Dual Shock 3 Pre-Order: $64.99 AC with Free Shipping @ YesAsia

Escobar4Life

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
I didn't see this posted so if it's old'd just close it or whatever.

PS3 DualShock3 Wireless Controller (Black) (Japan Version)
PS3 DualShock3 Wireless Controller (Ceramic White) (Japan Version)

Dual Shock 3 (black & ceramic white) is available for pre-order at YesAsia.com for $69.99 with Free Shipping. Create a new account and use this coupon: WGASIA5 for $5 off.

So you'll get the Dual Shock 3 for $64.99 with Free Shipping. :)

I don't think there will be any problems using the Japanese DS3 because it's not region coded and stuff. And I think this is my first time posting a deal.

P.S.: I don't think the price is that bad. The Sixaxis currently costs $50. So I think the Dual Shock 3 will cost $60.

Well, it's not so crazy if you need a controller anyway and don't want to pay for an outdated sixaxis.

Then again, there probably won't be any exclusive games in the near future that will really benefit from having more than one player anyway (if only Motorstorm were split-screen). I guess spring isn't such a long wait.

I bought a second controller online for $36. Then I bought a third and fourth for $75 from TRU's BOGO50%. I thought about returning the latter 2 and waiting for the DS3. But now that it looks like I could only get one for that price and I couldn't even get it until March, no way. I expected the sixaxis to drop to $35 and the DS3 would be $50. But $70 is insane.

Now if only there were any games worth playing with four players.

[quote name='whoknows']
And no, it's not flawed (at least in that sense). The Wii/360 controllers are. When I was playing Condemned my controller died. Unlucky for me I didn't have any other batteries so I couldn't even make the controller stay alive long enough to get to another save point or anything.[/quote]
when the batteries die in a 360 controller (rechargeable or not), the system pauses automatically, so you should have had all the time in the world to locate some fresh batteries and continue play. in all fairness, the fact that you were left without any way to control the system isn't a flaw, but poor planning on your part.

by your logic, a television's remote control (or myriad other wireless devices) is "flawed" because it lacks any sort of wired connectivity.

$65 for a feakin' controller?!? Screw you YesAsia!!! No freakin' way I'm paying that kinda of money for an extra controller!

Heck, I have no intention on buying another PS3 controller, period unless I have to.

*Double wraps SIXAXIS in bubble wrap*

I've gotta admit I'm pretty tempted. I missed the Play Asia pre-order and every other import site seems to be out as well.

I really want to play Ratchet and Uncharted with a decent controller.

[quote name='allyourblood']when the batteries die in a 360 controller (rechargeable or not), the system pauses automatically, so you should have had all the time in the world to locate some fresh batteries and continue play. in all fairness, the fact that you were left without any way to control the system isn't a flaw, but poor planning on your part.

by your logic, a television's remote control (or myriad other wireless devices) is "flawed" because it lacks any sort of wired connectivity.[/QUOTE]
I happened to not want to leave the 360 on all night until I went out the next day to get batteries due to 360 hardware being possibly the worst built ever.

And with a TV I could get up and change the channel or turn it on/off from the TV itself if the controller died, so that's a different story.

If I want my controller to rumble that bad, I'll attach a vibrator to it. No way I'm payin more than 40 for the DS3.

[quote name='allyourblood']when the batteries die in a 360 controller (rechargeable or not), the system pauses automatically, so you should have had all the time in the world to locate some fresh batteries and continue play. in all fairness, the fact that you were left without any way to control the system isn't a flaw, but poor planning on your part.

by your logic, a television's remote control (or myriad other wireless devices) is "flawed" because it lacks any sort of wired connectivity.[/quote]

what if i'm playing xbox live, my controller starts to give me the flash of death, and then it dies? pausing does me no good. that's not poor planning, that's just piss poor technology. by your logic, my "poor planning" just cost me that match. think again. rechargable batteries are cheap, and if sony can do it for $50 then microsoft can do it for $50 too.

So has it been confirmed that the North American region will be receiving the title updates day and date of the Japanese release? It would seem quite wasteful to buy this if they're gonna hold back game updates in regions that don't have the DS3 released yet.

