DOJ declares mary jane to have no medical purpose

[quote name='Scorch']Color me surprised that a guy with "legalize it" in his CAG user title is upset at this news ;)[/QUOTE]

After this turn of events it's looking like I'm going to need a new title

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']Just when I thought it was getting closer and closer to the end of this silly "war on drugs" the DOJ announces this.[/QUOTE]

There will never be a end to the war on drugs. The war on drugs is a phrase used to rally the support of voters and to look good on polls during campaign times. You cant actually go to war on drugs because there is nothing to fight and no way to win, or even anything to actually win.

Politicians love to declare war on things though so they look good and can make excuses for wasting billions in tax payer money. And the tax payers put up with it. They want to be lied to basically, they want to believe the government is stopping drugs by "declaring war on them" but in reality drug importation, sales, useage and manufacturing continue on as normal. No one really cares if they are stopped, they just want to be told they will be stopped. And thats one of many reasons this country is in the toilet, because we are happy to be lied to. Were happy to believe the economy is getting better because its what the government says, we want to believe drug problems are going away because they have been declared war on, we want to believe losing personal rights and freedoms is ok because the government says they are declaring war on terrorism with the patriot act and so on.

I mean obama is up for relection next year, is it any wonder they suddenly start taking a firm stance against marijuana? Expect other such bold statements made during the rest of this year. He has to start rallying the support of people he wants voting him for him come 2012.

Whether it has medicinal uses or not, that shouldn't be relevant to its legality. Doesn't help the stigma though.

edit: lol, all my favorite drugs are in the same class as heroin apparently.

[quote name='pete5883']I'm sure the Department of Justice knows best about how the human body works.[/QUOTE]
Maybe we should ask the FDA if we should raise the debt ceiling.

Well, in all fairness, who's going to know more about things that don't serve a purpose than the United States government?

[quote name='camoor']These guys:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298948&referrerid=7607[/QUOTE]

g%2Fn%2Fgnfwaevrfjtafaavqdsrmiokgsfdoarxcslbrmolgppxaaomvc.jpg

Whether it has a medical purpose or not is kinda irrelevant to the debate. Morphine has a medical purpose, so should we legalize that?

This just in Alcohol and Tobacco have no medical purpose.

Who spends the most to fund anti-MJ campaigns? That's right Booze and Cig companies, why? duh kill the competition. How many of you know how to distill alcohol or brew beer that's good? How many of you can put a seed in the ground and water it?

bread's done
Back