DVD Boxset deals at Big Lots Warner Bros, Hanna Barbera season sets $3, $6, and $10

Friend of Sonic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
Trade thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231128

Big Azz sale at Big Lots on Warner Bros. sets (with some Hanna Barbera cartoons, and a spot of HBO DVDs) Originally the sale was only for 6 dollar sets, as advertised in their circular ad, but now they've added $3 and $10 sets. (These $3 and $10 sets, while currently ringing up at the correct prices, are supposed to be withheld for the 07/26 sales ad, which would explain why there may be trouble seeing them early, depending on your store)

Here are the boxsets seperated by price group.

$3

Adventures of Superman [Live action from '50s] (multiple seasons noted, need specifics)
Appleseed ExMachina 2 disc Steelcase
Batman the Animated Series volume 1 and Superman (90s cartoon) volume 1 bundled together
Batman the Animated Series (volumes 1, 3, 4)
Batman Beyond (Seasons 2, 3)
Best of Larry King interviews
Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines complete series
Everwood season 1
Flintstones (seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Johnny Quest season 1
Josie and the Pussy Cats complete series
Mission Hill complete series
Murphy Brown season 1 (price needs confirmation)
New Adventures of Lois and Clark (seasons 1, 2, 3, 4)
Pebbles and Bam-Bam show complete series
Perils of Penelope Pitstop
Popeye the Sailor 1933-1938 shorts collection
Power Puff Girls complete series
Space Ghost and Dino Boy complete series
Superman four disc SE
Tales from the Crypt (seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Tom and Jerry three disc set
Top Cat complete series
Veronica Mars season 2
Wacky Races complete series
War at Home season 1

$6

Animaniacs (volumes 1, 2, 3)
Babylon 5 movie collection
Blade: The Complete Series
Dallas (seasons 1+2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Drew Carey season 1
Dukes of Hazard (seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
ER (seasons 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Friends (Seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Full House (seasons 5, 6)
History of Rock and Roll
Jamie Fox Show (select seasons)
Joey season 1
Justice League (two pack and three pack of episodes spotted)
Knots Landing season 1 (also select seasons)
Lakers' Championship
Life Goes On season 1
Loonatics Unleashed season 1
Looney Tunes short spotlight collection volume 2 (not the normal big set, this is something smaller with half the content)
NFL Inside the Vault
Night Court season 1
Nightmares and Dreamscapes
:br: Nip Tuck season 4 (also on :dvd:)
The OC (seasons 2, 3)
Pinky and the Brain (volumes 1, 2)
Pro Football Hall of Fame: 85 years of Greatness
Pup named Scooby Doo two-pack
Roots: 30th Anniversary
Roots: The Next Generation
Samurai Jack seasons 1-3 pack (entire series)
Scooby Doo season 3
Scooby Doo Best of New Scooby Doo Movies
Scooby Doo movie 5-pack
Scooby Doo Dynomutt Hour complete series
Scooby Doo/Tom and Jerry two pack movie set
Six Feet Under season 3 (also select seasons)
Smallville season 4 (also select seasons)
:br: Smallville (seasons 6, 7)
Southpark three pack [not full seasons]
Super Bowl Collections (I-X, XI-XX, XXI-XXX, XXXI-XL)
Super Friends (volume 1, volume 2)
Super Friends: The Legendary Super Powers Show- The Complete series (13 episodes)
Thundercats (season 1 volume 1, season 1 volume 2, season 1 volume 3, season 2 volume 2)
Tracey Takes On (seasons 1, 2)
Wait till your Father Comes Home season 1
The West Wing season 2
Wonder Woman (complete series and invidual box sets of seasons spotted)

$10

IMAX movie collection
Looney Tunes Golden Collection 1-5 bundle
Looney Tunes movie collection (The Bugs Bunny/Road-Runner Movie, and 1001 Rabbit Tales)
Roots complete collection
Stanley Kubrick movie collection
Super Bowl collection (all four sets combined?)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Veronica Mars']I think it's a return, but I found one copy of "Invasion".(ABC Series)[/QUOTE]Awesome show, yet another set I wish I could find.

No sets anymore but there's quite a lot of 4 dollar Nickelodeon single-disc DVDs I saw. Interested in a few but passed.

Went by mine just an hour ago....and they just piled everything up. Nothing new...but a lot of West Wing box sets.

That sounds about right. I checked a store I hadn't been to before a few days ago, and all I found was Joey and the crappy Dukes of Hazzard seasons.

Wow... that was weird... I went into a Big Lots that I have never visited because I am working from a remote location today... and found...

Thundercats S2 V2 (6 disc set) - $6
Thundercats S1 V2 (x1) - $6
Thundercats S1 V3 (x2)
Wait til your father comes home (x3) - $6
Scooby and Dino-Mutt hour (x2) - $6
Superfriends hour (x3) - $6
Dallas Cowboys - Complete history and Super bowl chanmpions sets, shriked together (x3) - $6

Strange to see good stuff still out there. I thnk no one goes to this Big Lots - it's SUPER ghetto...

Went to a Big Lots yesterday and saw many copies of Joey (season 1), Night Court (1st season), West Wing (2nd season), and the Lakers DVD set. But that was it.

I'd pick up Joey (not as bad as people made it out to be, come on Friends had ended already) or Night Court (watched every episode as a kid), but I really don't know when I'd watch them. Hell, I've gotten cheap movies on BR that I really want to see that have gone unwatched for over a year. Wish Jericho was popping up at BL/Kroger, but I'd probably strike out on those, too.

