Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D + Super Mario Bros The Lost Levels $35 via BB

finsfan0210

CAGiversary!
Feedback
199 (100%)
If you preorder :3ds:Donkey Kong Country Returns for $34.99 at Bestbuy.com you get a download code for Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels. Seems like this is only gonna be for preorders. The game launches on May 24th.

EDIT: It is in the 5/26 Sunday BB Ad and it states that you receive The Lost Levels with purchase so there is no need to preorder. If you wait til Sunday you can pricematch Kmart's $29.99 price and also receive the The Lost Levels with your purchase.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Donkey+Kong+Country+Returns+3D

Kmart Ad 5/26

Best Buy Ad 5/26

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='plus1zero']Huh...for some reason I emailed them about not getting a code and they sent me a download for fire emblem instead lol. I'm actually selling off my 3DS and all that stuff now so I need to sell that code for cheap.[/QUOTE]

o_O

I also own the Wii version. I never got around to playing it so I figured I would get the portable version since I am more likely to play it there.

I got mine PM and lost levels printed on the receipt. A email arrived shortly after.

Made sure to bring the paper ad when I got to the cashier. They told me it doesn't automatically apply and they actually have to push a button to get it to print onto the receipt. PM'd K-Mart with no problems.

[quote name='plus1zero']Huh...for some reason I emailed them about not getting a code and they sent me a download for fire emblem instead lol. I'm actually selling off my 3DS and all that stuff now so I need to sell that code for cheap.[/QUOTE]

What is the Fire Emblem download code for? If it's something you can't buy in the e-shop, I might be interested in buying it if you are selling it. Although, I'm pretty sure it's the free Marth - Champion of Yore 1 DLC that Nintendo was giving away for free the first week the game came out.

I plan on purchasing this game for both me and my brother (we share cartridges). Is there anyway to get two codes for Lost Levels?

[quote name='Namerson']Made sure to bring the paper ad when I got to the cashier. They told me it doesn't automatically apply and they actually have to push a button to get it to print onto the receipt. PM'd K-Mart with no problems.

What is the Fire Emblem download code for? If it's something you can't buy in the e-shop, I might be interested in buying it if you are selling it. Although, I'm pretty sure it's the free Marth - Champion of Yore 1 DLC that Nintendo was giving away for free the first week the game came out.[/QUOTE]

according to the email it's the whole game! Lol

Picked up the ad from Kmart and went on my way to BBY, no trouble getting the pm and the code.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I plan on purchasing this game for both me and my brother (we share cartridges). Is there anyway to get two codes for Lost Levels?[/QUOTE]

Are you asking if you can get two codes when you only buy one game? If that were the case I don't think you really need an answer for that.

Man, I bought this game on a whim on Sunday and figured since it was a 1st party Nintendo game that there wouldn't be any deals on it, so I went with Best Buy for the free code. Wish I would have known about Kmarts price so I could have PM'd. Oh well, it's only five bucks, and the game is really fun!

Bought a copy last night and had no problem getting a KMart price match, although the cashier had to ask if they PM KMart. I noticed the Mario download popped up automatically when it was scanned as its considered a bundle.

Although I have this on Wii it's great having it in portable form!

Emailed customer support about not receiving my code from the store. Today, I received a call from them saying they have received "a large number of calls" about this issue and that they are working with Nintendo to resolve it. Hope it comes out good.

I tried to PM the Kmart deal and they refused. Said they no longer PM Kmart ads. So I looked up their PM policy and it was just updated on 5/23/13 and Kmart is not on the list. So I was kind of pissed, but fuck it, I have too much in my backlog to play anyway.

[quote name='Echotech83']I tried to PM the Kmart deal and they refused. Said they no longer PM Kmart ads. So I looked up their PM policy and it was just updated on 5/23/13 and Kmart is not on the list. So I was kind of pissed, but fuck it, I have too much in my backlog to play anyway.[/QUOTE]

I know the person checking me out had to call a manager because she couldn't find KMart on the list of retailers. luckily they let me have it at the better price.

As for Lost Levels, mine printed on the receipt naturally without the cashier having to doa nything.

No, KMart is not on their list on their register. Just tell them to use Sears as the matching store. Same company. The manager at BB agreed that this is the case.
No problem at all for the price match and the code.

Yeah, I saw it myself; Kmart is not among the list of stores they PM. Lucky for me there's a Kmart not too far from BB, so they used a misc option and matched after checking with a manager.

i didnt get no code when bought it last sunday it before they close and no sign free of code but still bought it . i meaning to call best buy about it and finally did today their main # not my store it easy that way and have my code coming soon in few hours

Been playing on the 3DS the last few days. It's a decent game, for sure, but the time-trial challenges are just horrible, horrible, horrible. To get gold on each level will be something I won't even attempt to get. Having to continually roll through the level to be at full speed is just not fun...

FYI, I have it on the Wii, as well. The Wii version is much, much smoother in terms of frame-rate and jaggies. I'm definitely bothered at times by the frame rate on the 3DS. Oh well... Still fun to have on the go, but the Wii is the superior version (controls aside).

bread's done
Back