Doom 3 (Xbox) $12 BC - Overstock.com Deal O' the Day 7/5

Status
Not open for further replies.

little_krampy

CAGiversary!
Use the link below to see today's Deal O' the Day.
Every day, Overstock has has a special 1 day deal for a Video Game, DVD, CD, and Book.
The products are revealed earlier in the day, but you usually have to wait till noon and 3PM CST for the deal price to show.
If you see question marks in the price, it means that at time of updating this thread, the deal price was unknown.

Deal O' the Day
Past/Present Deal O' the Days
3/1/06 Spy Hunter (Xbox) $5.00
3/2/06 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: BattleNexus (Xbox) $8.00
3/3/06 Wipe Out CD/DVD Game Repair Kit 2 Pack $4.00 LAME!!
3/4/06 PS2 - Get On Da Mic Bundle (Includes Microphone) $21.95
3/6/06 PS2 - Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando $12.00
3/7/06 PS2 - Yourself Fitness $28.95 Booooooooooo!!
3/8/06 PS2 - TimeSplitters: Future Perfect $16.00
3/9/06 Xbox - Soul Calibur II $10.00 Ain't going to sell too many at that price.
3/10/06 PS2 - Jak II $12.00, Saving Private Ryan (DVD) $6.99 Average deal today.
3/11/06 PS2 - SOCOM II: U.S. Navy SeaLs $12.00
3/13/06 PSP Dock It $3.00, Back to the Future Complete Trilogy (WS/DVD) $18.99
3/14/06 NHL 2K6 (Xbox 360) $40.00
3/15/06 DS - Desert Camo Skin $5
3/16/06 GC - Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles $30
3/17/06 Xbox - TimeSplitters: Future Perfect $16
3/18/06 GBA Video - Pokemon: I Choose You $5 - I think this is less than $2 at CC
3/20/06 PS2 - Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain $8
3/21/06 GBA - Hamtaro: Ham Ham Games $15, Anchorman: Legend of Ron Burgundy Extended Edition (FS/DVD) $4.99
3/22/06 Gamecube - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes $30
3/23/06 PS2 - Total Overdose $20, South Park- The Complete First Season (DVD) $14.99 [OOS]
3/24/06 PSP - Generation of Chaos $20
3/25/06 Xbox - Dead to Rights II $8, Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events (WS/DVD) $4.99
3/27/06 PS2 - TimeSplitters: Future Perfect $15: $1 cheaper than on 3/8
3/28/06 GC -Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory $11, South Park- The Complete Second Season (DVD) $9.99
3/29/06 PS2 - Vietcong: Purple Haze $8
3/30/06 PS2 - Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines $8
3/31/06 PS2 - Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory $11
4/1/06 PS2 - ATV: Quad Power Racing 2
4/3/06 GC - Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles $18
4/4/06 Xbox - True Crime: New York City
4/5/06 Some stupid PSP movie
4/6/06 Some stupid GBA game that's a $10 rip-off
4/7/06 DS - Rub Rabbits $15
4/8/06 Xbox - Cold Fear $9
4/11/06 XBox - Men of Valor $9
4/12/06 DS - Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time $33.49
4/13/06 PS2 - Wild Arms III $11
4/14/06 - Xbox DVD Kit $19
4/15/06 - Witches of the Carribean PSP UMD $4
4/17/06 - F-Zero GBA $17
4/18/06 - Rumble Roses XX (360) $45
4/19/06 - some lame psp accessory
4/20/05 - Spy Hunter (Xbox) $9.50
4/21/06 - Ridge Racer 6 (360) $38.00
4/24/06 - Super Speedway PSP UMD $10
4/25/06 - SpongeBob: Lights,Camera,Pants (PS2) $20
4/26/06 - Curious George (PS2) $22
4/27/06 - Airforce One (PSP-UMD) $5
4/29/06 - 007: Everything or Nothing (Xbox) $8
5/1/06 - Dead to Rights (Xbox) $12
5/2/06 - Karaoke Revolution Country (PS2) $20
5/3/06 - Namco Museum 50th Anniv. Collection (PS2) $8
5/6/06 - UMD Cleaner (PSP) $4

Coupons
Right now there are stackable 10% off and free shipping coupons. Add an item to your cart and check the 'Yes, I have a GC or Promo Code' box. Enter 73622, then continue onto the next screen. Now backup to the cart screen again, uncheck the box and check it again. This time enter 85704. Continue onto the next screen and you should see 10% off and free shipping.

NOTE:
A lot of people haven't been able to get the 10% off coupon to work and once used it can't be used again for the same account. Someone posted that they created another account and it worked, so that may be a way around it.

