DVD Boxset deals at Big Lots Warner Bros, Hanna Barbera season sets $3, $6, and $10

Friend of Sonic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
Trade thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231128

Big Azz sale at Big Lots on Warner Bros. sets (with some Hanna Barbera cartoons, and a spot of HBO DVDs) Originally the sale was only for 6 dollar sets, as advertised in their circular ad, but now they've added $3 and $10 sets. (These $3 and $10 sets, while currently ringing up at the correct prices, are supposed to be withheld for the 07/26 sales ad, which would explain why there may be trouble seeing them early, depending on your store)

Here are the boxsets seperated by price group.

$3

Adventures of Superman [Live action from '50s] (multiple seasons noted, need specifics)
Appleseed ExMachina 2 disc Steelcase
Batman the Animated Series volume 1 and Superman (90s cartoon) volume 1 bundled together
Batman the Animated Series (volumes 1, 3, 4)
Batman Beyond (Seasons 2, 3)
Best of Larry King interviews
Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines complete series
Everwood season 1
Flintstones (seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Johnny Quest season 1
Josie and the Pussy Cats complete series
Mission Hill complete series
Murphy Brown season 1 (price needs confirmation)
New Adventures of Lois and Clark (seasons 1, 2, 3, 4)
Pebbles and Bam-Bam show complete series
Perils of Penelope Pitstop
Popeye the Sailor 1933-1938 shorts collection
Power Puff Girls complete series
Space Ghost and Dino Boy complete series
Superman four disc SE
Tales from the Crypt (seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Tom and Jerry three disc set
Top Cat complete series
Veronica Mars season 2
Wacky Races complete series
War at Home season 1

$6

Animaniacs (volumes 1, 2, 3)
Babylon 5 movie collection
Blade: The Complete Series
Dallas (seasons 1+2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Drew Carey season 1
Dukes of Hazard (seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
ER (seasons 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Friends (Seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Full House (seasons 5, 6)
History of Rock and Roll
Jamie Fox Show (select seasons)
Joey season 1
Justice League (two pack and three pack of episodes spotted)
Knots Landing season 1 (also select seasons)
Lakers' Championship
Life Goes On season 1
Loonatics Unleashed season 1
Looney Tunes short spotlight collection volume 2 (not the normal big set, this is something smaller with half the content)
NFL Inside the Vault
Night Court season 1
Nightmares and Dreamscapes
:br: Nip Tuck season 4 (also on :dvd:)
The OC (seasons 2, 3)
Pinky and the Brain (volumes 1, 2)
Pro Football Hall of Fame: 85 years of Greatness
Pup named Scooby Doo two-pack
Roots: 30th Anniversary
Roots: The Next Generation
Samurai Jack seasons 1-3 pack (entire series)
Scooby Doo season 3
Scooby Doo Best of New Scooby Doo Movies
Scooby Doo movie 5-pack
Scooby Doo Dynomutt Hour complete series
Scooby Doo/Tom and Jerry two pack movie set
Six Feet Under season 3 (also select seasons)
Smallville season 4 (also select seasons)
:br: Smallville (seasons 6, 7)
Southpark three pack [not full seasons]
Super Bowl Collections (I-X, XI-XX, XXI-XXX, XXXI-XL)
Super Friends (volume 1, volume 2)
Super Friends: The Legendary Super Powers Show- The Complete series (13 episodes)
Thundercats (season 1 volume 1, season 1 volume 2, season 1 volume 3, season 2 volume 2)
Tracey Takes On (seasons 1, 2)
Wait till your Father Comes Home season 1
The West Wing season 2
Wonder Woman (complete series and invidual box sets of seasons spotted)

$10

IMAX movie collection
Looney Tunes Golden Collection 1-5 bundle
Looney Tunes movie collection (The Bugs Bunny/Road-Runner Movie, and 1001 Rabbit Tales)
Roots complete collection
Stanley Kubrick movie collection
Super Bowl collection (all four sets combined?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I saw Westwood Season 1 for $3, and several $3 Nickelodeon DVD's, the most notable being Rugrats, BUT.......they were the new episodes, which IIRC, sucked horribly. If they were the older eps I probably would have bought them. Also saw the usual 20+ copies of dukes of hazard, OC, ER, night court, etc.

