Dollar General $10 off $50 Gamestop gift cards 12\9 - 12\15

luminaria

CAGiversary!
Haven't posted a deal in a while so I thought it was time to give back and I didn't see this posted yet. This week's Dollar General flyer on the last page shows $5 off $30 and $10 off $50 gift cards shown. Specific cards are $25 Gamestop and Chili's, $20 Domino's, and variable amount Burger King and Olive Garden and associated restaurants. Valid 12-9 through 12\15.

if you're gonna try this id wait until the 3 day sale starts so they dont give you bs about thats why its not working.

It’s $5 off $25, which according to my math is a better deal than $5 of $30.
The deal is NOT $5 off of $25. The deal is $5 off of $30 or $10 off of $50 which is not a better deal than $10 off of $50. That is why the $25 gift cards do not ring up with any discount and there is no such thing as a $30 Game Stop gift card at Dollar General. It's B.S. and a lot of wasted time on many of our parts. A couple of posts mention waiting until the 3-day sale starts on 12/13, however the 3-day sale flyer on their website (at least for my zip code) does not mention anything about the gift cards. The one that shows it it is their weekly ad (12/9-12/15) on the last page.

As long as your store has the $25 gift cards (I’d call and ask), they should ring up for $20 as long as you do it one at a time. I went back to store 2 this morning and got another $100 worth for $80, doing separate transactions. Maybe the new deal wasnt in the system yet when people tried earlier in the day?
But it worked for me at two different stores.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to one next to house did the range one added 100 and he manually did a 20 dollar manufacturer coupon 😀 YMMV of course

ur a mow ron.
If it only works on a $25 card and you are only allowed one per transaction I could see this being a huge waste of time for many. Some cashiers could be dicks and say you got your 1 that is it.

Most of the time with these dollar places I only go now if I happen to be going by one anyway. Too many times I have wasted my time going there and they don't have the right GC that qualifies.

Same with this deal seems it is fairly fucked up. Not sure why these places can't get this right.

I might be by a Dollar General on Saturday. If so might give it a go. But I am not driving out of my way in hopes they have the right cards and will let me buy however many I want in separate transactions (if that is required to get this to work).

I have driven out of my way (10 - 15 mins) several times in the past for these deals and have come away with nothing. Not worth it to me.

Just got back. All they had was the up to $500 card. I tried it as 50 and they couldn't get the discount to apply. Needless to say they had no $25 or $50 cards to purchase so I left empty handed.

Lame, my local Dollar General didn't have any $25 Gamestop gift cards. 

The "informed" employee said there was supposed to be a correction sign and there wasn't any.

The real insult to injury is the $25 to $500 cards did work for me, the last time Dollar General had this kind of sale. 

Lame, my local Dollar General didn't have any $25 Gamestop gift cards.

The "informed" employee said there was supposed to be a correction sign and there wasn't any.

The real insult to injury is the $25 to $500 cards did work for me, the last time Dollar General had this kind of sale.
Yeah, I do believe last time I stocked up over here it was the same card. The up to $500. Because I remember asking the cashier to see if she could do 60 and see if it would stack the bonus. Unfortunately it didn't. So It ended up being like 10 transactions of 30.

Picked up two. Thanks for the heads up! May pick up more, if possible.

I did notice a correction sign last night at a couple of DGs stating that the deal is now 20% off gift cards shown on the new correction sign (basically a black and white printout). All gift cards have a specific price now. So if you can find a $25 gift card you'll get the $5 off. Used part of it on Gamestop's 3 for $15.

The 4 of the 5 I have tried either didn't have the single $25 or pulled all GC from the ad(other gc from the ad was empty also) I have one to try and then if I have to visit the next city over I have a few more to try.

I have an update - I went to another Dollar General near me to try to score the deal. The manager showed me the ad for this discount which is only part of the 3 day sale, which starts this Thursday 12/13-12/15. The flyer he showed me in the store had the promo on the back page, but it was attached as part of the 3 DAY SALE flyer. Inside of the 3 day sale flyer was the standard weekly flyer, which is completely confusing. This is different than what the online flyer is showing (which shows the Game Stop cards as part of the weekly sale flyer), but it gives me hope that it will work on Thursday when he told me to come back and he would honor it. I'm not sure how anyone was able to get the $25 cards to scan for $20, but maybe each region is different (I'm in the northeast). This store also had no ad correction printout nor heard of anything in regards to these gift cards. A PS4 Pro might actually be in my future after all. Will give you all an update on Thursday.

Anyone with this deal near them want to get $150 worth of gamestop gc for me? I'll pay a little for your time

Went in, found the $25 cards hiding behind the variable ones, grabbed 4, did 4 separate transactions $20,$20,$20,$20 done.

Tried it grouped as well and it only took $5 off two cards. Rang up automatically at the $20 price once subtotalled.

So, are we for certain that $10 off of $50 starts Thursday? Or are $25 cards the only way to take advantage of this deal?

3 DGs near me and as far back as Sunday (the 9th) none of them had ANY GS cards.
I didn't even see a slot for them on the spin rack.

I went to the 4 closest Dollar Generals on Monday. None of them had any $25 Gamestop cards. One of them didn't appear to have any gift cards even though I've definitely purchased PSN cards there in the past.

What a clusterfuck. Went to two DGs today. The first one still had the original signage up, so I thought I'd try for $10 off $50. The waste of life behind the counter told me they would only accept cash for gift cards, so I left without even trying the transaction. Next store, they only had variables, and a manager had to override the $5 off of a $25 card. Took me a few minutes to get him to comprehend what his own ad correction stated, and he tried the other cards pictured, which worked, and then said it won't work because they are variable (which is fair, because the ad states as much), and that he shouldn't have given me the one I got. But if no fucking store has them in stock, then how the hell can you take advantage of the sale?

