DriveClub Digital Version $39.99 / $24.99 For PS+ Members via PSN Store

This is a fantastic deal. But it is now normal pricing. You all complaining are seriously a bunch of crying babies. I've never seen so much irrational forum tears in all my life about one game. It's absurd at this point. The game is pure quality and one of the best simcade racers ever made. Grow up and deal with it. Have fun with your demo when you get it.
Lol, that's pretty good. Oh, wait. You're serious? Lmao! "The game is pure quality - Driveclub". That's going in my sig.

Lol, that's pretty good. Oh, wait. You're serious? Lmao! "The game is pure quality - Driveclub". That's going in my sig.
Clearly you haven't played the game after all the updates.

They have worked hard and a lot of people that play it say its one of the best racers on the market.

Maybe once this sale ends it will go free for PS+ like it was supposed to. It makes sense. Make it free after trying to milk money out of it from everyone. 

Guh at this point I'm just waiting for a cheap ass physical copy to pop up somewhere.

Maybe once this sale ends it will go free for PS+ like it was supposed to. It makes sense. Make it free after trying to milk money out of it from everyone.

Guh at this point I'm just waiting for a cheap ass physical copy to pop up somewhere.
Could have gotten it from Gamestop for $15

OK so this may sound like a stupid few questions, but hey..

I LOVE driving/racing games. Realistic or not (physics), as long as it has lots of cars (from normal, to hyper cars). I drive a 2008 Civic SI with a Kraftwerks superchargers (Rotrex baby!) making 390hp/251tq at 10.5PSI. I do prefer games like GT5/GT6 and Forza

But I don't like to play games "online" really, I prefer solo gaming. Is this game going to be wasted on someone who is semi anti-social when it comes to online play?

Also, does it feature "normal" cars or just mid/high end exotics? And is it tuneable, like GT5 and GT6? As in, buy parts - tweak cars, and re-race? I don't want to just drive around Lykens, Lambo's, and Astons. I like normal "affordable" cars, and mainly imports.
It can be played solo, as the multiplayer aspect is mostly leaderboards and clubs, which are not necessary to enjoy the main content. It has a mix of cars but tends to focus on high end cars and exotics, and has a limited selection compared to GT/Forza. Game can be very difficult as it really punishes you for reckless driving and requires finding the best lines is crucial.

Could have gotten it from Gamestop for $15
Well that is if there was a copy anywhere near him. There was literally none after the first day of this sale in my area, and is nearly impossible to find now except for original price at a few local shops.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK so this may sound like a stupid few questions, but hey..

I LOVE driving/racing games. Realistic or not (physics), as long as it has lots of cars (from normal, to hyper cars). I drive a 2008 Civic SI with a Kraftwerks superchargers (Rotrex baby!) making 390hp/251tq at 10.5PSI. I do prefer games like GT5/GT6 and Forza

But I don't like to play games "online" really, I prefer solo gaming. Is this game going to be wasted on someone who is semi anti-social when it comes to online play?

Also, does it feature "normal" cars or just mid/high end exotics? And is it tuneable, like GT5 and GT6? As in, buy parts - tweak cars, and re-race? I don't want to just drive around Lykens, Lambo's, and Astons. I like normal "affordable" cars, and mainly imports.
It can be played solo, as the multiplayer aspect is mostly leaderboards and clubs, which are not necessary to enjoy the main content. It has a mix of cars but tends to focus on high end cars and exotics, and has a limited selection compared to GT/Forza. Game can be very difficult as it really punishes you for reckless driving and requires finding the best lines is crucial.

Well, if anything, this thread made me go back and read some reviews (and re-reviews after all the updates, yes, there were a few). Not slamming this game and still love my PS4, but it made me want to buy FH2 for $30 this week on Xbox One. 

Got this one a few weeks back when GS had it new for $20. It's pretty decent and it has possibly the best graphics of any game on PS4 and possibly on all the next-gen consoles thus far, the weather effects are unreal. That being said though it definitely lacks a lot of content, only has a few modes so far and feels more like a driving simulator than a game. But the devs are doing a fantastic job since there are constant updates and free stuff, but 75% of the tracks/cars are behind DLC. So its a really cool game to own, but not to play if you catch my drift (haha... get it... drift...). 

