Dumb Bitch loses $400k to Nigerian Mail Scam

$400K! Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor. She'd be lucky if all her husband did was divorce her. And after everyone, including bank officials told her it was a scam!

Scam artists suck and should be shot.

With that said, its VERY hard to feel bad for victims of a lot of these scams. Some of the less obvious ones maybe, but the ones like this do all but say THIS IS A SCAM.

I guess its true what is said about stupid people and their money though.

if President Bush and FBI Director Robert Mueller are involved it must be important. I guess she felt that it was her civic duty to help her country and pocket a little money for her patriotism.

The thing that gets me is that the family begged her to stop and she wouldn't. Couldn't the husband have taken legal action against her before all the money was gone?

[quote name='GuilewasNK']The thing that gets me is that the family begged her to stop and she wouldn't. Couldn't the husband have taken legal action against her before all the money was gone?[/quote]

Seriously... it sounds like there was more than one idiot in this mix.

mam... what a drag... her husband 's dream is shattered because her stubbornness. sad sad sad...

[quote name='ryauda2006']Seriously... it sounds like there was more than one idiot in this mix.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, thats what I am thinking. But one of the idiots "wised up" and decided not to go on record and defend his stupidity.

"An Oregon woman who is out $400,000 after falling for a well-known Internet scam says she wasn't a sucker or an easy mark."

Yes you are, you stupid bitch.

If that woman was my wife, I'd divorce her just so she couldn't touch any more of my finances. That husband better be getting a breakfast in bed after a BJ EVERY morning.

reading that shit hurt my feelings....

think about that shit....her husband probably worked hard for that retirement money. was going to just big chill!

and his stupid wife got addicted to handing out money in hopes of finally getting money. she'd be that dumb bitch who sucks countless dicks in hopes of finally finding that Mr Somebody. (that's probably how she met her husband :()

How is he not going through the divorce process right now???? I can't lie, I'd would have slapped her the moment I found out she lost 100 dollars over some damn scam!

This bitch is the reason why we still get the millions of spam emails trying to scam us out of money. If it didn't work they wouldn't still be trying it.

I love the line towards the end that read, "President Bush and FBI Director Robert Mueller were also involved, the e-mails said, and needed her help". Seriously, how dumb can you be?

"Her family and bank officials told her it was all a scam, she said, and begged her to stop, but she persisted because she became obsessed with getting paid."

Idiocy + Greed = :dunce:

This woman needs to be banned from using the internet ever again...

Man whats wrong with people these days... Can we lock her up?

Its hardly a scam if so many people are telling you its a scam and it seemed pretty obvious.

What's upsetting is how neutral the quote came across about her husband. Especially since the whole article starts with the quote:
"An Oregon woman who is out $400,000 after falling for a well-known Internet scam says she wasn't a sucker or an easy mark."

That guys retirement fund is gone! Divorce nothing, the fact her body wasn't found in a ditch means the man is a saint!

"'The retirement he was dreaming of — cruising and going around and seeing America — is pretty much gone for him right now,' she said."

Some instances of murder should be allowed.

i'd be throwing her ass out of a plane as we fly over nigeria and tell her don't come home until she finds my $400,000

[quote name='Chase']"'The retirement he was dreaming of — cruising and going around and seeing America — is pretty much gone for him right now,' she said."

Some instances of murder should be allowed.[/quote]
agreed. she killed his dream, he is out 400,000 and he'll never can make it back. rather than sight seeing he will play bingo for the rest of his life. sad:cry:.

We should just cut off access to people like this woman...People should have to pass an "internet intelligence test" before being allowed online.

WTF! That makes me angry.

[quote name='gareman']Yeah, thats what I am thinking. But one of the idiots "wised up" and decided not to go on record and defend his stupidity.[/quote]

Abraham Lincoln was quoted as saying:

"It is better to be silent, and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."

As it is plain to see, the woman in question has definitely removed all doubt about her stupidity.

I received the following email. Looks pretty legit. Can someone tell me if it's a scam or not?

Dear Sir or Madem,

Top Greetings and Salutations of the season to you. This letter might come in as a surprise as you don't know me, but rest assured that we have always been acquainted. My name is Bakouh Bakouh, and I am the wife of Mirra Bakouh, the bank manager of Bank of Nigeria (BAN) one of the most richest banks in Nigeria.

On November 11, 2008, my husband was assisanated in a bycicle accident, leaving behind 10$ Million (One Hundred Million US Dollars). We have no children since we never married, so there is no next of kin. According to Nigerian Constitution law section G paragrah 4, if the money is not claimed by an authorizeted relative, it will go back to the Nigerian government.

Here is where you come in. I have arranged for you to step in as the next of kin and claim the 10$ Million (One Hundred Million US Dollars) as my husbands' son/daughter. The only thing I ask in return is to be allowed to keep 20% of the funds for my husband's funeral expenses. 10% will be used for taxation. The other 85% will go to you.

