Dragon Age 2 free pre-order upgrade to Signature Edtion from Amazon - $59.99

Maklershed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
Deal is good until 1/11/11

What you get: For a limited time, pre-order Dragon Age 2 and receive a free upgrade to Dragon Age 2 - Bioware Signature Edition, which contains the full version of Dragon Age 2 plus download codes for a bonus mission and character, a downloadable game soundtrack, an exclusive in-game digital armory featuring multiple weapons, as well as additional downloadable items. Offer ends 1/11/2011.

XBOX 360 - $59.99

PS3 - $59.99

PC - $49.95

signature_edition-p.jpg

[quote name='xenoaroe']Anyone know if this will be available on steam for preorder before 1-11-11?[/QUOTE]
Last I saw on the Bioware forums an official rep said no word on Digital versions yet but they will update when they have info.

[quote name='bigant262']When I pre order something at amazon, do I have to pay right now or pay when it comes out?[/QUOTE]

When it ships

Question for me is, which console will be the "best version." DA1 on PS3 was considered the better version between the two, but also suffered from frame rate and bug issues. 360 looked worse, but had no little to no framerate issues and less bugs.

It sucks for me because I'm almost forced to pre-order before I can see real world comparisons/reviews.

The console versions are going to be more action based than the PC versions. PC will be closer to DA:O in terms of pausing, giving orders, then watching the carnage unfold. Pre-ordered for PC.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']So is this the Collector's Edition or will there be something different?[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered this a couple months back just in case. But I'm hoping they also have a beefier Collector's Edition available. For a free upgrade it has some cool stuff, but I'd much rather have some tangible collector's edition extras as opposed to strictly downloadable stuff. Although, I haven't seen any info on any other versions so far. :cry:

Definitely pre-ordered this. Loved the first game to death.

It's funny because I planned to do four different playthroughs in order to get all the achievements, but after I finished the first time I couldn't bring myself to start a new character. This was my character, this was my story. I didn't want to tarnish it.

It sounds odd, but I was that immersed.

I was trying to decide whether to pre-order or not...but now that I know the bonus character and missions are available separately, I'll likely wait for a sale or clearance on DAII and then wait for a sale on the DLC. Phew, saves me from spending $60 right now!

Would I be correct in assuming the Sig Ed would have a different SKU than the regular edition? I trade in most of my games when I'm done with them and special editions always seem to trade for less than standard editions. I'm thinking I'm better off waiting for the regular edition.

Had this pre-ordered from Amazon for a while :) Wasn't a huge fan of the battle system from the first one. The second one is looking quite interesting to me.

[quote name='Xiemos']Question for me is, which console will be the "best version." DA1 on PS3 was considered the better version between the two, but also suffered from frame rate and bug issues. 360 looked worse, but had no little to no framerate issues and less bugs.

It sucks for me because I'm almost forced to pre-order before I can see real world comparisons/reviews.[/QUOTE]

Preorder both and cancel the one you decide you don't want before it releases. Usually reviews will indicate which console version is better... and those reviews are usually a day or two (at least) before the launch of the game!

Just a suggestion.

[quote name='ShockandAww']The bonus pre-order character/mission will be available as DLC for $7 after the game launches.[/QUOTE]

Do you know where they got the $20 value figure? Are they charging $13 for the soundtrack and in-game items? I believe you, just wondered on the math.

I believe it has been said before, the Signature Edition IS the collectors edition.

I pre-ordered the PS3 version back as soon as the Sig Edition was announced, though i feel all of us pre-ordering through amazon are going to get hosed.

I have a feeling that the reg edition is going to get a $10 or $20 video game credit and all of us who have the sig edition are not going to get it....

[quote name='grrouchie']I believe it has been said before, the Signature Edition IS the collectors edition.

I pre-ordered the PS3 version back as soon as the Sig Edition was announced, though i feel all of us pre-ordering through amazon are going to get hosed.