[quote name='solsovly']FF crystal chronicles only 47 dollars, what a shitty "deal" of the day.[/QUOTE]

It is beyond "shitty".
We need to invent a new term for this crap.

[quote name='rlse9']Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicals for $30 today. Not the deal I was hoping for. Had it been a bit cheaper it might have been worth considering.[/QUOTE]

I know, the videogame deals have been pretty much garbage. EBgames.com sells FFCC for $19.99. Every once and a while there is a good deal on a book or music CD though.

[quote name='takingchase']hmm I wonder why I couldnt get it to work. I entered it in the right place, I've ordered 3 things with the two coupons already.

EDIT: I still cannot get it to work at all.[/QUOTE]
I can't get the 10% to take either. Maybe it's a limited to a certain number of uses per account.

[quote name='little_krampy']bump. Today's deal is alright. See first post for details.[/QUOTE]
Timesplitters again? They're recycling deals?

Not a deal of the day but a good deal posted by hopeunknown in the FYE.com Tetris thread: Overstock has Tetris DS for $25.46 shipped using the 2 code trick.

Maybe it's in this thread somewhere already but I was just mentioning it again in case people like myself didn't follow this thread and see it.

Thanks, just pre-ordered Tetris for $25...saved me from using a $10 reward zone coupon (which will now go towards Metroid!)

Yourself Fitness $28.95 wasn't that bad of a deal. It's one of the more expensive Xbox titles on Ebay and rare in general.

[quote name='radjago']I can't get the 10% to take either. Maybe it's a limited to a certain number of uses per account.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't get 10% with my current account so I just made a new one to use it again.

[quote name='Damian']Today's deal is up. Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain (PS2) for $8. With a 65 on metacritic, I'm thinking I'm going to pass on this one.

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=1583150[/quote]

I played this back when I had a PS2, it's awful......

Anyone preordered from Overstock before? I was curious as to how fast they were at getting the games shipped and stuff. Not really in a hurry just curious, I ordered Tetris DS from them..

I really enjoyed Syphon Filter. It's a niche game for sure...but it's totally unlike anything I've ever played. I liked it.

[quote name='Damian']If anyone's still watching this, today is Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Games (GBA) for $15.[/QUOTE]

This is an awesome game, grab if you don't have it. I've also seen it clearenced at TRU B&M for $10.

Wow, today's deal is MP2: Echoes for $44.29? :shock:

This must be a strange use of the word "deal" that I wasn't previously aware of. :whistle2:s

They are trying to be like www.woot.com ... one cheap item a day until it sells out... they are just not doing a very good job of it. You can't f with deal hunters... we will out you every time! ha ha...

[quote name='shrike4242']Wow, today's deal is MP2: Echoes for $44.29? :shock:

This must be a strange use of the word "deal" that I wasn't previously aware of. :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

A few times I've seen the game come up early and the low price come up later.. I'd wait to see what it does in an hour or so.

[quote name='shrike4242']Wow, today's deal is MP2: Echoes for $44.29?[/QUOTE]

That's not the "deal" price, check back later in the day.

Not sure what's going on with this. First 2 weeks I tracked this Overstock updated all their Deal O' the Day pages on Monday or Tuesday so you could see the deal products for the whole week. Now they're just doing 1 a day. Oooooo...the suspense!! Also their update time has been a lot later. Used to be between 10AM and 1PM but yesterday's didn't update until after 3 or 4PM. Now today, their deal page is still linked to yesterday's. Pretty lame.

I'd say once a week there is 1 decent deal and the rest are either nothing special pricing or products.

See here's a good example of nothing special pricing. Metroid 2 is $19.99 new and $17.99 used at Gamestop.com. No deal today.

Just a quick vent about how much Overstock blows chunks.

Ordered the 360 bundle two weeks ago, they charge my debit card immediately and just today cancel the order. So the one time this shithole of a company actually has a good deal, they refuse to honor it. Now I get to wait 1-2 billing cycles (according to their PR Flack/customer service rep) for my own money to go back into my account so I can use it to buy a system elsewhere.

The sooner this place goes under, the better.

*edit* Sorry, would have put this in the thread that had originally listed the deal but couldn't find it again.

Wow Overstock sucks if that last story if true! I just dealt with them for the first time and they still haven't shipped my Tetris DS. Good thing I bought it from Wal-Mart yesterday whenever the big slow does ship i'll return that copy to Wally World. :)

I can see why they didn't honor your price on the 360, why would they sell a hot item to you at a price they were probably losing some money on? Besides it's not like they advertised it at that price, you got it at that price after using coupon codes.

