Donate $1 to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital at Gamestop and get 10% Bonus Trade-In credit on PS4 and XB1 Games

I went to renew my PURP today, and the guy forced the card reader past the donation page. I'd have done it, but I didn't feel like making a fuss over 500 points (if the triple even applies to the renewal).

Honestly, today was the first time they posted the St Jude thing on their site. Even the wording is vague, I wouldn't be surprised if the triple points don't work until after today

I'll donate my dollar to Taco Bell instead and in exchange get diarrhea.
That reminds me of the time they wanted a dollar for some kids and I was like "no thanks" and they were like "we'll give you free cinnamon twists if you do" so I obviously did.

Now that I think about it, I feel like I paid for those cinnamon twists. I was bamboozled!

Last edited by a moderator:
That reminds me of the time they wanted a dollar for some kids and I was like "no thanks" and they were like "we'll give you free cinnamon twists if you do" so I obviously did.

Now that I think about it, I feel like I paid for those cinnamon twists. I was bamboozled!
I got a coupon for a free taco. I donated a $1 and got a $1.19 taco for free.

I did it an never used the coupon for the free taco, haha.

Man, I want Taco Bell, but man, I don't want to drive 10 minutes each way to Taco Bell.

Oh poor thing. C'mere you.

Honestly, today was the first time they posted the St Jude thing on their site. Even the wording is vague, I wouldn't be surprised if the triple points don't work until after today
Shifty money grubbing dying kids! They won't be satisfied unless everyone suffers with them!

Traded in my Xbox One toward the Elite console tonight, and they said that the donation triple points offer started today. I donated $1, so we'll see in a few days if I get the bonus points.

looks like it started today...go get your refund, son!!!!!!!!!!!
Damn I'm going to have to go return my stuff too. My GS guys never know anything. They never once mentioned this.

I traded my Xbox One and a copy of halo. Then I purchased an Xbox one elite console.

I also traded in a PS4 yesterday and was never told about this either. Bastards.

[quote name="Liquid Metal" post="13004965" timestamp="1446594318"]So I am curious if anyone has gotten the triple. Traded in a system last night but its not reflected on my points. Anyone call them?[/quote]

Traded in my Xbox One toward the Elite console tonight, and they said that the donation triple points offer started today. I donated $1, so we'll see in a few days if I get the bonus points.
Games only, consoles are not eligible for the bonus.

[quote name="xplocvo" post="13005342" timestamp="1446607477"]The triple points is supposed to apply to everything, 10% bonus is just XB1/PS4 games. Allegedly. It sounds like nobody really knows for sure yet.[/quote]
Good point, I only had the bonus TIV in mind when I said that.

Going to ask again, do we know if the triple points applies to the same transaction you make a donation or does the donation give you a coupon for future use?  Planning to trade an Xbone in this week.

Going to ask again, do we know if the triple points applies to the same transaction you make a donation or does the donation give you a coupon for future use? Planning to trade an Xbone in this week.
I did not get any coupon printed on my receipt. My points from last night actually showed up in my account this morning, but it doesn't look like they are tripled. I got a total of 10,511 points, but I'm not sure how that was calculated. I thought it was 20 points per dollar for the console trade-in (20 x $250 = 5000) and 10 points per dollar spent on new consoles (10 x $261 = 2610). So I definitely got more than expected, but not triple either of the values. So... not sure what's going on with this promo.

would also like to know how the 3x points works.  I still haven't picked up hyrule 3ds yet and don't have plans on buying/trading anything else.

I did not get any coupon printed on my receipt. My points from last night actually showed up in my account this morning, but it doesn't look like they are tripled. I got a total of 10,511 points, but I'm not sure how that was calculated. I thought it was 20 points per dollar for the console trade-in (20 x $250 = 5000) and 10 points per dollar spent on new consoles (10 x $261 = 2610). So I definitely got more than expected, but not triple either of the values. So... not sure what's going on with this promo.
Thanks, that helps. I might add my 3DS XL to the trade pile for this too.

return/rebuy for the 3x points? I don't think there will be a sale for the Hyrule edition.
Well first, I really wanted the New Nintendo 3ds xl, the Hyrule one kind of made me pull the trigger since all these special edition consoles sell out in my area. Now that I have it, I'm not sure if its really what I want with black Friday around the corner. So I have it unopened just in case.

I'm hoping they run some kind of bundle for the new nintendo 3ds, if I have to ditch the Hyrule edition I will. I'm also building credit with gamestop so I may even just return it and pick up a xbone if I have enough come BF.

Options, got to keep my options. Plus potential 3x points for the rebuy. I got 20k points right now so that'd be nice to build up more too

Last edited by a moderator:
Figure I'll trade in my MGSV now for 35 and buy it back when it's 29.99 on Black Friday. Need confirmation about triple points though.

Unfortunately the triple points is only on the amount that you donate, not your entire purchase. Also the trade bonus is only for donating at time of trade, does not print out like prior years.

yes, I can confirm.  You get a 10% bump on ps4/xbone games only, not anything else.  You don't have to say anything to the clerk, after they scan your games for trade in before you do the confirm screen you are asked on the POS screen if you want to donate $1, $5, or $10 to St Judes.  If you do it the receipt gets an automatic 10% bonus bump for all ps4/xbone games, in addition to 10% PUR Pro.  

I traded in today Halo 5 and a 3DS and PS3 game and neither got the bump, but Halo 5 did with a $1 donation.  No problems buying $400 in eBay GCs either.

Unfortunately the triple points is only on the amount that you donate, not your entire purchase. Also the trade bonus is only for donating at time of trade, does not print out like prior years.
That doesn't really make sense them having a big sign on the register advertising 3x points and it only applying to the amount of donation.

shark-attack-3-o.gif

What's even the point in donating if you don't get something of greater value in return?

When does this end?
I am still getting prompts to donate, but I didn't get the bonus with the last donation I gave (Over the weekend)

Did you get a %10 bump? The points come like a week later. I got a shocking....... 22 points
I don't think I've gotten any points or bonus yet and I've been checking.
I bought a 50item last night with Jude's and its showing I earned 500 today.

I also did get any bonus on my trade in.
Gamestop why you gotta be so Gamestop!

bread's done
Back