I have a feeling that the reg edition is going to get a $10 or $20 video game credit and all of us who have the sig edition are not going to get it....[/QUOTE]

There would be nothing stopping you from canceling the signature edition and ordering the regular edition.

"Signature" edition is probably the exact same as Regular edition, except it includes a card or two with DLC codes, maybe a slipcover saying 'signature'. Lowers theirs costs and differentiates the product.
I don't often preorder, and I don't often pay full price for games, but I loved the first one, and while I didn't use much of the bonus equipment, I really liked Shale.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a discount or future purchase credit on the regular, but yeah, until it's ready for shipping you could always cancel the signature edition order.

damn....well im gonna wait for regular edition, ill just buy the extra character dlc sometime later, dont really care about the extra daggers and I like the regular cover better

[quote name='scott_matthews']I pre-ordered this a couple months back just in case. But I'm hoping they also have a beefier Collector's Edition available. For a free upgrade it has some cool stuff, but I'd much rather have some tangible collector's edition extras as opposed to strictly downloadable stuff. Although, I haven't seen any info on any other versions so far. :cry:[/QUOTE]
That was what pissed me off about Red Dead Redemption. The special edition packaging was thick enough that there could've been a CD version of the soundtrack in there, but nope it was some fuckin' download code voucher.:roll:

I still used it, though I've only listened to it maybe once or twice since it's been on my PC.:cry:

Now if you wanna talk about ripoff CE/SE/LE version games, then look at the US version of God Of War III Ultimate Edition versus the European version. The US version received all downloadable codes for the bonus content, while the Euro version not only got either CD's or DVD's for the bonus content, but also had the God Of War Collection game in the package as well.:bomb::bomb::bomb:

Bioware reps have said numerous times on their forums this is the only CE of this game. If you don't preorder before close of business on Monday, then you get just the regular edition.

[quote name='paddlefoot']Do you know where they got the $20 value figure? Are they charging $13 for the soundtrack and in-game items? I believe you, just wondered on the math.[/QUOTE]

I would say that's accurate as I believe the other Bioware soundtracks cost about $10 at launch, and that's for digital versions at Amazon or ITunes.

[quote name='tlwizard']Has there been any mention of Gamestop/Best Buy/Amazon have pre-order DLC bonuses?[/QUOTE]

No the signature edition is the preorder bonus as it's exclusive to Gamestop, Amazon, and the EA Online Store in the US.

Those of you wanting the PC version may want to lock in that Amazon price. Gamestop is selling the PC version for the same $60 as the console versions.

[quote name='Maklershed']PC - $49.95

signature_edition-p.jpg
[/QUOTE]

PC price showing $59.99, same as consoles.

I think when this was first announced some retailers had the $49.99 price for the PC, but I guess it's been corrected. I checked other retailers and they are also showing the $59.99 price, even the EA store.

Pre-ordered the PC version. If a better deal (or just a Steam equivalent) is announced, I can always cancel.

I almost never buy on release date, but I loved the first DA so much, I can't even tell you. I want everything on offer-- every bonus, every DLC, every *everything*-- and I want it now.

[quote name='Mafoofoo']I hate you Amazon for making me buy this. lol[/QUOTE]

Me too. It's EA's fault though. These digital free CE's that make you pay full price. I don't like these, or this trend.

Anyone know of any promo codes that would work with any of the online retailers? I know that in the past gamestop online has had 10% or 20% off codes that worked with pre-orders. That would make it better

I couldn't find a thread on this, but Bioware's deal ends before 01/11 on this. This is available at most major retails as well (Ex. Amazon), so if you were already planning to order this game day 1, may want to do it now.

http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/info/order/

Contains the full version of Dragon Age II plus $20 of additional content including:

• A download code for a bonus playable character and missions
  • Downloadable game soundtrack
  • Exclusive in-game digital armory featuring multiple weapons
  • Additional downloadable items

[quote name='Dalerax']Definitely pre-ordered this. Loved the first game to death.

It's funny because I planned to do four different playthroughs in order to get all the achievements, but after I finished the first time I couldn't bring myself to start a new character. This was my character, this was my story. I didn't want to tarnish it.

