Don Cheadle to replace Terrance Howard in Iron Man 2.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I don't care for recasts, but this sounds like it was Howard's fault IMO. I could have sworn they said they had signed all the cast to a three picture deal before the first movie was released anyway? It wouldn't make sense to do a deal for each actor on a picture by picture basis.[/QUOTE]

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ironmannews.php?id=7776&offset=0

Sounds like it was Howard's fault -- apparently difficult to work with.

Plus, he was the highest paid actor on the movie? That's insane.

I think Cheadle is a great actor and will do a good job guess we will see...

[quote name='GuilewasNK']That's ridiculous. No way anyone should get more than Downey Jr. in that movie. Good riddance to Howard. Don Cheadle should be awesome in the role.[/quote]

yeah someone wouldn't think that they could trump Downey... but it's been reported... now it just depends on if it's a huge difference...

I'd think after the performance, and the money earned that Downey would be pulling in the highest salary in the film.

Cheadle will do better job, and I didn't think Howard was a perfect match, too soft.

Howard was better only in that if a guy is in a suit for the movie he'd need a cool voice.

Idris Elba from The Wire would have been a cool choice. Cheadle doesn't fit.

[quote name='Poor2More']Black? Deep Voice? Older?

Here is the answer

Tony Todd aka "Candyman"

thats perfect[/quote]

hes too tall and too old. a great actor though no the best man for the job is Eamonn Walker aka Kareem Saied from Oz. he was bad ass in Tears of the Sun too.

Don Cheadle is a great actor but physically very wrong for the part. In fact, many of his past roles depended on his lack of an imposing nature.

It needs to be somebody who can carry off former marine but not a huge thug. He cannot be much bigger (or appear so) than whoever plays Stark, since for the continuity he needs to be able to wear the same armor easily before the War Machine suit is made just for him. Of course, that assumes long term consistency with the source material but that more my reference point for Rhodey than the first movie. On that basis and the most recent appearances, the actor has to be OK with having much of his body replaced with prosthetics.

What?! Howard got paid more than Paltrow and Downey?! He had a bit more screen time than that SHIELD agent.
I'm actually kinda pleased that they recast Rhodes. But Cheadle? He's cool, but I can't imagine him as War Machine. Allstate guy? Just maybe... Heck why not use the guy who played Urkel?

I don't think it's fair to gang up on Howard just because he was paid more money - that's the producers fault. And let's not forget that Downey's work record before this was a bit, shall we say, shaky - you can bet that factored into his salary.

What did you guys want Howard to do - give the money back because they cut down his role? I mean, if they made an agreement to pay me more then Downey to play a robot butler you better believe I would keep it. Now - if he was difficult on set or unwilling to negotiate on salary for the sequel that's a different story...

bread's done
Back