Download Shiny Beasts, Celebi at GameStop, Ash's Pikachu @ Toys R Us, Victini via WFC

Drclaw411

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Free shiny versions of the three Pokemon (also with special moves) will be available in the new year at GameStop. Raikou from Jan 3-9, Entei from Jan 17-23, and Suicune from Jan 31-Feb 6. In addition, Toys R Us will be distributing Ash's Pikachu from Jan 30-Feb 13. Then, GameStop will again be offering another download (non-shiny Celebi) from Feb 21-March 6.

Celebi can also be had at the Pokemon Mall Tour, and the Legendary Beasts are currently being redistributed over NWFC.

Via Nintendo WiFi connection (yay for not having to go to a store), the first DLC for Pokemon Black & White will be made available in the form of the new psychic & fire type Pokemon, Victini. You will not be able to download Victini directly. It will be an item called a "Liberty Pass" that you'll be able to download via Nintendo WiFi connection, and this item will eventually trigger the unlocking of Victini in the game. The Liberty Pass will be available for download from March 6th-April 10th.

Beasts: http://www.pokemongoldsilver.com/us/#/news/trio/

Ash's Pikachu: http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=4311963

Celebi: http://www.pokemongoldsilver.com/us/#/news/celebi/

Victini: http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/en-us/pokemon/special-encounters/

Also, something to note for those who plan on transfering:

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']There are two methods to migrate Pokemon from Diamond, Peal, Platinum, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver to Black and White: The PokeTransfer (http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokeshifter.shtml) and the Transfer Machine (http://serebii.net/blackwhite/transfermachine.shtml). The PokeTransfer is use to migrate all of your regular Pokemon to Black and White and is accessible only after completing the game. The Transfer Machine is used for migrating the Event Pokemon Raikou, Entei, Suicune, and Celebi and is available only after telling a special phrase to a character in Castelia City.

If you transfer the Event Rikou, Entei, Suicune, or Celebi through the PokeTransfer they will NOT unlock the Zorua and Zoroark Events.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MXRider']Are there any preorder bonuses on Black & White or any deals?[/QUOTE]

Toys R' Us is offering Wall Clings of each game's mascot, respectively.

Target is offering a $5 GC, but as previously stated, it's more like $1 (though does that $1 come off the price?)

The GS poster said that there was an exclusive GS pre-order Pokemon, but after looking through the weekly ad, and from what I know of Pokemon events, I am 99% sure they misunderstood.

[quote name='steve nash']I found a cart for the trio, and one for pichu from last year. Anyone know where I could find a cart for jirachi[/QUOTE]

somebody has one on ebay for $5000. :roll:

[quote name='Spanky']Suicune available now from Nintendo WFC[/QUOTE]

Is it the same as the Gamestop Suicune? Can I redownload a second one?

[quote name='randomdud']Is it the same as the Gamestop Suicune? Can I redownload a second one?[/QUOTE]

Yes it's the same, you cannot get more than one.

[quote name='skiizim']If I downloaded Celibi from a Pokemon event would I be able to to download it from Game Stop too?[/QUOTE]
No. It's the same Celebi, just a different OT.

For some reason this is in the Deal Graveyard. I'll move it back - it seems to be the downloads continue into March so this is stll good, right?

[quote name='io']For some reason this is in the Deal Graveyard. I'll move it back - it seems to be the downloads continue into March so this is stll good, right?[/QUOTE]

yeah, there's still Celebi (starting now) and Victini after that

So where is the best place to get the game? Amazon has a $5 Credit and Target has a $5 Gift Card. Any better promos?

[quote name='Drclaw411']yeah, there's still Celebi (starting now) and Victini after that[/QUOTE]
So is Victini exclusive to Black & White?

I'm guessing it won't be available for the heartgold and the others.

[quote name='Korben']So where is the best place to get the game? Amazon has a $5 Credit and Target has a $5 Gift Card. Any better promos?[/QUOTE]
From what I understand, Best Buy is going to have a better deal than either of them. I want to say it's a $5 GC and then $10 in RZ certs from points.

Then, there's Kmart. Josh/SHC-Gamer has said they're going to have a deal "based on CAG feedback" so that's interesting.

[quote name='Altanis']From what I understand, Best Buy is going to have a better deal than either of them. I want to say it's a $5 GC and then $10 in RZ certs from points.

Then, there's Kmart. Josh/SHC-Gamer has said they're going to have a deal "based on CAG feedback" so that's interesting.[/QUOTE]

We're all waiting in anticipation for the deal reveal tomorrow. It's so good he had to ask for Nintendo approval and they asked him not to reveal it until tomorrow. I assume this is so they can get more pre-order sales at other locations (since K-mart doesn't do pre-orders).

Here's the pre-order offer list:

$5 GC -> Amazon
$5 GC at game-pickup (if you buy a $1 Reservation card, so a total of $4 GC) Deal may only have been for last week though. -> Target
$10 in RZ points -> BestBuy
Reshiram or Zekrom Wall-Cling (depending on version) -> TRU
??? ->K-mart

The best offer so far has been BB, but you can only get it if you don't use any Store Credit or GCs toward your purchase. :/ And even that offer is pretty meh, Nintendo knows it'll sell a million copies, no need for incentive. Even Japan's best offer I saw was a keychain, the offers have been dwindling over the years, HG/SS's figures were okay.. The bright side is that Nintendo knows they'll be hits, so it launches at a lower MSRP, but after that, don't expect the price to EVER go down again until the third version comes out. I still think there'll be a Gray/Grey.

I think the K-mart will be the Buy 1 Get 1 Half-Off that CAGers were suggesting, and that'll be a pretty big deal, but since it's a limit of 2 per person (which also fits into this idea), I'm hoping it won't be gobbled up.

