Dragon Age: Origins free unlockables

Diad

CAGiversary!
Hope this qualifies, 3 FREE Dragon Age: Origins (all systems) unlockables. The catch is you have to work for em… Put that free time at work to good use!

Dragon Age Journeys.

-Amulet of the War Mage
+5% to Fire Damage
+5 % to Cold Damage
+5% to Electrical Damage
+5% to Nature Damage
+5% to Spirit Damage

-Embri’s Many Pockets
+5% Fire Resistance
+5% Cold Resistance
+5% Electricity Resistance
+5% Nature Resistance
+5% Spirit Resistance

-Helm of the Deep
+2 Constitution
+10 Mental Resistance
+10 Physical Resistance

http://www.dragonagejourneys.com/

If you already beat the game and didn't get all 5 achievements can you go back in the same play through and try again? I need to get the bard, kill an ogre with full health, and kill 2 (or is it 3?) enemies with 1 attack.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']If you already beat the game and didn't get all 5 achievements can you go back in the same play through and try again? I need to get the bard, kill an ogre with full health, and kill 2 (or is it 3?) enemies with 1 attack.[/QUOTE]
yes, u can load the playthrough and it will start where u defeated the last ogre. but im not sure if you will be able to find an ogre to defeat. and its 2 enemies in one attack, mage has a nice attack to do it.

[quote name='Tavohl']yes, u can load the playthrough and it will start where u defeated the last ogre. but im not sure if you will be able to find an ogre to defeat. and its 2 enemies in one attack, mage has a nice attack to do it.[/QUOTE]

I cannot seem to go back to the town to get the Bard though, any tips?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I cannot seem to go back to the town to get the Bard though, any tips?[/QUOTE]

It's not letting you walk into the town, and/or you can't click the Quick Travel button to go back, or what's preventing you from returning? Is Green Arrow (the bard) just not there?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I cannot seem to go back to the town to get the Bard though, any tips?[/QUOTE]

Really? I was surprised that was even an achievement. Maybe you can only get him during a certain point in the game? All I remember was I saw him, I talked to him, and as long as you were nice to him (and I suppose don't call him "Spoony") he would join you (Achievement unlocked). But maybe there is some limitation I didn't notice?

It is only during certain part of the game, He would not talk to me the first few times I tried to talk to him.

I registered the Xbox 360 version of the game on the Bioware site and I've tried uploading the character from the PC character generation application (not the full game) but it's not showing up. Do I just need to try again or is there some trick to getting that to work?

thanks that helped - I had to go back and start a new game and play through as a mage and finally was able to get two at once. Now I have unlocked all three things. I tried to upload my character creation but it says it times out. I'll try again later.

I don't have the game yet. How do I get my items that I've unlocked in my game? (xbox 360 version)

[quote name='bordjon']thanks that helped - I had to go back and start a new game and play through as a mage and finally was able to get two at once. Now I have unlocked all three things. I tried to upload my character creation but it says it times out. I'll try again later.

I don't have the game yet. How do I get my items that I've unlocked in my game? (xbox 360 version)[/QUOTE]

Oh, you don't get a mage NPC in the other playthroughs? That's pretty lame. Seems like a mage can do all the achievements in one game then, vs. any other class not being able to get that one :p

Glad I started as a mage.

None of this stuff will unlock in my game, despite me registering it and everything. Does it only work if you created the account before you made a new character?

yeah I got a mage as a warrior - forgot his name but he's the first npc you get. I just didn't lvl him up the right way and didn't want to deal with him so I just started a new game ;)

Anyone get one of these:
"UNRECOGNIZED ITEM
An unknown promotional item has been found. Urecognized items will still be available and recognized by the system and game they are intended for."

lol.

[quote name='Izod517']Anyone get one of these:
"UNRECOGNIZED ITEM
An unknown promotional item has been found. Urecognized items will still be available and recognized by the system and game they are intended for."

lol.[/QUOTE]

Think that is your Amulet of the War Mage . You might have to contact support to have them transform that item into a useful one.

SAme thing happened to me.. (as well as lots of others i assume)

Still have that item, but now also have the Amulet of the War Mage as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jonlubbe']Think that is your staff of the magi. You might have to contact support to have them transform that item into a useful one.

