Dungeon Siege III $30/$20, Deus Ex $40, Dead Island $46 & More - Amazon DotW

[quote name='FRAUD_WHATS_THAT']for what it's worth, I rented Dead Island (360) and think that game is well worth the $60 full price. But I just bought Gears of War 3 at full price and don't think it's worth anything over $40.

I have also beat 75% of the main storyline and I still would pay $46 thru amazon for this game. To me this game reminds me alot of oblivion, just so much to do in the game, sidequests, screwing around, loot / sell system.

I would so be up for a Gears of War 3 for Dead Island trade?[/QUOTE]

Your post is the definition of what it is to be a CAG. Price combined with the intangible "the game is worth...to me" is relative to the person and their budget.

For example, I'm on a tight budget at the moment and wanted a game that I could enjoy for the next 2 months. My decision came down to Gears 3 vs. Dead Island. I'm not a Gears fan, but I read, watched, and heard how great the game played. I've heard, read, and watched nothing but mediocrity from Dead Island. So in the end my $60 went to Gears 3. Why? Because it was the best value for my money. Does that mean Dead Island is not worth my time or money? No. Does it mean Dead Island is a terrible game and Gears 3 is a great game? No. It means that, relatively speaking, my $60 was better spent on a game that a majority of my friends and I will play for 2 months nonstop, in addition to a great single player campaign, and overall polish.

The majority of people here will probably get Dead Island when the price is right for them because, in the end, we're all gamers. The price of a game that is reasonable for one person does not reflect the overall quality, or enjoyment, of the game.

/rant

[quote name='Kenshindono']you know this save glitch has me wondering.. what happens if you go to play this game like 5-10 years down the road when xbox lives not around to patch anymore? You will have lost your patch since the 360 doesn't keep them on the HD. Being unable to update you will either not be able to load your saves, or have to start all over and get them corrupted again.

Shit like that is why I find this current day 1 patch need most games have totally inexcusable.[/QUOTE]

you'll be able to find the patch online and save it to a flash drive or something and then transfer that onto your xbox360. Xbox live going down is not an issue in terms of patches

Dead Island was FUN it has it's flaws but it's damn fun. Poor mans Fallout + zombies - guns = :D I played about 20 hrs finished the main story at about level 32 and never saw any major glitches as many cried about.

Finished it yesterday and my copy sold for damn near $46 after all fees and shipping were deducted. :D On to Gears 3, Rage, yada yada AND yada. lol

I had fun with dead island for about 3-4 hours after that it just got kinda old for me. My biggest gripe is having to repair your weapons so goddamn often. Even after fully upgrading the fucking things they still breakdown just as fast as any other weapons.

I would advise you guys to rent the game first, I noticed when people see a zombie game that doesn't get completely smashed by critics they seem to wet their pants with joy (like myself), but after actually playing Dead Island, if I had known I was getting an unpolished game that just seems average I would have held out a few months longer, again if you're the kind a guy who can just mindlessly hack and slash at things (like Dynasty Warriors) and still like it then I guess this would be for you but you need to know this game is just a first person hack and slash with zombies in it, there is no intriguing story, you won't like any of the characters, and if the trailer is what sold you then this game will surely disappoint you.

Where is all the bad reviews coming from? According to meteoritic its sitting at a 70 or so which is average. With only one completely negative review and a 50/50 split from neutral and positive.

So that tells me it's a decent game

Dead Island is a decent game in my mind. Its fun and enjoyable yet the every time I play it I feel like it should have had more. I honestly think the game needed more development time, but as it stands I find the game to be decent and a good time with some flaws.

[quote name='letallis']God this is getting my hopes high of scoring dead island and deus ex for really cheap on black friday[/QUOTE]

Same here, but I don't think that the drop will be too much.

Dead Island for 29.99 on Black Friday is gonna happen. To all CAGs out there, Save up all your money's for Black Friday, don't pull the trigger on recent price drops. There will be good games having awesome pricr drops and splurge like crazy. That's what I usually do anyway, save up and splurge on games and Blu-ray movies :p

[quote name='NolbertoS']Dead Island for 29.99 on Black Friday is gonna happen. To all CAGs out there, Save up all your money's for Black Friday, don't pull the trigger on recent price drops. There will be good games having awesome pricr drops and splurge like crazy. That's what I usually do anyway, save up and splurge on games and Blu-ray movies :p[/QUOTE]
Will have 400-500 bucks/amazon credit put back for Black Friday :D

[quote name='Redbaron67']Temping to get Dungeon siege 3 but I really wanna wait for the 20buck mark, I have a big enough back log to finish.[/QUOTE]

Same boat!