Last thing, Victini will be B + W only (the download is a Key Item to trigger catching it, you know the deal) off of Nintendo WFC, like in Japan. No more HG/SS love, they're skipping the Manaphy event. Celebi (the one if you trade over to B+W, you can catch a Zorua) will be available from GameStop OR from the Mall Tour (which I'll be attending in NJ on the first weekend of March). Not sure which one I should get. x_X

[quote name='Altanis']Then, there's Kmart. Josh/SHC-Gamer has said they're going to have a deal "based on CAG feedback" so that's interesting.[/QUOTE]

I look forward to hearing more about that. :| But it's hard to imagine them handing out anything other than giftcards at this point.
Edit - Oh, B1G1 50% off sounds.. like Best Buy after you put the Gift Cards together. Well still great.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']So is Victini exclusive to Black & White?

I'm guessing it won't be available for the heartgold and the others.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Victini download is exclusive to Black and White. It's not the pokemon or another pokemon to trigger the event, it's a "Key Item" that you use to trigger an event in B/W to capture Victini early on in the game.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']The best offer so far has been BB, but you can only get it if you don't use any Store Credit or GCs toward your purchase. [/QUOTE]

huh? would using a reward zone certificate prevent you from getting the points?

[quote name='keit2208']huh? would using a reward zone certificate prevent you from getting the points?[/QUOTE]

I believe so, I actually read some of the terms of the promo, and that's what I drew from it.

Well, in other news I'll be heading to GameStop on Thursday to pick up the Celebi download.

Sadly, it will likely be the first time in a couple weeks I'd actually played HG or Diamond.

Thanks for the reminder about the new download. Missed the first one by a few days, but at least I'll have the others!

Went to a Gamestop Monday to download Celebi, and my Wondercard(s?) was/were full. Employees were no help. Checked online, deleted wondercards after transfering Pokemans.

Went to another Gamestop later in the day, since it was along my way. No Pokemans available as gifts. Employees were again no help.

I haven't seen any confirmation emails that folks were able to get their Celebis from Gamestop. I've seen info online that state 2/21-3/6 and 2/27-3/7. My luck with GS employees seems to be pretty unfortunate, so I figured I'd check here.

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='dkl415']Went to a Gamestop Monday to download Celebi, and my Wondercard(s?) was/were full. Employees were no help. Checked online, deleted wondercards after transfering Pokemans.

Went to another Gamestop later in the day, since it was along my way. No Pokemans available as gifts. Employees were again no help.

I haven't seen any confirmation emails that folks were able to get their Celebis from Gamestop. I've seen info online that state 2/21-3/6 and 2/27-3/7. My luck with GS employees seems to be pretty unfortunate, so I figured I'd check here.

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Just go to a stop on the mall tour. Free movie! :p

I kid though, Serebii says the event should be live, were you checking Wireless or Nintendo WFC? I'm pretty sure it's always Wireless. Lazy GS people might not have set it up until after President's Day, I guess...
I'll be heading to GS later today (Wednesday) to try and pick it up with the gf and brother in-tow (total of 6 games between the 3 of us). Pretty sure I should have a definitive answer for you after that. ^_^

[quote name='dkl415']Went to a Gamestop Monday to download Celebi, and my Wondercard(s?) was/were full. Employees were no help. Checked online, deleted wondercards after transfering Pokemans.

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

sorry to hear that, deal is live though. my brother and i got ours on monday at the local gs, and a friend got his yesterday

[quote name='GreatDoink']Just got my Celebi! Trying to decide if I want to buy B/W for Vicinti or wait a little longer... decisions, decisions.[/QUOTE]

get it when it comes out. Pokemim game prices never go down.

[quote name='MXRider']get it when it comes out. Pokemim game prices never go down. [/QUOTE]

Agreed, and get it from K-mart. They're supposedly going to have the best offer in the market.

[quote name='gauu']bobby what time travel event thing??[/QUOTE]

If you put the event Celebi on your HG or SS and bring it to the Ilex Forest Shrine, you'll have an in-game event where you go back in time and experience moar plot! (Best part of the event, imo, moar Pokemon plot is always nice.)

[quote name='MXRider']get it when it comes out. Pokemim game prices never go down. [/QUOTE]
Sure they do. HG/SS have had multiple sales in the last couple of months. I got mine from Fry's for 24.99 Other stores have also had sales on them including Amazon.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Sure they do. HG/SS have had multiple sales in the last couple of months. I got mine from Fry's for 24.99 Other stores have also had sales on them including Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Still, B + W are launching @ 35, and they're main series games... so I'm not waiting for a price drop. :p (Especially with the 3DS semi-upgrade.)

[quote name='randomdud']Kmart Black and White sale= mind blown. :D[/QUOTE]

Only if you are purchasing both versions. I personally am buying 2 black & 1 white (1 game each for myself and my kids), so will go with the Best Buy deal of $10 worth of reward zone points for each game preordered up to 3.

[quote name='MXRider']What is it?[/QUOTE]

Get a free cat that looks like pikachu. Adoption fees not included.

"Kmartgamer is pleased to announce that from March 6th through the 12th, with every in-store purchase of Pokemon Black you can receive 50% off Pokemon White. Both are regularly priced $34.99."

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Get a free cat that looks like pikachu. Adoption fees not included.

"Kmartgamer is pleased to announce that from March 6th through the 12th, with every in-store purchase of Pokemon Black you can receive 50% off Pokemon White. Both are regularly priced $34.99."
[/QUOTE]
Forget the bogo50% i want the pikachu.

bread's done
Back