DS:Jump Ultimate Stars $30 SHIPPED, Ouendan 2 $35 SHIPPED($5 off New Cust)YesAsia.com

V878

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Jump Ultimate Stars:
http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code-j/section-games/pid-1004535358/

I heard there's almost no chance this game comes to the US with all the licensing issues. $30 is a pretty good price for an import game and this is supposed to be one of the best fighting games on the DS.

Only drawback of this is they say it'll take 7-14 days to ship out (and another 5-9 days for super saver shipping) so look elsewhere if you need the game faster.

$5 off Coupon code for new customers is ISYA247.

Edit: Admiral Ackbar pointed out another hot DS import title, Ouendan 2, is only $35 @ YesAsia.com with coupon.
Ouendan 2:

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code-j/section-games/pid-1004713280/

I actually ordered them before (same game) they ship from San Francisco, CA. Even though it says 1-2week order time, you'd probably have to wait 5 days and add whatever shipping you paid for.

Mine came in a bubble-wrapped soft envelope with their super saver shipping.

Great, great, great, great game. You'll need a translation of the game but so much depth, especially for a fighting game.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Hmm... They also have Ouendan 2 shipped for $35 after coupon. I may get that.[/quote]

Thsi is even better than the OP's deal, which is also great. Two great games.

YesAsia ships from California, but if they don't have the game there it comes from Hong Kong to their Cali warehouse (obviously). I took free shipping on Ouendan 2 when I preordered it a few months back. Came in a week. Obviously, it had to come from Hong Kong before it got here since I got it on release. Should be quicker if you're ordering a game that's already in Cali.

I didn't much care for JUS. Too much "dial-in-the-combo" not enough SSBM-styled technical depth. Still, a fun game. Worth getting if you like anime at all.

EDIT: Granted, I have just recently played my last game of it. The MP is head-bashingly irritating and the AI is as dumb as the folks who balanced the game.

Did not see Ouendan 2 was also at a cheaper price. Changed title and added a link to the game @ YesAsia to my original post so more people see this. Thanks Admiral Ackbar.

Hmm... tough choice between Ouedan 2 and Jump Ultimate Stars... grrr.

I think I'll go with Ouedan 2 though. Really liked EBA, and I like some Japanese music (recognize a couple of the bands). I like anime a lot too, so I'll probably pick up JUS later.... I dunno.

Thanks a million, though, V878.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Hmm... tough choice between Ouedan 2 and Jump Ultimate Stars... grrr.

I think I'll go with Ouedan 2 though. Really liked EBA, and I like some Japanese music (recognize a couple of the bands). I like anime a lot too, so I'll probably pick up JUS later.... I dunno.

Thanks a million, though, V878.[/quote]

I'd have to reccomend Ouendan 2 over JUS, and I've played both games and their prequels. Then again, I've never been much of a fighting fan (though I enjoy the two Jumps) and I love rhythm games, so I may be biased.

Alright, Ouendan 2 it is then. :)

I saw a YouTube video of JUS too, and it just seems pretty complicated if you don't know Japanese. Too involved for me anyway, especially with school coming up, heh.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Alright, Ouendan 2 it is then. :)

I saw a YouTube video of JUS too, and it just seems pretty complicated if you don't know Japanese. Too involved for me anyway, especially with school coming up, heh.[/quote]
Nah, it's rather simple. Genroh has a great FAQ up on GameFAQs that translates all of the objectives, and getting koma is as easy as spending money at a store (you spend gems earned in battle on upgrading characters you also earn in battle).

A heck of a lot easier than the koma-attaining method in JSS. That was pretty much impossible without Japanese knowledge.

Also, for anyone who loves Ouendan, I would like to recommend (no idea how to spell thaT :p) Taiko no Tatsujin DS (Taiko Drum Master DS). It's OOS mostly everywhere now, but restocks in September. Great rhythm game that comes with two free drum stylii.

[quote name='Rocko']Thsi is even better than the OP's deal, which is also great. Two great games.