SAme thing happened to me.. (as well as lots of others i assume)

Still have that item, but now also have the staff of the magi as well.[/QUOTE]

Staff of the magi, what? How do you normally get that item?

[quote name='Raikoh']Staff of the magi, what? How do you normally get that item?[/QUOTE]

sorry, had the items confused in my head. should be Amulet of the War Mage. the other item is from FF12

[quote name='lobitoh']is it still late to aacquire the dagger?[/QUOTE]

I registered my game on Dec 1. Today, I went to live customer support on the Dragon Age Origins website, and the online support guy unlocked it for me during the chat session. You could try talking to customer support live.

I have yet to acquire Helm of the Deep. Currently 2 out of the 5.

Having trouble beating groups of 3 breasts. What did you equip yourself with? One strike from one of those breasts took out half the health.

[quote name='eau']I have yet to acquire Helm of the Deep. Currently 2 out of the 5.

Having trouble beating groups of 3 breasts. What did you equip yourself with? One strike from one of those breasts took out half the health.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you're playing a much more interesting version of the game than me. :)

LOL I thought the same thing. Of note they've released chapter 2 I believe. Which may be nice for people who have done the ogres yet? IDK I'm just hopeful. Maybe I misread that email, but oddly enough they unlocked helm of the deep for me even though I didn't do the ogre part. They also list different requirements now to get them. Weird.

I hope at some point down the road BioWare releases a lot of the promotional items they had, much like Sucker Punch is going to do soon with the Gigawatt Blades from inFamous. I haven't had any luck getting the PS3 codes from any local GameStops, and the only half-sane eBay auction I saw had the Feral Wolf Boots/Memory band for $9.

Yeah I'd REALLY like a Feral Wolf / Memory Band for the X360, but I'm pretty adverse to preordering anything... poor choice on my part so I'll just whine about it. =\ Le sigh.

--Edit: I realized this might have come off rude. This wasn't meant to sound rude to you Nirron, I'm not mocking, I really do want them dammit. Stupid internet lacking inflection and tone!

[quote name='Izod517']Yeah I'd REALLY like a Feral Wolf / Memory Band for the X360, but I'm pretty adverse to preordering anything... poor choice on my part so I'll just whine about it. =\ Le sigh.[/QUOTE]

I don't mind preorders getting free DLC, but exclusive DLC really sucks.

It's worse when something is "exclusive" like the Cardboard Tube Samurai skin for Tekken 6. I bought a code off of eBay at launch, but as of yesterday it's free on PSN. I was waiting for the game to drop in the $30 range, but I didn't want to miss the opportunity for Penny Arcade DLC. I know no one "owes" us anything, but I feel like developers should advertise bonuses as "exclusives" or "timed exclusives."

Ugh. Anyway, I agree. As focused as Bioware is on DLC I can imagine the preoroder stuff either being sold or bundled with future quest packs.

[quote name='ViolentLee']If you bought the game new and downloaded the freebie stuff included, you also need to be logged onto Live in order to play anyway. Found that out the hard way.[/QUOTE]

On the PC Gamer Podcast, Episode 202 "Dog Violator" they said the PC version is the same way. Just a heads up.

[quote name='Ganelon']This is the page for checking your DLC content (after logging into your EA/Bioware account): http://social.bioware.com/user_entitlements.php

I emailed about the missing Amulet of the War Mage on 11/25 but haven't heard anything back yet. It still appears as "UNRECOGNIZED ITEM" for me.[/QUOTE]

All that shows up for me is "The Edge." I'm gonna have to send an email I guess, but I gotta finish my Mass Effect playthrough first. I'm not in a rush.

I completely forgot that I'm only half way through Mass Effect. I've got to stop buying games... I really like your opinion on DLC - it's nice to see a gamer who doesn't feel entitled.

[quote name='WebScud']I don't mind preorders getting free DLC, but exclusive DLC really sucks.

It's worse when something is "exclusive" like the Cardboard Tube Samurai skin for Tekken 6. I bought a code off of eBay at launch, but as of yesterday it's free on PSN. I was waiting for the game to drop in the $30 range, but I didn't want to miss the opportunity for Penny Arcade DLC. I know no one "owes" us anything, but I feel like developers should advertise bonuses as "exclusives" or "timed exclusives."

