Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D + Super Mario Bros The Lost Levels $35 via BB

finsfan0210

CAGiversary!
Feedback
199 (100%)
If you preorder :3ds:Donkey Kong Country Returns for $34.99 at Bestbuy.com you get a download code for Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels. Seems like this is only gonna be for preorders. The game launches on May 24th.

EDIT: It is in the 5/26 Sunday BB Ad and it states that you receive The Lost Levels with purchase so there is no need to preorder. If you wait til Sunday you can pricematch Kmart's $29.99 price and also receive the The Lost Levels with your purchase.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Donkey+Kong+Country+Returns+3D

Kmart Ad 5/26

Best Buy Ad 5/26

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like the thing to do would be to pre-order at best buy and wait till the 26th to pick it up so you can price match kmart for $29.99 when you do.

[quote name='beaus27']I prefer this BB deal the most. Someone tell me, if I pre-order the game online can I do an "in store pick up" for Friday/Saturday?[/QUOTE]
You should be able to, that's what I am doing.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Seems like the thing to do would be to pre-order at best buy and wait till the 26th to pick it up so you can price match kmart for $29.99 when you do.[/QUOTE]

This works. Does it apply to instore preorders?

I'm kind of interested in buying this as a digital download. Does anyone know if you still get The Lost Levels if you order the digital version through Best Buy's site? It looks like you don't but I wanted to double check and see if anyone else might know for sure.

[quote name='Liquid Metal']This works. Does it apply to instore preorders?[/QUOTE]

yeah, just pick up on Sunday and ask to PM when picking up

[quote name='illmatic21']I'm kind of interested in buying this as a digital download. Does anyone know if you still get The Lost Levels if you order the digital version through Best Buy's site? It looks like you don't but I wanted to double check and see if anyone else might know for sure.[/QUOTE]

The promo is only for the retail version. I just checked the listing for the download version and it does not list The Lost Levels.

[quote name='cubeenigma']yeah, just pick up on Sunday and ask to PM when picking up[/QUOTE]

I was under the impression that you cannot PM an order when you pick it up only when placing the order. If I am correct any order whether or not it is shipped or picked up instore you can only PM it when the order is placed.

[quote name='finsfan0210']The promo is only for the retail version. I just checked the listing for the download version and it does not list The Lost Levels.

I was under the impression that you cannot PM an order when you pick it up only when placing the order. If I am correct any order whether or not it is shipped or picked up instore you can only PM it when the order is placed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if you are doing an in-store pick up you'd have to pick it up and then call best buy and see if they'll give you the difference. I just did the $5 pre-order in store, so when I go to pick it up I'll do a price match and pay the difference. If by some chance the pre-order bonus doesn't get sent to me automatically I'll just post on the unbox forums that the site never said online only and I pre-ordered it for that incentive and they'll get me one.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Yeah, if you are doing an in-store pick up you'd have to pick it up and then call best buy and see if they'll give you the difference. I just did the $5 pre-order in store, so when I go to pick it up I'll do a price match and pay the difference. If by some chance the pre-order bonus doesn't get sent to me automatically I'll just post on the unbox forums that the site never said online only and I pre-ordered it for that incentive and they'll get me one.[/QUOTE]There's also the fact that the weekly BBY ad for next week explicitly says you'll get The Lost Levels with purchase.

I just pre-ordered my DKC4 3D and paid for Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge @ $30.
My cart showed 3 items and the download code will be emailed to me.
...Great! I mailed my 3DS XL off for repairs. I hope the code will be good when my system comes back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='z3razerviper']You got all 3 for 30 bucks?[/QUOTE]I doubt it--NG3:RE is $30 this week at BBY, so he was probably just saying he added that to his cart alongside the $34.99 DKCR 3D with the preorder bonus.

[quote name='illmatic21']I'm kind of interested in buying this as a digital download. Does anyone know if you still get The Lost Levels if you order the digital version through Best Buy's site? It looks like you don't but I wanted to double check and see if anyone else might know for sure.[/QUOTE]

you might want to look into the size of the game file before you decide. I read it was pretty sizable. just something to consider.

[quote name='stewie75']you might want to look into the size of the game file before you decide. I read it was pretty sizable. just something to consider.[/QUOTE]

Also you can only transfer it a total of 5 times. So in my mind that means I dont really own it. Nintendo drm sucks.

