Dr. Pepper issues a challenge to Axl Rose

Mid Boss

CAGiversary!
http://www.spinner.com/2008/03/25/dr-pepper-to-give-away-free-product-if-axl-rose-releases-chine/

Dr. Pepper to Give Away Free Product If Axl Rose Releases 'Chinese Democracy'

Dr. Pepper is imploring Axl Rose to put out his album that's been an astounding 17 years in the making. The creators of the curiously candy-like beverage have promised that if Rose releases Guns N' Roses' 'Chinese Democracy' at any point in 2008, everyone in America will receive a free can of Dr. Pepper.

But free soda aside, the best part about the proposal might just be the way the company is not only relating to, but sympathizing with, the 46-year-old singer. "It took a little patience to perfect Dr Pepper's special mix of 23 ingredients that our fans have come to know and love," said Jaxie Alt, director of marketing for Dr. Pepper -- not even blinking at her nod to the band's 1989 hit 'Patience.' "So we completely understand and empathize with Axl's quest for perfection -- for something more than the average album." What's more? The "everyone" in their promise comes with a big, wickedly funny asterisk: According to the Dr., both Slash and Buckethead will be left off the gift list. Bet they didn't see that coming.

Feel like supporting the cause? Head here to get involved.
:rofl:

[quote name='Strell']Awesome. Axl Rose just dodged a crappy soft drink bullet for me.[/quote]
Dr. Pepper is the bomb.

You know I live in Texas, you know every motherfucker is sipping down that shit, and I can't stand it.

Shit. I think in sixth grade or so we took a class field trip to the Dr. Pepper museum in...what, Waco? And it wasn't even that bad of a trip. I picked up a few factoids of useless info on it that I still remember, such as an early ad campaign that targeted drinking a 'Pepper at 10, 2, and 4, since research confirms (or at the time of the campaign, at least, had confirmed) that our blood sugar levels are lowest at those times, causing drowsiness.

But I hate the stuff. Every friend and family member loves it. Ugh.

Ho ho, I see what you did there.

I wouldn't know, but I'll take Mexican Coke any day of the week. Not turning this into a soft drink fanboyz discussion - I'm just sayin'.

Real sugar > fructose fo'eva.

[quote name='Strell']Real sugar > fructose fo'eva.[/quote]

QFT. I damn near OD'd on Coca-Cola when I was in Jamaica.

There's a brewery here in WI that makes sodas with real cane sugar. Their strawberry is to die for.

[quote name='anomynous']China WILL be a democracy by the time this comes out[/quote]

Way to not read the 2nd post.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Mr Pibb would never do something like this. He's too civilized.[/QUOTE]

Dude didn't even get his degree!

-Mitch Hedberg

[quote name='JolietJake']Dr. Pepper is the bomb.[/quote]

I'd go a step further and say it is the shiznit.

That being said, Strell is right about real sugar being better than syrup. I have been drinking Black Cherry soda from Walgreens and it is made with real sugar. It is one of the best sodas I ever tasted.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I'd go a step further and say it is the shiznit.

That being said, Strell is right about real sugar being better than syrup. I have been drinking Black Cherry soda from Walgreens and it is made with real sugar. It is one of the best sodas I ever tasted.[/quote]I love that stuff, i have some at home. The root beer is good too.

[quote name='PocariSweat']Mexican Pepsi > Mexican Coke[/QUOTE]

Did not know this existed. Will have to hunt some down one day.

[quote name='JolietJake']I love that stuff, i have some at home. The root beer is good too.[/quote]

Oh yeah. I even like the orange creme and strawberry creme sodas they have and I usually don't care for creme sodas.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']I heard Royal Crown Cola is offering a free can to everyone if Tupac can go a year without releasing a new album[/quote]

Hahahahaha.....No free cola for us :/

Pretty funny.

And for once, Strell's right: Dr. Pepper stinks.

I'll give my free one to Buckethead. Why are they excluding him anyways? He shits all over Guns 'n' Roses and 99% of all bands out there.

