Dollar General $6 Blu-Ray Gift-Sets and Steelbooks

maxpower0965

CAGiversary!
Feedback
136 (99%)
I went to dollar general to buy some Laundry Detergent and I saw $6 blu-Ray gift sets and Steelbooks for $6 each. I didn't have time to look through the Steelbooks but the only one I noticed was the Resident Evil Degeneration Steelbook.

I did buy these though

image_zps02ffbe7a.jpg

If anyone nabs an extra Spidey set and is willing to part with just the bluray pack (you can keep the figures), let me know!

My car crapped out on me, so I'll be unable to check the stores in my area for a little while.

Went to or called every DG in my area to only find one handcock set. I already own handcock and didnt see the value in a second one or a remote for $6. Found a lot of steels at one store. Resident evils apocalypse extinctiom degeneration, jaiden Smith karate kid, battle los Angeles.

Picked up a steel of amazing spiderman though. Didnt see till I got home and opened it there is a small dent at the top. Kind of shattered my OCD world for marvel movie collection. Already got it on blu but I like the steel, it has a 3d copy blu and blu special features and dvd im it so after selling the UV for $3 that came with it as well it is well worth it.

Checked out four Dollar General stores before I found 2 of the Hancock/PS3 Remote Gift Sets and 1 of the Spiderman Gift Sets.  They were sitting on a high shelf behind the counter.

My local DG had one copy each of B:LA and MIB3. Also had two copies of the Hancock bundles.

I thought it was interesting the the Steelbooks looked repackaged. They were missing their J cards (probably to eliminate the store exclusive verbiage).

Picked up resident evil apocalypse & extinction both SB and the Karate Kid New one SB also check your receipts for $5 off $25 purchase

Last edited:
From a few of the stores Ive checked, it appears the workers have bought the better ones. Most of what Ive been finding are the Hancock ps3 remote sets.

The only store I got a spidey set and steelbooks are from the one that hadnt even opened the fed ex package yet to put them out.

Picked up a few for Christmas presents and of course, one of each for my self. Awesome and cheap presents! 
DG I went too was stocked with both. 

any pictures
Here you go (these are all unopened). The ones on the left and right are from DG. The middle MIB3 copy is my original one from BB. As you can see, the j-card is missing along with the other stickers. In fact, the only way to tell it's a BD is to look for the symbol on the spine.

gallery_97550_7263_15024.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So many Dollar Generals around here...I'll have to check a few for the Spidey set.  I don't have that blu yet.

Thanks for this... Was gonna post a picture of my find but not sure how to post pictures on site.  Any Help!!??

$56.78

Men In Black Trilogy Gift Set

Amazing Spiderman 3d/blu/dvd gift set

Hancock Gift Set

Steelbooks

Resident Evil 1

Resident Evil  2

Resident Evil  3

Cartoon Resident Evil

Battle: LA

Men in Black 3 

Had to ask they had a box in the back with all this in it... They had 1 copy of each one so yea I bought them out!!!

Thanks for this... Was gonna post a picture of my find but not sure how to post pictures on site. Any Help!!??

$56.78

Men In Black Trilogy Gift Set
Amazing Spiderman 3d/blu/dvd gift set
Hancock Gift Set

Steelbooks

Resident Evil 1
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Cartoon Resident Evil
Battle: LA
Men in Black 3

Had to ask they had a box in the back with all this in it... They had 1 copy of each one so yea I bought them out!!!
Nice! I'm still looking for the MIB gift set and the Resident Evil Steelbooks. I guess next time I'll have to ask if they have any in the back.

Thanks for this... Was gonna post a picture of my find but not sure how to post pictures on site. Any Help!!??
There might be an easier way, but I do this:

1. Go to My Profile (use the drop-down in the upper right corner of the site)
  2. Click on Gallery on the left
  3. Click on an Album (I have one called 'Icons' but have no idea how to create others)
  4. Click on the Upload button
  5. Choose file
  6. Click on Upload
  7. Click on Review & Publish
  8. When creating a comment, copy and paste the URL from that saved image using the 'Insert Image' button in the Reply toolbar

As of others have psoted if anyone finds a Spiderman Set (Just blu ray not figures) or Steelbook, and is willing to part with it for cost + shipping please let me know.

I am only missing the first resident evil movie steelbook

Last edited:
Got 2 Hancocks, might consider swapping one of the remotes for a copy of Spidey (preferably steelbook)....

AT my store all the set boxes were behind the counter up top. When I asked they guy was like oh yeah some guy walked in 2 hours ago and cleared us out of spiderman.....

there was a MIB3, and Battle LA Steelbook only.

Thanks to the OP for this deal.  I was in there twice this week but never bothered to look at their DVDs.  Mine had the MIB set sitting right in front on the discount table, surprised no one found that one.  The Hancock was sitting behind the counter on the floor shelf, really hard to find unless you knew what to look for.  The steel cases were in back with all the rest of the normal DVDs across from the coloring books and such, but on the highest shelf and the dull MIB 3 steel case in front, so there was no way anyone could notice those by walking by.  You've have to specifically know what you are looking for to find them.  I didn't get those as I honestly don't care that much for RE films.  No Spider-man set anywhere unless it was really hidden well.  I was hoping for the Hotel Transylvania but I have a feeling none of those actually got shipped out.  Nice upgrade on my MIB DVDs (although I think they may have the same extras?) and I have never seen Hancock before, the "free" remote totally sold me on it.  