[quote name='z3razerviper']Also you can only transfer it a total of 5 times. So in my mind that means I dont really own it. Nintendo drm sucks.[/QUOTE]

isn't that from console to console? SD to SD is no limit I thought

[quote name='z3razerviper']You got all 3 for 30 bucks?[/QUOTE]
Sorry for the confusion. I pre-ordered DKC4 3D, $34.99+TX, and paid for NG3:RE for $29.99+TX. There were three items in my cart.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Preorder at Bb. Get the code and use it. And return the game back to Bb.[/QUOTE]

Have fun with that! :lol:. i'm almost positive the code is or will be printed on the reciept itself at time of pick up or if shipped they'll see that the code was emailed too you. and that if you try to return it they'll probrably deduct the value ($4.99 + tax) of the code pre-return:

Promotional Items and Bundles

When a promotional item is returned, the value of the promotional item will be deducted from the refund amount. For example, if you buy a TV that includes a free Blu-ray player, the total value of the Blu-ray player will be deducted from the refund if the Blu-ray player is not returned with the TV.

When a bundle is purchased and only part of the bundle is returned, the bundle discount is void, and the total bundle discount will be deducted from the refund. For example, if you receive $200 in savings when you purchase a laptop and printer together and you return either item, the $200 bundle savings will be subtracted from your refund.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-To...es/pcmcat260800050014.c?id=pcmcat260800050014

You can try though! :rofl:

It is confirmed that it is in Best Buy's Sunday Ad and it states every purchase gets the Lost Levels so you no longer have to preorder it. I'd wait til Sunday and pricematch Kmart. I'll be going into the store on Sunday to return my dot com order and rebuy it with the $29.99 Kmart pricematch.

I edited the OP with this new info plus links to both the Kmart and Best Buy 5/26 Ad Threads.

[quote name='zman73']Lost Levels... I think I got to world 7 before I decided to finally give up... so hard[/QUOTE]

On the plus side, this one will have save states!

I'm so annoyed right now. I had the order with newegg for $28 but they hadn't shipped yet so I decided to cancel it, pay a few more bucks and get the game from Best Buy tomorrow with the bonus. But I've tried twice to order the game on Best Buy's site with in store pick up and it keeps canceling the order on me. So now it looks like I won't get the reduced price or the bonus game.

Edit: Nevermind, I guess it wouldn't matter if I can still walk in the store tomorrow and get the bonus.

[quote name='illmatic21']
Edit: Nevermind, I guess it wouldn't matter if I can still walk in the store tomorrow and get the bonus.[/QUOTE]

wait till next week and pm Kmart.

[quote name='illmatic21']I'm so annoyed right now. I had the order with newegg for $28 but they hadn't shipped yet so I decided to cancel it, pay a few more bucks and get the game from Best Buy tomorrow with the bonus. But I've tried twice to order the game on Best Buy's site with in store pick up and it keeps canceling the order on me. So now it looks like I won't get the reduced price or the bonus game.

Edit: Nevermind, I guess it wouldn't matter if I can still walk in the store tomorrow and get the bonus.[/QUOTE]

I had the same issue with my orders being auto-cancelled.

[quote name='offensive_jerk']To you people buying the 3DS version; do you also have the Wii version?[/QUOTE]

yup i just dont wanna wiggle out a remote to play a game so the 3ds version will be nice touch

[quote name='BroBuzz']Anyone gotten their Lost Level's code yet?[/QUOTE]

wondering this as well was about to go get a copy since newegg will dekiver next Wednesday.

[quote name='offensive_jerk']To you people buying the 3DS version; do you also have the Wii version?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I do. I'm looking forward to the portable factor and the easier mode.

Yes, I enjoyed the Wii one very much, but it was a bit frustrating for my young sons. They will very much enjoy it, and being portable is great.

[quote name='LordVila']I had the same issue with my orders being auto-cancelled.[/QUOTE

Same here. So I went in and put $5 down for a pre-order in store.

[quote name='BroBuzz']Anyone gotten their Lost Level's code yet?[/QUOTE]

I did already. I ordered DKCR3D last night and got my code around 1AM. This game is haaaaaaard @___@

I'm a cheapassgamer, so won't be buying the same game I already have.

[quote name='capsnikerz']yup i just dont wanna wiggle out a remote to play a game so the 3ds version will be nice touch[/QUOTE]

lazyassgamer

[quote name='theflicker']Yes, I do. I'm looking forward to the portable factor and the easier mode.[/QUOTE]

weakassgamer

j/k guys. ;)

Wait so I was supposed to preorder? I thought all new copies had them :/ I just picked mine up but didnt see anything about it

[quote name='plus1zero']Wait so I was supposed to preorder? I thought all new copies had them :/ I just picked mine up but didnt see anything about it[/QUOTE]

It says all instore copies come with it according the their upcoming Sunday Ad. Did you buy it instore or just use instore pickup? If it was a dot com order you will get an email. This is just a thought but I think regular store purchases today and tomorrow may not get The Lost Levels with purchase. Its still on the site as of now. To be safe I'd do a dot com order for now or just wait til Sunday.