[quote name='Xevious']Why can't they issue a challenge to the makers of Duke Nukem Forever?!?![/quote]

Limit 1 Trainwreck failure at a time.

[quote name='klwillis45']QFT. I damn near OD'd on Coca-Cola when I was in Jamaica.

There's a brewery here in WI that makes sodas with real cane sugar. Their strawberry is to die for.[/QUOTE]

Sprecher? I had their Ginger Ale before. A bit too spicy, IMO.

I think this promotion is cute, personally. I'll take a free Diet Dr. Pepper.

But, I'll also give them a dollar for it if they stop that fucking awful "Cheers" commercial for it.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Pretty funny.

And for once, Strell's right: Dr. Pepper stinks.

I'll give my free one to Buckethead. Why are they excluding him anyways? He shits all over Guns 'n' Roses and 99% of all bands out there.[/QUOTE]

Buckethead was in GnR.

[quote name='mykevermin']Sprecher? I had their Ginger Ale before. A bit too spicy, IMO.
[/quote]

No, and I concur on their ale but there root beer & creme sodas are good. Not sure if they use cane sugar though.

I was referring to Grays outta Janesville.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Has anyone tried Diet Cherry Chocolate Dr. Pepper? It's like drinking a cherry tootsie pop. Tasty.[/quote]

yes...and it tasted like regular DR pepper.....no cherry taste...

[quote name='klwillis45']No, and I concur on their ale but there root beer & creme sodas are good. Not sure if they use cane sugar though.

I was referring to Grays outta Janesville.[/QUOTE]

Oh, man. That Strawberry soda looks somethin' awesome.

[quote name='Xevious']Why can't they issue a challenge to the makers of Duke Nukem Forever?!?![/quote]

At least with that it is known that it will never come out. fucking Sebastian Bach keeps saying that Chinese Dem. is right around the corner though. I still can't believe that Rose is turning it into a trilogy after he hasn't even finished the first disc.

[quote name='klwillis45']QFT. I damn near OD'd on Coca-Cola when I was in Jamaica.

There's a brewery here in WI that makes sodas with real cane sugar. Their strawberry is to die for.[/quote]

What would that be?

http://www.dublindrpepper.com/

American makers of Dr Pepper with pure cane sugar instead of corn syrup... I like Dr Pepper but with real sugar it is amazing... wife and I went through a ton of that stuff last year

Most times Im at a restaurant I will order water, but if I have to have something with a little flavor I will pick Dr Pepper... if only because my favorite soda Cheerwine is hard to find in this area once again (guess Ill stock up when I pass through the carolinas this summer)

[quote name='Squall835']What would that be?[/QUOTE]

They use cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup, and it tastes about 12 billion times better.

The rumor with Coke was years ago when they came out with new and improved Coke, that it was simply a ploy for the company to make the switch from sugar to corn syrup with a little new and improved coke to throw off the consumers...

[quote name='zman73']http://www.dublindrpepper.com/

American makers of Dr Pepper with pure cane sugar instead of corn syrup... I like Dr Pepper but with real sugar it is amazing... wife and I went through a ton of that stuff last year

Most times Im at a restaurant I will order water, but if I have to have something with a little flavor I will pick Dr Pepper... if only because my favorite soda Cheerwine is hard to find in this area once again (guess Ill stock up when I pass through the carolinas this summer)[/QUOTE]

Cheerwine? Really?

Wow. That shit can stay in the Cackalackeys as far as I'm concerned.

[quote name='zman73']http://www.dublindrpepper.com/

Most times Im at a restaurant I will order water, but if I have to have something with a little flavor I will pick Dr Pepper... if only because my favorite soda Cheerwine is hard to find in this area once again (guess Ill stock up when I pass through the carolinas this summer)[/quote]

Damn I am so tempted, has anyone tried this Dublin Pure Cane Sugar DR Pepper?

bread's done
Back