[quote name='whoknows']And no, it's not flawed (at least in that sense). The Wii/360 controllers are. When I was playing Condemned my controller died. Unlucky for me I didn't have any other batteries so I couldn't even make the controller stay alive long enough to get to another save point or anything.

With the PS3 when the low battery message comes up I just plug it in to the PS3 and continue playing.[/quote]It's really that much of an inconvenience to hit the Xbox Guide button to check the battery level before you start playing? You know you could always recharge overnight or swap batteries before you start playing.

That's like someone who runs their gas tank empty and refuses to blame themselves for not looking at the gauge. The info is right there for you. It's not that difficult.

[quote name='whoknows']And no, it's not flawed (at least in that sense). The Wii/360 controllers are. When I was playing Condemned my controller died. Unlucky for me I didn't have any other batteries so I couldn't even make the controller stay alive long enough to get to another save point or anything.

With the PS3 when the low battery message comes up I just plug it in to the PS3 and continue playing.[/quote]It's really that much of an inconvenience to hit the Xbox Guide button to check the battery level before you start playing? You know you could always recharge overnight or swap batteries before you start playing.

That's like someone who runs their gas tank empty and refuses to blame themselves for not looking at the gauge. The info is right there for you. It's not that difficult.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']That's like someone who runs their gas tank empty and refuses to blame themselves for not looking at the gauge. The info is right there for you. It's not that difficult.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's really easy to check the menu.

I might be wrong, but doesn't the 360 bring up the menu automatically when the controller craps out?

From the beginning, I always used PnC kits when using the 360 controller because I didn't want to deal with popping in dbl-A batteries all the time.

The rechargeable battery packs (this goes for the Wii Nyko kit) are much more useful than the PS3's internal battery because at least I can switch them out (since I own more than one).

[quote name='opportunity777']Yeah, it's really easy to check the menu.

I might be wrong, but doesn't the 360 bring up the menu automatically when the controller craps out?

From the beginning, I always used PnC kits when using the 360 controller because I didn't want to deal with popping in dbl-A batteries all the time.

The rechargeable battery packs (this goes for the Wii Nyko kit) are much more useful than the PS3's internal battery because at least I can switch them out (since I own more than one).[/quote]I think it does. It also has a visual warning on the controller itself. The lights will pulsate around the Guide button when it's down to one bar or two, I think.

[quote name='mj1984']what if i'm playing xbox live, my controller starts to give me the flash of death, and then it dies? pausing does me no good. that's not poor planning, that's just piss poor technology. by your logic, my "poor planning" just cost me that match. think again. rechargable batteries are cheap, and if sony can do it for $50 then microsoft can do it for $50 too.[/QUOTE]

My 360 with a rechargeable battery pack gives me the flash of death for about an hour before it dies.

PS3 controllers better have had a built in recharge, since you cant use a fucking universal remote with the thing for blu rays, where your controllers are on for long periods of time without actually doing anything.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']It's really that much of an inconvenience to hit the Xbox Guide button to check the battery level before you start playing? You know you could always recharge overnight or swap batteries before you start playing.

That's like someone who runs their gas tank empty and refuses to blame themselves for not looking at the gauge. The info is right there for you. It's not that difficult.[/QUOTE]
I shouldn't have to.

With the PS3 the battery level is the last thing on my mind, but with the 360 I have to make sure the batteries will stay alive for however long I plan to play? It's a flaw, it might not be a huge one, but it is.

And I don't have a PnC kit so I can't recharge. That is something the 360 should have come with among other things.

[quote name='Gotchaforce']My 360 with a rechargeable battery pack gives me the flash of death for about an hour before it dies.

PS3 controllers better have had a built in recharge, since you cant use a fucking universal remote with the thing for blu rays, where your controllers are on for long periods of time without actually doing anything.[/QUOTE]
Turn off the controller when it's just sitting on?

[quote name='whoknows']I happened to not want to leave the 360 on all night until I went out the next day to get batteries due to 360 hardware being possibly the worst built ever.