And yes, Overstocks shipping times are terrible.

Today's Deal is up at the discount price:
Total Overdose (PS2) - $20

Decent, though not fantastic reviews and a new price below used. It actually is a deal today if you're looking for something.

[quote name='$hady']Wow Overstock sucks if that last story if true! I just dealt with them for the first time and they still haven't shipped my Tetris DS. Good thing I bought it from Wal-Mart yesterday whenever the big slow does ship i'll return that copy to Wally World. :)[/QUOTE]

Yea, same here except I didn't have time to grab it from CC yesterday. I'd have already canceled my order except low and behold thye don't let you do that. "We pull and pack your order as soon as it's placed." Yea right. I wish they would just go ahead and cancel my order for me right now.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']Damn, SP S1 is sold out.[/quote]

So I guess that was a good price. Damn. Oh well, there will be a next time.

S1 is the best IMO

[quote name='Johnny Postman']Just a quick vent about how much Overstock blows chunks.

Ordered the 360 bundle two weeks ago, they charge my debit card immediately and just today cancel the order. So the one time this shithole of a company actually has a good deal, they refuse to honor it. Now I get to wait 1-2 billing cycles (according to their PR Flack/customer service rep) for my own money to go back into my account so I can use it to buy a system elsewhere.

*edit* Sorry, would have put this in the thread that had originally listed the deal but couldn't find it again.[/quote]

Same here I bought 3 games they only sent 1 its been almost a month since I recieved the game and I still do not have my money back

[quote name='amusedtoe']This just seems to be heading more and more towards the worst attempt ever to save $7.-_-[/quote]

If I were you I would let the order go through worst case scenario if they mess up and you call them about it and ask for a coupon they will give you a $5-10 coupon. Its better then waiting a long time to get your money back.

[quote name='Johnny Postman']Just a quick vent about how much Overstock blows chunks.

*edit* Sorry, would have put this in the thread that had originally listed the deal but couldn't find it again.[/QUOTE]Ditto here.

Although I didn't have to wait a month for my refund. My card was credited the very next day. Of course I was really nice to the all the reps I spoke to.

Today's deal

3/24/06 PSP - Generation of Chaos $20

And could the OP put the list in reverse order, so the most recent deal is at the top?

[quote name='radjago']Today's deal
3/24/06 PSP - Generation of Chaos $??
[/QUOTE]
He's got 3/24 and 3/25 on there already. You can't see next week's yet as the old ones are still there.

This is a great price for GoC.

From what I've read it's a tactical RPG from the makers of Disgae. But much more tactical. The reviews I've read state that the downside is that it's much too complex for it's own good. There are so many stats and pieces of information and such detail that it hase a steep learning curve. The free mini guide you can download is 81 pages and it's almost a necessity to just learn how to play, it seems.

But this game just came out at the end of February. It hasn't even been on the market for a full month and retails for $40. So I would say this is hot!

Alas, i could only get the free shipping coupon to work, but $20 ain't bad!

I agree with the Admiral assesment...

And from Gamespot.com: 6.6 fair

Aside from the load times, slow-motion battles, and unfriendly interface, Generation of Chaos is presented fairly well. The character sprites are all detailed and the static character portraits look great. As mentioned, the battle effects are great, but you'll eventually probably want to turn them off in the interest of saving time. The audio takes a hit as it's delayed while loading, but it still sounds fair. The music is well done and it accompanies the drama of warfare nicely. The voices are cheesy, and sometimes broken, but occasionally they do end up providing apt character for the associated officers. You can also choose to listen to the Japanese voices if you are so inclined.

[quote name='yuy104']Why is it $18 shipped when it says $20.00 on the Deal O' the Day page?[/QUOTE]

I think he's including the 10% off coupon. But it may be dead. i couldn't get it to work at all. But the free shipping coupon still works.

I completely beat NFS:UGR and Ridge Racer, so I think I can afford to buy Generation of Chaos for myself ... I think my gf will kill me, but oh well. By the way, Dead to Rights II for XBOX seems to already be marked down to $8.00. Another note, I could only get this for $20 and not $18 (read Admiral Ackbar's post). I tried to stack the coupons, and I showed $18.00, but on the last page it still charged me $20. Secondly, the game is now on moderate for sell out risk, so if you want it you should probably order it very soon.

[quote name='yuy104']Why is it $18 shipped when it says $20.00 on the Deal O' the Day page?[/QUOTE]
Read the first post.

Interestingly, the 10% didn't show up on the final order page, but when I go and look at my orders, the 10% actually was taken off...

$18 shipped for this is a steal, at least for me... thanks again OP :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back