Just finished up watching my Everwood Season 1, not bad at all, now I want S2, which only came out 2 months ago, so it'll be a while before prices drop. Hmmm, what to do, what to do.

Wise fwom your gwave?

[quote name='jdawgg76']I'd pick up Joey (not as bad as people made it out to be, come on Friends had ended already) or Night Court (watched every episode as a kid), but I really don't know when I'd watch them. Hell, I've gotten cheap movies on BR that I really want to see that have gone unwatched for over a year. Wish Jericho was popping up at BL/Kroger, but I'd probably strike out on those, too.[/QUOTE]

At this point, anything you'll find is going to be the sets people don't give a rat's ass about. In Michigan, that seems to be Joey and Dukes of Hazzard.

I never did have much luck with Kroger - only one of the stores I went to got the DVDs, and the only thing I left with was a TMNT box set.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Wise fwom your gwave?

At this point, anything you'll find is going to be the sets people don't give a rat's ass about. In Michigan, that seems to be Joey and Dukes of Hazzard.

I never did have much luck with Kroger - only one of the stores I went to got the DVDs, and the only thing I left with was a TMNT box set.[/QUOTE]Around atlanta it was rat's ass stuff from the get go as far as I could tell. Maybe some anime which I'm clueless about. At least you had a Kroger with stuff. The only ones around here that got new bins recently have them filled with used DVDs for $8.

Wow, I wish threads like this were in the main forum, even though they're not game related. I missed out...might check local Big Lots and see if they have been restocked. I see 20 or 30 box sets I'd buy if I spotted them.

Ventured out to a couple stores today after a 2-3 week hiatus. And finally found a copy of a movie I've been searching for a long time The Adventures of Baron Munchausen! I also picked up Half Nelson since I keep hearing it's a really good movie. Oh, and these were found at the Orange, CA store. Still one copy of Baron Munchausen left to anyone who wants it.

Oh...come on! I only shop at Kroger for my groceries and NEVER saw this. I also check Big Lots! DVD section...and NEVER saw this...gaaaaahhhhhh...

[quote name='Rictor']Wow, I wish threads like this were in the main forum, even though they're not game related. I missed out...might check local Big Lots and see if they have been restocked. I see 20 or 30 box sets I'd buy if I spotted them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, me too! I hit 3 stores in metro Boston last week and only found one Superfriends set for $6 (great gag gift, someone's getting it for Christmas!) and nothing else except stacks and stacks of seasons 5 and 6 of the Dukes of Hazzard. Would have loved more of those HB cartoon sets for cheap.

I did find all four volumes of the anime FLAG for $3 each, so I was jazzed about that. $12 for a 13-episode series is nice.

Mostly the same around me, Joey & WW, but I did score a $3 Dark Crystal Collectors Edition at an out of the way store. They had 2 copies so I grabbed one and left the other for someone to stumble across.

[quote name='Rictor']Wow, I wish threads like this were in the main forum, even though they're not game related. I missed out...might check local Big Lots and see if they have been restocked. I see 20 or 30 box sets I'd buy if I spotted them.[/QUOTE]

If it was in the "main" forum, we'd have the kind of clusterfuck mess they have on sites like Fat Wallet that makes it impossible to find anything. CAG's a special interest site and this isn't the main interest, so it makes sense to partition it off. Besides, nothing's stopping you from looking at this forum on occasion.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']TMNT box set? was that the 1987 series?[/QUOTE]

Yep. Seasons 4 and 5 box sets have been reported.

For both Kroger and Big Lots, though, you guys are probably SOL at this point. We're about a month past the prime of this sale and, given the news reports that claimed these DVDs were "stolen" (supposed to be destroyed, but the company decided to resell them on the cheap instead) it's pretty clear that there won't be a restock. Unless you have a strong interest in Joey or the seasons of Dukes of Hazzard where they recast all of the characters, it's not worth bothering.

Don't know if this will apply to DVD TV sets, but an ad here in Atlanta states that DVDs will be 4/10 (or $3 each) for two days this Labor Day Sunday and Monday.

Man I wish i read these posts months ago, i went to big lost by me in florida a few days agoa nd then another by school all before i saw these posts and they had some sets left, one had oc season 2, joey, night court , dukes of hazzards and west wing... the one i went to today had pinky and the brain volume 2 , tracey takes on season 1, dukes of hazard and 1 copy of wacky races, id love to get more of the hannah barbera series, im going to check a few more stores, but i wish i had known when this post was made, i had just bought smallville season 7 on blu ray for like $30 recently. and nip tuck too for $15 now i know why so many people were selling them on ebay and amazon.

Well I'm glad I got the 3 box sets that I managed to grab while they were there. (P&B v2, FS s2, WR CS). Good while it lasted.

Update: It looks like a whole bunch of the DVD sets in the original post made their way to resellers, so quite a few of these will be available for around $10 on E-Bay and Amazon storefronts until the supply goes down. So if there are sets that you missed, it's probably still a good time to pick them up.

[quote name='crumrin114']Update: It looks like a whole bunch of the DVD sets in the original post made their way to resellers, so quite a few of these will be available for around $10 on E-Bay and Amazon storefronts until the supply goes down. So if there are sets that you missed, it's probably still a good time to pick them up.[/QUOTE]

Except the NFL America's Game set. :bomb:

Majorly scored today at Big Lots....Picked up Kung Fu Hustle for my wayward niece, and 17 James Bond movies for my Dad, that he didn't have for 3$ each. So while I may be poorer, got the old man an awesome x-mas present.:lol:

bread's done
Back