Does BB hate the PS3

Zero_Shadow

CAGiversary!
I have noticed a pattern recently in my reward zone coupons that are the 10% and 12% off ones.

The last two I have received that mention 10% or 12% for video games, video game accessories, toys, etc etc all excluded PS3 accessories.

Am I the only one who has noticed this as a PS3 owner im a little upset why doesnt that exclude Xbox and Wii accessories as well why just PS3 stuff?

Having previously worked for the Evil Empire that is BB. It is probably not a bias but just that the XBOX and Wii accessories have more of a markup than the PS3 ones. The only reason certain items are ever excluded is because there markup isn't all that great.

[quote name='robEstyles']Having previously worked for the Evil Empire that is BB. It is probably not a bias but just that the XBOX and Wii accessories have more of a markup than the PS3 ones. The only reason certain items are ever excluded is because there markup isn't all that great.[/QUOTE]

No, I'd rather go with the conspiracy. kthxbye.

well as i understand it, retailers don't make a whole lot of money off games. they make a LOT of money off accessories. considering the attach rate of accessories for the 360 vs the PS3, i'd say that since 360 sells more accessories, they can afford to lose some profit per item vs the PS3's accessories which don't move as fast.

Well the way the coupons reads:

"Excludes...Playstation 3, video game Hardware and video game accessories."

Now I always read that as " No ps3, Xbox, wii, ds etc" But your saying that the stuff after PS3 is directly relating to PS3 hardware and accessories? So the coupon can be used on all consoles?

Anyone have anymore info on this?

No, I see the PS3 and all it's boring ass shit on sale or in every ad from BB. Let's just face it, the 360/Wii sell more, and continue to sell more. I haven't seen, nor gotten, not even rented, a PS3 game in months. The systems laments as a dvd player. Pretty lame. Every game is just as good, looks better, is cheaper, etc. for 360.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']No, I see the PS3 and all it's boring ass shit on sale or in every ad from BB. Let's just face it, the 360/Wii sell more, and continue to sell more. I haven't seen, nor gotten, not even rented, a PS3 game in months. The systems laments as a dvd player. Pretty lame. Every game is just as good, looks better, is cheaper, etc. for 360.[/QUOTE]

But thats not true. If I remember correctly every month this year so far the PS3 has outsold the 360.

This thread is not going to be a flame war with btw the next gen consoles I simply wanted to know if anybody had noticed this.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']No, I see the PS3 and all it's boring ass shit on sale or in every ad from BB. Let's just face it, the 360/Wii sell more, and continue to sell more. I haven't seen, nor gotten, not even rented, a PS3 game in months. The systems laments as a dvd player. Pretty lame. Every game is just as good, looks better, is cheaper, etc. for 360.[/quote]

You really are living up to your title. :roll:

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']No, I see the PS3 and all it's boring ass shit on sale or in every ad from BB. Let's just face it, the 360/Wii sell more, and continue to sell more. I haven't seen, nor gotten, not even rented, a PS3 game in months. The systems laments as a dvd player. Pretty lame. Every game is just as good, looks better, is cheaper, etc. for 360.[/quote]

LOL, Xbox 360 is so 2007. Welcome to 2008. Year of the PS3.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was by request of Sony. I remember going to a Babbages back in the PSX days when they were having a huge 40% off everything sale, but they weren't allowed to mark down greatest hits titles, because Sony wouldn't let them.

i dont see why sony wouldn't let them. the stock in the store is already bought from sony. why would sony not let retailers lose money on their own discretion

[quote name='SAGExSDX']i dont see why sony wouldn't let them. the stock in the store is already bought from sony. why would sony not let retailers lose money on their own discretion[/QUOTE]

Bose and Apple do the same thing.

[quote name='SAGExSDX']i dont see why sony wouldn't let them. the stock in the store is already bought from sony. why would sony not let retailers lose money on their own discretion[/quote]

That is what I was thinking after the retailer buys the items from the manufacters warehouse and they have the base price they want the item to sell for but isnt it the retailer to decide if they want to sell it cheaper or more than the base price?

Does BB hate the PS3? Probably not.
Does BB love making money? Definately yes.
Am I going to make another point in this thread? Maybe or maybe not.
Will the OP find out who's really behind all this? Tune in next week to find out.

Does BB hate the PS3??

YES!!!

Dilemma Solved.

All kidding aside, they mave have that on there due to some of the people "manipulating" the wording on a coupon to allow them to buy a PS3 at a percentage off. I know we all have done it one time or another but I'm sure there is other ways to get money off of one. (ala Sony Card).

bread's done
Back