Donkey Konga with TWO sets of Bongos, $15 EB

lionheart4life

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Hope this isn't posted already since I couldn't find it in a search. Donkey Konga is $14.99 new on Ebgames.com, but also comes with a free set of bongos, so you get two controllers and the game for super cheap. Credit goes to Fatwallet for this deal, since I saw it there and didn't find it myself.

Try coupon code "SAVER" for free shipping too.

Edit: Preemptive strike, I don't know if this is good in-store as well, and it doesn't appear that any of the other Konga games have any good deals going on right now.

Edit: They also added a $6 handling fee, I'm not sure if SAVER or anything works around this. Still a good price for the game and two controllers I suppose.

Was able to get a Price Adjustment today on the DK Jungle Beat and the extra set of bongos from the $14.99 price I paid before Christmas to the $9.99 price today. Then picked up Fire Emblem which was on sale for $10, for $5...

[quote name='sniper308']Was able to get a Price Adjustment today on the DK Jungle Beat and the extra set of bongos from the $14.99 price I paid before Christmas to the $9.99 price today. Then picked up Fire Emblem which was on sale for $10, for $5...[/quote]cool i'll try that.

Mother effer. Oh well, can't beat my deal - $22 shipped for the game, two bongos AND Hannah Montana DS that somehow got into my box which I sold on eBay for $36 so the deal was like ($14) shipped for me. :D

what games can you play with two bongos? My brother got my other brother the game without the extra set of bongos so I want to know if I should tell him to go get the free one. I know its a no brainer for most people but my brother is ultra lazy.

DK: Jungle Beat
Donkey Konga 1 and 2, but if you have a mod GC the Jap and Pal versions are all different.
Plus there is that racing game that was supposed to be for the GC and moved to the Wii that might use the Bongos.

If I go to the mall this week I will pick up another copy just for the bongos, the game is not that great through.

picked two of these sets up, one for my wii and one set for my fiance's gamecube

with myself having Konga 1&2, we're going to have a combined 5 sets of bongos when we finally get our own place

o..0 thats a lotta specialized controllers

[quote name='Kendro']Stupid manager wouldn't let me price adjust when I bought it for $15 a few days ago.[/quote]

Just re-buy it at $10 now and return it with the old receipt.

Asshole problem resolved. :D

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Just re-buy it at $10 now and return it with the old receipt.

Asshole problem resolved. :D[/quote]

yep! :applause: oh, might want to do it in their face, too. :cool:

[quote name='David85']DK: Jungle Beat
Donkey Konga 1 and 2, but if you have a mod GC the Jap and Pal versions are all different.
Plus there is that racing game that was supposed to be for the GC and moved to the Wii that might use the Bongos.

If I go to the mall this week I will pick up another copy just for the bongos, the game is not that great through.[/quote]thanks.

[quote name='RickHarrisMaine']Picked mine up yesterday for $9.99, no sales tax either, thank you New Hampshire.....Looks like it might be a fun game to try.[/QUOTE]

Looks... all it is is looks. The game is fun for about 10 minutes. But it's a good game for $10.

Was just thinking that it looks nice... but I dunno if I care to take up space with two bongos if replay value isn't there and no other games are going to use them. Especially if Beat is only 1 payer and both Kongas don't figure into games to get anytime soon.

The old reviews basically said it's very short — fun, but short nontheless. $10 makes it tempting though. Maybe it's better spent on other games.

If Jungle Beat is the only reason you're getting the bongos, I probably wouldn't do it. However, if you like the Konga games and can use the bongos anyways, then getting it is a no-brainer.

Jungle Beat would have been the only reason.

Taiko Drum Master is the closest thing to Konga that I've played and I didn't care for it. Probably will pass on Jungle Beat then. No big loss, no big gain.

By the way, if anyone was considering ordering it from eb/gs online, but balked at the 10$ handling fee, order it from barnes and noble instead - I just did - same deal, same shipping cost - no 10$ fee!

Man I don't know why it bothers me, but could the OP or a Mod please change the title to include "Jungle Beat". I have been looking at this for weeks and everytime it just erks me. Might also want to change the price to $10 instead of $15.

[quote name='mattstockton12']Anyone know where I can get DKonga 1 and 2 for cheap? No luck for me at Kmart[/QUOTE]

Try Sears for Donkey Konga 1 w/bongos. Cag's have reported them for like $5.97. PS if you find 2 I need Donkey Konga 1 game only. ;)

Also, TRU has DK2 for $10

[quote name='hotwls13']Try Sears for Donkey Konga 1 w/bongos. Cag's have reported them for like $5.97. PS if you find 2 I need Donkey Konga 1 game only. ;)

Also, TRU has DK2 for $10[/quote]

Yeah, my Sears doesn't sell games and my TRU didn't have DK2, lol, guess I'll have to be patient and hope it shows up somewhere else. Jungle Beat is pretty entertaining for the time being, just seems silly that they included a second set of bongos for a single player game, maybe it was the hardest one to get people to buy or something.

I bought it, then returned it. I just didn't want something that big sitting around in my basement.

[quote name='ma']Grabbed this to get the 2 extra set of bongos, then sold my extra copy of Jungle Beat for $11 on amazon. Nice.[/quote]

Nice indeed, I should do that and get another 2 bongos for a negative dollar.

Ugh, the EBs I went to had tons and tons of bongos but no copies of the Donkey Konga or anything. Lol. Totally pointless that they even advertise it if all they have is the bongos..

Luckily I got the last 2 sets of jungle beat, one for me and the other for my friend. But they still had alot of bongos which they still don't understand why they sent them 3 extra bongos for each jungle beat game they got.:roll:

The advertised game with two sets of bongos for $10 ($15 pre-Christmas) was Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, not Donkey Konga. I'm surprised the thread has gone on for this long without the title being changed to the correct game.

[quote name='whitereflection']The advertised game with two sets of bongos for $10 ($15 pre-Christmas) was Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, not Donkey Konga. I'm surprised the thread has gone on for this long without the title being changed to the correct game.[/QUOTE]

You and I both.

Maybe I should report the thread to get a mods attention. :)

Gonna head over to one or two EBs nearby tomorrow and see if I can score this deal, otherwise I'll cough up the extra 10 bucks for the online handling fee. 20 bucks is still a fantastic deal for this.

[quote name='whitereflection']The advertised game with two sets of bongos for $10 ($15 pre-Christmas) was Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, not Donkey Konga. I'm surprised the thread has gone on for this long without the title being changed to the correct game.[/QUOTE]

Er, I meant Jungle Beat actually. Lol. But yeah, they didn't have either Konga or Jungle Beat anyway. Don't care so much about Konga since I already got that game for Christmas, but I was wanting JB.

No more Jungle Beats left at my EB, but I picked up a brand new Donkey Konga set for 20 bucks while I was there. Paid a bit of a premium, but I don't mind; I wanted DK more than JB anyway.

I picked up JB with a second set of bongos for $9.99 yesterday at a GameStop. I sold my Game Cube after Wind Waker, so I've never played any of the bongo games. Which one is considered the "best"?

Anyway, I have a Wii now so I can finally give JB a try.

I heard that Donkey Kong Jungle Beat was a one player game, why would Gamestop give you an extra set? Do these bongos break easily or just a marketing ploy so that you'll buy the other donkey kong bongo games?

I am debated about getting this online. If it wasn't for that dang special handleing fee I would order it right now. Closest Gamestop to me is too far to even consider driving.

bread's done
Back