Dragon Quest 11 (PS4) $19.99/15.99 - Bestbuy

Wow, finally dropped to 20, but after a few days of GCU expiration day, so no more extra discount :/

Still bought it, great game.

I’m not real familiar with the DQ games. Are they super grindy? The grind of Persona 5 caused me to stop playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been waiting since I missed the Black Friday price.

Picked up La Noire, Mega Man 11, and Dragon Quest 11. Just need a $50 ps4 pro discount now.

I’m not real familiar with the DQ games. Are they super grindy? The grind of Persona 5 caused me to stop playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes.

Also a Definitive version is coming this Fall on the Switch that includes new characters and scenarios and other extras if you want to wait it out.

Yes.

Also a Definitive version is coming this Fall on the Switch that includes new characters and scenarios and other extras if you want to wait it out.
You definitely do not have to grind in DQ11 to get through the main quest if you don't want to. If you play with hard mode on, sure, you may have to grind some. If you play through without the hard mode enhancements on, you certainly do not have to grind. It's actually quite easy IMHO.

In either case, if you want to do the post-game content, you will have to grind some.

Price is up to $29.99
I'm guessing the $19.99 was an error, considering how quickly it was fixed. Had I not picked it up at $24 a few months back, I would have most certainly jumped all over the $16 this morning (both prices reflect GCU).

Very good price for a great game if you like old school JRPGs! It took me around 100 hours for the platinum. DQ is one of the few game series that I can’t put down once I start playing the game.

Not grindy at all unless you play with the Hard Mode quest on, or if you’re going for the platinum. Most of the side quests are straight forward and easy to do. Even with my platinum, I only spent 4-5 hours grinding out levels and materials and had fun doing it.

Couple things to know before playing DQIX.

* Dravanian Quest Settings can only be enabled when creating your game.

* You can turn them off anytime however.

* If you're an oldschool JRPG player, you should probably turn on super hard monsters. The difficulty level is very satisfying.

* Super Hard Monsters does more than just add extra damage, some creatures get extra turns and resistances.

* The only reward for playing with difficulty settings on is a graphical one by your save file, there are no trophies for it.

* The game is long and if you're trying to 100% it, you can go pretty leisurely and not worry about missables.

* You have longer to complete quests than it seems generally, and mini-medals can be farmed at endgame easily from a mob so you don't need to find them all.

I would generally avoid looking up spoilers online. There are a few good gotcha moments throughout the story that are pretty fun to experience organically. DQXI's one of my favorite games of the past 5 years. I hope you all enjoy it too. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My copy has been sitting in my backlog since Black Friday along with my copy of Dragon Quest Heroes 1 and 2. Does the difficulty setting change anything with drops or rewards for materials in DQ11? 

My copy has been sitting in my backlog since Black Friday along with my copy of Dragon Quest Heroes 1 and 2. Does the difficulty setting change anything with drops or rewards for materials in DQ11?
Nope. The difficulty setting is for challenge only. There's no benefit to toggling it on otherwise. I do think the earliest chapters are way more fun with it on though.

Increasing the difficulty is 100% worth it. I restarted to turn the hard mode options on because I found it to open easy. It’s a great and appropriate challenge with some of them on. Just know going in you’ll need to do some grinding.

Increasing the difficulty is 100% worth it. I restarted to turn the hard mode options on because I found it to open easy. It’s a great and appropriate challenge with some of them on. Just know going in you’ll need to do some grinding.
This. The only reason I'd ever suggest playing with super hard monsters turned off is if...

1) You get stuck. Turn it off if that happens. (Do this at the church)

2) You hate grinding at all. If this is the case, you should also avoid excess field encounters to keep the challenge up.

3) You're in the last third of the game. You'll know it when it happens, and this part of the game is pretty hard even without that toggled.

persona 5 isnt even a grind heavy game especially compared to the others lol
At least not unless you count doing social links and stat stuff as grinding. Barring you play on the highest difficulties then yeah you probably need to grind to tackle story stuff. Otherwise the only grinding would be optional to get enough levels for some personas. Though at best you only need to hit around level 65-70 in my experience for that. Really though 3-5 are pretty easy. Probably the hardest of the bunch would be 3 vanilla/fes because ai only dumb party members.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up, it has been regular edition, no more Light edition, I know the dlc it's just a minimum starting bonus but still I wanted it :/

do you guys think the definitive edition will release on PS4 or is it going to be Switch exclusive?
I looked into this a great deal before going out to buy the game and convinced myself to just buy the Switch version. While the graphics aren’t better than PS4’s, the Switch version is definitive and unfortunately exclusive. I believe I read that the Switch version is published by Nintendo, and there would be little reason for SE to go back and re-release the game on PS4 when it’s supposed to help drive sales for the console.

bread's done
Back