Still no sign of flinstones or Tales from the crypt. I picked up Pinky and the brain Vol. 2 for $6 though. I will be checking back later this week to see if they put anything new out. Flinstones and tales from the crypt seasons I want badly.

Didn't see this in the initial post, but does anyone know how long the sale will run? When does it end?

Oh and went to my local BL, looks like they haven't stocked up yet. Gonna check again on Mon.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Didn't see this in the initial post, but does anyone know how long the sale will run? When does it end?

Oh and went to my local BL, looks like they haven't stocked up yet. Gonna check again on Mon.[/QUOTE]

It is not a sale in the typical sense. This will be the regular price for the DVDs. According to an employee the $6-$10 sets are "seasonal" (of course at big lots, that may be defined as full seasons, but I am pretty sure they meant seasonal) and the $3 sets will trickle in until stock is depleted.

Has anyone ever seen supernatural, and true blood box sets at big lots, and if so what price were they. standard or blueray.

[quote name='psychomatt']Has anyone ever seen supernatural, and true blood box sets at big lots, and if so what price were they. standard or blueray.[/QUOTE]

doubt you will ever find either one of those for years at big lots ... they are selling way too well to dump them to a clearence center

I went when it opened today hoping to get some decent things especially since nobody in this thread or the DVDtalk thread seemed to mention my store but all i got was a opened season 2 Flintstones...2 wacky races sets, war at home, and appleseed machina steelbook (with best buy exclusive book)

i guess i may have to keep an eye on ebay or amazon to get the rest of Flintstones

[quote name='psychomatt']Has anyone ever seen supernatural, and true blood box sets at big lots, and if so what price were they. standard or blueray.[/QUOTE]

lol. joke right?

[quote name='slidecage']doubt you will ever find either one of those for years at big lots ... they are selling way too well to dump them to a clearence center[/QUOTE]

do you know how often they get new stuff in. the only reason i asked is because the closest big lots by me is 30 minutes away.

[quote name='psychomatt']do you know how often they get new stuff in. the only reason i asked is because the closest big lots by me is 30 minutes away.[/QUOTE]

Box sets are usually 5+ years old..and usually shows that dont do so well. And boxsets are also pretty rare finds aside from these ones the last few weeks.

[quote name='psychomatt']do you know how often they get new stuff in. the only reason i asked is because the closest big lots by me is 30 minutes away.[/QUOTE]

Don't expect to see anything like Supernatural or True Blood at big lots for another 5 year or so, IF they even get it, Big Lots just randomly gets things and there is no telling what or when they ever will get these.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Don't expect to see anything like Supernatural or True Blood at big lots for another 5 year or so, IF they even get it, Big Lots just randomly gets things and there is no telling what or when they ever will get these.[/QUOTE]

I was just asking, because someone said they bought the 7 season of smallville on blueray at big lots for 6 dollars.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jedi1979']I went when it opened today hoping to get some decent things especially since nobody in this thread or the DVDtalk thread seemed to mention my store but all i got was a opened season 2 Flintstones...2 wacky races sets, war at home, and appleseed machina steelbook (with best buy exclusive book)

i guess i may have to keep an eye on ebay or amazon to get the rest of Flintstones[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, once ebay and amazon get flooded enough with these sets, nobody will buy them, the demand will go down, and they'll be big lots prices again. Hopefully all the bastards who thought they would make a fortune off these will make no more then a dollar profit. :applause: Maybe someday I'll see some of these at a garage sale in mint condition, because they couldn't move them, and offer a buck.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']Don't worry, once ebay and amazon get flooded enough with these sets, nobody will buy them, the demand will go down, and they'll be big lots prices again. Hopefully all the bastards who thought they would make a fortune off these will make no more then a dollar profit. :applause: Maybe someday I'll see some of these at a garage sale in mint condition, because they couldn't move them, and offer a buck.[/QUOTE]

amazon almost already is tundercats season 2 vol 1 and 2 are around 9 and 10 new shipped

it would be 6.42 here ... less then 3 bucks extra to get them ship via amazon...

