Donkey Konga with TWO sets of Bongos, $15 EB

lionheart4life

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Hope this isn't posted already since I couldn't find it in a search. Donkey Konga is $14.99 new on Ebgames.com, but also comes with a free set of bongos, so you get two controllers and the game for super cheap. Credit goes to Fatwallet for this deal, since I saw it there and didn't find it myself.

Try coupon code "SAVER" for free shipping too.

Edit: Preemptive strike, I don't know if this is good in-store as well, and it doesn't appear that any of the other Konga games have any good deals going on right now.

Edit: They also added a $6 handling fee, I'm not sure if SAVER or anything works around this. Still a good price for the game and two controllers I suppose.

[quote name='Vinny']Sweet... so now I have 4 sets of bongos yet none of my friends are interested in playing this anymore.:whistle2:([/quote]
LOL, Im in that same boat man

Found 2 DKJB at my local Gamestop, but "sorry, we are out of extra bongos". Nice. No raincheck or anything - just flat out don't have them, end of conversation. DKJB for $15 is a decent deal, but I already have it. I was looking to get that for a gift and the extra bongos for my family to keep (we only have 2 now).

Thanks OP.

I picked up the DKJB w/2 sets of bongos and also bought used copies of Konga & Konga 2 using the 20% off. My total w/tax was $40. Sweet Bongo Goodness - neither my kids or I have played any of these games before so it should be a fun diversion for them over the Christmas break leading up to Christmas. :bouncy:

Thanks alot OP!

Picked this up as a christmas gift for my brother. The employees were baffled and questioned the validity of my coupon :) They had some trouble punching it in at first but it worked out in the end. Once again thanks!

[quote name='evanft']Got it today. This game rules. Definately wanna get Donkey Konga 1 & 2 now.[/QUOTE]

Most CCs should have them for $20 each with the bongos

[quote name='advancedgamer468']Thanks alot OP!

Picked this up as a christmas gift for my brother. The employees were baffled and questioned the validity of my coupon :) They had some trouble punching it in at first but it worked out in the end. Once again thanks![/QUOTE]

Yeh- No crap. I printed the ad from the website and the guy at Gamestop looked at it and keep saying he would honor it- no problem, but then couldn't get the computer to take it and started saying he had to take my information for his manager to check back w/ me in case he had any questions about the BIG discount, as he didn't want to get into trouble???

I told him he was more than welcome to go to the Co. website and see for himself, but that I wasnt giving him my info? He then called his manager and couldnt get him, I told him to call the EB, 15 stores down in the same mall to confirm....they didnt know about it either.

When it was all said and done he made it work.....I didnt give him my info. Then he mentions he was a manager &%@&?

How can these guys work for a Co. and not know what is going on?

Retarded.......anyhow I got them and its still a good deal...............

So... did anyone want to donate their empty Bongo box to me (not the DK:JB one, but the generic Nintendo Bongo Box)? I'll pay shipping. :)

[quote name='Tendoboy']Yeh- No crap. I printed the ad from the website and the guy at Gamestop looked at it and keep saying he would honor it- no problem, but then couldn't get the computer to take it and started saying he had to take my information for his manager to check back w/ me in case he had any questions about the BIG discount, as he didn't want to get into trouble???

I told him he was more than welcome to go to the Co. website and see for himself, but that I wasnt giving him my info? He then called his manager and couldnt get him, I told him to call the EB, 15 stores down in the same mall to confirm....they didnt know about it either.

When it was all said and done he made it work.....I didnt give him my info. Then he mentions he was a manager &%@&?

How can these guys work for a Co. and not know what is going on?

