Dollar General $6 Blu-Ray Gift-Sets and Steelbooks

maxpower0965

CAGiversary!
Feedback
136 (99%)
I went to dollar general to buy some Laundry Detergent and I saw $6 blu-Ray gift sets and Steelbooks for $6 each. I didn't have time to look through the Steelbooks but the only one I noticed was the Resident Evil Degeneration Steelbook.

I did buy these though

image_zps02ffbe7a.jpg

I just want a new controller for my PS3 as mine has the back missing for about 4 years now. Would love to snag one of those sets just for the remote..already have the movie.

have a Dollar General about a mile away, will have to check it out tomorrow...and then another 4 stores throughout the county, 3 within a 5 mile radius of each other, may check those on my lunch break tomorrow, and the closest one on the way home tomorrow.

Well after being jealous about everyone snagging the good stuff, and trying to no avail on black friday, i decided to take a chance and look again at my local dollar general. To my surprise they had spiderman, mib trilogy, and hancock with remote behind the counter. Bought all three, which they only had one of each. The cashier said they just got them in. Score!

Anyone willing to part with the Spider-Man set?  I'm mainly interested in the Spidey figure, but I'll take the entire set if that's what you want.  PM me!

I tried once more at one of the Dollar Generals I initially checked. They had 3 copies of Hancock, the lady said everything else had sold. Luckily, I was only really looking for Hancock for the PS3 remote.

So for those who had no luck initially, it's worth calling or checking again.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anybody just wants to swap movies I have a Spiderman 3D Blu-ray from the figure set and I am looking for the MIB Trilogy Blu-ray.

My store had Battle Los Angeles and Resident Evil steelbooks, and a Hancock set. I bought the Battle LA, and I know at least Resident Evil 1, 2 and Degeneration are there (I already have all the RE movies so I didn't really dig). The case for Battle LA has a little dent, but I'll not miss sleep over it.

It helps to keep checking back if they showed no signs of having anything.

When the ad hit, there were "winter storms" slowing down the trucks getting the stuff out.

Some got it fed ex'd in, some got it by trucks.

I went to a couple of stores that didnt have any of this last week and they showed signs they eventually did.

R5W4CMP.jpg
Scored all at my local store. No RE Blus but I already own them anyway. Also, the PS3 remote is the 1st gen one. Will likely be giving that to a friend though.

best part about the mib set, is amazon had it as a lightning deal today for 22.99....makes me even more stoked I found a couple. One to keep and another as a gift. I picked up a couple of steelbooks, battle los angelese and re: degeneration. I already own the other RE titles, so I passed.

I have one more dollar general to check tonight. Hoping to find a hancock set. Thanks for this thread. it has been neyond helpful.

Are the steelbooks/limited editions by the other DVDs or are they in a different area?
I found the steelbooks mixed in with the dvds and the hancock set near the registers on top of the refrigerators. My Dollar General is a chaotic mess though.

Steels were mixed with the DVDs and Blu-rays on the movie shelf. Hancock was on an endcap with the Atari Flashback (with 79 built in games!!~) and knock off Sega Master Systems and Nomads (also with built in games). Wouldn't those things be considered.. y'know, illegal?

Steels were mixed with the DVDs and Blu-rays on the movie shelf. Hancock was on an endcap with the Atari Flashback (with 79 built in games!!~) and knock off Sega Master Systems and Nomads (also with built in games). Wouldn't those things be considered.. y'know, illegal?
I believe copyright expires on old video game hardware so then it's legal to remake old video game hardware and sell it. However, using the Sega logo and putting on Sonic ROMS means it's likely a Sega licensed product.

Went back to the same dollar general I originally looked, searched all over, and no such luck, was waking out the door and the cashier was like, "couldn't find what you were looking for?" I said that I was looking for the ps3 remote/bluray disc set, and she walked right to it, 7' up, tucked away on a random shelf.

I found one copy of each of the steelbooks and sets while on Thanksgiving vacation in Texas (near Abilene).  The steelbooks were mixed in with the other DVDs (completely unorganized) and the sets were on the top shelf near the front of the store. 

I believe copyright expires on old video game hardware so then it's legal to remake old video game hardware and sell it. However, using the Sega logo and putting on Sonic ROMS means it's likely a Sega licensed product.
I don't think that's the case since Nintendo still goes hard after anyone doing anything FAMICOM/NES related. More than likely it's one of those things where it's just not worth the time and money to try and shut down most of it when they'll just keep shipping it over here anyway.