There's also a lot of articles lately that have the devs saying they will release the free PS+ version soon so you might wanna hold up until then. However, most of the rumors are that a lot of cars/tracks/ability to make clubs are locked away from the free version unless you pay. Seeing as how much of the game is behind a paywall now even after buying it, I can't imagine what they actually make available for free, it'll probably be more like a demo with like 3 cars and a track.

There's also a lot of articles lately that have the devs saying they will release the free PS+ version soon so you might wanna hold up until then. However, most of the rumors are that a lot of cars/tracks/ability to make clubs are locked away from the free version unless you pay. Seeing as how much of the game is behind a paywall now even after buying it, I can't imagine what they actually make available for free, it'll probably be more like a demo with like 3 cars and a track.
And if they do that they can fuck themselves. Seriously...the game was announced as free originally, then they changed that and it has been what....that's right....2 years since it was supposed to be out and it has been out for over a year. So what I am hearing is that they've fixed issues, which is great.....and then they've worked on DLC/paywall content instead of making it available like they said they would.

I've always said I'm not the smartest guy in the world but there are some things that simply blow my mind away and this entire game fiasco is one of them. What is really sad is that this is a game made by Sony. You'd think they would have had the online play figured out from the start, which is one of the main reasons that they gave for not releasing the PS Plus version.

Yes I'm griping but this game would have to be better than a combined Gran Turismo & Burnout Paradise to be worth anything now. Sony has damaged the entire brand with this. This is actually worse than the Microsoft fiasco with the Halo re-release on the XB1 but only because Halo wasn't promised as free.

Bitter, party of 1 here over Driveclub. I'm with the other person...under $10 is the only way I get it....but with what others are saying about he paywall thing, why would I get it?

And if they do that they can fuck themselves. Seriously...the game was announced as free originally, then they changed that and it has been what....that's right....2 years since it was supposed to be out and it has been out for over a year. So what I am hearing is that they've fixed issues, which is great.....and then they've worked on DLC/paywall content instead of making it available like they said they would.

I've always said I'm not the smartest guy in the world but there are some things that simply blow my mind away and this entire game fiasco is one of them. What is really sad is that this is a game made by Sony. You'd think they would have had the online play figured out from the start, which is one of the main reasons that they gave for not releasing the PS Plus version.

Yes I'm griping but this game would have to be better than a combined Gran Turismo & Burnout Paradise to be worth anything now. Sony has damaged the entire brand with this. This is actually worse than the Microsoft fiasco with the Halo re-release on the XB1 but only because Halo wasn't promised as free.

Bitter, party of 1 here over Driveclub. I'm with the other person...under $10 is the only way I get it....but with what others are saying about he paywall thing, why would I get it?
The game was never announced as free. There was a free limited version of the game announced though.

The game was never announced as free. There was a free limited version of the game announced though.
Either way.. If all they had to do was strip out some tracks, why isn't it out now?

Simple, they don't want to stand behind their promise until they have milked it. not a developer that people should support

Either way.. If all they had to do was strip out some tracks, why isn't it out now?

Simple, they don't want to stand behind their promise until they have milked it. not a developer that people should support
Well you've made your point. You aren't going to buy it and never will and that is your choice.

Every time this game has gone on sale we get the same comments over and over again. Its gotten pretty old.

I know I am wasting my time but they have stated why it hasn't been released. The servers would just crash again due to the massive influx of people joining on them.

Every time this game has gone on sale we get the same comments over and over again. Its gotten pretty old.
I can't possibly imagine why that would be. I can't believe there are people out there who sat through the whole cycle of crap that surrounded this game and think it's fine. Lot of doormats out there.

I can't possibly imagine why that would be. I can't believe there are people out there who sat through the whole cycle of crap that surrounded this game and think it's fine. Lot of doormats out there.
You havent played the game after the updates so you really have no opinion besides being a sheep and letting others tell you what to think.

You havent played the game after the updates so you really have no opinion besides being a sheep and letting others tell you what to think.
I haven't eaten shit either, but I doubt I'd like it. Sometimes you just know. Well, most people would just know. You got a little something on your chin there.

When people aren't buying something on principle because the ethics of the developer in question, the whole "you haven't played it so you can't speak" argument doesn't work.

No one is trying to say its a bad game, they are saying the developers lied and tried to weasel their way out of something they promised. Some people have standards that they hold others too.

When people aren't buying something on principle because the ethics of the developer in question, the whole "you haven't played it so you can't speak" argument doesn't work.