Ugh. Anyway, I agree. As focused as Bioware is on DLC I can imagine the preoroder stuff either being sold or bundled with future quest packs.[/QUOTE]

I think Dragon Age is probably the best example of how to NOT do pre-order DLC. Look at their website and how many different items were available from different retailers. You barely even knew the stats on the stuff or what they did. I was thinking along the same lines you were as well regarding releasing it as a big bundle or something later on down the line.

It seems to be a trend to bring pre-order DLC to the masses sometime later down the line. Next week the GS pre-order for inFamous (Gigawatt Blades) is going up, while they have the Marvel UA 2 Juggernaut character already available, and the Weapon X Arena GS pre-order bonus is available to buy as well. Maybe, just MAYBE, developers see that exclusive pre-order DLC really pisses a lot of people off that they're denied content.

You hit the nail on the head about the developers at least alerting us of their intentions regarding pre-order DLC post-launch. I really don't see the harm in announcing maybe 2-3 weeks after the game has been out that they're working on bringing those items/areas for those who didn't pre-order. That way I could wait, the people who got their pre-order DLC "free" wouldn't be pissed after that much time passed, and I wouldn't have to scrounge through listings on eBay to see that $44 BIN auction for Lion's Paw Boots.

[quote name='dacool561']If you are playing on the PC, you can manually install these free unlockable items without any of the work plus more if you follow the instructions at:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/58/index/81613

Scroll down to the 4. Addtionnal procedures and methods used for reference on specific issues.

These are the ones that worked for me:

DAO_PRC_PROMO_EDG - The Edge
DAO_PRC_PROMO_EMB - Embri's Many Pockets
DAO_PRC_PROMO_HOD - Helm of the Deep
DAO_PRC_PROMO_LNP - The Lion's Paw
DAO_PRC_PROMO_VGL - Mark of Vigilance
DAO_PRC_PROMO_WAR - Amulet of the War Mage[/QUOTE]
Just started the game last night and I can confirm that all of the following will work if you follow the instructions:

DAO_PRC_PROMO_LKS - The Lucky Stone
DAO_PRC_PROMO_WAR - Amulet of the War Mage
DAO_PRC_PROMO_WKD - The Wicked Oath

There's nothing special you have to do other than install via the daupdater (just choose open with daupdater when downloading) and all become unlocked instantly. Wasn't the Lion's Paw supposed to be for Amazon pre-orders? Lol at that!

Thanks OP. I will try it out soon and move this game to the top of my backlog priority. I will also being getting the Warden DLC soon (probably with the Target deal for free 1600 MS points w/purchase of 360 hardware).

I guess I can't use the Character Creator, I downloaded it and it says I need a video card. I wanted to get the Lucky Stone Ring bonus download. Any other way to get it?

[quote name='cag1000']I guess I can't use the Character Creator, I downloaded it and it says I need a video card. I wanted to get the Lucky Stone Ring bonus download. Any other way to get it?[/QUOTE]

Sadly no unless you have a PC. I have the creator, but can't get it to upload.

I was so excited to do this stuff until i actually started the game. I can not even see myself playing more then 5 mins of this.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I was so excited to do this stuff until i actually started the game. I can not even see myself playing more then 5 mins of this.[/QUOTE]

Felt that the first time.. I created a Dalish Elf..going for Ranged Rogue..played for an hour and thought the game was garbage.. Went back a few weeks later, made a Dwarf Rogue and it was pure gaming bliss from then on. Logged over 100 hours on 3 characters, I even purchased the 2 DLCs (Warded Keep and Return to Ostagar). I think what kept me playing on my dwarf Rogue (Dwarf Noble Origin) was I wanted to go back and kill my brother lol.

[quote name='FlipSide']Felt that the first time.. I created a Dalish Elf..going for Ranged Rogue..played for an hour and thought the game was garbage.. Went back a few weeks later, made a Dwarf Rogue and it was pure gaming bliss from then on. Logged over 100 hours on 3 characters, I even purchased the 2 DLCs (Warded Keep and Return to Ostagar). I think what kept me playing on my dwarf Rogue (Dwarf Noble Origin) was I wanted to go back and kill my brother lol.[/QUOTE]

I think he meant the web game.