[quote name='joshnorm']Where is all the bad reviews coming from? According to meteoritic its sitting at a 70 or so which is average. With only one completely negative review and a 50/50 split from neutral and positive.

So that tells me it's a decent game[/QUOTE]
Reviewers get paid for the experience, users pay for the experience. You'd be wise to trust the latter.

Anyone know about hwo long the Deus Ex main story is? I'm thinking about using a free rental code at my redbox to get it for a night or two. Just wondering if it's possible to beat within that time.

[quote name='steelcurtain11']Anyone know about hwo long the Deus Ex main story is? I'm thinking about using a free rental code at my redbox to get it for a night or two. Just wondering if it's possible to beat within that time.[/QUOTE]
Looking at my Steam played, exactly 30 hours but I tooled around A LOT trying different paths and hacking. If you played straight through, probably 20 hours or less.

[quote name='steelcurtain11']Anyone know about hwo long the Deus Ex main story is? I'm thinking about using a free rental code at my redbox to get it for a night or two. Just wondering if it's possible to beat within that time.[/QUOTE]

20-30 hours is the average. Considerably shorter if you're skipping side quests

[quote name='Kenshindono']you know this save glitch has me wondering.. what happens if you go to play this game like 5-10 years down the road when xbox lives not around to patch anymore? You will have lost your patch since the 360 doesn't keep them on the HD. Being unable to update you will either not be able to load your saves, or have to start all over and get them corrupted again.

Shit like that is why I find this current day 1 patch need most games have totally inexcusable.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='urallgyots']you'll be able to find the patch online and save it to a flash drive or something and then transfer that onto your xbox360. Xbox live going down is not an issue in terms of patches[/QUOTE]

No, you wont. The 360 does not physically save patches. It only saves a certain number of patches in its internal cache. It doesn't actually physically store anything. Not like the PS3, or any sane system. After you play a certain number of games you will be prompted to repatch an older game because it no longer holds that patch. Its not even a large number.. i think its about a dozen or less, because i have to re-patch all the damn time. This will seriously fuck over games that were broken from day 1 like this. If xbox live ever goes down your never gonna be able to play them again.

Hell, its not even limited to just games screwed from day 1. A lot of games wont let you load a save unless you have the current patch. So going back and playing a game with a patched save file, and the system has deleted your patch, will result in an unplayable game as well. This is a huge problem that is going to really suck several years down the road

[quote name='Jodou']It's not just on PS3; PC has no v-sync without manual editing and it's fucking awful. Even the intro movie tears like crazy and that's a .wmv file. [/QUOTE]

i knew the 360 version had it to a lesser degree but thats surprising the pc has it as well.. yeesh. I know this is a new developer and all but this is NOT an impressive first game

@ the guys comment about Oblivion btw, i think he may have meant the gameplay. It has the same kinda floaty weak combat

You know after reading how many people have stopped playing this game, i'm willing to be the used market for this will be flooded very shortly for those of you who buy 2nd hand

Anyone have any opinions on Dungeon Siege 3? I didn't play the first two, but for $20 it looks like it could be fun.

hmm i bought deus for 34.99 but i had to return it because of the disc had a small crack so this is not a go for me.

[quote name='Terlan']Anyone have any opinions on Dungeon Siege 3? I didn't play the first two, but for $20 it looks like it could be fun.[/QUOTE]

It's a steam game, so I'm thinking it could probably dip lower than 20.

If you don't need a retail copy, which for steam you wouldn't, then I bet the black friday/Holiday sales will get it cheaper...

Since there is a DLC coming, I bet Steam may have a package sale on it when it releases.

I might be interested since D3 isn't coming till forever.... but I'm super cheap too, so I'm holding off.