And with a TV I could get up and change the channel or turn it on/off from the TV itself if the controller died, so that's a different story.[/quote]

What? You dont have anything else in your house with AA batteries that you could steal for long enough to save your game? Is your name Fred Flintstone? I must 15 things laying around here with AA's in them. I will admit that if your playing online your fucked tho...

I got my Black 360 controller for $30 and my black play and charge kit for $12. I'll give you a great link to where I found these amazing deals... Cheapassgamer.com

;)

[quote name='Puffa469']What? You dont have anything else in your house with AA batteries that you could steal for long enough to save your game? Is your name Fred Flintstone? I must 15 things laying around here with AA's in them. I will admit that if your playing online your fucked tho...

I got my Black 360 controller for $30 and my black play and charge kit for $12. I'll give you a great link to where I found these amazing deals... Cheapassgamer.com

;)[/QUOTE]
The only thing I have with batteries is my TV controller (AAA batteries FTL), everything else (that I can think of) is rechargeable as just about anything put out nowadays should be.

I'll have to look into getting a PnC kit eventually.

[quote name='whoknows']The only thing I have with batteries is my TV controller (AAA batteries FTL), everything else is rechargeable.[/quote]

You win this round Whoknows...

/ tents fingers and arches eyebrows...

I could buy a whole lot of good games for that price. They should have delayed the launch in which case this controller would be standard and come with the system. The PS3 could have used some fine tuning but they rushed it out for all the impatient people. I'll get the system with that controller for 300 bucks or less soon enough.

yesAsia is always overpriced.

play-asia will have it cheaper

the controller comes out in japan apparently 5 months before the US gets it, so i dunno maybe it's worth it to some people. i'd wait for play-asia tho, they always get it first and the mark up is only 10%

the controller should be the same price as the current sixaxis while the sixaxis will drop to 39.99 retail, making it 39.99 and 29.99 respectively on amazon.com

[quote name='SteveMcQ']So has it been confirmed that the North American region will be receiving the title updates day and date of the Japanese release? It would seem quite wasteful to buy this if they're gonna hold back game updates in regions that don't have the DS3 released yet.[/quote]Anyone?

[quote name='ighosty']no way i'm payin 60 for a controller, 50 is a rip off in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

People do it all the time for a Wii Controller ($40) and nunchuk ($20).

[quote name='apokalipze2']Well here's hoping they fix that annoying desyncing issue that plagues a lot of the current ps3 controllers. I can't take playing a game and then having the controller act all wonky and weird on me.[/quote]

Thats most likely just the PS3 hardware that was "fixed" with the 80GB and now the 40GB.

The DS3 will replace the SixAxis and retail at the same price point. If it doesn't, then Sony is guilty of shooting themselves in the foot...again.

I honestly can't believe people are bitching about the price and assume it will cost $65 in the US.

Are people on the internet really that stupid?

With the PS3 the battery level is the last thing on my mind, but with the 360 I have to make sure the batteries will stay alive for however long I plan to play? It's a flaw, it might not be a huge one, but it is.

It's not so much a flaw as it is an inconvienence maybe. You could make the same argument when you run out of food in your house. Both food and batteries are one time use, and the fact you didn't make sure there was something left is no one's fault but your own.

You knew the controller took AA batteries, and not looking into a cheap, rechargable solution (hell, someone posted a $4 shipped Nyko recharge kit a few months ago -- amazing deal) or simply BUYING batteries is your fault.

Now, you could make the argument you shouldn't HAVE to do the above, but I guess that's where we differ. I think people should have to think for themselves, instead of having their hand held through things.

[quote name='letsgetacid']It's not so much a flaw as it is an inconvienence maybe. You could make the same argument when you run out of food in your house. Both food and batteries are one time use, and the fact you didn't make sure there was something left is no one's fault but your own.[/QUOTE]
I think making sure I have food is a higher priority than making sure I have spare batteries for my 360 controller, then again, that's just me, aka that's a terrible comparison.

You knew the controller took AA batteries, and not looking into a cheap, rechargable solution (hell, someone posted a $4 shipped Nyko recharge kit a few months ago -- amazing deal) or simply BUYING batteries is your fault.
I didn't have a 360 months ago so that doesn't do me much good, actually it doesn't do me any good. I shouldn't have to look for a way to fix a flaw of the controller.

