DS usb WiFi enabler

[quote name='Doom Gaze']I hope Nintendo keeps dial-up users off Wi-Fi connection. I want it lag free, and dial-up connections are pretty much unacceptable for gaming (and everything else).[/QUOTE]
Don't get your hopes up. With this USB Wi-Fi connector, even dial-up users will be able to use the online features of the DS without buying a router.

You can use either Internet Connection Sharing or some fancy schmany port forwarding stuff to share a dial-up connection over the network. Entirely doable. I used to have a dial-up shared on my network and my buddy did it for his parents.

I don't see why this couldn't do it as well. Have to see what it supports.

Still. You need an awfully good 56k connection for network gaming. Say 46-52k or so, and very good ping times with whatever server you are connecting to.

Anyone know of any retailers carrying the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector?
The only place I've seen it is in Nintendo's online store for $34.95. Anyone seen it for less?

I don't have time to read through all these posts yet. Do any retailers like best buy carry this? If BB carried this it would be an awesome deal with the $10 off any accessory 29.99 and over coupon.

damn, that sucks. I guess I'll just break down and buy it. I have a wireless router laying around but I cant figure out how to get the damn thing working. Plus when I have ethernet cords plugged into it it loses the connection for a few seconds every 15 minutes or so. It gets annoying seeing aim say "disconnected" all the time

just get one of the wireless USB access points from Newegg, only $13 and they work with all wifi devices instead of the DS only.

[quote name='Bezerker']just get one of the wireless USB access points from Newegg, only $13 and they work with all wifi devices instead of the DS only.[/QUOTE]

wow, will this really work? Has anyone tried it with the DS yet. I am definitely picking one up if it works.

bread's done
Back