Retarded.......anyhow I got them and its still a good deal...............[/quote]
i work at eb i and i can tell you how cause corprate are a bunch of cock bitiing fuck tards that dont tell us jack shit i mean they are so stupid i cant wait im getting out of retail finally in january cause im going to college and i will be so damn happy

also it doesnt help when we get customers that come in acting like evil pricks i mean you should realy try it from behind the counter and not for a week either im talking like at least 6 months and you have to work during the christmas holiday i guarantee you will NEVER bitch about anyone working retail again.

also they are giving an extra set of bongos cause they are trying top get rid of the damn things
(btw sorry for the rant i just got out of work)

I was looking to pick up 2 more sets of bongos 2 weeks ago. I almost bought two of the bongo-only sets for $15 each at Fred Meyer.
I'm glad I saw this post! It saved me some cash!
I had bought the Donkey Konga 1 & 2 bundles last year, so now my collection is complete.
Thanks OP!

I did this deal yesterday at GS and got a pre-owned copy of G1 Jockey (Koei PS2 horse-racing game) for $10.50, Rampage GC, and Ape Escape 3. The total came in just under $50 - shocked the crap out of the sales guy.

A sweet deal for the bonga wanga. Thanks OP! Works well on my Wii! Is out online but they have a shitload instore. Use the check availability for the bongos to get an idea what store have what. The coupon says avail instore. The people in the store don't belive it though, they had to call regional office twice to figure out what to do. YOU NEED TO PRINT OUT AD PAGE WITH CONGAS ON IT. The coupon code they need to put in the machine is near the congas took forever for the clerks to find them. The people were acting like I was up to something too.

I had to get donkey konga 2 used cause they didn't have donkey konga 1 instock used or new. Donkey konga 2 songs kinda are not the best but it is still awsome fun. I REALLY hope they bring out donkey konga 3 over here damn japanese get all the good shite.

Got this deal, but instead of giving me extra bongos, they gave me Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, so basically I got Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, Donkey Konga, and 2 Bongos for $16.xx, great deal, I'm done with Christmas shopping now

[quote name='enixidfrag']i work at eb i and i can tell you how cause corprate are a bunch of cock bitiing fuck tards that dont tell us jack shit i mean they are so stupid i cant wait im getting out of retail finally in january cause im going to college and i will be so damn happy

also it doesnt help when we get customers that come in acting like evil pricks i mean you should realy try it from behind the counter and not for a week either im talking like at least 6 months and you have to work during the christmas holiday i guarantee you will NEVER bitch about anyone working retail again.

also they are giving an extra set of bongos cause they are trying top get rid of the damn things
(btw sorry for the rant i just got out of work)[/QUOTE]

Actually, I worked at Circuit City all through college (back in the commission days) and know well enough what working through the holidays in retail means...it sucks!....I was a patient as the come w/ this guy for just that reason.....but to ask someone for their personal info so they wont get in trouble is bull%$^. Not to mention he stated he was a manager. If he's that worried about his boss yelling about a corporate ad he needs to move on.....

The EB Mgr at the Short Pump (Richmond) location next to Walmart said they received 30 bongos with games, and 30 without, a couple of weeks ago -- he was wondering why in the world they were sent, until the sale hit.

He mentioned this was an "internet only" flyer/sale test, done to gauge the response they receive to an internet sales flyer versus a traditional paper flyer (or newspaper insert).

It's a shame that not all the stores properly communicated the sale to their employees. Fortunately the store I tend to visit was clued in. Great deal.

Excellent deal, I was able to pick up a few extra sets as christmas gifts. They had plenty of stock and the employees knew all about it.

My EB had TONS of these still in stock. The offer is extended until the end of the month (?) and no longer requires the flyer.

Thanks CAG!

Thery have at least a half dozen at each store I have been at. If they aren't out they most likely are in the back.

yeah, at the eb i work at it we have a shiiiitload of copies of DJ Jungle Beat and bongos. and it should ring up on the computer automatically, since it's in the in-store flyer now as well. i rang one up the other day so managers/workers should know about this by now.

Alriiiiiiiighty. . I'm set. Just went to another local GS and picked up 2 more bundles, and I got Donkey Konga 1 and 2 plus another copy of Donkey Konga 1 for free (that bundled with a couple sets of bongos makes a great xmas present. . .)

I'm sooooo stoked. . .I sold Donkey Konga 1 and 2 plus 3 sets of bongos on ebay for $80 a few months ago, now I just got all that back plus an extra set of bongos and DKJB for $60.

