Dokapon Kingdom In Stock at Gamestop.com 24.99 (used) [Coming In and Out of Stock]

arsenalcrazy8

CAGiversary!
As title says...

and before someone shouts "wheres the deal?" I suggest you look at the prices for this online...

I smell reprint here though.

Id link to it...but the website is kinda broken for me I always get a "game over" screen

Last edited by a moderator:
I just checked and more stores are popping up now in different part of the country that didn't have stock earlier. What I did was start in grapevine, tx and input different cities outward. Cause grapevine and Lewisville area are the main gamestop warehouses. So look like probably by the end of the week if im right other cities not showing stock now should by then. Cause maybe deliveries haven't made it that far yet.

I just checked and more stores are popping up now in different part of the country that didn't have stock earlier. What I did was start in grapevine, tx and input different cities outward. Cause grapevine and Lewisville area are the main gamestop warehouses. So look like probably by the end of the week if im right other cities not showing stock now should by then. Cause maybe deliveries haven't made it that far yet.
None in Michigan still. Ordered a pair that was $40 with tax/saver/cag16/PUR and figure it's easy enough to return otherwise.

Either something is up with the locator, or people are really out there hunting down the game.  There was one at every store in 100 mi of Tampa earlier today and now it says there are none.  Checked the locator and it seems to be working for other areas, so I'm not sure what the deal is.

What's bad about reprints? Is it just that it lowers value for collectors? How can you tell if something is a reprint other than greatest hits versions?

I sometime wonder if gamestop is taking cues from Disney and there Disney Vault? lol maybe there a gamestop vault?

What's bad about reprints? Is it just that it lowers value for collectors? How can you tell if something is a reprint other than greatest hits versions?
sometime different casing or cover design usually a horrible new cover design. For Instance with xenoblade if you look inside you can tell a original vs a reprint by rather it says Nintendo or wii on the inside. If it says Wii then it the first one and if it says Nintendo then sorry you got a gamestop reprint lol

I get the deal with xenoblade bein sold for 90 but what's the concern with this game for $25? Are there ps3 games that have been reprinted? Like tales games for ps3?

I thought dokapon kingdom was fun. I played it with my family. Board game rpg ish. It was like the last game I played last generation.

n yeah, haha, i remember feeling like a boss getting 30% off of $80 used marvel vs capcom 2 before I became a real cag. It was like 56 and now psn for 5 or 10 lol. that's life

How can you tell if something is a reprint other than greatest hits versions?
The only difference between the reprint & the original Dokapon is that the original print has white/blue art on the disc while the reprint is fully colored.

This is actually the 2nd time Gamestop has had it reprinted. I want to say they raised it to $35-$40 the last time they reprinted it, but i'd imagine if they planned on a price hike, they would've done it before putting all of them for sale on the site.

Nintendo would have to be aware of this or it's no different than you or I pirating games right?

Online is OOS again...for now. I believe it was similar with Xenoblade/MPT when it came in stock originally after the reprint.

Well I think the Tales series has more general recognition than Xenoblade probably does and they typically have kept Tales games that didn't have big runs and weren't immediately put on sale like crazy on the higher side. Look at Graces for example. Hearts is a GS exclusive so I can see them doing that if they think it's profitable. Order however many copies they're going to anyway, sell whatever portion of that you think you need to sell to capitalize on initial demand, reserve/reprint the rest until interest is higher.
Yea, Tales games have definitely increased in popularity in recent times. I was referring to Dokapon Kingdom not being as popular as Xeno and MPT though . As long as Gamestop is making money on reprints they will continue.

There are mixed feelings about reprints. Like it or not Games have become collectible. Anytime collectibles are reproduced to look like the originals it can cause a lot of problems.

Well whoever the rights holder to the game is certainly knows if it's a reprint. Like Nintendo definitely had to know, approve and manufacture the Xenoblade and MPT because they were the publisher.