No one is trying to say its a bad game, they are saying the developers lied and tried to weasel their way out of something they promised. Some people have standards that they hold others too.
Actually no, the guy above you is clearly saying the game is bad.

Standards in video gaming lol.

Please provide evidence to back up these crazy claims of yours. I am seriously curious at what point they said the game would be free then started to back pedal as all articles I have seen have never pointed to such a thing.

Please provide evidence to back up these crazy claims of yours. I am seriously curious at what point they said the game would be free then started to back pedal as all articles I have seen have never pointed to such a thing.
Are you serious? Did you not follow the PS4 from e3 2013? Thats a serious question because this is pretty widely known. The whole "full game" thing is the only thing that is really in question because Sony didn't really clarify that is wasn't the full game until after their keynote was over.

It was announced then clarified. Here is one article:

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/06/e3_2013_what_do_you_get_in_the_ps_plus_version_of_driveclub

PS Plus Version Delayed:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/8/6945445/driveclub-playstation-plus-delay

Shortly after they pushed it back "until Further Notice"

http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/30/7132277/driveclub-playstation-plus-edition-postponed-ps4-shuhei-yoshida

5-6 months Later: Oh Still working on Servers

http://www.gamesradar.com/driveclub-ps-plus-edition-still-coming-lamborghini-expansion-detailed/

We are now 3 months past that .. and nothing .... thats the issue. Its basically come down to they don't want to spend the money on servers, so they are just waiting until the paid users move off the game in order to provide the free version that was promised originally in Nov 2013.

Are you serious? Did you not follow the PS4 from e3 2013? Thats a serious question because this is pretty widely known. The whole "full game" thing is the only thing that is really in question because Sony didn't really clarify that is wasn't the full game until after their keynote was over.

It was announced then clarified. Here is one article:
http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/06/e3_2013_what_do_you_get_in_the_ps_plus_version_of_driveclub

PS Plus Version Delayed:
http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/8/6945445/driveclub-playstation-plus-delay

Shortly after they pushed it back "until Further Notice"
http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/30/7132277/driveclub-playstation-plus-edition-postponed-ps4-shuhei-yoshida

5-6 months Later: Oh Still working on Servers
http://www.gamesradar.com/driveclub-ps-plus-edition-still-coming-lamborghini-expansion-detailed/

We are now 3 months past that .. and nothing .... thats the issue. Its basically come down to they don't want to spend the money on servers, so they are just waiting until the paid users move off the game in order to provide the free version that was promised originally in Nov 2013.
So basically your hissy fit is based on speculation as I clearly see a developer Who has sent out updates and sent out patches along with even providing free DLC to existing customers

So basically your hissy fit is based on speculation as I clearly see a developer Who has sent out updates and sent out patches along with even providing free DLC to existing customers
Just because you send out updates saying you are screwing people over doesn't make it OK.

I still don't see how anyone was screwed over. Please tell me this is all just an elaborate trolling attempt because wow.
Far from it.. Like I said, some people hold others accountable and have standards. If you don't.. That's your choice. They lost their chance to get my money.

Lol standards. Also waiting on how people were screwed over.
Exactly my point...

I've explained it over and over.. Sorry you can't comprehend.. People were promised something that never happened because it was better financially for the developer to not follow through on their word

Lol standards. Also waiting on how people were screwed over.
Just stop, you clearly don't get it. They promised a free PS+ version of this game plenty of times and never delivered. It's as simple as that. They deserve all the hate they are getting.

Exactly my point...

I've explained it over and over.. Sorry you can't comprehend.. People were promised something that never happened because it was better financially for the developer to not follow through on their word
Except you have no proof for that statement right there. The developer was even hit with layoffs shortly after it launched so not sure how it helped. Basically everything you are saying is speculation with no proof to back it up.

Just stop, you clearly don't get it. They promised a free PS+ version of this game plenty of times and never delivered. It's as simple as that. They deserve all the hate they are getting.
And they have sent out updates regarding the Plus edition so you clearly don't get it.

i bought the game at launch (digital) and asked for a refund a week later and got it, so obviously didn't like the game at launch.  that said I still bought it today, for $25 having a digital driving game I can run anytime is a pretty good deal.  didn't bother with season pass or any of that stuff, just the base game is good nuff for me

i think forza 5 & FH2 is a better driving game for my preferences but its nice having a driving game on the PS4 too in case i wanna play online with a friend or something

50 for the game and season passo or wait for a complete e

edition goes on sale

Last edited:
Do I need this game if I have need for speed rivals complete edition and crew

I'm betting the full version of driveClub will be free for ps+ members before the end of the year.