Crap I really want to get the augmented edition of Deus Ex, I wonder if they are putting out the soundtrack separately. I rented it for a few days and LOVED the soundtrack. Had to return it, didn't finish, and enjoyed it so much that I definitely want to pick up the game for keeps anyways, and the soundtrack would be nice too.

Graaah this is so tempting but I really want to wait for the innevitable steam Christmas sale that includes Dungeon Siege 1 and 2.

[quote name='biodole']Not sure if you guys even know but this game is hardly worth 4.99 let alone 44.99. Have you guys actually played it? It feels like a pre-alpha build. Tons of glitches and bugs. Extremely easy. Characters suck. Oh yeah and you are constantly repairing weapons by putting them on a table and paying the table money. Yes that's right, you give money to an inanimate object to magically repair your items. Brilliant.[/QUOTE]

I read a lot about the weapon degradation, and after a while lost interest in the game completely. I hate it when they make weapons degrade like that . . . they should either work, or run out of ammo (if applicable, and of course you should be able to find more ammo), otherwise forget it. Its an easy pass.

[quote name='Kenshindono']No, you wont. The 360 does not physically save patches. It only saves a certain number of patches in its internal cache. It doesn't actually physically store anything. Not like the PS3, or any sane system. After you play a certain number of games you will be prompted to repatch an older game because it no longer holds that patch. Its not even a large number.. i think its about a dozen or less, because i have to re-patch all the damn time. This will seriously fuck over games that were broken from day 1 like this. If xbox live ever goes down your never gonna be able to play them again.

Hell, its not even limited to just games screwed from day 1. A lot of games wont let you load a save unless you have the current patch. So going back and playing a game with a patched save file, and the system has deleted your patch, will result in an unplayable game as well. This is a huge problem that is going to really suck several years down the road

i knew the 360 version had it to a lesser degree but thats surprising the pc has it as well.. yeesh. I know this is a new developer and all but this is NOT an impressive first game

@ the guys comment about Oblivion btw, i think he may have meant the gameplay. It has the same kinda floaty weak combat

You know after reading how many people have stopped playing this game, i'm willing to be the used market for this will be flooded very shortly for those of you who buy 2nd hand[/QUOTE]
That's not entirely true. Some games, like Rock Band 3, allow you to select a storage device to save the update, and then it actually saves it to your storage device as a "title update" instead of to the cache.

Seriously?...

My girlfriend literally just bought the Augmented Version (PS3) for me the other day as a present paying the full price ($70)

And of course I opened it all excited like.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']Seriously?...

My girlfriend literally just bought the Augmented Version (PS3) for me the other day as a present paying the full price ($70)

And of course I opened it all excited like.[/QUOTE]

Buy and return it?

[quote name='Terlan']Anyone have any opinions on Dungeon Siege 3? I didn't play the first two, but for $20 it looks like it could be fun.[/QUOTE]

Really fun co op game. I played it when my cousin visited last xmas. The only problem was the camera was a bit wonky and it didn't let you wander very far from your allies. I would have prefered if it let you do system link, but i hear even with that you cant wander very far.

Definitely worth 20 bucks, id say its worth it at 39.99 or less. This is assuming you like old school dungeon crawlers btw

[quote name='chimpmeister']I read a lot about the weapon degradation, and after a while lost interest in the game completely. I hate it when they make weapons degrade like that . . . they should either work, or run out of ammo (if applicable, and of course you should be able to find more ammo), otherwise forget it. Its an easy pass.[/QUOTE]

well if it was handled right weapon degradation would be ok. I mean a bat probably WILL eventually splinter and break after bashing zombies for a while, and a Fanchette will dull eventually. But not at the cartoony level they have it at. They should last a good long while. In this game you cant even finish a mission without having 4 or 5 weapons all go down to broken, thats absurd

weapon degradation in and of itself isn't too terrible, its just almost always implemented piss poorly in games.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']That's not entirely true. Some games, like Rock Band 3, allow you to select a storage device to save the update, and then it actually saves it to your storage device as a "title update" instead of to the cache.[/QUOTE]

That is true, there are a tiny handful of games that do this.. and i mean tiny. You could proably count them on 1, maybe 2 hands top. And i dont think any of them are the games that are seriously borked with day 1 update requirements

bread's done
Back