too bad i dont have the room for them ...... He man was 10 per season last year at best buy and still have not recovered (still can get them off amazon dirt cheap) so for the hoarders who think they can just wait till the prices go up.... i wouldnt hold my breath.

(though with goozex starting to take DVDS next month it be interesting to see what these sets would fetched there)

Yesturday Picked up the following for $3.00 each
Tales from the Crypt Season 2 (Last One)
Tales from the Crypt Season 3
Tales from the Crypt Season 4
Tales from the Crypt Season 5 (Last One)
Superman: TAS Vol 1 x3 (1 for myself & Friend) [Might use last one for trade]
Appleseed Ex-Machina BB Exclusive (Last One)

Saw plenty of Flintstones, Popeye, Lois & Clark forgot which one, Oldschool Superman series, Tales from the Crypt Season 3/4. Was trying to find Season 1,6,7 of Tales from the Crypt but no luck. Has anybody found those three seasons or all they just carry is 2-5?

hey guys Just bought Season 2 of The Flinstones and Popeye 1933-1938 Sets for 3.00 Each. :D Was looking there for Pinky and/or Animaniacs but I guess it came down to luck on that one.

[quote name='Greenboom98']Yesturday Picked up the following for $3.00 each

Saw plenty of Flintstones, Popeye, Lois & Clark forgot which one, Oldschool Superman series, Tales from the Crypt Season 3/4. Was trying to find Season 1,6,7 of Tales from the Crypt but no luck. Has anybody found those three seasons or all they just carry is 2-5?[/QUOTE]

how is appleseed...... i probally end up goin back this week and that movie just keeps tempting me to buy it at 3.00

for tales I only seen season 1 once seen 3 4 5 at 3 different places

seems Tales 1 and after 5 are hard to find and Flintstones season 6

on saturday one big lots had 20 Flintstones season 3s (and they been sitting there for 4 days so noone wanted them LOL)

[quote name='Greenboom98']Yesturday Picked up the following for $3.00 each

Saw plenty of Flintstones, Popeye, Lois & Clark forgot which one, Oldschool Superman series, Tales from the Crypt Season 3/4. Was trying to find Season 1,6,7 of Tales from the Crypt but no luck. Has anybody found those three seasons or all they just carry is 2-5?[/QUOTE]

Wow were all those Tales from the Crypts found at the same store??? No luck with any "Tales" at the store I was at. After all, I walked out with Flinstones and Popeye which apparently are in every store at the moment hahaha!

I've been doing searches on these and alot of them are already starting to fall. Most of these are starting to hover around $4-$6 + shipping, with a few exceptions. I think the ONLY set out of all of these that will still hold any decent value after the wave dies out is the Looney Tunes 1-5 golden collection. It's always been pretty pricey.

If anyone is frustrated at not finding what you want, wait until the prices plummet online. Then buy them. I'm gonna use some of my P2S credit if I luck out........

Wow, I found a lot more than I expected to at my local Big Lots... I picked up:

The Flintstones - Seasons 1-6
Top Cat - Complete series
Wacky Races - Complete Series
Dastardly & Muttley in Their Flying Machines - Complete Series
Popeye 1933-1938
The Pebbles & Bamm-Bamm Show - Complete Series
Huckleberry Hound - Vol 1
Super Friends - Legendary Super Powers - Complete Series
Birdman & The Galaxy Trio - Complete Series
The Perils of Penelope Pitstop - Complete Series
Wait Till Your Father Gets Home - Season 1

... and The Drew Carey Show - Season 1, which is the oddball of the lot.