It sounds odd, but I was that immersed.[/QUOTE]

I usually feel this way about games too. I typically do not go back and re-play RPG style games because the first time around is "my character, my story". It always feels a little odd going back and playing the same story again with a different guy, it's not the same.

Re: preordering, I am going to pass, especially if the extra character + missions are going to be offered as separate DLC. I won't be playing the game right away, and I can just pick it up later for cheaper and still get the worthwhile extra content via DLC (which I can probably also pick up for sale or with MS points I purchased at a discount). As there is nothing else really compelling about the package other than digital goods, then there is little point for me to preorder if I am not going to play right away. Heck as I have not even played DAO1 yet, I will likely wait for the inevitable "GOTY/Ultimate" edition of this to come out later.

Ruahrc

I hate that the PC version is also $59.95. I was ready to preorder it for $49, but the extra money makes it a deal breaker.

Oh well, ill just grab it when it goes clearance a month after it is released.

I'm very tempted by this since I do love the first, but am trying to convince myself to pass. There will probably be a GotY/Ultimate edition anyway.

[quote name='Gertle627']I'm very tempted by this since I do love the first, but am trying to convince myself to pass. There will probably be a GotY/Ultimate edition anyway.[/QUOTE]

Given the amount of content that came out for the original, I think you're right. I'm tempted to jump on this deal, but I realize that by the time I get around to actually playing the game it won't be a deal anymore!

I pre-ordered yesterday, still not 100% sure of it, tho (I could cancel at any time because it went thru Amazon). The main reason is Dragon Age: Ultimate Edition, which I acquired last year (a coupke of weeks before it ended, and I haven't finished it yet).

The Ultimate Edition has all DLCs in a single package... I wonder if they would the same for Dragon Age 2. But then, I'd probably have to wait a year later...

This is now dead. Only the standard edition is available from now on. There is a bonus though from Amazon for everyone that pre-orders either the signature or standard editions:

Special Pre-Order Offer
Reserve your copy of Dragon Age 2 and receive the in-game Fadeshear Sword and the Lion of Orlais Shield. The sword provides additional damage vs. demons and undead, and the shield provides 2 added rune slots, adds to your health, and improves XP gain. A code to access the bonus content will be e-mailed within two days after your order ships. Existing pre-orders of Bioware Signature Edition will automatically qualify for this offer.

[quote name='ShockandAww']This is now dead. Only the standard edition is available from now on. There is a bonus though from Amazon for everyone that pre-orders either the signature or standard editions:

Special Pre-Order Offer
Reserve your copy of Dragon Age 2 and receive the in-game Fadeshear Sword and the Lion of Orlais Shield. The sword provides additional damage vs. demons and undead, and the shield provides 2 added rune slots, adds to your health, and improves XP gain. A code to access the bonus content will be e-mailed within two days after your order ships. Existing pre-orders of Bioware Signature Edition will automatically qualify for this offer.[/QUOTE]
Hmmmm I hope it gives me two bonuses.my brother is getting it for the pc on my account and im getting it for ps3

[quote name='flatliner718']Hmmmm I hope it gives me two bonuses.my brother is getting it for the pc on my account and im getting it for ps3[/QUOTE]

On many of the Bioware freebie digital weapons/armor downloads, if you're authorized to download it on console, you're also authorized to download it on PC automatically.

[quote name='MSUHitman']On many of the Bioware freebie digital weapons/armor downloads, if you're authorized to download it on console, you're also authorized to download it on PC automatically.[/QUOTE]

On the two items already available to anyone that's the case. Both Hindsight and the Staff of Parthalan are available to you for Xbox 360 and PC. For some strange reason of those two the Staff of Parthalan is also available for PS3 bur Hindsight is not.

If you want go know how to get these go here and click on "Penny Arcade Item" and "Staff of Parthalan" and just follow the instructions. All it takes is signing up for the newsletter.

bread's done
Back