Edit: I received my order this afternoon but I will be going to the store on Sunday to return and rebuy it with the Kmart PM. I got my Lost Levels code in a email last night.

[quote name='finsfan0210']It says all instore copies come with it according the their upcoming Sunday Ad. Did you buy it instore or just use instore pickup? If it was a dot com order you will get an email. This is just a thought but I think regular store purchases today and tomorrow may not get The Lost Levels with purchase. Its still on the site as of now. To be safe I'd do a dot com order for now or just wait til Sunday.

Edit: I received my order this afternoon but I will be going to the store on Sunday to return and rebuy it with the Kmart PM. I got my Lost Levels code in a email last night.[/QUOTE]

Well I just asked for one and they went in he back and got one. I could always contact them or go buy Sunday and return

Best Buy wouldn't price match K-Mart's $29.99 price for the copy I purchased on Friday. They said price matching is at point of sale only when I called their 1-800 number.

Was I impatient and did this wrong? (or should I just pick up a $30 copy from my local K-Mart and return it at Best Buy)

Might not be worth the hassle to get that five dollars then.

[quote name='warpedcore']Best Buy wouldn't price match K-Mart's $29.99 price for the copy I purchased on Friday. They said price matching is at point of sale only when I called their 1-800 number.

Was I impatient and did this wrong? (or should I just pick up a $30 copy from my local K-Mart and return it at Best Buy)

Might not be worth the hassle to get that five dollars then.[/QUOTE]

I think you did it wrong. I also think if you return to Best Buy they will deduct the value of Mario Lost Levels (4.99) from the refund, making your return fraud or "hassle" a waste of your gas and time.

Should've heeded the advice from the OP on waiting until Sunday to PM Kmart if you wanted to buy from BB to get Mario Lost Levels.

This may sound mean but it is what it is.

So what's the deal with getting the code in store? I picked up a copy and assumed it printed out on the receipt....it didn't. And the employee seemed to be clueless about it. Is the code printed on something physical or included inside the game itself? Debating opening it in case I have to return it.

There is a prompt on their computer to "press F11" to add "super mario lost levels" to the purchase. Their computer says its $5 and the cashier i had just skipped it.

When i asked her about mario, she said " oh, thats just a thing u could preorder."

I told her it was in the ad (and nintendo's facebook and twitter) that i would get it for free ONLY at best buy. She sent me to customer service.

Customer service figured it out.

I got the code in my email and on the receipt
And got the kmart price matched.

For a best buy exclusive offer, i would have thought someone would have had a clue.

Mine went pretty smooth but that may have been because I put down a $5 preorder in store last week. She asked me to verify my email and it printed the code on the receipt and emailed me within like 5 minutes. The email did say "Preorder Bonus Code" which is why it might have been less hassle than had I not preordered.

Got the Kmart PM as well.

Just got off the phone with Best Buy. ~20 minutes of transfers got me to their back office. They are emailing me the code, should have it in 2 hrs. Will report back if there is any issues!

Pre-ordered a copy a couple of days ago and picked it up today. Wasn't able to pricematch K-Mart's price at the store but did it over the phone and was given $5.00 back. Once I picked up the order my code for Super Mario Bros. was e-mailed to me. Hope this info helps! :D

Fun game, but I'll only pick it up again if it's in the $5-10 range. Too bad that's unlikely.

Yes I also have the Wii version.
I pre-ordered the game online, picked it up in the store on Friday. As the associate was closing/releasing the order, I received two emails within a minute. "Thank you for picking up" and the SMBLL download code.
Now! I am just sitting here waiting for my XL to be repaired.

I actually didn't play much of the Wii version so I'm really enjoying this one.

[quote name='johnston306']I think you did it wrong. I also think if you return to Best Buy they will deduct the value of Mario Lost Levels (4.99) from the refund, making your return fraud or "hassle" a waste of your gas and time.

Should've heeded the advice from the OP on waiting until Sunday to PM Kmart if you wanted to buy from BB to get Mario Lost Levels.

This may sound mean but it is what it is.[/QUOTE]

It does sound mean and it's not fraud. It's called business and competition. If someone is offering the same product for a cheaper price within a given return period, they should MATCH it rather than risk losing business and losing the customer.

Implying or even insinuating that returning an IDENTICAL product from any store, as long as its the same unused, new undamaged product, isn't fraud. Sorry. Never heard that before.

Huh...for some reason I emailed them about not getting a code and they sent me a download for fire emblem instead lol. I'm actually selling off my 3DS and all that stuff now so I need to sell that code for cheap.

bread's done
Back