Now all I need is a box of Cookie Crisp & a pair of Star Wars pajamas, and I can recreate my childhood :)

The Big Lots in town are pretty much completely wiped out. However, we went to another FYE to check prices on these box sets, and this one didn't have them marked down, so I'm sure it's YMMV.

However, my gf found a copy of Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis at FYE's, which I've been wanting, and it was only $15. I just hooked the PS2 back up for it.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']I was told the "West Coast" did not receive Flintstones season 1.
Anyone know if that true or not?[/QUOTE]

Well I'm on the West Coast (Sacramento area) and have hit 5 different Big Lots over the past week and have found only Flintstones 2-5, so I'd say seasons 1 and 6 are tough to find, not only on the Left Coast, but all over it appears.

[quote name='Greenboom98']Was trying to find Season 1,6,7 of Tales from the Crypt but no luck. Has anybody found those three seasons or all they just carry is 2-5?[/QUOTE]

I found Tales from the Crypt 1-6 all at the same Big Lots today. I don't think anyone has reported finding season 7, but I could be wrong.

My store is so weird, they are chain moving their inventory.

When this first started, they only had scooby doo. They had a ton, but then we had the friends and family 20% off. All of scooby doo disappeared and they had a ton of flintstones seasons 4, 5 and 6. Two days later, they were all gone and replaced with about 20 wacky races, popeye and like 3 other shows. Then today everything was gone and all they had were 4 copies of dasterdly and muttley, a few Top Cat, a shelf full of lois and clark and about 5-6 Appleseed steelbook.

The other stores around here havent gone through nearly as much stock, it seems. Still no luck on Johnny Quest or powerpuff girls, which was pretty much the only thing I wanted for myself.

the employees over here are a bunch of lazy asses it seems, because it took them almost a week after the ad was released to put out the P&B, animaniacs, OC and all those. Wonder how long they'll wait to put out the new batch. Maybe it's a strategy to retaliate against the hoarders.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']the employees over here are a bunch of lazy asses it seems, because it took them almost a week after the ad was released to put out the P&B, animaniacs, OC and all those. Wonder how long they'll wait to put out the new batch. Maybe it's a strategy to retaliate against the hoarders.[/QUOTE]

According to the OP, the ad for these start today, so they were in fact on time. Other stores just put them up as they got them.

[quote name='Link927']According to the OP, the ad for these start today, so they were in fact on time. Other stores just put them up as they got them.[/QUOTE]

Technically, the ad started today...but the ads get sent to "insiders" (still not sure what that means) on Thursdays, and apparently the stores are supposed to have the merchandise out for that. The store I went to yesterday afternoon had the signs and ads out already; judging from their stock, the one I went to this morning actually did wait until today.

Then there's the first store I went to, which had the Hanna-Barbera stuff on Friday of last week. :D

Anyway, you're right: this is definitely a YMMV situation.

Well, I was the 2nd customer in this morning and the first one to look at the dvds. I got a few things but nothing of the sorts of The Powerpuff Girls set like I and many others have been looking to find. I did get:

Top Cat Complete series (dad's christmas present)
Batman The Animated Series Vol. 1/ Superman The Animated Series Vol. 1 (two pack) x 2
Popeye 1933-1938
Huckleberry Hound Vol 1 (dad's christmas present)
Super Friends Vol. 1 x 2 (one is for my dad's christmas present)
Appleseed Ex-Machina Best Buy Exclusive w/ sticker

Not a bad haul really...my wife wanted to go after I got off work so we went back up there and picked up Everything Is Illuminated and God, The Devil, and Bob both for $3, so I can't complain except for not getting my beloved Powerpuffs!

I went out today and came back mostly happy-- found Mission Hill. I was escatic about that. Also, along with my Appleseed Ex Machina steelbook, I found the collector's edition of Dark Crysal. Be sure to look out for that. Also, this could be a new find, but found season 1 of Huckleberry Hound, which is actually one of my more favorite Hanna Barbera cartoons, so I was pleasantly surprised to have found it. EDIT: Not new, d'oh!

