DVD Boxset deals at Big Lots Warner Bros, Hanna Barbera season sets $3, $6, and $10

Friend of Sonic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
Trade thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231128

Big Azz sale at Big Lots on Warner Bros. sets (with some Hanna Barbera cartoons, and a spot of HBO DVDs) Originally the sale was only for 6 dollar sets, as advertised in their circular ad, but now they've added $3 and $10 sets. (These $3 and $10 sets, while currently ringing up at the correct prices, are supposed to be withheld for the 07/26 sales ad, which would explain why there may be trouble seeing them early, depending on your store)

Here are the boxsets seperated by price group.

$3

Adventures of Superman [Live action from '50s] (multiple seasons noted, need specifics)
Appleseed ExMachina 2 disc Steelcase
Batman the Animated Series volume 1 and Superman (90s cartoon) volume 1 bundled together
Batman the Animated Series (volumes 1, 3, 4)
Batman Beyond (Seasons 2, 3)
Best of Larry King interviews
Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines complete series
Everwood season 1
Flintstones (seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Johnny Quest season 1
Josie and the Pussy Cats complete series
Mission Hill complete series
Murphy Brown season 1 (price needs confirmation)
New Adventures of Lois and Clark (seasons 1, 2, 3, 4)
Pebbles and Bam-Bam show complete series
Perils of Penelope Pitstop
Popeye the Sailor 1933-1938 shorts collection
Power Puff Girls complete series
Space Ghost and Dino Boy complete series
Superman four disc SE
Tales from the Crypt (seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Tom and Jerry three disc set
Top Cat complete series
Veronica Mars season 2
Wacky Races complete series
War at Home season 1

$6

Animaniacs (volumes 1, 2, 3)
Babylon 5 movie collection
Blade: The Complete Series
Dallas (seasons 1+2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Drew Carey season 1
Dukes of Hazard (seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
ER (seasons 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Friends (Seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Full House (seasons 5, 6)
History of Rock and Roll
Jamie Fox Show (select seasons)
Joey season 1
Justice League (two pack and three pack of episodes spotted)
Knots Landing season 1 (also select seasons)
Lakers' Championship
Life Goes On season 1
Loonatics Unleashed season 1
Looney Tunes short spotlight collection volume 2 (not the normal big set, this is something smaller with half the content)
NFL Inside the Vault
Night Court season 1
Nightmares and Dreamscapes
:br: Nip Tuck season 4 (also on :dvd:)
The OC (seasons 2, 3)
Pinky and the Brain (volumes 1, 2)
Pro Football Hall of Fame: 85 years of Greatness
Pup named Scooby Doo two-pack
Roots: 30th Anniversary
Roots: The Next Generation
Samurai Jack seasons 1-3 pack (entire series)
Scooby Doo season 3
Scooby Doo Best of New Scooby Doo Movies
Scooby Doo movie 5-pack
Scooby Doo Dynomutt Hour complete series
Scooby Doo/Tom and Jerry two pack movie set
Six Feet Under season 3 (also select seasons)
Smallville season 4 (also select seasons)
:br: Smallville (seasons 6, 7)
Southpark three pack [not full seasons]
Super Bowl Collections (I-X, XI-XX, XXI-XXX, XXXI-XL)
Super Friends (volume 1, volume 2)
Super Friends: The Legendary Super Powers Show- The Complete series (13 episodes)
Thundercats (season 1 volume 1, season 1 volume 2, season 1 volume 3, season 2 volume 2)
Tracey Takes On (seasons 1, 2)
Wait till your Father Comes Home season 1
The West Wing season 2
Wonder Woman (complete series and invidual box sets of seasons spotted)

$10

IMAX movie collection
Looney Tunes Golden Collection 1-5 bundle
Looney Tunes movie collection (The Bugs Bunny/Road-Runner Movie, and 1001 Rabbit Tales)
Roots complete collection
Stanley Kubrick movie collection
Super Bowl collection (all four sets combined?)

Last edited by a moderator:
I skimmed through the last few pages and was wondering if anyone has found season 1 of Veronica Mars? I picked up season 2 and that seems to be the only one everyone else has gotten.

Spotted and snagged collection one of the Animated Superman Series. Oddly enough it was priced at $3. Still on the lookout for the Powerpuff Girls complete collection.

On a side note, I saw all of Book One and Book Two Avatar the Last Airbender individual dvds. $4 bucks each. Not a bad deal at all since a complete book ranges from $40-$50, so those that are interested might want to keep an eye open.