And they have sent out updates regarding the Plus edition so you clearly don't get it.
Yeah, which at one point was "it's canceled, (not)sorry for screwing everyone over." Then everyone lashed out and Sony stepped in and pushed to make it happen again, because they felt they had to. You can argue all you want, but I assure you, you're alone in the way you feel about this situation.

Yeah, which at one point was "it's canceled, (not)sorry for screwing everyone over." Then everyone lashed out and Sony stepped in and pushed to make it happen again, because they felt they had to. You can argue all you want, but I assure you, you're alone in the way you feel about this situation.
Well, that's completely false.

He's not alone.. But definitely in the minority.

It's sad that the legacy of this game will be the botched launch and this PS+ version nonsense. It's turned into a really good racing game in my opinion. I've had it since launch and I'm still playing the damned thing (online is where it's at for me).

It's sad that the legacy of this game will be the botched launch and this PS+ version nonsense. It's turned into a really good racing game in my opinion. I've had it since launch and I'm still playing the damned thing (online is where it's at for me).
I agree. I didn't buy it at launch but it's a fantastic game. Not to be overlooked

Do I need a club to really enjoy this game? I mostly game single player unless battlefield etc. I really want to play this but only if I can fully enjoy it single player.

Do I need a club to really enjoy this game? I mostly game single player unless battlefield etc. I really want to play this but only if I can fully enjoy it single player.
The club is there for challenges and things like that. I'm sure you can enjoy a lot with single player only but joining a club doesn't hurt and you don't have to really do much.

Yeah I get you completely, I wouldn't have paid for the game if I knew how much of it was behind a paywall but I just wanted to express my opinion and try a Devil's Advocate approach for a sec, because I feel that there's much more at work than what the press covers.

The game when it was shown the E3 2 years ago definitely does not look like it does now, it had a crappy CG trailer and didn't look better than a late PS3 game, the game released a year later looks like one of those Maxed out PC graphics games, although I can't really say the gameplay is too enjoyable. I feel like half way through development, they managed to make the game look waaay better than they intended to and didn't want to give it out for free anymore. Not to mention the servers were also pretty bad at launch even without the free version and the PS4 had just launched recently, they didn't want to have a whole GTA Online fiasco again and have the servers not work for anyone whether you paid or not for at least a month. They have been doing a lot of patches to the netcode lately, which proves hopeful, so yes, they are planning to eventually make the free version.

Also, if you see the layout of the game right now, there's the Drift/Race/Time trail mode which is free, serves as a light single player arcade mode. Then there's the Tours, and the driveclub Tour is free, and its full of content which is nice, but then the other ones aren't, only the Ignition, Photofinish, and beginners are free DLC. There's at least 10 or so tours locked behind DLC/Season pass. Which leads me to believe that it was originally a "free" game with cars and tracks being micro transactions.

Bottom line is - The game was never going to be "completely free" even if they did make a PS+ version, seeing as how the game is like already, a "free" version back in December was probably going to make the fans rage even harder.

That being said, without an abundance of racers on PS4, and if you like great graphics and don't mind paying a bit extra for all the tracks, just get the full version.

No the way it works is the Club is like a GTA online Clan, you don't have to race or play with them, but even if you play single player while in the clan, everyone contributes clan fame, and once the clan levels up, everyone gets new emblems/cars/etc. Single player with the free tracks: Japan,Canada,etc. and the three modes race,drift,time trial is nice if you just want to drive around. The Driveclub tour and the free DLC stuff makes for a lot of content. However, if you don't mind the lack of story (not like a racer really needs one) and you just want to drive around, there's actually quite a bit of singleplayer content available. I myself haven't even really played the multiplayer much at all. One thing though, the game's harder events are locked behind completing the earlier ones with enough stars, if you can't beat them, you gotta play them again and again until you qualify.

Just started playing this last week got it from best buy for $20 after Gamestop PM awhile back.  I'm usually a NFS/Burnout type person, but this game is actually really good.  The only drawback I've seen with it is the big updates to get this game to be what it is now.

Which club you talking about?  The CAG Team Racing one or maybe another club that's open.

bread's done
Back