, various Mario Karts, various Xtreme-Gs, Burnout 2 and 3, and PGR2. Oh, and Beetle Adventure Racing. Me and my buddy used to play that damn game so much back in 5th grade. Good times. :D

I used to hate racers. Then I played Need For Speed Hot Pursuit on the PC and fell in love with it. After that I enjoyed NFS Underground 1 and 2, Ridge Racer PSP, Burnout 3, Project Gotham Racing 1 and 2 (but not 3), Burnout Revenge and a few others. The sim style racers are absolutely BORING though. GT3 and 4 both bored me to tears. I appreciated the depth and so forth but the game play was just so excrutiatingly boring that it just wasnt for me.

The OP seems to be saying: Does anyone else hate realistic racers?

As for me I like a few. Sega GT on the Dreamcast was neat as was GT 4 despite it's flaws and pretentiousness. I also like the Tokyo Xtreme series.

I used to pretty much hate all racers, and Mario Kart changed my mind.

I 'm quite fond of Midtown Madness 3. I loved driving around actual towns and having goals that weren't just racing around a course over and over.

I also liked STUN Runner way back when.

Generally, racing around a track, trying to eke out a slightly faster time or figuring out the line around the course that will provide the optimum time is boring to me. If that's all there is, I lose interest pretty quickly.

I used to think I hated racers, but after playing and enjoying a variety of racers, it's not the racing I hate. It's the fact that my interest in cars is practically nonexistent, so finding the perfect line and spending hours tuning a car to get the last two horsepower from it (my friend has done this on one occasion) isn't exactly my idea of fun, nor the idea of spending hours driving around in "circles" to unlock more "circles" and slightly faster cars.

The games I tend to like are the ones that let you do more than just race. Things like free-roaming and drift tracks in NFSU, the Crash and Pursuit modes from Burnout, and the Battle mode from Mario Kart are some examples. I also found out can enjoy a good sim (I played GT3 a decent amount, and a handful of other sims). I'll just get bored of it way before the halfway mark if there isn't anything else to do.

[quote name='jkam']Not really into them...although arcade racers are ok. Burnout is fun. There is one racing game I really really like though and that's R.C. Pro AM.[/quote]

Classic game. I have fond memories of renting that Friday evenings and playing it on rainy Saturday mornings when I was a kid. Awesome.

They need to port that to the GBA.

[quote name='help1']Games like Forza, PGR 3, and GT.

I find them all very boring. Mario Kart is the only racer I have ever liked, and I still prefer the battle mode.[/QUOTE]

Not at all, a good racer is the absolutely perfect pick up and play game, yet you can still end up devoting 50 hours into them.

Of course, except for RPG's, I typically prefer arcade games: fighters, racers, and music.

Also, if you want to get someone into video games, a racer is certainly the way to go. I'd say a console with a fighting game, a racing game, and a rhythm game, are sure fire ways to get anyone playing.

Ugh, racing games. Boring. The only racing games I enjoy are the ones with weapons ala Mario Kart. Racers like Gran Tourismo bore me to tears. I'd rather watch paint dry. They are probably the one kind of game I have almost zero interest in.

I love to play arcade style racers every now and then, especially if they offer shortcuts or have destruction. Or both.

Realistic racers are just boring as hell.

bread's done
Back