Are the web game exclusive items still available? I tried playing it before but I couldn't get into it. Kinda want the items, but don't want to play it, haha.

[quote name='matthewrex']Are the web game exclusive items still available? I tried playing it before but I couldn't get into it. Kinda want the items, but don't want to play it, haha.[/QUOTE]

They were as of like December. I imagine they still are. Most are actually pretty easy to get - maybe an hour of playing that game at most. I think one was trickier but they keep changing the requirements to the point that I have no idea now.

Edit: Yeah, one you get just for signing up, one you get for rescuing the Gray Warden which is a joke (like 15 mins of play), and the last you have to get all the achievements which takes longer and does require you to beat it. The only achievement that is even hard though is the one to kill an Ogre with all party at full health (make sure you keep everyone healed and use push-back stuff like Mind Blast and it's not bad though).

Also of note, the "all achievements" one is the Helm of the Deep which seemed less useful to me. There are tons of helms in the game, but fewer belts and amulets, which means you'll replace the helm way sooner than the other two. It's also a plate helm which is only going to be used by warriors anyways.

[quote name='Jodou']Just started the game last night and I can confirm that all of the following will work if you follow the instructions:

DAO_PRC_PROMO_LKS - The Lucky Stone
DAO_PRC_PROMO_WAR - Amulet of the War Mage
DAO_PRC_PROMO_WKD - The Wicked Oath

There's nothing special you have to do other than install via the daupdater (just choose open with daupdater when downloading) and all become unlocked instantly. Wasn't the Lion's Paw supposed to be for Amazon pre-orders? Lol at that![/QUOTE]

Heh, I'll give that a try when I get my new PC up and running.

I got the "Amulet of the War Mage". The "Embri's Many Pockets" is the only other item I'd want. Is that the one for rescuing the Grey Warden?

Thanks for the info. :D

[quote name='Warlock82']They were as of like December. I imagine they still are. Most are actually pretty easy to get - maybe an hour of playing that game at most. I think one was trickier but they keep changing the requirements to the point that I have no idea now.

Edit: Yeah, one you get just for signing up, one you get for rescuing the Gray Warden which is a joke (like 15 mins of play), and the last you have to get all the achievements which takes longer and does require you to beat it. The only achievement that is even hard though is the one to kill an Ogre with all party at full health (make sure you keep everyone healed and use push-back stuff like Mind Blast and it's not bad though).

Also of note, the "all achievements" one is the Helm of the Deep which seemed less useful to me. There are tons of helms in the game, but fewer belts and amulets, which means you'll replace the helm way sooner than the other two. It's also a plate helm which is only going to be used by warriors anyways.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='matthewrex']I got the "Amulet of the War Mage". The "Embri's Many Pockets" is the only other item I'd want. Is that the one for rescuing the Grey Warden?

Thanks for the info. :D[/QUOTE]

Yup, Embri's Many Pockets is the one that just requires you to rescue the Grey Warden. Easy to do, and the item is useful for most of the game.

Awesome, thanks. I found the Dragon Age Collector's Edition on Amazon Warehouse for $50. It was listed as "Used - Acceptable" because it has a scratch on the box / no wrapping. I'm hoping it includes all the DLC and was just a return for the damaged packaging. If so, I got a great deal and I'll be able to sell my standard edition.

If not, I'll just return it. :roll:

[quote name='Jugglenaut']Yup, Embri's Many Pockets is the one that just requires you to rescue the Grey Warden. Easy to do, and the item is useful for most of the game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Fount']I think he meant the web game.[/QUOTE]

Yes the web game is what i was talking about. The 360 DA:O is amazing and love it to death. The web game all i can is wow this game would turn me off buying the game if i played this first. I am happy i did not know about this until now. I do love the fact you can get dlc content for doing this game. I spent 30 mins yesterday trying to get them. I got 2 but i can not see myself getting all achievements to get the last item. It killed me playing 30 mins alone. If there is a trick to getting the last item in a short time i would maybe get my nephew to do it for me. :)

Having a great deal of fun w/ Journeys, really well made. Says the DLC expires 6/20/10. Probably already asked, but can I rent the game to get access w/ no further cost or does EA have something similar to the Cerberus Network in place for DA:O?

bread's done
Back