[quote name='force_assassin']Spotted and snagged collection one of the Animated Superman Series.[/QUOTE]

By itself? That's odd...I've only seen the two-pack with the first season of Batman so far (and have only seen that once).

Checked out my local Big Lots again, and still not a single Hanna Barbara set. The only $3 set Ive seen there is The war At Home...so either my store got cleaned out very quick one day or they're waiting till Sunday to put them out.

I'll go back once more come Sunday.

You would think all stores would have a new shipment for Sunday, otherwise they are false advertising.

Went back to Big Lots today to pick up something for another CAGer. One store put everything they had out since yesterday. Some of the new stuff I saw were Batman V2, Batman Beyond V2, Johnny Quest, and Birdman and the Galaxy Trio complete series and Huckleberry Hound complete series, which aren't listed on the first page, for $3 each.

[quote name='elessar123']Went back to Big Lots today to pick up something for another CAGer. One store put everything they had out since yesterday. Some of the new stuff I saw were Batman V2, Batman Beyond V2, Johnny Quest, and Birdman and the Galaxy Trio complete series and Huckleberry Hound complete series, which aren't listed on the first page, for $3 each.[/QUOTE]

Were you successful on that trip? ;)

I have seasons 3 and 4 of tales of the crypt if anyone needs them.

Sup Houston area CAGs! Got a report for you for these DVD boxsets:

Big Lots: 45 N Hwy / Tidwell Exit .. they have an end cap filled with box set but mostly football, basketball dvds .. Flintstones, Top Cat, Josie & Pussycats, and Scooby Doo movies but not many .. OC, Joey, West Wing, and Tales of the Crypt

Big Lots: Shepard Dr (close by I-10) .. football (Cowboy's DVDs picked that one up) and basketball dvds .. West Wing, OC, and Joey (groan)

Big Lots - Kirby Dr (Next to Reliant Stadium) Nothing but WW2, Korea, and Vietnam DVD sets .. but I did notice IMAX's NASCAR dvds .. if you want to trade for it my fellow redneck CAGs .. let me know so I can go back and pick it up .. Im damn sure they wont get sold anytime soon due the store being in the ghetto heh ^_^

Just went to look for Samurai Jack and Appleseed .. good luck out there!

wonder what are the odds of biglots putting out new stuff this week if they Crammed 3.00 single dvds everywhere were the box sets used to sit.. on all 4 sides of the display are now 100s of 3.00 single dvds (not even room to put new stuff out)

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Checked out my local Big Lots again, and still not a single Hanna Barbara set. The only $3 set Ive seen there is The war At Home...so either my store got cleaned out very quick one day or they're waiting till Sunday to put them out.

I'll go back once more come Sunday.

You would think all stores would have a new shipment for Sunday, otherwise they are false advertising.[/QUOTE]

I would go back SATURDAY.... I asked if they pulled the items at one big lots and they acted like they had no clue what i was talking about... I then asked if they have the items LISTED in the sunday ad I would be able to get them Sunday..

worker said no... ALL sunday ad items go out onto the floor LATE friday night / Saturday

[quote name='slidecage']I would go back SATURDAY.... I asked if they pulled the items at one big lots and they acted like they had no clue what i was talking about... I then asked if they have the items LISTED in the sunday ad I would be able to get them Sunday..

worker said no... ALL sunday ad items go out onto the floor LATE friday night / Saturday[/QUOTE]

guess it wouldnt hurt to go go Saturday and Sunday if they dont have anything out on Saturday.

[quote name='slidecage']wonder what are the odds of biglots putting out new stuff this week if they Crammed 3.00 single dvds everywhere were the box sets used to sit.. on all 4 sides of the display are now 100s of 3.00 single dvds (not even room to put new stuff out)[/QUOTE]

lol. My Big Lots is the same way. Craploads of 3.00 movies. Like 3 4 ways of them.