Stopped in a store today, looked around for a bit, was about to leave when I saw the Hancock pack out of the corner of my eye. I grabbed it, was the only one I saw.

The cashier clearly didn't know about it because I could tell he would've snagged it. Asked where I got it from.

Mainly got it for the PS3 remote. Is it worth the 6 bucks? Someone said it was the 1st gen one above, is that bad?

I don't think that's the case since Nintendo still goes hard after anyone doing anything FAMICOM/NES related. More than likely it's one of those things where it's just not worth the time and money to try and shut down most of it when they'll just keep shipping it over here anyway.
Really? Because Hyperkin has been profiting off of the Retron systems with an NES slot for years.

Stopped in a store today, looked around for a bit, was about to leave when I saw the Hancock pack out of the corner of my eye. I grabbed it, was the only one I saw.

The cashier clearly didn't know about it because I could tell he would've snagged it. Asked where I got it from.

Mainly got it for the PS3 remote. Is it worth the 6 bucks? Someone said it was the 1st gen one above, is that bad?
The difference between this remote and the newest remote (I just used the term "gen" out of habit) is that the newest remotes double as a universal TV remote. The original remote with Hancock only works the PS3's media features.

Found 2 more mib sets at stores I previously hit that had none. Still worth looking.

Have 4 spidey 3d blu sets with statues ft.

Interested in Handcock too if its the one with Will Smith wearing a beanie on the cover.  Willing to trade a Amazing Spiderman steel, Dark Knight steel or work something else out (if you know what I mean ;) rowr) 

Interested in Handcock too if its the one with Will Smith wearing a beanie on the cover. Willing to trade a Amazing Spiderman steel, Dark Knight steel or work something else out (if you know what I mean ;) rowr)
Last week, I saw my dollar general still had the Hancock set. ;)

Please PM me if you're willing to part with the Spidey statue from the Amazing Spider-Man set.  I'll can pay you through PayPal.

So I ran to my DG yesterday when I saw people were saying they restocked. Unfortunately they had them but sold out all. Apparently they get their shipments on Weds, but that sadly is too early for me to run out there.

I have been hunting for the spidey sets either the steelbook or the statue set I literally just want the movie for that cost. I still have one of the Hancock sets sitting here, but the cost of shipping both the remote and the hancock blu just is not worth it seeing as I paid for the set as well. Ah well.

I'm shocked people are still finding the box sets at these stores. Mine were gone almost the same day they were put out.,
Only speaking for the stores in the central Tx area, the ones that never go them when the ad hit, said it was because of the cold storms etc that they werent getting their trucks on time etc but the stores where I found them said they came in via fed ex. There were more stores that said they got them and the workers stashed so they could buy them than actual stores that had any.

After going back by a few stores that didnt have anything, I found they did so some shipments are still coming in or restocking.

Strike out at two stores. Store 1 had only dvd. The 2nd store had dvd and blu ray, but blu ray were $10.

They said those sets were sold around the holiday. YMMV.

Be sure to check your Dollar Generals one more time!  I just got back from my local one an hour ago on a whim...and they had 1 gift set of The Amazing Spider Man in 3D Blu!  Was complete with 2 statues but the outer box was beat up some.  But for $6?  I'm game. 

Lucky, lucky, lucky I stopped on my way home.

Anyone that can find spiderman 3d, battle for la steelbook, and resident evil steelbooks pm me.

I dont want all that stuff from spiderman. Just the steelbook with the movies

Only thing left at my closest store is RE Degeneration. They haven't restocked any Blu-ray movies since the first shipment they got, even the $5 preowned movies in the little envelopes.

Yesterday I hit a DG in Houston that I had never checked and stashed by the register was another Spidey 3d set.

Still worth looking for them folks!

I'm heading out to my neighborhood DG in hopes of finding anything. I haven't been in that store in a long time. If I don't find anything there, there are a couple more local ones I can check. I'd love to score Hancock + the PS3 remote and any steelbooks.

I still have a Hancock PS3 Set sitting here sealed, hoping someone will want to swap for Spiderman Steelbook or normal 3D copy -statues! I will try my DG again soon, but I have little hope.

I grabbed the MIB3, Resident Evil, and RE2 steels for $6 each. They also had RE: Extinction, but it sounded damaged on the inside so I left it.

Where are these normally located at in store? I have like 5 DGs within about 20 minutes in my area.
Just depends really

Some keep all their stuff like that behind the counter.

I found the Hancock set in a bin near the counter, and the steelbooks could probably be with the movie shelf

bread's done
Back