Today is a good day.

Finally got around to picking one of these up. There were at least 6 or 7 more at my GS. The guy was kind of a jerk about giving up the set and extra Bongos. Kept insisting it was only a 3-day sale and told his associate to ring it up but not before stating, "It probably won't work, JUST SO YOU KNOW." I acted pretty indifferent though in my head I was wondering why he was so hard up on not letting these go. I might understand if it was something "cool" like the Castlevania bonus or MGS bonus.

[quote name='Kendro']Finally got around to picking one of these up. There were at least 6 or 7 more at my GS. The guy was kind of a jerk about giving up the set and extra Bongos. Kept insisting it was only a 3-day sale and told his associate to ring it up but not before stating, "It probably won't work, JUST SO YOU KNOW." I acted pretty indifferent though in my head I was wondering why he was so hard up on not letting these go. I might understand if it was something "cool" like the Castlevania bonus or MGS bonus.[/QUOTE]

I had a similar experience buying this a week ago. The clerk kept arguing with me that he didn't know anything about this, and I couldn't get the deal. Although they had a ton of the games and bongos sitting on the floor. Finally, I had to get a manager involved. They had to manually deduct the price to get it down to $14.99. It's funny because after he gave in, he said there had been three other people recently that also got the deal. You would think he would have been nicer, instead of playing it off.

If there were three other people then shouldn't he know the deal by now? It's not like it's his game, what does he have to lose?

That's what got me thinking. Maybe there is some sort of incentive for employees if they can sell them separately for a bigger price? Whatever, I'm paying that ass another visit on 12/26 to return the ones I bought and re-buy them at the $10 price.

I picked up 2 sets today for 14.99. I know they will be 9.99 in a week or so, but It is worth it to get them now and enjoy them with my kids on XMAS morning.

I could not for the life of me find this damn deal. You guys got damn lucky i guess, i broke in and bought DK jungle beat for $20 (with bongo's) so i guess it's ok..

went to EB with 2 boxs in hand they said "the deal is over ended this weekend"??? Going to another with ad in hand.
Gamestop said the deal ended
Went to another EB got Bongos no problem
if all these places weren't in the same 1 mile radius i wouldn't have went thur the trouble.

I called my local EB just now to see how much they had left. Guy said quite a few but the promotion on them was over.:bs: The sales ad online says the deals are running until Sat., the 23rd!!! What's up w/ the cashier not knowing what's in their ads???

[quote name='konmai']I called my local EB just now to see how much they had left. Guy said quite a few but the promotion on them was over.:bs: The sales ad online says the deals are running until Sat., the 23rd!!! What's up w/ the cashier not knowing what's in their ads???[/quote]

Don't worry, starting 12/26 the price drops to $10.

[quote name='Kendro']Don't worry, starting 12/26 the price drops to $10.[/quote]

Explain, i have found a store near me that has this deal... what is said price drop, same deal just cheaper? :hot:

[quote name='abhinav']Explain, i have found a store near me that has this deal... what is said price drop, same deal just cheaper? :hot:[/QUOTE]

What is there to explain?
That is the definition of a price drop.
You answered your own question.
:roll:
:applause:

[quote name='wbc1228']What is there to explain?
That is the definition of a price drop.
You answered your own question.
:roll:
:applause:[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Some people are just not too bright. Maybe he should post a deal saying free shipping is really a deal!

Picked this up today for 15.60. Game is great , I really enjoyed it. Yeah I think worth it for 15.00 yeah 10.00 is a crazy nice deal , but still worth the 15.

how many copies of donkey konga eb/gamestop purchase?Did it flop that bad?It seems like almost every store around here has about 10 of each

[quote name='fatbeer']how many copies of donkey konga eb/gamestop purchase?Did it flop that bad?It seems like almost every store around here has about 10 of each[/quote]They only had 3 left when I left I think.

if anybody wants to get this instore I remember seeing a crapload of these at my local EBgames in the Santa Anita Westfield for those in SoCal

bread's done
Back