[quote name='HunteR7411']Were you successful on that trip? ;)

I have seasons 3 and 4 of tales of the crypt if anyone needs them.[/QUOTE]

Yea, managed to get everything one CAGer asked me to get, and half of another's, and still ended up with Batman/Batman Beyond V2, but now I need the rest =P

[quote name='EnronLackey']Sup Houston area CAGs! Got a report for you for these DVD boxsets:

Big Lots: 45 N Hwy / Tidwell Exit .. they have an end cap filled with box set but mostly football, basketball dvds .. Flintstones, Top Cat, Josie & Pussycats, and Scooby Doo movies but not many .. OC, Joey, West Wing, and Tales of the Crypt

Big Lots: Shepard Dr (close by I-10) .. football (Cowboy's DVDs picked that one up) and basketball dvds .. West Wing, OC, and Joey (groan)

Big Lots - Kirby Dr (Next to Reliant Stadium) Nothing but WW2, Korea, and Vietnam DVD sets .. but I did notice IMAX's NASCAR dvds .. if you want to trade for it my fellow redneck CAGs .. let me know so I can go back and pick it up .. Im damn sure they wont get sold anytime soon due the store being in the ghetto heh ^_^

Just went to look for Samurai Jack and Appleseed .. good luck out there![/QUOTE]

Good to see a fellow H-Town CAG in here man!

Just to save you the time, the Sugar Land and Westheimer ones didn't have jack. If you're looking for the Popeye Volume 1 set, the Westheimer store has about 6 of those. Thanks for the heads up about the one on 45. I'm probably going to hit up over there after work for the HB sets.

Here is the haul.

Just in case some of you have not seen these sets yet...and to brag just a little!

I am not sure if anyone has reported space ghost yet.

Went to my local Big Lots today, picked up some of the Flintstones, other HB cartoons, and a Thundercats s2v2 six disk set, all for trade (made a post over in the Big Lots trade thread, PM me with any offers). Also picked up Blade: The Series for myself. Never seen it before, been hearing mixed things about it. Anybody here watched in before/was it any good?

Stopped at Indiana PA Big Lots tonight & found:

Appleseed Steelbook
Popeye the Sailor 1933-38 Vol 1 (this one)
Pinky & Brain Vol 2 for a buddy
Dave Chappelle - Killin' Em Softly for my brother

They had one Superfriends complete series DVD, lots of West Wing, OC, Joey & other stuff I assume no one would want. No Crypt dvds though, that's what I was after.

I Grabbed myself a copy of Animaniacs (V2) and Pinky & The Brain (V2) and There Will Be Blood. Most of the movie stock at the Big Lots I went to was gone when I checked again today. I did see some new stuff like Popeye, and the Flinstone seasons. I am worried that I may have missed out on Powerpuff Girls & Samurai Jack when they re-stocked. I might try again on Friday.

This makes me wish for the time when very few people cared about DVDs at BL...I got hooked over a year ago with cheap hBO sets and movies, sales like this bring out all the lurkers and newbs on some of the other forums... I'm hopeful I can get the rest of my most wanted sets from
this sale, I'd like to even FIND some of the $10 sets as I've came up dry at every location I've checked, and there have been alot.
We are seeing the same type of hoarding and mass reselling that we did with the BB $10 game sale... I do resell from time to time but never in sales as big and publicized as these. Everything in this sale I actually want for my collection.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']By itself? That's odd...I've only seen the two-pack with the first season of Batman so far (and have only seen that once).[/QUOTE]

Yup by itself. I thought it was odd as well, but being priced at $3 bucks it was a steal.

[quote name='JediJames2']Also picked up Blade: The Series for myself. Never seen it before, been hearing mixed things about it. Anybody here watched in before/was it any good?[/QUOTE]

I liked it. The rating were great for Spike too, but they didn't continue with a second season.
The actor who played Blade was a little weak but the secondary characters and mythology they were setting up was interesting.
Also, you can't go wrong with Jill Wagner...:drool:

i really wish that berzerker didnt bring the movies into the fye trade thread in the game forum. that opened it up to a slew of people who wouldnt normally have paid any attention.

[quote name='Animal7390']i really wish that berzerker didnt bring the movies into the fye trade thread in the game forum. that opened it up to a slew of people who wouldnt normally have paid any attention.[/QUOTE]

i wouldn't blame him. BL doesn't get mentioned until several pages in . The problem is that its on slickdeals with a thread view of 51,000

Finally saw:

Animaniacs Volume 2 x2
Pinky and the brain Volume 1 x2
Joey seasons 1-2
Dukes of Hazzard (tons of them)

I want those crypt sets!!!! the whole fucking show for 3 per season.......that's an amazing deal

Stopped by my Big Lots while I was waiting for my phone to get updated at the Verizon store. They had a ton of Flintstones, Looney Tunes, and War at Home. I also saw some hoarder buy probably over 100 dvds while I was there. I picked up the Applesees Ex Machina steelbook and War at Home. This was the Polaris store in Ohio if anyone is interested.