Well whoever the rights holder to the game is certainly knows if it's a reprint. Like Nintendo definitely had to know, approve and manufacture the Xenoblade and MPT because they were the publisher.
Right, but since Nintendo receives a percentage of all game sells as platform holder wouldn't they need to be aware to collect their percentage? Is selling it used a possible way around that and if so wouldn't that essentially be piracy?

Right, but since Nintendo receives a percentage of all game sells wouldn't they need to be aware to collect their percentage? Is sellung it used a possible wy around that and if so wouldn't that essentially be piracy?
Likely Gamestop paid the percentage when they bought the games.

It's far from news anyway. PS2 and Gamecube got reprints sold as used too.

I don't think anyone sensible believes GS not only has access to disc manufacturing facilities, but found a way to use them for this without a lawsuit.

Right, but since Nintendo receives a percentage of all game sells as platform holder wouldn't they need to be aware to collect their percentage? Is selling it used a possible way around that and if so wouldn't that essentially be piracy?
Well the games came from Nintendo or their distributor or there was a contract in place for GS to do it so Nintendo got their money I'm sure. So either there was an agreement that the reprinted copies would be sold used or they could have done something like sold them to themselves and then opened them all to resell as used. If Nintendo even cares but considering how fiercely they guard their stuff I would imagine that Nintendo would have strongly discouraged GS I steadying of giving them more exclusive stuff.

As far as piracy goes it really would only fall in that realm if GS was making the reprints on their own outside of a contract. Even if this whole business wasn't explicitly cleared by Nintendo I'm sure whatever actually happened was well within their contractual rights.

I don't think anyone sensible believes GS not only has access to disc manufacturing facilities, but found a way to use them for this without a lawsuit.
Well the issue always was that it happened either to enable or as a result of the exorbitant prices GS was charging for used copies. Yes it was still lower than individual sellers at the time but it was a new ugly step for GS.

To manufacture the discs, the art work, and manuals they would have had to have had access to source materials. So either Nintendo provided them directly under their contract or they were allowed to subcontract the duplication facility that Nintendo used for the games.

Well the games came from Nintendo or their distributor or there was a contract in place for GS to do it so Nintendo got their money I'm sure. So either there was an agreement that the reprinted copies would be sold used or they could have done something like sold them to themselves and then opened them all to resell as used. If Nintendo even cares but considering how fiercely they guard their stuff I would imagine that Nintendo would have strongly discouraged GS I steadying of giving them more exclusive stuff.

As far as piracy goes it really would only fall in that realm if GS was making the reprints on their own outside of a contract. Even if this whole business wasn't explicitly cleared by Nintendo I'm sure whatever actually happened was well within their contractual rights.
That's what I was thinking. I wasn't implying that Gamestop actually committed Piracy, just saying that doing so without an agreement in place would essentially be the same. Sorry if that was unclear.

I'm sure GS took all necessary measures to ensure it's on the up and up in the legal arena :)

Right, and as long as it remains profitable reprints will continue.

I was just curious how it all plays out and who had to be involved and why used vs. new. Maybe one of Nintendo's stipulations was that reprints aren't sold as new???

Well that's an easy one. If it's new Nintendo/MS/Sony have fairly strict requirements for retailers on what they can do with the price when something's new. By selling it used they could jack it up to $100.

Well that's an easy one. If it's new Nintendo/MS/Sony have fairly strict requirements for retailers on what they can do with the price when something's new. By selling it used they could jack it up to $100.
But they left it at $24.99. Why not sell it new until they do jack it up? That's where it seems shady to me. It seems like they are intentionally trying to keep it from being known it was reprinted where as if new games showed up it would be obvious.

I guess regardless of the exact reason it's fair to say it's easier for them to sell it used rather than new now and in the event they do increase the price.

Ah well, interesting situation and one of those deals that has always peaked my curiosity :)

The only difference between the reprint & the original Dokapon is that the original print has white/blue art on the disc while the reprint is fully colored.

This is actually the 2nd time Gamestop has had it reprinted. I want to say they raised it to $35-$40 the last time they reprinted it, but i'd imagine if they planned on a price hike, they would've done it before putting all of them for sale on the site.
Wait, so the 1st reprint had a full colored disc? I bought mine during the first reprint and it was just blue. It's way too new looking to not be a reprint too.