YesAsia ships from California, but if they don't have the game there it comes from Hong Kong to their Cali warehouse (obviously). I took free shipping on Ouendan 2 when I preordered it a few months back. Came in a week. Obviously, it had to come from Hong Kong before it got here since I got it on release. Should be quicker if you're ordering a game that's already in Cali.[/quote]

Wow, these guys are fast! I got Standard Shipping (didn't want to wait since I loved the first game) and it shipped within a few hours of me ordering it! Can't wait to play it! Thanks for the coupon code as well, OP!

[quote name='dejaandyroo']In for Ouendan 2, thanks for the heads-up! Dug EBA, but this will be my first Ouendan experience.[/QUOTE]

Me too!

YesAsia has awesome rate on shipping, took em like 4 days to get it from San Fran to St. Augustine Florida when I was down there, I was shocked

Ouendan 2 is fantastic. I got it a week or so ago for $35 shipped from yesasia.com as noted here (and in at least one previous thread about this.) The music is great and you can figure out the stories for the most part. In some cases the stories make no sense initially (if you can't read Japanese, like myself) until the music starts and you get the parts that vary depending on how well you do and then it becomes clear what's going on, to perhaps even greater comic effect. And of course the gameplay is just as great as EBA. Absolutely worth getting for $35.

As someone who has played both games extensively, let me give you some information on just what you're getting into >_>

Jump Ultimate Stars is an AWESOME game, probably the best fighter on the DS, and has tons of characters from tons of series. However, the AI is as dumb as a rock, and will often ringout themselves for absolutely no reason at all, and have no idea how to string together a combo at all.

If you have Wi-Fi, it's a lot better. Playing with friend codes is a blast, and if you go to GameFAQs (where there's also an FAQ that translates EVERYTHING) there's ALWAYS someone around to play.

However, Random is hell now. Newbies WILL be eaten alive on the random servers, and it's not because the players are good, but rather, quite the opposite. People run wild with infinite life, infinite SP bars, abusing various glitches including a glitch that makes you unable to be touched (which is different than infinite life, since you can be RO'd then) and it's almost all Top Tier characters in every single match.

JUS also has horrible balancing. Raoh (Fist of the North Star), Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho), Bankai Ichigo (Bleach), Sasuke (Naruto), Taikoubou (Houshin Engi) and Dr. Mashirito (Dr. Slump) are pretty much the only characters you will ever see on Random because they are SO much better than everyone else in the game. Whereas you'll never see Piccolo, Buu, Goku (Dragonball), Gon (Hunter x Hunter), Anna (Shaman King) or Kinikkuman (Kinikkuman) because they suck unholy amounts of ass.

So, in short, play friend matches, don't touch random. Balancing and cheaters aside, its a great game.

As for Ouendan 2. If you liked EBA. or the first Ouendan, you'll LOVE Ouendan 2. It's one of the best games on DS, and is superior in pretty much every way to EBA/Ouendan1. If you like Rhythm games, you'll love it, I promise.

their free shipping ain't bad at all. the shipping is actually much faster than indicated. they might just process the order a bit slower than with standard.

btw, thanks for the deals, i'm gonna bite. been waiting for the prices to drop for a while now.

Jump Ultimate Stars is easy to learn. Seriously, I don't even use a faq anymore. Everyone saying that it's hard barely played the game. I've got like over 30 hours on my copy.

[quote name='Zen Davis']Jump Ultimate Stars is easy to learn. Seriously, I don't even use a faq anymore. Everyone saying that it's hard barely played the game. I've got like over 30 hours on my copy.[/quote]

My copy maxed out at 99:59:59 about a month after I got it >_>
And I got it a month or so after it came out.

What the fuck? Get the hell off my forum! No GameFAQsers should follow me back to CAG!! :p

I still dissent. I don't like JUS. I think it is unintuitive, poorly balanced, and just plain not fun in MP.

