does gamestop still trade in used original xbox games

sleepydumbdude

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
I got like 10 that are stupid ones I got at a yard sale for under a quarter each that I all ready had and just want to be rid of them with no hassle.

Yes, but it also depends on what you have. If you have any sports games that are earlier than 2007 they won't be taken. Also if the store has around 4 or 5 selves that are full of games then your games most likely will not be taken in.

Yeah, they'll still take them. But more than likely you'll probably break even if you trade them in there or make $.25 more. About 90% of the Xbox games they sell are under $5, so don't expect more than $.80 a game.

But if any of them are scratched up badly or missing the insert, don't even bother taking them. The fee they will charge for it will basically make it so that either you'd have to pay them to take it or essentially give it to them for free.

I bought about 35 to 40 games for 7 bucks. Lady was asking ten for them all and wouldn't break them up and all I had was 7 and she took it. I just wanted Psychonauts and Buffy that was in there. It had like 7 sports games but I don't buy sports games so kept them in case I ever feel the need to play them.

If they don't take them I think I am just going to leave them in front of the store for someone to just pick up.

The ones I all ready had are Pirates of the Caribbean, Halo, Dino Crisis, The Sims, Hulk, Burnout Revenge, Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, Fable, Sphinx, and Vexx.

Honestly, go through the "trouble" of listing and selling games on eBay.
Something like a Psychonauts would go for $5 at Gamestop, while you could sell it for $20 ($18 by current value via search) on eBay.

They do have a bonus this week of 25% on traded in XBox/PS2/Gamecube games if you have the coupon from the weekly email so if you're going to do it, you'll want to print out the coupon and do it before close of business on Thursday.

Go on eBay and see if anything you don't want actually fetches anything. More than likely, it doesn't. Off the top of my head, I really didn't see anything you listed that is really worth more than $10.

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']It's not worth it you will most likely get 1 dollar credit for each one :whistle2:([/quote]

True but it's the only good option Gamestop related.

If you don't have a mom and pop game store in your area, best bet for cash is EBay/Amazon Marketplace/Craigslist or if you want to build up credit to get new games, go to goozex.com. If you do that, put me in the referral box please.

I don't feel like messing with ebay. Its not worth my time for something so small. My work is about a block from gamestop and I usually go over there about once a week anyways.

bread's done
Back