Dragon Age: Origins - PC Version $34.99 at Amazon

Man, they can do better than this IMO. It's hard to resist such lukewarm prices because there's practically no deals on PC games. I mean this is only $2.49 less than Steam.

Really good price, but I'm holding at for $30.

If it doesn't hit that this weekend I'll probably just wait for the GOTY version that is destined to come out with all the DLC next holiday season;)

I also picked up call of juarez for the PS3 for $19.99, with both games in the cart I got an extra $10 off for the discover card bonus bringing the total to $44.98, so it can be looked at as though I got Dragon age for $24.99

got my copy off steam with ME for $35

If the physical copy price isnt that much for you, Id say get it. Its an amazing game

[quote name='Green Card200']Now if the collectors was $35-$40 I would've bought it.
1.gif

[/QUOTE]
Same here, I would have jumped on this as well.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Well, there goes my chance to sell my physical copy before the steam sale ends so I can buy it on steam :([/QUOTE]

I'm new to PC gaming, and I'm wondering why you'd prefer to have the game thru Steam rather than the physical media?

[quote name='Cheapgamerz']I'm new to PC gaming, and I'm wondering why you'd prefer to have the game thru Steam rather than the physical media?[/QUOTE]
Lol now you've done it.

[quote name='Cheapgamerz']I'm new to PC gaming, and I'm wondering why you'd prefer to have the game thru Steam rather than the physical media?[/QUOTE]
-Instant download, so no having to wait for it to come in the mail or having to go to a store to buy it.

-No tax (unless you live in one of those states that charges tax on online purchases)

-No shipping prices, either.

-Don't have to go hunting for installation discs and the case with activation code in order to reinstall a game on a computer or install on another.

-No worries about a damaged disc, either.

I game on a laptop, and having to carry around discs to play different games sucks. Steam = no discs = win for me.

[quote name='Ryukahn']I game on a laptop, and having to carry around discs to play different games sucks. Steam = no discs = win for me.[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure you don't need to have discs in order to play everytime. o_o

[quote name='Tsukento']Pretty sure you don't need to have discs in order to play everytime. o_o[/QUOTE]

Dragon Age requires the disc in the drive.

i enjoy having a central hub with all my games listed, automatically updated and available to reinstall anytime i wish (obviously it requires a download) it is also helpful since i travel a lot, and even when in my hometown im not always home, so this lets me install/play my games without need for any disks.

The community is amazing, it has an excellent built in chat/friend system which tells you what your friends are playing with the option to invite/join.

really, i have moved over to steam for everything save for RPGs since i do miss the physical CE bonuses/maps etc.

[quote name='Tsukento']While too hopeful, if it were at least $25 - $27, I'd have bitten.[/QUOTE]
That's what I'm waiting for too. I'm in no hurry though. Plenty of other games to keep me busy for a while.

[quote name='Jodou']You can always DL a no-DVD crack or mount a backup ISO.[/QUOTE]

Not sure its a good idea to be advising the use of 'cracks', 'patches' should be ok though. :)

[quote name='Jodou']You can always DL a no-DVD crack or mount a backup ISO.[/QUOTE]

You have to be logged in to the servers in order to access any of the DLC (even the DLC that is included in the retail copy) so I'm not sure if it would work with your solution.

[quote name='Ryukahn']You have to be logged in to the servers in order to access any of the DLC (even the DLC that is included in the retail copy) so I'm not sure if it would work with your solution.[/QUOTE]

Nope it works fine. I downloaded the Shale pack with no problems. It doesn't care if you have a CD crack.

bread's done
Back