DQ: Rocket Slime and other DS games - 16.96 @ CC B & M (OOS online)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yakkotank

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Drag...60138/catOid/-14261/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do
Update 3/7 - Now OOS online, still good in-store.

A few other DS games have dropped to that 16.96 clearance price, too, including:

MechAssault
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Mech...60706/catOid/-14261/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Pokemon Trozei (OOS, may be good in-store)
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Pok%...42979/catOid/-14261/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Fullmetal Alchemist
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Full...69069/catOid/-14261/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Free shipping on orders over $24...

Okay, last time I fired blind on CAG recommendations, you dudes let me down (Primal [PS2]), but I'm giving you all a second chance.

Nabbed a DQ:Rocket Slime from the shelf where they had not yet been pulled and were still marked $25-ish

got my dq: rs and megaman anniversary xbox ($10 filler, but should be fun) today. shipped much faster than amazon free shipping (ordered friday). love rocket slime so far. thanks OP!

got my DQ from the website yesterday. It arrived at my house after only 3 days from ordering and I chose the cheap $2 shipping. Still had the 34.99 CC pricetag on it as well. Great game, thanks OP!

[quote name='AwRy108']"Castlevania: Dawn of Dreams" is a good fun, but the overall formula is starting to really drag by this point--they used to be my favorite portable games, but I haven't even finished Dawn of Dreams yet...[/QUOTE]
Boy are you confused. The sale is not on any Castlevania games, and you could be talking about any one of them :D

[quote name='Roufuss']Contact is also $16.96, as posted in the other thread.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I got a copy of Contact, and also picked up Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones.

I went to the CC and Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime rang up 16.99.
Also Bubble Bobble revolution rang up 16.99.

[quote name='eldad9']Have they ever fixed all copies of bubble bobble revolution, or do all domestic copies still hang at level 30?[/QUOTE]

Still hang, but Codemasters will replace it and give you a free copy of Rainbow Islands Revolution for your trouble. ;)

Rocket Slime is so great. Got it for full price alongside Okami, and I hardly touched Okami until I completed it. One of the few games that I've bothered to complete 100%. It takes a special game to make you want to collect 100 of the same object by constantly entering/exiting a room over and over again, rinse and repeat. :p

Or maybe I'm just a special person...

[quote name='Pojo']Rocket Slime is so great. Got it for full price alongside Okami, and I hardly touched Okami until I completed it. One of the few games that I've bothered to complete 100%. It takes a special game to make you want to collect 100 of the same object by constantly entering/exiting a room over and over again, rinse and repeat. :p

Or maybe I'm just a special person...[/quote]

It is a blast so far.

But do you SERIOUSLY have to nab 100 of every item for 100% completion? This is fun, but I dunno if it is THAT fun...

[quote name='Cmosfm']Still hang, but Codemasters will replace it and give you a free copy of Rainbow Islands Revolution for your trouble. ;)[/QUOTE]

That makes no sense - if all copies hang, what do they replace it *with*?

I think he means that all (or most) of the copies in stores do it, but they have a corrected version that they can send to people.

Don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread, but Scourge: Hive DS was 12.96 at my CC (Northpoint, Alpharetta, GA). The rest of them were 16.96, so I grabbed Contact and Scourge.

Also got the last copy of Donkey Konga 2 for $15. Whoop!

[quote name='RollingSkull']It is a blast so far.

But do you SERIOUSLY have to nab 100 of every item for 100% completion? This is fun, but I dunno if it is THAT fun...[/QUOTE]Heh, well, if you want these statues, you need to defeat a certain number of enemies. Some alchemy recipes call for a number of items, but I don't think they are necessary for 100% completion.

I guess I was joking? Dunno. Either way, I played it for 30 or so hours.

[quote name='Pojo']Heh, well, if you want these statues, you need to defeat a certain number of enemies. Some alchemy recipes call for a number of items, but I don't think they are necessary for 100% completion.

I guess I was joking? Dunno. Either way, I played it for 30 or so hours.[/quote]

Oh, yeah, I'll match that easily. This game is great.

The following are available at my local CC's, if anyone has trouble finding them:

Contact
Rocket Slime
Phoenix Wright

All are $16.96.

I would pick them up to trade for sealed DS games of lower value (from the BB sale or K-Mart clearance, for example.)

If you need any of these and have multiple cheapy DS games to trade, send me a pm!

[quote name='RollingSkull']Okay, last time I fired blind on CAG recommendations, you dudes let me down (Primal [PS2]), but I'm giving you all a second chance.

Nabbed a DQ:Rocket Slime from the shelf where they had not yet been pulled and were still marked $25-ish[/quote]Rocket Slime will definately do you better than Primal.

Woud you reccomend Rocket Slime for someone who is not a fan of RPG's? I can't tell if it is more of an adventure game or an RPG. Is it turn based?

If you like Zelda you'd probably like Rocket Slime. The main game is more of an action-adventure and the tank battles are like action-RPG sequences. It combines some other different aspects as well (including Pokemon-style collecting and alchemy).

On the other hand it isn't a particularly hard game and it can be a little cutesy. But these are minor complaints.

[quote name='Ranger Rick']Woud you reccomend Rocket Slime for someone who is not a fan of RPG's? I can't tell if it is more of an adventure game or an RPG. Is it turn based?[/quote]

[quote name='Orrimarrko']The following are available at my local CC's, if anyone has trouble finding them:

Contact
Rocket Slime
Phoenix Wright

All are $16.96.

I would pick them up to trade for sealed DS games of lower value (from the BB sale or K-Mart clearance, for example.)

If you need any of these and have multiple cheapy DS games to trade, send me a pm![/quote]

PM'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back