Dragon Quest IV Nerfed: Official Thread

Chapter 6 is such a grind, I don't think I'm going to bother. I looked at a guide and I need about 5 more levels to even have a chance of beating Foo Young and Chow Mein.

I'm in chapter 5 and I seem to be stuck with Alena Borya and Kyril as my party. They had to jump in when Hero, the Twins and Torneko got wiped out in a fight. Now the game won't let me set my part back to the way it was.

Help?

[quote name='Vegan']Chapter 6 is such a grind, I don't think I'm going to bother. I looked at a guide and I need about 5 more levels to even have a chance of beating Foo Young and Chow Mein.[/QUOTE]
It's worth it IMO.
[quote name='steveovig']Was Chapter 6 in the original DQIV?[/QUOTE]
No, only in the PSONE remake.
[quote name='Flak']I'm in chapter 5 and I seem to be stuck with Alena Borya and Kyril as my party. They had to jump in when Hero, the Twins and Torneko got wiped out in a fight. Now the game won't let me set my part back to the way it was.

Help?[/QUOTE]
Did you revive them at church?

EDIT: You have to be on the world map to access the wagon and change your party. Did not know that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I need some help. I'm at the end of Chapter V. I can get the boss to his last form but he manages to just keep wiping me out.

My Hero is level 33 and rest of my party is 32-36. Am I underleveled? (I can't remember what I did in the NES days with him). Any tips would be awesome.

My main party is Hero, ALena, Maya, and Kiryl.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Ok I need some help. I'm at the end of Chapter V. I can get the boss to his last form but he manages to just keep wiping me out.

My Hero is level 33 and rest of my party is 32-36. Am I underleveled? (I can't remember what I did in the NES days with him). Any tips would be awesome.

My main party is Hero, ALena, Maya, and Kiryl.[/QUOTE]

I had a lot of trouble with him too.

I recommend using Hero, Alena, Ragnar, and Kiryl. Make sure everybody is around 36-38. Give Alena or Ragnar a Sage's Stone and and have them use it with kiryl's multiheal when the boss hits you hard, otherwise have both of them attack. Don't bother with buffs other than insulate- he'll just nullify them in the last form. Switch out Kiryl with Meena to keep insulate up.

I struggled alot around 34 with this boss, but if everybody was 36-38, it was much easier. Having Ragnar instead of a nuker made it easier too. Give Ragnar a miracle sword to keep his HP up too.

[quote name='2DMention']I had a lot of trouble with him too.

I recommend using Hero, Alena, Ragnar, and Kiryl. Make sure everybody is around 36-38. Give Alena or Ragnar a Sage's Stone and and have them use it with kiryl's multiheal when the boss hits you hard, otherwise have both of them attack. Don't bother with buffs other than insulate- he'll just nullify them in the last form. Switch out Kiryl with Meena to keep insulate up.

I struggled alot around 34 with this boss, but if everybody was 36-38, it was much easier. Having Ragnar instead of a nuker made it easier too. Give Ragnar a miracle sword to keep his HP up too.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'll grind up to 36 or so, then give it another go.

bread's done
Back