Now, you could make the argument you shouldn't HAVE to do the above, but I guess that's where we differ. I think people should have to think for themselves, instead of having their hand held through things.
Yeah, what the hell it's just money, right? Not like I have to work to earn it or anything. Next time I buy a car I'll make sure tires aren't included so I can go out and by those myself. Don't want to have my hand held through things, right?

I think I'm starting to understand whoknows' argument. Your problem is that the wireless controllers should come with a recharging cable and a rechargeable battery like the PS3 right? (I thought at least the wireless controller that came with the 360 has a rechargeable battery pack, but I could be mistaken.)

Anyway, I don't think that's really a hardware flaw. The actual hardware itself is fine, it just doesn't come with everything you expect--like buying a car with a tape deck when you have a CD collection. Then again, dealers offer you the option to install a CD player in-dash.

If that is your argument, though, then would it be a hardware flaw with the PS3 to not include HDMI/component cables in the box? It is an HD-capable set, but then you have to go out to buy HD cables.

There's just certain costs that come along with buying certain items. True, you won't be thinking about batteries in the short term for PS3, but what happens when they eventually die years down the line? Sony can say all they can about replacing them for free now, but we've all seen how quickly they back-pedal.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I think I'm starting to understand whoknows' argument. Your problem is that the wireless controllers should come with a recharging cable and a rechargeable battery like the PS3 right? (I thought at least the wireless controller that came with the 360 has a rechargeable battery pack, but I could be mistaken.)

Anyway, I don't think that's really a hardware flaw. The actual hardware itself is fine, it just doesn't come with everything you expect--like buying a car with a tape deck when you have a CD collection. Then again, dealers offer you the option to install a CD player in-dash.

If that is your argument, though, then would it be a hardware flaw with the PS3 to not include HDMI/component cables in the box? It is an HD-capable set, but then you have to go out to buy HD cables.

There's just certain costs that come along with buying certain items. True, you won't be thinking about batteries in the short term for PS3, but what happens when they eventually die years down the line? Sony can say all they can about replacing them for free now, but we've all seen how quickly they back-pedal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, pretty much. I think it should have come with the cable or whatever you need to recharge it instead of you being forced to buy it. The controller itself is great, its just the battery part that I count as a flaw. Had it come with whatever you needed to charge it then all would have been good, instead I have to go spend $20 to get a PnC kit.

While $20 won't make me go broke, it's still annoying, I already had to spend almost $100 for a wireless adapter, when does it end with having to buy extra stuff? (I'm not talking about just the 360 either).

And if you have a HDMI capable TV then I agree, the PS3 should have come with HDMI, or at the very least component cables. The thing is though, everyone needs a controller, but not everyone needs HDMI.

As for the PS3 controller, we can only hope Sony will continue to exchange them for at least this gen I suppose.

[quote name='whoknows']While $20 won't make me go broke, it's still annoying, I already had to spend almost $100 for a wireless adapter, when does it end with having to buy extra stuff? (I'm not talking about just the 360
either).[/QUOTE]

Sony has done a shitty job with their controllers. Why? Because when you buy an extra controller, it doesn't come with a $2 cable to charge it (at least mine didn't - bought from BB). Shouldn't it come with a cable? Are they really that cheap? Both my brother-in-law and I wanted to play Resistance, but both controllers were without charge. The only cable I had nearby was the one that originally came with the PS3. I had to go find a cable from somewhere else in my home (inconvenience) to play with both PS3 controllers at once. Also, the cable that came with the PS3 is far too short. I have a decent-sized TV, and I don't like sitting with my face up against it. Since I had to charge my controller (I used the 1st party cable which came with the PS3), I can't even sit comfortably on the couch. On top of that, I don't understand why these controllers retail for $50 without rumble, which has been a standard for years. The internal battery is lame because if my controller dies, then I have to send it to Sony. I can't buy a battery and easily switch it out myself. How long will it take for me to receive a new controller in the mail? The alternative is to get off my ass and go to the store to buy another controller. Both scenarios seem like major inconveniences. I might be able to open it up myself, find the right battery type and try to use a substitute. Again, a major inconvenience.

