Dualshock 4 is available at Gamestop

Has anyone figured out how do get this working on PC. Found one at my local GameStop and would love to try it out on Black Ops 2. Think there is a little more to this than just plugging it in.

I picked one up tonight as well. You may need to ask the employee to check the system, and grab one from the back. The associate I spoke with had no clue, and thought they came out on 11/15. She went to the back to look and ask a manager, who came out 2 seconds later with a box of them. It's an amazing controller by the way. 

Considering trading in my DS3 and getting one, but I'm not sure if that would be a smart move. I'd still have a Fusion as a secondary controller

Could always use 2 when the PS4 comes anyway

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering trading in my DS3 and getting one, but I'm not sure if that would be a smart move. I'd still have a Fusion as a secondary controller

Could always use 2 when the PS4 comes anyway
If you got the Launch Edition ordered in time, it comes with two already.

Where does it say anything about two controllers o_O? I pre-order a PS4 on day one at both Amazon and GS and never heard anything about it.

Yeah, pretty sure that's not a thing... Unless you ordered the DS4 launch bundle that came with 2 controllers.

Does the DS4 use the same cable that the DS3 controllers use to charge? If so, it might not be a bad idea to trade in my red DS3 towards a DS4. I would still have a controller to use in the meantime, and then I would have 2 for PS4. But, on second thought, that cable is pretty short.

Does the DS4 use the same cable that the DS3 controllers use to charge? If so, it might not be a bad idea to trade in my red DS3 towards a DS4. I would still have a controller to use in the meantime, and then I would have 2 for PS4. But, on second thought, that cable is pretty short.
No it doesn't use the same USB cables, it uses a micro b USB cable the ds3 uses a mini USB connection.

Been using it to play bf3 and it's a noticeable improvement to the ds3 especially the stick sensitivity.

Damn I'm tempted as hell to get this early just to get the feel of it, on my PC but I already got in on the Amazon deal and I seriously doubt I'll need 3.
pretty sure you could jus use the gamestop receipt to return the controller you got from amazon. Not like they know where you bought it from.

Been using my DS4 to play Arkham Origins and it works quite well however the Staples branded Micro USB cable keeps slipping out and it's driving me absolutely nuts. Maybe I'll get some tape and just force it on there, lol.

Been using my DS4 to play Arkham Origins and it works quite well however the Staples branded Micro USB cable keeps slipping out and it's driving me absolutely nuts. Maybe I'll get some tape and just force it on there, lol.
you need to buy a micro usb cable in order to use the dualshock 4 on ps3 console to play games, right?

you need to buy a micro usb cable in order to use the dualshock 4 on ps3 console to play games, right?
Right. What I was saying however is the it keeps slipping out the DS4's port.

EDIT: Worth mentioning I went and bought a $8 one from a dollar store and it didn't work. I have no idea why it didn't work because it was powering the controller (the light bar came on) but it failed to work so I had to return it and go buy one at staples.

My store had a buttload of these, atleast 30 from a quick glance. Nearly caved in and got it. Might cave if I can finish more of my backlog in the next week

No it doesn't use the same USB cables, it uses a micro b USB cable the ds3 uses a mini USB connection.

Been using it to play bf3 and it's a noticeable improvement to the ds3 especially the stick sensitivity.
Thanks for pointing that out, does it come with one?

My hasn't shipped yet but I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon gives me a shipping notice or an update soon. Being on the east coast, my guess is that we have yet to get a local shipment. But then I checked the Gamestop stores here and apparently one of my stores just got it in stock. I put a hold on it for me via the pick up in store option... and I'll cancel my Amazon order once the controller is confirmed in stock and ready for pickup. =)

Thanks for pointing that out, does it come with one?

My hasn't shipped yet but I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon gives me a shipping notice or an update soon. Being on the east coast, my guess is that we have yet to get a local shipment. But then I checked the Gamestop stores here and apparently one of my stores just got it in stock. I put a hold on it for me via the pick up in store option... and I'll cancel my Amazon order once the controller is confirmed in stock and ready for pickup. =)
Like the DS3, no.

Like the DS3, no.
Bummer. I did actually find one that I did use for my worthless rocketfish USB headset that I got years ago at BB. Guess that thing had a use after all... and the cable is fairly long too. In other news, my shipment just changed on Amazon from November 15th to Wednesday. I hope Amazon doesn't ship it out early (as I want to my local GS to confirm that they do have the DS4 in stock).

How does Sony get away with selling a product without including the cable you need to charge the product?

I guess the same way Nintendo gets away with it with the 3DS XL outside of the US...

How does Sony get away with selling a product without including the cable you need to charge the product?

I guess the same way Nintendo gets away with it with the 3DS XL outside of the US...
Nintendo also sells the Wii U without a sensor bar in Japan. ;) But yeah, it is a bit of a bummer. I guess Sony would probably respond to you with "Well, the console includes one!" =S

You get the cable with the console to charge the included controller. You don't really need to get an extra cable with each new controller that you purchase.

I might get a cheap 10 foot micro USB cable once I get my PS4.  Really want to try The Last of Us with the DS4.

Any1 tried on PC yet? I saw it said "basic function" but as long as it play the games then we're good.

Just played some Battlefield 3 with the DS4. Despite the fact that there isn't a control scheme to switch the aim/fire buttons to the triggers I did WAY better than when I used to use the DS3 (I can't play FPS for shit with the DS3)

So with that said all I can say is bravo Sony bravo!

You get the cable with the console to charge the included controller. You don't really need to get an extra cable with each new controller that you purchase.

I do. I forget to recharge them all the time. I usually have both my controllers charging at the same time

Do you need the micro USB in all the time while playing? Or is it only needed for that first sync? If the former, then there's no point in ordering one early for me.

also to clarify, ds4 uses micro USB; not mini USB like with ds3. Amazing to know so many people who don't know the difference.

Do you need the micro USB in all the time while playing? Or is it only needed for that first sync? If the former, then there's no point in ordering one early for me.

also to clarify, ds4 uses micro USB; not mini USB like with ds3. Amazing to know so many people who don't know the difference.
you need the micro usb all the time to play

Yes it requires it to be wired the whole time and yes it's MICRO USB connection. Been putting the controller through its paces in bf3, Blop2, ant ssf4AE and it is definitely a stark improvement over the DS3. The d-pad is surprisingly good for fighters.

Yes it requires it to be wired the whole time and yes it's MICRO USB connection. Been putting the controller through its paces in bf3, Blop2, ant ssf4AE and it is definitely a stark improvement over the DS3. The d-pad is surprisingly good for fighters.
also not all ps3 games will work with the ds4, right? only select games will work with it?

bread's done
Back