Double-Pack Xbox 360 games at Amazon (Prices from $14.99 to $24.99)

benjamouth

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone who doesn't own EDF should buy it for $20. And hey, you get Samurai Warriors 2 as a free bonus!

there goes all my money! great deals, thanks OP!
transparent_pixel.gif

[quote name='SDC']Anyone who doesn't own EDF should buy it for $20. And hey, you get Samurai Warriors 2 as a free bonus![/QUOTE]

Agreement.

Adding to the backlog.

Samurai Warriors 2 and Earth Defense Force. I'm looking forward to these! Says there is only 1 bundle left in stock after I ordered mine.

[quote name='SDC']Anyone who doesn't own EDF should buy it for $20. And hey, you get Samurai Warriors 2 as a free bonus![/quote]

Man speaks the truth

[quote name='joshnorm']Damn it...missed the EDF and Samurai Warriors 2....now I have to wait 3-5 weeks. all well[/quote]
Thank goodness for this. I probably would've ended up biting and I can't afford to do that. I just have no self restraint.

samurai warriors 2 is the only one worth buying to me. koei game has always been a cult favorite. I always enjoy each koei warriors game.

Weird. I don't know if it's because the games are backordered bit with prime the shipping turned out to be minus ten dollars bringing of to 9.99

[quote name='hoi1ma']samurai warriors 2 is the only one worth buying to me. koei game has always been a cult favorite. I always enjoy each koei warriors game.[/quote]

Ahh, so you're guy who keeps buying their games.

[quote name='gobz']Weird. I don't know if it's because the games are backordered bit with prime the shipping turned out to be minus ten dollars bringing of to 9.99[/quote]

Hmmm...I want this discount too?

What two games?

What did you do?

The NBA Street Homecourt & All Pro Football bundle isn't too bad. Have both of those games and they are pretty good. Of course, I picked them both up from Toys R Us a LONG LONG time ago for $10 each or less.

Earth Defense Force is a fun game as well, which I also snagged cheap during a TRU deal. It's a good split-screen co-op game and the scale of some of the monsters & enemies you fight in the game is just crazy. Totally destructible environments as well, which makes for a lot of fun when you're running around with a bazooka and limitless ammo. Nothing like leveling a skyscraper so you can get to the giant alien bug that was crawling on top of it ;) Can't vouch for Samurai Warriors, but EDF is definitely worth $10.

[quote name='kevzik']Hmmm...I want this discount too?

What two games?

What did you do?[/quote]

I have no idea.

1 of: Earth Defense Force & Samurai Warriors 2 [Video Game]
Condition: New
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
$19.99
Amazon Prime: Two-Day Shipping is free

Item(s) Subtotal: $19.99 Shipping & Handling: $0.00 Amazon Prime: -$10.00 ----- Total Before Tax: $9.99 Estimated Tax: $0.00 ----- Grand Total: $9.99

EDIT: I did some searching, it's probably in another thread but apparently Amazon is giving away 10 dollars off to Prime members who bought dog treats or something like that.

EDIT Part 2: Apparently there are a slew of items from around Christmas time as well that involved 10 dollars back. That must be what this is. Since I had both games anyways I just canceled and am getting Disgaea 3 instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the only real complaint about EDF I've heard was that it didn't include online play.

Think I may be tempted to pick it up.

[quote name='benjamouth']Didn't see this posted, Amazon currently have 6 two game Xbox 360 bundles, I thought they were good value

http://www.amazon.com/s/sr=41-20/qi...161,n:14220271,p_4:COKeM International&page=1

Cabelas Alaskan Adventure & History Channel Battle of Pacific
$24.99

The Simpsons and WWE Smackdown RAW 07
$24.99

Earth Defense Force & Samurai Warriors 2
$19.99

NBA Street Homecourt & All Pro Football 2K8
$14.99

Hot Wheels Beat That & Meet the Robinsons
$24.99
transparent_pixel.gif

FIFA Street 3 & Monster Jam
$19.99

EDIT - Thanks to JackNicklson for the nice looking Links (he's smarter than me).[/quote]

Thanks alot for the share.

Got the kid Hot wheels! Lovin it!!

Saint

The EDF/SW2 is a good deal. Basically a free SW2 as incentive for laggards to get the entertaining EDF in their collection.

[quote name='ricoraney']EDF is horrible![/quote]

Totally agree with this. The game is extremely repetitive and boring. The action picks up in the later levels but the framerate drops significantly for an already ugly game.

Don't buy it at any price!

[quote name='Moose_Man']Lol at first glance I thought that said Hot Wheels Beat That Meat.[/quote]

Haha, I was going to post the same thing.

EDF is alright for a joke game for a little while, but I got bored of it in like 15 mins.

[quote name='SpazX']Haha, I was going to post the same thing.

EDF is alright for a joke game for a little while, but I got bored of it in like 15 mins.[/QUOTE]

You played it wrong.

The EDF/SW2 is great, I put well over 100 hours into it. You guys should definitely give it a shot for $20 with a free game, it's so fun!

Damn, I've been kinda wanting to get EDF for awhile. It's got a crazy amount of buzz on CAG. Everytime a deal on it shows up 10 people show up saying how awesome it is.

And to me, peer review beats critical review by a long shot.

[quote name='KingDox']Damn, I've been kinda wanting to get EDF for awhile. It's got a crazy amount of buzz on CAG. Everytime a deal on it shows up 10 people show up saying how awesome it is.

And to me, peer review beats critical review by a long shot.[/QUOTE]

It is a badass game. But it also only fits to a certain crowd.

Packaging it with Samurai Warriors 2 is actually quite fitting, as both titles have many things in common. Repetitive (but enjoyable and satisfying) combat, crappy to mediocre graphics, and awesomely bad voice acting.

I feel bad for anyone who doesn't enjoy either game, as I've spent so many hours enjoying the hell outta both titles.

I don't know about anyone else, but it irks when people are confused between "I don't like this game" and "this game is bad." EDF has a Metacritic rating of 69. Not earth-shattering, but far, far from horrible. There are obviously games that are a lot worse than that on the 360.

Thanks! I was going to grab EDF at $20 anyway. If I can get a second game at that price, all the better. I can always use more co-op titles.

For co-op games, EDF is one of the stupidest, yet most enjoyable ones I've ever played. It's a combination of insane action, constantly looking for that next 'cool weapon', and over-the-top monsters.

That said, I barely enjoyed it single-player. Must play co-op, imo.

[quote name='Joda84']I want more info on the discount for Prime members...[/quote]There is no discount. He got the $10 off anything for buying dog food from some promotion I believe.

bread's done
Back