God bless and may you rest in peace,
Bakou Bakou

i like how it says "10$ million (100 million dollars)" haha.

Sometimes i put a few items on craigs list for sale and get a reply for each listing saying something like:

Is electronics item still for sale? Please give me address to send money order from nigeria for electronics item.

[quote name='lordwow']"So, why wouldn't you send over $100?"

Understatement of the year.[/QUOTE]

Why not indeed? I can't think of anything more legitimate than people overseas declaring "You gotta spend money to make money!"

i feel bad yet I can't stop laughing. Bad enough Everyone here in the office jokes about the spam email and where we get it from, but to actually participate is crazy. lol

Here I was feeling bad that I didn't get the same letter from Spain like everyone has been getting the past week :(

someone i used to work with almost got scammed.
Wasn't exactly the same - she was selling a car, someone from Nigeria said they wanted it, and they sent a check for $5000 over the price. She was at the window at Western Union prepared to send the difference back when the teller was like "Uhh, you shouldn't be doing this".

[quote name='depascal22']I hope Obama goes over to the president of Nigeria and tells them they need to clean this shit up or we're going to invade.[/quote]

They've got lots of oil over there you know :whistle2:k

[quote name='depascal22']she has full access to all the money[/QUOTE]

That was his first mistake.

Right after marrying her, I mean.

You'd think someone would've told the husband to cut her off since she wouldn't listen to reason. Maybe he was just happy to be getting some.

Let's experiment for a bit.

She's a "CPR teacher and nursing administrator." To me that screams out roughly 40 years of age, or more clearly, "middle aged." Let's assume she got married at 18 to her husband. They've been together for 22 years. Let's assume also they dated for two years before that, since that's about an average amount. So 24 years total.

The average for married couples according to a quick google is roughly twice a week, probably more like 2.3 times, but we're going to work with whole numbers here. When you first start dating, you probably have sex a lot more than usual, so we'll say that was three times a week. And being newlywed probably continues that trend, though it dies off rather quickly soon after. So let's assume fro the first four years they were on the three-average, and the rest on the two.

So 52 weeks a year times three = 156 x four = 624 times for the first four years total. The remaining twenty years = 20 x 52 x 2, or 20 x 104, which is 2080. Total number of times: 2704.

Let's say he thrust in there an average of 30 times per session, or 81,120 times total over their marriage thus far.

Total cost per penetration: $4.93. Total cost per session: $147.93. Total cost per year: $15384.72. All on average.

Talk about gettin' screwed. She better have an ass that just don't quit.

And since sadly I'm probably optimistic, he probably has sex way less than this, which means the cost probably shoots up.

[quote name='depascal22']You'd think someone would've told the husband to cut her off since she wouldn't listen to reason. Maybe he was just happy to be getting some.[/QUOTE]

I want to point out I hadn't read this before writing the above, but clearly we're somewhat thinking the same. :]

$5 bucks a pump ain't too bad.

I mean he's deaf so it's not like he's got the ladies falling all over him to get a piece. Not saying there's anything wrong with being deaf but it does cut down the market a bit for an eligible bachelor.

Also, she could've been blabbing on about anything and he could've thought she was talking about dinner recipes or gossip. I'm sure the only thing she signed him was not to open the mail or touch the computer.

EDIT -- I was just thinking of an even more nefarious scheme. What if there isn't any Nigerian scam? What if she was just funnelling the money to an account in the Caymans and she's gonna dump the poor schlub after she gets a divorce?

[quote name='Strell']Let's experiment for a bit.

She's a "CPR teacher and nursing administrator." To me that screams out roughly 40 years of age, or more clearly, "middle aged." Let's assume she got married at 18 to her husband. They've been together for 22 years. Let's assume also they dated for two years before that, since that's about an average amount. So 24 years total.

The average for married couples according to a quick google is roughly twice a week, probably more like 2.3 times, but we're going to work with whole numbers here. When you first start dating, you probably have sex a lot more than usual, so we'll say that was three times a week. And being newlywed probably continues that trend, though it dies off rather quickly soon after. So let's assume fro the first four years they were on the three-average, and the rest on the two.

So 52 weeks a year times three = 156 x four = 624 times for the first four years total. The remaining twenty years = 20 x 52 x 2, or 20 x 104, which is 2080. Total number of times: 2704.

Let's say he thrust in there an average of 30 times per session, or 81,120 times total over their marriage thus far.

Total cost per penetration: $4.93. Total cost per session: $147.93. Total cost per year: $15384.72. All on average.

Talk about gettin' screwed. She better have an ass that just don't quit.

And since sadly I'm probably optimistic, he probably has sex way less than this, which means the cost probably shoots up.

I want to point out I hadn't read this before writing the above, but clearly we're somewhat thinking the same. :][/QUOTE]

You're forgetting present value of future payouts. Pussy in the future is a lot cheaper than pussy in the present day, when adjusted for inflation and consumption trends.

bread's done
Back