Everything I just mentioned is an inconvenience to me. We can nitpick all day and find flaws everywhere with all three console manufacturers. It's a matter of which flaws are more glaring than others. For instance, I would say the 360 has the crappiest reliability concerning the main console.

As far as controllers go, It is interesting you keep harping on a 'weakness' in the MS offering compared to the PS3 one. I think the Sony controller provides much less value for the same price.

I'm sorry you got ripped off on the wireless adaptor for $100, and you will be ripped off again by paying full price for a charge kit. This is CAG. There is no reason to pay those type of prices if you are a regular member of this site.

If you want to throw stones, then the retail price of the Wiimote + nunchuck + 1st party charge kit is the biggest wallet rape of them all.

IMO, MS controllers offer the best value at their price level because they are the most complete (although still incomplete) in their base form.

How are people so dense when it comes to the price of the controllers?

Both the Sixaxis and 360 Wireless are $50.

Sixaxis includes a rechargable battery that charges via a standard USB cable (included with the system).

360 Wireless has rumble, and requires AA Batteries. A rechargable play-and-charge kit costs $20 or a battery alone for $12.

When the Dual-Shock3 comes out, its going to cost $50. They currently sell for 5500yen ($46) in Japan. Of course the importers charge a little more.

Well keep in mind, you're IMPORTING it and getting it EARLY...

Either import for a premium or wait until Feb...

I'd honestly rather play Rachet & Clank and Uncharted with rumble... but that's just me... and I know other ppl would care less about it...

So it really comes down to preference with this whole ordeal...

if anyone actually pays that much for a controller....they have too much money on their hands. Thats ridicilous to charge THAT much for a controller! But then, i don't buy controllers unless i get them for $40 or less. I have 3 360 cont's, and each cost $40 or less...granted, one is wired, so no deal there :)

I think I'm gonna hold off on all future PS3 purchases until the DS3 comes out here. I can't bring myself to pay this much for a controller.

This deserves a bump just to place it next to all those kids who are GUSHING over what a deal the 360 controller for $45 is.

Seeing as how it retails for $70, and offers nothing over the DS3, it's a point that deserves mention. $70 MSRP or $65 import price: which one ought to get the feigned outrage of gamers?

[quote name='mykevermin']This deserves a bump just to place it next to all those kids who are GUSHING over what a deal the 360 controller for $45 is.

Seeing as how it retails for $70, and offers nothing over the DS3, it's a point that deserves mention. $70 MSRP or $65 import price: which one ought to get the feigned outrage of gamers?[/quote]

props to you mykevermin :applause: looking at this and the amazon DOTD 360 controller deal, i really don't see why this IMPORT/pre-order deal is so bad.

Its clear that this deal is not for cheapasses. Its for early adopters and people are willing to pay a premium for the cool factor.

But its still a deal worth posting cos this is currently the only place you can get a DS3, at any price.

And I have to agree with whoknows, ALL wireless controllers for all systems should come with rechargeable batteries and the necessary charging cables.

Im playing the hell out of MLB Power Pros for the Wii, and after killing a set of batteries in my Wiimote, and another set in my Wavebird, Ive started playing it with a good ole' wired Gamecube controller. This is a game Im prolly gonna put a hundred hours into, and theres no way Im going thru 10 sets of batteries for one game.

I know it's paying a good deal more than what the controller would cost here in the US, but I do really want to play Uncharted with Rumble after seeing the latest 1up show - the game looks great.

And hopefully Sony won't release a white dualshock 3 over here in the states, then at least when the new one comes out over in Feburary for $50 or less, I won't feel so foolish for spending so much on a controller.

Thanks, OP.

This is definitely not a deal (paying more than retail) but it might be worth it to some people. I feel bad for every PS3 owner who will have obsolete controllers next year (I'm guessing trade in values for non rumble controllers will be next to nothing).

the old controllers wont be obsolete...Rumble is not THAT important to me...its not as bad as the PSONE situation where the old ones had no analog...those went obsolete REAL quickly.

bread's done
Back