[quote name='RollingSkull']What the fuck? Get the hell off my forum! No GameFAQsers should follow me back to CAG!! :p

I still dissent. I don't like JUS. I think it is unintuitive, poorly balanced, and just plain not fun in MP.[/quote]

If you dislike it so much, why do you go to the forum? >_>

[quote name='FFandMMfan']If you dislike it so much, why do you go to the forum? >_>[/quote]
Well, I only just YESTERDAY broke myself of my addiction to it. I have issues with games with good production values that are as fundamentally poor as JUS. Phantom Dust is one such example. I always break it out when I burn a 360 48 hours Live code even though I loathe the damn game. I just keep thinking "Okay, maybe this next round will be the fun one."

Of course, I go to the forums because I like the discussion, but I should vacate once the current threads end and are replaced with even more 1v1s or bitching about randoms.

Randoms are a perfect example of why you should never, ever give the Japanese online multiplayer.

*Grin, duck, run.*

Seriously though, the biggest mistake was to make you unable to unlock a solid 20% of the game without winning a couple hundred online matches.

I only keep bitching about it here because I heard NOTHING but glowing reviews here and I feel I was steered wrong in buying it. It simply isn't SSB for the DS, and to call it that is to ignore its combo-centric gameplay mechanics.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I only keep bitching about it here because I heard NOTHING but glowing reviews here and I feel I was steered wrong in buying it. It simply isn't SSB for the DS, and to call it that is to ignore its combo-centric gameplay mechanics.[/quote]

Might be people don't give a shit what you say and can actually form their own opinion... Oh noes there's someone who doesn't have the same opinion of the game as you!?!11! It's a travesty so you have to let everyone know!

Oh, look, a JUS fanboy.

I'm just offering my opinion, as there was not a single dissenter when I bought my copy. If someone disagrees with me and buys it anyway? OH NOES I AM UNDONE.

Geez, man, lighten up. You sound like a 12 year old.

I think it's a great game for single player. It makes no sense to hate the game due to online aspects. If you want a fighter for the DS, it's a damn good game. And one of your only options. I think you're overdoing things a bit, and I would hope no one is steered away from the game due to your comments.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Oh, look, a JUS fanboy.

I'm just offering my opinion, as there was not a single dissenter when I bought my copy. If someone disagrees with me and buys it anyway? OH NOES I AM UNDONE.

Geez, man, lighten up. You sound like a 12 year old.[/quote]

You just said you'd keep bitching. It's kewl you don't like the game, but once is enough. I am by no means a JUS fanboy, I won't buy the game because it's not for me and amazingly I came to this conclusion by myself! Pretty amazing yeah, people thinking for themselves?

[quote name='Rocko']I think it's a great game for single player. It makes no sense to hate the game due to online aspects. If you want a fighter for the DS, it's a damn good game. And one of your only options. I think you're overdoing things a bit, and I would hope no one is steered away from the game due to your comments.[/quote]

The single-player is a lot of fun, but the AI is almost indefensibly stupid. Once you've played online, it is hard to go back simply because online players don't walk off as many ledges.

That and you simply must engage in online to get enough gems to unlock everything; it is difficult to divorce the online from the gameplay.

There is a lot of fun to be had here, though. The quantity of characters, crafting decks... the amount of content is just staggering at times. I just think it all comes together to make a poor high-level game. Of course, a lot of that won't become apparent until about the 20th or 30th hour of playing, so you will get good mileage out of it even if you DON'T like it.

I hope I can dissuade people from buying it that are being sold on aspects of the game that are poor, but I also want to make sure my comments are qualified to the point where people understand what they're getting in to.

The amount of people who do enjoy the high-end play of it should show any intelligent viewers that there is another side of the coin here.

Hey did anyone get their orders yet? Mine supposedly shipped on 9/5 but whenever I type in the tracking number they gave, it says no record of the item on the USPS site. Just wondering if this is happening to others.

Just put in an order for Ouendan 2. The first title quickly turned into my favorite DS game after I swore to myself that nothing could ever replace Band Bros. Finally started playing EBA again despite my problems with the music and it compelled me to finally make this purchase. Can't wait.

bread's done
Back