Dragonball Z Season 2 Price Mistake at bestbuy.com only 7.99

[quote name='Caliburn']Made two separate orders, each for in-store pickup and I just got confirmation that both are ready.

Guess my luck's changing since they didn't even have Avatar yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Just got the same email that this one is ready. Took them under 20 minutes to confirm an in store pickup!

I will go tonight and pick it up, since they can't up the price or cancel it on me since the order, at this point, is already done, just waiting for me to go get it.

Thanks OP, this one is as good as bought already for me ;)

jus got confirmation that mine is ready to pick up :whistle2:D

and i doubt they will cancel my order just suddenly...but again...i won't be able to make it there until about Thursday or Friday morning...*prays*

[quote name='trunks982']It says Dragon Ball in the title. It doesnt say Dragon Ball Z though. But the picture shows Dragon Ball Z.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter, they go by UPC's and there is no Dragon Ball Season 2 - they are getting these done so fast because they are just going to the new release wall and grabbing it, usually most in store pickups take awhile for me because they have to go track down the items.

This is the quickest I've ever seen them confirm one. Also, in my order summary on BestBuy.com, it has the same sku as the Season 2 DVD.

Animemaniac14, I'm 99% certain they can't do anything to your order anymore, in effect you've already bought it, you just need to go to the store to pick it up, and you have 7 or 10 days to do it in. If the price goes up, you don't get charged extra.

[quote name='brian101']if you order and they have a price mistake do you have to pay for their mistake later on?[/QUOTE]

No, the worst that will happen is they'll cancel the order. And Best Buy quite often gives a consolation promo codes. I've gotten $5 codes at least twice from canceled price mistake orders.

[quote name='wubb']No, the worst that will happen is they'll cancel the order. And Best Buy quite often gives a consolation promo codes. I've gotten $5 codes at least twice from canceled price mistake orders.[/QUOTE]

But they won't cancel if it's already ready for pickup in store, the deal is considered done, just waiting on your pickup. Those are already considered "shipped", as it were.

They will probably cancel out all the ones on the website waiting to be shipped, though.

i hope they cancel all the ones where people ordered MORE Than 1...i honestly DO NOT want stupid SD'ers to take full advantage of this deal...they're all a bunch of immoral, lowlife, scum of the earth who live in their mother's basement watching tivo (for free), eating sushi and ramen, and refreshing the SD forums every 5 secs so they can resell every PMed item on ebay for 3x it's normal price...well at least..MOST of the SDers...i know im generalizing here...but so sue me

In for two. I hope to sell one for $25 profit so I can buy Season 1 off Amazon for $5 out of my pocket. I checked the runtimes off Amazon so 1700 minutes of DBZ for $13 = WIN.

[quote name='D_Icon']With in store pick-up can't I just pay them cash when I go get the DVDs?[/quote]

No, you have to enter your CC info before you can complete the order.

glad it's sold out so the frikin SDers can stop taking EVERY COPY...which is probably the reason it got sold out...

man...i wonder how the manufacturer is going to react to best buy's price mistake...i mean i'd guess quite a few people jumped on the deal...and most of the stores are probably going to be sold out of the copies in-store as a result of this...

Yep... SD played a good part, but I bet CAG did as well since many people aren't posting (61 replies, most from the same people, 933 views) and it's likely replicated on FW since SD has it.

Even though I did in-store pickup, I sincerely doubt they could cancel at this point as mentioned on the previous page.

But if they do cancel I'll gladly take good consideration for my troubles.

I doubt they'll cancel in-store pick up, as well. At my BB, they have the items set aside and ready to go when you do in-store pick up. If they do cancel it, I'll make sure I get some kind of compensation. Anyway, I'm going to head out soon to pick mine up.

[quote name='animemaniac14']
man...i wonder how the manufacturer is going to react to best buy's price mistake...i mean i'd guess quite a few people jumped on the deal...and most of the stores are probably going to be sold out of the copies in-store as a result of this...[/QUOTE]

The DVD publisher doesn't care, they already got paid for their DVD's... if the retail price is $29.99, Best Buy probably bought them at $23 or so a DVD, which means Best Buy is the one getting hosed here, in a big way.

[quote name='animemaniac14']anyone who is able to pick theirs up please tell me how it goes :whistle2:D[/quote]

I'm heading out now. Should I be worried or something? LOL why do you ask?

[quote name='animemaniac14']anyone who is able to pick theirs up please tell me how it goes :whistle2:D[/quote]

I just got back from picking mine up. No problem at all.

[quote name='animemaniac14']anyone who is able to pick theirs up please tell me how it goes :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]

There won't be a problem, the employees don't even see the price, they just get a pick list of what to grab.

does this come out to B&M stores today also and will it be ringing up 7.99 since its whats being advertised on their site? I might try to buy one if thats the case today.