Aside from that, a bunch of repeats that don't need long, drawn out repeating-- the old Superman live action show (2-6 for me, I didn't find season 1 sadly) Penelope Pitstop, Josie and the Pussycats, etc.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I found the collector's edition of Dark Crysal. Be sure to look out for that. [/QUOTE]

This is an old one. I bought it from a big lots employee over a year ago. It would be nice if they got another wave of them!

Almost got into a scuffle with a hoarder today.

I got there right at open, and headed for the DVD rack. When I got there, this lady barges in front of me with a shopping cart and starts literally sliding DVDs off of the shelf with two hands and dumping them into her cart as fast as she can.

We're talking she grabbed 12+ sets of Flinstones Season 6. She was hardcore.

I ducked to the side and under her arms, and grabbed the last two copies of Batman: TAS Vol2. When I stood back up, she glared at me and said:

"Excuse me, sir, I was here first. Those are mine."

I blinked in disbelief. Was she serious? I said as much.

"Yeah. I was here before you. I was looking at them. Giive them to me."

I told her no, I was just fine with *my* two DVDs. I'd be paying for them and leaving.

She glared again and said "Well I never!" She looked like she wanted to hit me. Lady was getting furious over Batman! Granted, $3 Batman, but sheesh.

"Yeah, *never* got these two box sets. See ya, lady!" I replied smartly, and walked away, going to the checkout. She followed me, and told the clerk that I took them from her cart.

He looked at me, then at her, rolled his eyes, and helped me to check out. The DVD rack is right near the registers--he knew I didn't take them from her.

Yeesh. I never knew that "BigLots iz serious business" until today.

Big Lots really needs to put a limit to how many people can buy on these. Its awful that they let (obvious) resellers just waltz on in and buy all these up. I sent off an e-mail to Big Lots online with this being mentioned to them along with a few other complaints about how my store has handed these boxsets (and their customer service). I'll let you know what becomes of this but honestly... I don't expect much of anything outside of my complaint hitting the trash bin.

[quote name='TheInfiniteAmmo']Almost got into a scuffle with a hoarder today.

I got there right at open, and headed for the DVD rack. When I got there, this lady barges in front of me with a shopping cart and starts literally sliding DVDs off of the shelf with two hands and dumping them into her cart as fast as she can.

I ducked to the side and under her arms, and grabbed the last two copies of Batman: TAS Vol2. When I stood back up, she glared at me and said:

I told her no, I was just fine with *my* two DVDs. I'd be paying for them and leaving.

She glared again and said "Well I never!" She looked like she wanted to hit me. Lady was getting furious over Batman! Granted, $3 Batman, but sheesh.

"Yeah, *never* got these two box sets. See ya, lady!" I replied smartly, and walked away, going to the checkout. She followed me, and told the clerk that I took them from her cart.

He looked at me, then at her, rolled his eyes, and helped me to check out. The DVD rack is right near the registers--he knew I didn't take them from her.

Yeesh. I never knew that "BigLots iz serious business" until today.[/QUOTE]

you should of said FINE o by the way I saw those 12 flintstones in your cart first and you pushed in front of me.... so your logic all of those DVDS you have should be mine cause i saw them first or when she pushed if front of you should should of fell down and demanded she be charged with assult : )

sort of sounds like this fat #$#$# we had at best buy a few years back the day after thanksgiving.... woman weigh about 500 pounds and was just pushing her fat ass into the crowd knocking crap and people over.... She demanded that all of the cheap tvs were hers cause she saw them 2 days ago and the SOB worker gave her all 5 tvs (even though it said 1 per peson)) she said she had 4 other people standing outside......

went up and talked to a manager and got a better tv at the same price..when the fat SOB found that out she threw a fit and the told her to take her tvs and leave or they will call the cops and force her out....

