Driv3r for 25.99

EnderBui

CAGiversary!
I went to FYE in Michigan today and they had Driv3r for the PS2 for only 25.99. I'm guessing they did that because of the reviews. Anyways, it's a rebate but I didn't pick it up. I'm not sure if it's a mail-in or automatic rebate.

[quote name='trustcompany1013']knowing fyes trade in prices...you can probably trade it right back to them for 44.99[/quote]
lol i am tradin in some games to get it but i might seriously try that.

this game is not even worth the 24.99 its tagged as. Atari shipped a ton of these guys to stores to meet a false demand that isnt there, so expect this game to be a budget title fast!

yea i ahd high hoped for this game...i was gonna get it but reviews stopped me from doing that..u just rented it through gamefly and im not too impressed...the driving is horrible. its kinda kool that its here in miami so some places look familiar. and the graphics dont seem polished. like the frame rate stutters.

I got this at FYE yesterday, but haven't played it yet, I bet it is worth $20 it can't be that bad. While I was there I also picked up Reno 911 Season 1 $10 after mail in rebate. They have some pretty good deals after mir. all the new dvds pretty much are 9.99 after mir. I am gonna call fye in a while and c how much the new South Park Season will be. Maybe they will have a deal on it soon.

I have been playing this game for the last 2 days, Gamefly, and don't think its that bad. It does have its issues, but overall I am having fun with it. I would buy it for this price.

[quote name='bsesb2003']Is it the same price for the Xbox version? Thanks[/quote]
For both xbox and ps2 it is $50 + $25 MIR. While ur there check out the DVDs they have some good deals

man i'm thinking about getting this game, but is it realy that bad? & not worth $25.. bucks? :?
& are sure that F.Y.E has it for that price?

[quote name='fullhavok']man i'm thinking about getting this game, but is it realy that bad? & not worth $25.. bucks? :?
& are sure that F.Y.E has it for that price?[/quote]

No, it is not really that bad. I have been vehemently defending this game as one of those tragically underrated games. Here's a recap of review scores thus far:

Gamespot: 5.4
IGN: 5.4
EGM: 8.5, 7.5, and 6.5
OPM: 3.5 out of 5

The reason that IGN and Gamespot gave it such low scores is that they took all the flaws in the game, exaggerated them, and ignored the good stuff. I have found EGM and OPM's ratings to be much more accurate. The driving remains excellent as in the previous games and the on-foot stuff, while mediocre, is definitely not as bad as you would think from reading reviews.

damn. i went to my friends house yesterday, and he had gotten driv3r...i didnt get to play it, but man the graphics really suck on that game...it doesnt even look like the game is finished if u know what i mean...all the bulidings are really bland..like just rectangular prisms w/ no detail whatsoever...and the character (tanner i think he's called) looks very generic himself...i didnt get to play it though, but still i saw a few glitches during gameplay...1 was when he shot this guy and the guy rollled and just froze in the air for 3 seconds, then was on the floor...o well..

[quote name='fullhavok']man i'm thinking about getting this game, but is it realy that bad? & not worth $25.. bucks? :?
& are sure that F.Y.E has it for that price?[/quote]
It is not really that bad, I haven't played it much but my little brother can't stop playing it and someone else told me it was a great game. And yes it is that much at fye, but it is after a MIR. Call your FYE if want. While ur there check out some of the DVD deals with MIR!!

bread's done
Back