What a waste of time and energy.

The store next to my job only has the variable amount cards although there are loads of them. Thank you to all the sacrificial lambs who kept me from wasting my time.

Walked into my nearest DG, found a bunch of the $25 cards. Grabbed one, rang up $20, in and out with an easy $5 off. Thanks OP.

Went to one DG today, and even though it took a bit of time, managed to get $100 of gift cards for $80. The cashier went out of her way to find the specific $25 cards for me and patiently rung up each card up individually so I got the full discount. Picked up Super Mario Party as a gift and have some money left over. (Also tried to get Tetris Effect since its at an appropriate price of $20 but no Gamestops in my vicinity had any in stock.)

The current ad also doesn't state a maximum purchase at all, so if anyone has trouble with that consult the ad itself.

This is dead. Ateast in my area. $5 off $30 spent and apparently you have to purchase more than one card for the deduction to occur.

I just bought 2 more $25 GS cards tonight. Here was my adventure afterwards: went to GameStop, used a random $5 off cert on my account the guy said I had, bought a $50 PSN card, got in my car messed up the last 4 of the scratch off by peeling it like an idiot. Panicked, drove home and sat on the toilet, identified the first and last digit of the four. Then noticed the ripped sticker had a trace of a letter, identified the 2nd letter. Finally noticed a faint outline on the sticker of a letter. Tested it and it worked. Happily I bought my 6 games on PSN and wrapped up that toilet session.

Tl;dr $25 GS still work @DG, you can redeem at GS for game cards from services, I messed up my scratch off but managed to redeem my $50 PSN card ($35 out of pocket). #Relieved

When does the 20% off $25 deal this Saturday or before? I seen corrected signage in the store but cant remember what it said.

Finally found the $25 cards. It was where I use to live and they had a massive stack hiding behind. Got two and need to get two more.

I finally struck gold! The manager at a local DG gave me 20% off variable cards by overriding the system, so I picked up $900 worth for $720. I then went to tax free NH and picked up x2 PS4 Pros (x1 for me and x1 for the kids) and $100 in PS Network cards for Xmas gifts to equal $900 in the gift cards I just bought). I will sell the RDR 2 games each on Craiglist for $40 each which will bring the total down to $640. I have a 1st generation PS4 which I'll sell on Craiglist as well, likely for around $160 so all said, it should cost me $400 ($480 minus the $100 gift cards + $20 gas) to upgrade to x2 PS4 Pros from x1 regular PS4 Fat - not bad but took me a lot of time to do this (probably close to 4 hours).

Sunday - Drove to Lowell, MA (30 min) to DG - no cards

Sunday - Continued driving to Nashua, NH (20 min) to DG - would not honor variable cards after back and forth with management (another 30+ min in the store plus 40 min drive home)

Tuesday - Drove to DG in MA (leaving out city so manager doesn't get into possible trouble) - on my way to work (spent 15 min there talking to staff). Manager said come back Thursday when the 3 Day Sale starts.

Thursday (today) - Drove back to DG in MA on my way to work and spent 15 min there. Manager honored what he said he would do on Tuesday.

Thursday (today) - Drove back to Nashua NH (40 min) to GameStop to not pay sales tax ($50 saved by doing that) plus another 30+ min walking into the mall to purchase

[attachment=31480:20181213_211021.jpg]

I finally struck gold! The manager at a local DG gave me 20% off variable cards by overriding the system, so I picked up $900 worth for $720. I then went to tax free NH and picked up x2 PS4 Pros (x1 for me and x1 for the kids) and $100 in PS Network cards for Xmas gifts to equal $900 in the gift cards I just bought). I will sell the RDR 2 games each on Craiglist for $40 each which will bring the total down to $640. I have a 1st generation PS4 which I'll sell on Craiglist as well, likely for around $160 so all said, it should cost me $400 ($480 minus the $100 gift cards + $20 gas) to upgrade to x2 PS4 Pros from x1 regular PS4 Fat - not bad but took me a lot of time to do this (probably close to 4 hours).

Sunday - Drove to Lowell, MA (30 min) to DG - no cards

Sunday - Continued driving to Nashua, NH (20 min) to DG - would not honor variable cards after back and forth with management (another 30+ min in the store plus 40 min drive home)

Tuesday - Drove to DG in MA (leaving out city so manager doesn't get into possible trouble) - on my way to work (spent 15 min there talking to staff). Manager said come back Thursday when the 3 Day Sale starts.

Thursday (today) - Drove back to DG in MA on my way to work and spent 15 min there. Manager honored what he said he would do on Tuesday.

Thursday (today) - Drove back to Nashua NH (40 min) to GameStop to not pay sales tax ($50 saved by doing that) plus another 30+ min walking into the mall to purchase

attachicon.gif
20181213_211021.jpg
For the kids.... first name Ebay by chance?

Big Snapp Daddy - lol, no eBay. I have two children and I'll likely give them each a $25 Playstation Network card and then save the others for their birthdays.

So I just went up to the register with 4 $25 GS cards and got told that there were to be no discount on the cards. The "district manager" told her that. Definitely taking that with a grain of salt.

On a whim, I went to the DG in the shopping center next to my job just now, walked one of the variable amount cards over to the counter, showed the cashier the ad, and she let me buy the card with the $30 amount on it for $25 without an override since she couldn't figure out how to do it. She gave me $5 in change after taking my $30 in cash, but she kept the receipt and my ad as proof of why her register drawer will be $5 short. I did see the activation on the receipt, so no bigs on getting the receipt.

I did what I usually do when I am unsure of whether a deal will legitimately work - I shut my mouth and maintained my composure. Above all, I was very polite throughout the entire transaction.

bread's done
Back