Even if it was limit 2 per person the workers would be too lazy to enforce the rules

[quote name='TheInfiniteAmmo']Almost got into a scuffle with a hoarder today.

Yeesh. I never knew that "BigLots iz serious business" until today.[/QUOTE]

So thats where all the Season 6 Flintstones sets are. lol

Whenever I look through the rack a bunch of people out of nowhere just walk right over to it and start skimping through. Were you ever in a store, looking at something (specifically stuff on clearance), and then all of a sudden some old crusty guy comes over and starts digging through it? I see guys like that all the time. They just walk in, look at stuff other people are looking at, and either leave, or grab multiple quantities of a single item. I don't know wether it's just people bargain hunting or a flipper.

heads up for the people who want to know what the thundercats were like.. if you have comcast at least here) ON DEMAND under kids they have the thundercats cartoon show you can watch for free : )

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']Whenever I look through the rack a bunch of people out of nowhere just walk right over to it and start skimping through. Were you ever in a store, looking at something (specifically stuff on clearance), and then all of a sudden some old crusty guy comes over and starts digging through it? I see guys like that all the time. They just walk in, look at stuff other people are looking at, and either leave, or grab multiple quantities of a single item. I don't know wether it's just people bargain hunting or a flipper.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me a while back. It started with only myself and another older guy, then a woman with her baby comes by. By the time I left there were at least a dozen people looking all over the area, most people holding two or three titles.

And regarding the hoarder lady, I'm glad I've never had to deal with people like that.

I can attest to Justice League Season 1 Bluray showing up at Big lots. Picked up 2 copies today, they got three in. I picked up Flintstones 3-6, Wacky Races, Huckleberry Hound, Josie Pussycats today.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Big Lots really needs to put a limit to how many people can buy on these. Its awful that they let (obvious) resellers just waltz on in and buy all these up. I sent off an e-mail to Big Lots online with this being mentioned to them along with a few other complaints about how my store has handed these boxsets (and their customer service). I'll let you know what becomes of this but honestly... I don't expect much of anything outside of my complaint hitting the trash bin.[/QUOTE]

yeah...but I'd imagine in Biglots case, they wouldn't care as long as they sell off all their stock-I'd imagine that they would rather have one hungry hoarder gobbling up all the stuff they put out rather than a conscientious group of bargain hunters who would think for the next guy and risk not selling off all they have

[quote name='jererjerer']yeah...but I'd imagine in Biglots case, they wouldn't care as long as they sell off all their stock-I'd imagine that they would rather have one hungry hoarder gobbling up all the stuff they put out rather than a conscientious group of bargain hunters who would think for the next guy and risk not selling off all they have[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I remember overhearing the manager at my local BL saying that she was glad they're selling, so they can put up other stock. The only time I ever see a limit is when a store might be selling at cost or a loss, or when there's some limit on store stock. Its genereally not Big Lots though.

over the past few weeks i found:
Animaniacs V2
pinky and the brain V2
Popeye 1933-1938
the oc Season 3

shit i want those Flintstones so bad but i havent seen them anywhere. or any of the hanna barbara cartoons.

Went to 2 BL near my house i was able to only find:
Best of Scooby doo movies
Flintstones S3
New scooby doo movie 3pk

The last store only had alot of Tracey take on, mission hill & War at Home. Hopefully the one near work will some more Hannah barbera.

[quote name='jererjerer']yeah...but I'd imagine in Biglots case, they wouldn't care as long as they sell off all their stock-I'd imagine that they would rather have one hungry hoarder gobbling up all the stuff they put out rather than a conscientious group of bargain hunters who would think for the next guy and risk not selling off all they have[/QUOTE]

While that is true you have to imagine how much the employees go through once these boxsets are gone. Especially when they allow just a select few to buy up everything right after they are put out. Trust me I'll guarantee you those boxsets will sell if they put a limit on how many people can buy. Not as fast as without a limit but they will sell. Plus by having a limit this allows for more people to buy which means more potential for repeat customers. In the end that is what should matter to Big Lots is using this to establish themselves as a place to shop at. Not a place where you go to for an advertised product only to find none there.