Went looking at my two closest stores, neither of which I even knew existed.  Struck out on both - no steelbooks, no Hancock/PS3 remote or Spidey bundles.  I did pick up some really cheap wrapping paper for gifts so the trip wouldn't be a complete waste.

These were the stores in Carol Stream/Bloomingdale area.  Anyone else in the vicinity find them?  I'm really looking for the PS3 remote mainly, but might pick up the Spidey set just because if I could find it.

Stopped at two yesterday and got MIB and Battle LA steelbooks at the first.  The second store had the same and one of each.  Didn't see any spiderman bundles, which I may have missed them.  Might go back and check once im in town later.

Went to two Dollar General stores in my area, neither show up on the sites store search.

Pretty much took the only $6 steel/gift sets that both stores had.

I was hoping to also find RE 1, Mib3 and Spidey steels.

First one only had steel books of RE:Degeneration and Battle:LA

Second, only had a Hancock Bluray giftset shelved high behind the counter.

Asked both about if they possibly had more steels/giftsets. Nope.

I give up on these.

Went to three more stores today. Nobody had seen them at all and I didn't find them in store.

No luck finding the MIB gift set. Willing to trade the MIB3 Steelbook I found (or the Hancock gift set) for the movies from the MIB gift set (not interested in the figurine).

I went to two dollar generals. They didn't have anything and the workers never even saw any of these sets or steel books. Ughhhhh.

Dawg Pound said:
Stopped at two yesterday and got MIB and Battle LA steelbooks at the first. The second store had the same and one of each. Didn't see any spiderman bundles, which I may have missed them. Might go back and check once im in town later.
Cleveland area? What was the 2nd store that still had stock? I'm a westsider and checked N.Olmsted and a few of the Parma stores that are all within about a 3 mile radius. They didn't have any that I saw and the employees I asked didn't know anything about the movies. Did find a Hancock bundle in New London while on business.

Went to another DG I never been to before and I got all the RE steels and the spider-man steel. I left the MIB, Battle LA and starship troopers steel. Still can't find the MIB gift set.

I'll probably go to another DG tomorrow, in hope of finding the MIB gift set.

I went to a DG and picked up the last RE SB i needed I wish they had the afterlife SB and they had extra ones I have so I didn't pick up

I went to a DG and picked up the last RE SB i needed I wish they had the afterlife SB and they had extra ones I have so I didn't pick up
I could be mistaken but i dont believe Afterlife has been showing up at DG,i think its just the first 3 movies plus Degeneration.I'd like to get Afterlife as well though.

I went to my local DG store on Friday after reading some suggestions in this thread.  This time I had a copy of their ad in hand and asked the front checkout woman if they had any of them/if she knew anything about the sale.  She was completely clueless, and I didn't see any of them in another walk through the store.  Bummer, I was really hoping to score that Spider-Man figure for cheap... :(

If anyone here can get me a Spider-Man set (new) I'll Paypal $16 for one. PM me and we can work it out as I've tried every DG in the immediate tri-state area here and none of them have it.

I could be mistaken but i dont believe Afterlife has been showing up at DG,i think its just the first 3 movies plus Degeneration.I'd like to get Afterlife as well though.
That's why I put I wish they did had it

Anyone having issues with their PS3 Remote I put in fresh batteries no luck......
Go under the Accessory Settings on your PS3 and there should be an option that says "Register BD Remote Control". Follow the on-screen instructions and it should work, if it doesn't I suppose you have a dud?

Go under the Accessory Settings on your PS3 and there should be an option that says "Register BD Remote Control". Follow the on-screen instructions and it should work, if it doesn't I suppose you have a dud?
Well I feel dumb. Thanks for the info, I haven't registered anything to PS3 in ages, I just assumed it would detect the remote. Got it working thank you refluxx!

Why must all the dollar generals in my area suck?  Out of 11 stores i've only found 1 that has dvds period....grrr i was really wanting the spider man set too. dammit

Out of 15 DG's hit, I was able to snag 2 MIB sets, 4 Ps3 remotes with Hancock, and 1 spiderman set.

Talked to a worker at one that said he grabbed the 2 spiderman sets they got and was hoping for the hanock ps3 remote set. Traded him 2 of my 4 hanock/remotes for his 2 spiderman sets.

Only steelbook I snagged was spiderman because the others were either dinged or discs were loose and I didnt wanna chance it.

Most of the ones Ive found, were either on the table with the xmas gifts set up etc or behind a counter. 

I even found a MIB set on top of the drink coolers. 

Have an extra Spider-Man 3D Combo Pack from the set with the figures looking to trade for the M.I.B. movie set. I only have the movie not the figures and I am only looking for the same back.

Didn't see this until now...unfortunately there are no Dollar General stores around me

If anyone has extra MIB/3 or Spideys sets or steelbooks I'd be willing to trade some games for em.  Just shoot me a pm, thanks!

bread's done
Back