Dragon's Crown Pro Best Buy - $29.99/$23.99 GCU Save $1 w/in store pick up

I'd ket you if I hadn't heard about BB cancelling peoples GCU for buying more than 3 games a month...
What are you talking about? There is nothing about only being able to buy 3 games per month...you can't buy 3 of the same title per calendar year. That is the policy everyone was getting flagged for for breaking.

What are you talking about? There is nothing about only being able to buy 3 games per month...you can't buy 3 of the same title per calendar year. That is the policy everyone was getting flagged for for breaking.
I think that's what they originally meant.

Picked mine up today, was debating about getting it since I have the Vita version, but after seeing that they removed the ps4 and Vita versions for Odin Sphere from their inventory I wont take a chance with this one waiting for a higher price drop...

Mine just came from UPS today, and I think it's dented on the left corner. The package wasnt damaged at all, so I'm guessing it happened before shipment. I kind of want a replacement. Does anyone else have a dented left corner or is that how it's supposed to be? I noticed that parts of the case are bumpy, so it's not exactly easy to tell.

Last edited:
Thanks OP! I resisted it initially at release as I have this on the PS3/Vita but at this price with GCU, a 3x dip was warranted.

Love this game. 

I procrastinated a bit and now it seems it's too late.. oh well. Maybe next time. Not like I'm hurting for games to play lol.

Been trying to price match this for over a week now. First they tell me I'll get a $20 plus tax refund ($49.99 to $29.99, obviously). Then, after several days, still no refund processed. Contact CS again. They say they are still waiting for the refund to be processed...

Finally, get an e-mail yesterday. $10 (plus tax) refund. Call them up and they tell me I only get $10 because I paid $40 for it and it was $30 on sale. Tried to explain that the game was $50, GCU knocked it down to $40, and my new price should have been $24 (again, with GCU) so my refund should be $16 plus tax. **CRICKETS**

Then, a whole lot of BS and excuses. Had to explain to them how GCU works, to no avail. Don't they even know what their own store policies are? Yeah, dumb question, I know.

But, but, you paid $40 and then it was $30, so you get $10. Also told at one point, can't price match and use GCU. Tried explaining that I'm not price-matching another store. It's their price, on sale. If I walked into a store and did a return/rebuy, it would be $40 return, and $24 rebuy. All I get on the other end is... but, but, you only paid for $40 and it was on sale for $30. (Bangs head against wall). Asked them how is it my GCU discount applies on the original purchase and return, but not the rebuy. **SILENCE** fucking clueless idiots.

If my closest BB wasn't 45 minutes away, I would have just driven to the store and done the actual return/rebuy and saved the hassle. What a fucking pain in the ass!!

Going to be real difficult to find a reason to keep buying any games from them after my GCU expires in September.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice deal. Had this on my PSTV but have kind of retired that for now with too many things hooked up to my TV. Wanted to get this when it came out but $49.99 was too much for me. This is what I wanted to pay for a rebuy. Sold.
I had this game on PSTV too, but I lost the PSTV in my apartment somewhere. I can save some money by bowing out of this deal if I can find it. Why'd they make the damn thing so small?

If you DO do a price match through Best Buy, let me give you a bit of advice.  Call in.  I did several price matches in store, and they do an exchange/re-buy instead of just adjusting the price.  This happened a few times that paired with a few returns, my account got flagged by the Retail Equation (the company that basically revokes returns) and I had to call Best Buy Corporate to get it reversed.  Luckily I now have a contact there in case anything like that happens again, but the rep told me that they shouldn't be doing return/re-buy, but a price adjustment.  He also informed me that they are looking into this not happening again in the future because supposedly it has been happening a LOT.  Just a heads up for anyone that does price matches.

If you missed out on this deal and were feeling bummed out, rejoice! This deal is once again live and Amazon is matching it. As a reminder, this is the Battle Hardened Edition, which I guess comes in a metal case with a few cards.

bread's done
Back