[quote name='kosmos13x']does this come out to B&M stores today also and will it be ringing up 7.99 since its whats being advertised on their site? I might try to buy one if thats the case today.[/quote]

I didn't check to see if there were signs on the shelves that said it's on sale for $7.99 but the sticker on the box says $34.99.

Just came back and everything was normal. I knew my area had a low concetration of CAG, SD, and FW but I found it odd that I was the only person to have ordered the DBZ set. I struck up a conversation with the clerk saying they must have gotten quite a lot of these orders and she gave me a look like "Whatchoo talking bout Willis? DBZ nerd much?" It occurred to me that today was the release date for Season 2 and she probably thought I was some DBZ geek waiting to be first in line when I was really talking about the $8 price.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Got my order confirmation...I'll be picking it up after work.[/quote]

Ditto. thanks OP!

The streets shall run red with the blood of the SDers and FWers. ;)

Thanks Mugen for the response.

I figured out my print settings out on time(on my own) I printed a copy that still said available. Anyway, I just got back from BestBuy. They had a lot of copies in stock(still early I guess) I picked one up went to pay for it. I told the lady I wanted to price match it with the online price. She looks at the printout tells me to hold on a minute, she goes and checks the website I guess. She comes back saying it was an error on the web-site, and that they haven't fixed it. So in the end I got a $34.99 DVD set for $8.??

She was going to keep my printout, but then I remembered if I wanted to print out a new copy it will say sold out and they might make a big deal about it.

I might buy another one and trade it to someone for Season 1.

I just picked up my copy no problems, it looks like there were 8+ others pre-ordered also by how many they were prepping. I think they knew about the error but could do nothing about it.

Got mine at 10:01, saw about 6 or 7 still being held for different people (they were in alphabatized racks and no more then 1 being in each..good job people way to not be ebay horders!!!).

With people being upset about SD catching wind of this, i wish it coulda remained a CAG deal a while longer so people on the west coast coulda seen it when they got up, but honestly alot of our deals come from the people over there that spend ALL DAY looking for this stuff.

I just got a 6 gig travel external hard drive in the mail this afternoon for 9.97 (total), they have some great deals you just have to be fast enough to jump on em.

[quote name='Drahken']I just picked up my copy no problems, it looks like there were 8+ others pre-ordered also by how many they were prepping. I think they knew about the error but could do nothing about it.[/QUOTE]

Like I said earlier, they don't see the prices at all when you do something for in-store pickup, they just get a pick list with the UPC's on it that they pull.

They probably don't think anything of it because it's a new release and it's a popular animated show.

And yea, they can't do a damn thing about it even if they wanted to, since, IIRC from what an employee told me, BestBuy.com and Best Buy are two seperate entities most of the time.

[quote name='Roufuss']Like I said earlier, they don't see the prices at all when you do something for in-store pickup, they just get a pick list with the UPC's on it that they pull.

They probably don't think anything of it because it's a new release and it's a popular animated show.

And yea, they can't do a damn thing about it even if they wanted to, since, IIRC from what an employee told me, BestBuy.com and Best Buy are two seperate entities most of the time.[/QUOTE]

They saw the price alright they gave me a receipt with the 7.99 price on it.

[quote name='Drahken']They saw the price alright they gave me a receipt with the 7.99 price on it.[/QUOTE]

Once it's rang up to give to you, they see it, but they don't see it while they are in the process of grabbing it for you for an in-store pickup.

At that point, there is really nothing they can do, and they can't do anything anyways since the website already "sold" you that copy. All they do is finalize it. They have no power over cancelling anyone's BestBuy.com in store pickup order, only the person who placed the order can do that, or BestBuy.com - but when they send it to the store, and the store confirms it's there, BestBuy.com pretty much washes their hands of it.

So anyone who got in on it, and it's confirmed for pickup, doesn't have to rush down there to go grab it or anything - I won't be getting mine until tomorrow night, probably.

I got my shipping confimation order this morning. Sweet! Now if I can only get myself to go to a B&M store and try and get Avatar Complete Book 1...

Just another confirmation. I picked up the 2 copies I ordered for instore pick-up without any problems.

My friend may have gotten the deal himself so I may have an extra copy if anyone is interested. I'll know later today if he needs it or not.

I missed out on this, can someone PM me what they'd like for any extras they picked up? I'm willing to cover cost, shipping, and a little for gas.

~HotShotX

Picked up my copy at BB this morning with no problems but I got shot down on the Avatar mistake. Still have one on the way from BB online.

bread's done
Back