Don't knock it till you try it: Weird food combos!

lilboo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
Basically, we are all secretly a bunch of fat ass'.
Either now or at one point in your life you KNOW you had some weird food combo that you loved. So what was it?

This was inspired from a thread I saw on another forum and some shit was hillarious, crazy....and some even good :drool:

For me, I used to LOVE (lol ready?).. grilled cheese and grape jelly.
How fat and nasty?
But it was so good.

I usually like syrup on anything breakfast related. I used to pour syrup not just on waffles or french toast or pancakes, but I'd casually pour some over the eggs .. or bacon or sausage as well.. :drool:

So how much of a closet fat ass are you?

Peanut butter on toast with pickles on the side. I don't know why but after you get all thirsty from eating toast with melted peanut butter on it, a bite out of a pickle washes it down so good.

[quote name='fart_bubble']bagel bites (anyone else remember those?) and sour cream[/QUOTE]

...that sounds really good!

One of my friends used to dunk glazed donuts in Cherry Coke. I tried it once and it was pretty amazing, but I didn't continue to do it because I'd like to live past 40.

[quote name='darthbudge']It isn't that weird, but French Fries dipped in Ranch dressing is pure bliss.[/QUOTE]

but thats not that weird

MUTHAfuckEN ROSCOE'S
roscoes2xd0.jpg

[quote name='Moxio']Roscoe's sucks.[/QUOTE]

You suck. Depends which one you've gone to. The Pasadena one does suck but the Hollywood one is fucking great. So goooooood.

[quote name='crazytalkx']You suck. Depends which one you've gone to. The Pasadena one does suck but the Hollywood one is fucking great. So goooooood.[/QUOTE]

:

I don't do it myself, but a bunch of friends in high school used to dip their fries in a Wendy's Chocolate Frosty.

I think the closest I get to weird is when I like to leave out of various foods. I.e., no milk in cereal, and I prefer ice cream to be ice cream - no shit like peanuts or cake dough or bits of candy bar and whatnot (though I will make an exception for caramel, even though that's not quite the same thing).

I can pretty much put ketchup on anything. It could be eggs, spaghetti, or an apple; if it's edible, ketchup will make it better (except cereal).

I used to eat Peanut Butter & Cheese Sandwiches a couple of years ago, back when EarthBound was new, which is where the idea came from.

Peanut Cheese Bar anyone?

~HotShotX

[quote name='Kendro']Peanut butter on toast with pickles on the side. I don't know why but after you get all thirsty from eating toast with melted peanut butter on it, a bite out of a pickle washes it down so good.[/quote]

Peanut butter sandwiches with a pickle on the side are awesome. My friends think it's gross but I absolutely love it.

I like my french fries with italian dressing, but that really isn't too weird.

Years ago, when I worked retail, there was some bastard who would steal lunches from the fridge in the breakroom. After it happened to me a few times, I brought in one of my favorites when I was young: Peanut Butter and tuna fish sandwiches.

My lunch disappeared one more time...then never again.

My uncle noted that his friends think cream cheese with jelly on bagels is weird. I think it's the most delicious combination ever.

[quote name='Strell']I don't do it myself, but a bunch of friends in high school used to dip their fries in a Wendy's Chocolate Frosty.[/quote]

That stuff is delicious. Also, do the same thing with their chicken nuggets.

Cheetos in gherkin brine (not too long through, just get it wet). This only happened once at 3am, and NEVER AGAIN. I would, but it's not worth the pain.

What *is* worth the pain and itching is sushi made with brown rice, orange roe, surimi, seaweed, avocados, and rolled in baked lays crumbs. Gotta eat it before the lays absorb the moisture from the rice, though.

I don't eat any weird food combos now. When I was younger and ran out of milk I would substitute OJ for my cereal. Frosted Flakes with OJ. I'm not going to lie, it was fucking disgusting.

Fries with hot fudge sundae at McDonalds, or fries with either a chocolate or vanilla Frosty at Wendy's.

I used to put ketchup in my eggs, which my friends thought it was weird.

I personally don't think I combine anything too weird, but this topic brings to mind the thought of Travis Bickle eating a piece of pie with a slice of cheese on it.

[quote name='Kendro']Peanut butter on toast with pickles on the side. I don't know why but after you get all thirsty from eating toast with melted peanut butter on it, a bite out of a pickle washes it down so good.[/quote]

[quote name='tokitoki50']I close friend of mine loves to dip salt and vinegar chips in mashed up bananas. It's a strange flavor combo.[/quote]

:puke:

[quote name='pimpinc333']I don't eat any weird food combos now. When I was younger and ran out of milk I would substitute OJ for my cereal. Frosted Flakes with OJ. I'm not going to lie, it was fucking disgusting.[/quote]

one time when we were out of milk I substituted apple juice for it on my Cheerios. I was 8, 20 years later and I can still remember how it tasted.

on the not disgusting front: a couple years ago I was making a quesadilla with sharp cheddar and popped in a piece of See's candy (dark chocolate truffle. it was around xmas time) and without thinking I popped in a chunk of cheese (I was hungry...). tasted really good. surprised me.

Wendy's fries dipped in a Frosty = bliss.
I actually introduced JAPAN to this idea last year!
I was at Wendy's with my (now ex-)girlfriend and I was dipping away. I got her to try it - she loved it. Then I noticed a guy across the restaurant staring at me in fear/disgust. Yet he slowly tried dipping one of his fries in his frosty....and couldn't stop! I created an epidemic. :D

Also, the greatest sandwich of all time:

-Hard Salami & 2 Sandwich stacker pickles on White bread

It is the best flavor you could EVER hope to experience.

A surprisingly good dessert:

Matt's Chocolate Chip cookies with Cheez Whiz on top.

I tried it as a dare at a B-day party as a kid and remember it being quite good.

When was younger I would put cookies and cream ice cream on the crust of pizza hut pizza (not the stuffed kind, though). I weirded out people with that one.

I tried twinkie dogs (twinkie slit in half with a hot dog in between topped with cheeze wiz) a while back. I could handle one but that was my limit right there.

Koolickles. It's a southern thing.. my grandmother made them for me all the time when I was a kid. If you don't know what they are.. it's a pickle removed from the brine and soaked in kool aid (any flavor, but tropical is my fav.) for about a week. They are sweet and sour. So awesome! Plus, they absorb whatever color the kool aid was.
I grossed out my co-workers at first, but after they tried them they always asked for me to make more.

I also like grilled cheese with a fried egg and pickles, and cold pasta with vinegar, garlic, and hot sauce.

As a child I would put apple sauce on my hotdogs & dip fish sticks in apple sauce.
Recently a friend of mine & I tried steak ala mode (steak with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top) it was fantastic....

A fresh baguette cut lengthwise, spread on cream cheese, and put pickled sweet red peppers (I think.. they come in a bottle, sold at regular grocery stores...) on it.. make a sandwich out of it.

It was something my mother and sister did when I was younger. I NEVER understood it, but apparently it was tasty.

[quote name='squid']Koolickles. It's a southern thing.. my grandmother made them for me all the time when I was a kid. If you don't know what they are.. it's a pickle removed from the brine and soaked in kool aid (any flavor, but tropical is my fav.) for about a week. They are sweet and sour. So awesome! Plus, they absorb whatever color the kool aid was. [/quote]

Thats' not gross at all, it was even on Good Eats.

The grossest thing about that is the fact that the pickle is blood red.

bread's done
Back