Wait, so the 1st reprint had a full colored disc? I bought mine during the first reprint and it was just blue. It's way too new looking to not be a reprint too.
Maybe he mixed up which one were reprints and which were first prints? Typically reprints are only one color discs and originals are full colored, though that's just an observation on the Nintendo Selects, Platinum Hits, etc... I've noticed in some cases.

BTW, Mine is full colored that I've owned for a while. Not sure which it is to be honest.

What does your case look like? Does it say Wii, Nintendo, nothing, or something else?

n yeah, haha, i remember feeling like a boss getting 30% off of $80 used marvel vs capcom 2 before I became a real cag. It was like 56 and now psn for 5 or 10 lol. that's life
Just thought Id chime in and mention that this has now been pulled from the PSN/XBOX marketplaces and will soon go up in value again

Back on Topic: This is still in stock as of this post. Looks like we got a reprint on our hands.

Just thought Id chime in and mention that this has now been pulled from the PSN/XBOX marketplaces and will soon go up in value again

Back on Topic: This is still in stock as of this post. Looks like we got a reprint on our hands.
It's been in and out of stock. Not sure why, but definitely looks like another reprint. If I remember, MPT and Xeno both were in and out of stock for the first few days after the reprint as well. Possibly due to them receiving shipments and going through them and adding them into the system?

Maybe he mixed up which one were reprints and which were first prints? Typically reprints are only one color discs and originals are full colored, though that's just an observation on the Nintendo Selects, Platinum Hits, etc... I've noticed in some cases.

BTW, Mine is full colored that I've owned for a while. Not sure which it is to be honest.

What does your case look like? Does it say Wii, Nintendo, nothing, or something else?
That's how it was for Rune Factory: Frontier. The reprinted disc was one color and the original was full color.

In this case the Dokapon original was one color, and the 1st reprint was full color.  Kind of seems backwards, but that is how it was.  Not sure about this reprint though. 

REPRINT VERSUS ORIGINAL

KiEMx0M.jpg
AeVMJjZ.jpg

Last time this was reprinted new stock started showing up on Amazon, though already based upon the reports of GS stores suddenly getting stock in, this seems a likely reprint regardless if Amazon gets any copies in.

You guys are wrong about the reprints being one color. The original Wii discs were one color. Reprints were two colors because at one point Nintendo required companies to have their disc templates as being full color.

Original = blue/white

Reprint = full color disc

Other reprints through the years include:

Rune Factory Frontier original = one color, reprint = full color

Harvest Moon: Magical Melody original = one color, reprint = full color

Nintendo Selects also have more colorful looking discs than the original prints, so I'm also not sure why one guy in here said that Nintendo Selects are less colorful. :wall:

REPRINT VERSUS ORIGINAL

KiEMx0M.jpg
AeVMJjZ.jpg
Right, but which is the original and which is the reprint?

Just curious is the top the reprint vs bottom original?

Weird, it's only listed as in-stock at two stores within 100 miles of me. I guess I just live in a quiet area?
I think there are still stores receiving stock. Will probably change in the next several days. Obviously, just a guess but I've noticed more stores showing stock then there were yesterday in my area.

Weird if the blue is original. It looks like ass. I picked up my copy at GS over a year ago and it was full color, were there reprints then too?

Weird if the blue is original. It looks like ass. I picked up my copy at GS over a year ago and it was full color, were there reprints then too?
There were reprints at least as far back as 2012.

Yea, Rozz is completely on point with everything.  I forget what month in 2012 (or maybe even if it was late 2011) but the reprints were flooded for quite a while. The last 6 months is what has seen the game dry up and start to rise to the $100-150+ level. 

My 2 cents on the reprints vs. collectors debate. Reprints are never bad for collectors as it gives them a better opportunity to add the game to their collection. Its only bad for flippers looking to profit off of collectors.

You guys are wrong about the reprints being one color. The original Wii discs were one color. Reprints were two colors because at one point Nintendo required companies to have their disc templates as being full color.