I know more than likely Big Lots won't care anyways. But at least I tried to say something to them about this issue. In the end its better to try and fail then to not try at all.

[quote name='PotatoGuy']over the past few weeks i found:
Animaniacs V2
pinky and the brain V2
Popeye 1933-1938
the oc Season 3

shit i want those Flintstones so bad but i havent seen them anywhere. or any of the hanna barbara cartoons.[/QUOTE]

Your probably going to have to venture out of Flint. I went there like 2 weeks ago to get some of the $6 sets like Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain. Found them there..tons..of course that was 2 weeks ago. Yesterday I called them to see if they had any $3 sets...and they said theyve been cleaned out. And I havent gotten a single $3 set there. I found most of mine near Warren. Thanks to Walrus for pointing it out to me. Theres like 3 or 4 stores in or around that area. I dont know how well youll do down there now since I went there last week, but it may be worth the look.

I was at a BL in Long Beach, CA. At first it seemed as if there were no box sets there whatsoever, but after asking an employee, I was directed to the corner of the store where three whole rows of boxes were. I asked if there were any more that weren't on the shelves and was shown the boxes they had in storage by an extremely helpful employee. There were boxes full of Dukes discs and two boxes of various scattered sets. Amidst all the OC season 3s, Smallville Blu-Rays, and some Hanna Barbera sets was a lone copy of Wonder Woman Complete Series. But when I went to the checkout, one of the other employees who saw that I had a Wonder Woman set starting complaining to the helpful employee that she wanted that before. I immediately paid and left, but realized that we're not alone when it comes to Big Lots DVD hunting. The employees, who rightfully have first pick of the (Big) lot, are in the DVD huntin' game as well.

2 weeks ago, when I first saw the $6 sets, 1 of my 2 local BLs had Animaniacs V2, Pinky & The Brain V2, Dukes of Hazzard 1-5, Night Court, Lakers Dynasty Series, Joey, and about 9 zillion Scooby Doo specials. I picked up Animaniacs and the Lakers set (which went hand in hand with the Bulls set I had paid $30 for a few years before). Later on I checked my other BL and they had a few more series: Thundercats S1 V2, Dallas S7, Life Goes On S1, and some other junk. Didn't care to pay $6 for open Thundercats that's only 1/3 of a season.

Came back to the first BL on Wednesday and they had $3 sets out now: Murphy Brown S1, Lois & Clark S1 & S3, Batman: AS V4, Larry King Interviews, and maybe some HBO series I've never heard of. Picked up the Lois & Clark ones, and Batman V4. Friday, I went into the 2nd BL, and they had a bunch of cartoons: Popeye, Flintstones 1-4 (Season 1s were open), Top Cat, Josie and the Pussycats, Hot Wheels, 2 pks of Batman & Superman, Superfriends V2. On the non-animated side: Lois & Clark 1-3, Everwood, Tales from the Crypt, the old George Reeves Superman V1, and Tracy Ulman. I picked up Lois & Clark S2 and the Superfriends. However, even though I had grown up watching Superfriends, this season was lame with the Wonder Twins, only Batman and Robin, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman, and hardly any notable DC villains (sans Mxyl-imp-from the 5th dimension whom I never cared for.) I much prefer Challenge of the Superfriends with Green Lantern, Flash, Hawkman, etc. vs. the Legion of Doom.

OK, I went off on a geek tangent there. Came back late Sunday and the only Flintstones left were a few copies of Season 3, so I bought one. I was hoping to get Veronica Mars and Wacky Races , but never saw them. I can't really complain though, especially since a few weeks ago I was contemplating buying the Lois & Clark sets at Best Buy for their sale price of $20. :D

bread's done
Back