DS Headset $9.99 Pre-Order @ Amazon, Free Ship Orders Over $25

And they selectively chose to give the girl the Coral Pink DS and the boy the Onyx DS, heh.

It looks great, too bad it's only white. I'll still get it though. I've wanted a reason to finally get that Disgaea book on Amazon, thanks silks!

The only question is, will more games incorporate VoIP? Would be nice to have at a discount even though none of my games use it, if they will in the future.

Isn't Maple Story coming to DS? That'd be a perfect use for the headset. Although now that I'm writing it I seem to remember Maple Story for DS not actually being an MMO...

[quote name='Caliburn']And they selectively chose to give the girl the Coral Pink DS and the boy the Onyx DS, heh.[/quote]Speaking as a girl who owns both the (imported) candy pink DS phat and pink DSLite, I think their marketing is fine in this regards.

Not that there's anything wrong with a boy having a pink ds or a girl having a white or onyx ds.

I think they're just going with who's more likely to have what. Stereotyping? Sure. But isn't there always some element of truth in stereotypes? Otherwise they wouldn't have formed in the first place.

[quote name='SynGamer']Is this a one-time only price? If not, i'll hold off until i hear about more games that are MMO or something.[/QUOTE]
Well I would imagine that it'd be good for Brain Age too...

They so should've supported that in Mario Kart DS and Clubhouse Games :(

Hope that price is sticking around for a while. My sister and I could use one.

I seem to remember reading that you'll be able to use the headset w/ those games. No? I don't see why it wouldn't, it's just a headset.

[quote name='imacgod']They so should've supported that in Mario Kart DS and Clubhouse Games :(

Hope that price is sticking around for a while. My sister and I could use one.[/quote]

[quote name='Malik112099']i need it to work with mario cart and tetris[/quote]

Never going to happen.

It would be nice if you could bring the mic down further. The only reason I'd have for getting a head set is so I don't have to put my face on my DS to blow up balloons in Mario Kart or blow dust in Phoenix Wright or blow bubbles at a Nintendog. Looks good for saying Blue repeatedly in Brain Age though.

wait so you can talk to people over the ds? thats sweet. so do you actually need a headset. or is that waht that little "mic" thing on the ds is for. cuz ive never actually used it.

[quote name='mattstockton12']Looks good for saying Blue repeatedly in Brain Age though.[/quote]
fuck blue, fuck blue to dirty, dirty hell.

I seriously doubt they'll enable VoIP during games between random matches...just actual friends with friend codes. Imagine the backlash on Nintendo if little Johnny hears a curse word from someone other than his best friend on the playground.

I kinda want this, although I don't know how much I'll use it.

Hopefully this upcoming DOTD is something I want so I can combine them for free shipping.

I jumped on it. I most likely dont need, but I got it with the Disgaea Worlds book + some earphones that I've been needing for some time. After all, you can't save money without spending some...right?

I just bought it along with the Prima guide for Pokemon D/P and volume 1 of the Dr Slump manga, so it was 29.xx shipped.

I'll probably never use it, but oh well.

[quote name='fairtrade']
"compatible with all games that use the internal microphone."
[/QUOTE]

Hehe... I need to get one of these so *maybe* I can finally beat my 12-year-old niece in the balloon mini-game in Mario Kart DS.

[quote name='fairtrade']I seem to remember reading that you'll be able to use the headset w/ those games. No? I don't see why it wouldn't, it's just a headset.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the games that originally had voice chat support are the only ones that the headset can be used for as far as online multiplayer goes. I don't think Mario Kart nor Clubhouse Games had supported voice chat in the first place.

Oh, I didn't realize. I thought there was 1 game w/ voice chat through the regular integrated mic and was thinking it might have been Mario Kart.

I wouldn't mind having this thing for every other game that requires you tell yell or blow into the mic though (assuming you can angle it so you can blow in it). Yoshi's TnG, Warioware, Cooking Mama, and probably others. I haven't played Phoenix Wright 1-2 yet but I'd guess it would be nice to have for objecting.

[quote name='imacgod']I'm pretty sure the games that originally had voice chat support are the only ones that the headset can be used for as far as online multiplayer goes. I don't think Mario Kart nor Clubhouse Games had supported voice chat in the first place.[/quote]

So is this below MSRP? I'm sort of tempted to bite, but then I don't have any DS games that support voice chat, or even a way to get my DS online...

[quote name='fairtrade']Oh, I didn't realize. I thought there was 1 game w/ voice chat through the regular integrated mic and was thinking it might have been Mario Kart.[/quote]

I think it was Metroid Prime Hunters, but only between matches (presumably the DS isn't powerful enough to do it when it's running a full blown game).

I haven't played Phoenix Wright 1-2 yet but I'd guess it would be nice to have for objecting.

Eh, not really. That was fun at first, but after a while I just started hitting the button to do it instead. It would just be that much more annoying to have to stick on a headset to do that.

bread's done
Back