Original = blue/white

Reprint = full color disc

Other reprints through the years include:

Rune Factory Frontier original = one color, reprint = full color

Harvest Moon: Magical Melody original = one color, reprint = full color

Nintendo Selects also have more colorful looking discs than the original prints, so I'm also not sure why one guy in here said that Nintendo Selects are less colorful. :wall:
Original is the blue/white and reprint is color.
Probably me. I was thinking of the PS Greatest Hits. Thanks for the details as I find it pretty interesting.

Yea, Rozz is completely on point with everything. I forget what month in 2012 (or maybe even if it was late 2011) but the reprints were flooded for quite a while. The last 6 months is what has seen the game dry up and start to rise to the $100-150+ level.

My 2 cents on the reprints vs. collectors debate. Reprints are never bad for collectors as it gives them a better opportunity to add the game to their collection. Its only bad for flippers looking to profit off of collectors.
Yea, the prices have been climbing again recently. I'm a collector and I like having rare games and finding them regardless of the price. With any type of collecting it's nice when you have something that isn't easy to come by or is somewhat unique regardless of the price.

Also, what about the collectors that paid $100+ for it. Definitely bad for them, LMAO. I'd hope there are none of those on CAG though LOL

Oh it's an Atlus game, no wonder it's reprinted. :rofl:

The reprint looks significantly better though. At least they're not trying to pass them off as first run copies.
true but also how many average or casual gamers usually know the different anyhow from first run copies? gamestop knows that and take advantage of those that don't know lol

Seems to strange to reprint this game. The Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade seem like games that have much more demand than this.

Stopped at another store that had one today. Also disc only...

The discs were both full cover but I'm starting to wonder if this is a very cheap reprint with just the discs... I passed on buying another, this will probably bring prices down.

Stopped at another store that had one today. Also disc only...

The discs were both full cover but I'm starting to wonder if this is a very cheap reprint with just the discs... I passed on buying another, this will probably bring prices down.
Interesting info....Yea, I'm sure the prices will drop like Xenoblade and MPT depending on how many they reprinted.

Interesting info....Yea, I'm sure the prices will drop like Xenoblade and MPT depending on how many they reprinted.
If they're going in and out of stock, then the demand is either meeting the supply, they're cancelling some sketchy orders, and/or they're reprinting them on the fly so a price drop is doubtful at this point.

"Hey Zeke! We're out already, print up 1000 more."

"Duh, sure thing boss."

yea after checking it seem stores that are getting the game in is only getting disc Copies. Even on Twitter people who work at gamestop are making comments about the game coming in without cases and stuff. Which Make me think if that the case then all the ones through the website will be that way to.

yea after checking it seem stores that are getting the game in is only getting disc Copies. Even on Twitter people who work at gamestop are making comments about the game coming in without cases and stuff. Which Make me think if that the case then all the ones through the website will be that way to.
Thank goodness for SAVER, makes it so much easier to return if need be.

Thank goodness for SAVER, makes it so much easier to return if need be.
that could be why they aren't raising the price. They figure they aren't paying for the extra cases and manuals so they can still make a profit on the disc only at $24.99 lol that and plus they may think without any manual or case that people would be less likely to figure out it a reprint cause who would do a reprint without manuals and cases normally.

If they're going in and out of stock, then the demand is either meeting the supply, they're cancelling some sketchy orders, and/or they're reprinting them on the fly so a price drop is doubtful at this point.

"Hey Zeke! We're out already, print up 1000 more."

"Duh, sure thing boss."
I think you are missing what was meant by prices dropping. We were referring to the second hand market, which routinely get $100+ out of this game. Atleast before the reprint. It stands to reason less people will pay $100 for a game on ebay when Gamestop has it for $24.99 ;)

that could be why they aren't raising the price. They figure they aren't paying for the extra cases and manuals so they can still make a profit on the disc only at $24.99 lol that and plus they may think without any manual or case that people would be less likely to figure out it a reprint cause who would do a reprint without manuals and cases normally.
Was thinking the same, Seems likely if they are all disc only.

bread's done
Back