[quote name='bballplaya210']Stopped by my Big Lots while I was waiting for my phone to get updated at the Verizon store. They had a ton of Flintstones, Looney Tunes, and War at Home. I also saw some hoarder buy probably over 100 dvds while I was there. I picked up the Applesees Ex Machina steelbook and War at Home. This was the Polaris store in Ohio if anyone is interested.[/QUOTE]

The Looney Tunes Golden Collection 5 pack???

If so, could someone pick up some for fellow CAGers?

Fort wayne update..

NOTHING at maplecrest still

APPLEglen store Restocked last night/ today...

Picked up

tales season 4 (only copy)
Powerpuff collection (grabbed last 2 ---- one was making a noise when you shook the box so i grabbed anotehr set to make sure the first set wasnt broken)

flintstones vol 4 and 5 (tons left)

superman lois and clark season 1 2 and 4 (tons left)

they got a butt load of crap of flintstones and top cats

[quote name='bballplaya210']Stopped by my Big Lots while I was waiting for my phone to get updated at the Verizon store. They had a ton of Flintstones, Looney Tunes, and War at Home. I also saw some hoarder buy probably over 100 dvds while I was there. I picked up the Applesees Ex Machina steelbook and War at Home. This was the Polaris store in Ohio if anyone is interested.[/QUOTE]

This happened to a store I went to yesterday. Picked up 1 each of the Hanna Barbera Classics and there were TONS of them still. I went back at noon today and EVERYTHING, I literally mean EVERYTHING, was gone. Asked if they had just moved them or something and they told me someone bought every single $3 boxset they had. Doesn't really make much sense though when you look at what a lot of them go for on Amazon. You are not making very much of most of these things.

Well I've been a lurker for a long time and finally decided to join the discussion so that I could hopefully trade for some of the sets I want. Unfortunately I didn't even realize you had to be a member for 30 days. Man I feel like an idiot now.

[quote name='bls5555']This happened to a store I went to yesterday. Picked up 1 each of the Hanna Barbera Classics and there were TONS of them still. I went back at noon today and EVERYTHING, I literally mean EVERYTHING, was gone. Asked if they had just moved them or something and they told me someone bought every single $3 boxset they had. Doesn't really make much sense though when you look at what a lot of them go for on Amazon. You are not making very much of most of these things.[/QUOTE]

i was thinking of grabbing some of the superman 50s dvds to see if people wanted them here but after you figure in shipping i doubt many would pay 7 or 8 (guessing they would cost around 3 to 4 to ship)

dont really see why people would grab more then 2 tops of each set...... Yes games i can see people hoarding cause it cost what 2 bucks to ship a game... Its got to cost a pretty penny to ship these box sets..

I think someone shipped me joey off ebay and it was almost 4 (funny thing i only paid 3.85 for it shipped) feel sorry for them

[quote name='slidecage']
I think someone shipped me joey off ebay and it was almost 4 (funny thing i only paid 3.85 for it shipped) feel sorry for them[/QUOTE]

Wait, you actually paid for Joey?!?! ;)

i got thundercats season one vol 2 but when i got home i realised it was only discs 9-10 haha

BTW when do stores usually restock the dvds?

I had a good haul today:
Flintstones 2,3,4,5
Wacky Races
Top Cat
Super Friends Vol 1
Appleseed Ex Machina (2-Disc Steelbook)
Birdman & the Galaxy Trio
Dastardly & Muttley in their Flying Machines
The Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show

Sadly, no Powerpuff Girls complete series for the gf. If anyone manages an extra one and wants to trade/sell, pm me.

They also had:
Veronica Mars S2
Lois & Clark 1,2,3,4
Popeye classic shorts
War at Home S1
Superman (1950's, not sure which season)
And some others.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Wait, you actually paid for Joey?!?! ;)[/QUOTE]

i liked JOEY... it wasnt a bad show.... and for less then 4 bucks for the set couldnt pass it up

Found these between 5 Big Lots in the last couple of days:

Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines complete series
Flintstones seasons 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Pebbles and Bam-Bam show complete series
Popeye the Sailor 1933-1938 shorts collection
Space Ghost and Dino Boy complete series
Top Cat complete series
Wacky Races complete series
War at Home season 1

I think I've gotten everything I'd be interested in... maybe :)

[quote name='spikyhunter3']i got thundercats season one vol 2 but when i got home i realised it was only discs 9-10 haha

BTW when do stores usually restock the dvds?[/QUOTE]

yeah its not the true S1V2 you usually see advertised. I skipped on it, pretty disappointing. Kinda overpriced at $6.

[quote name='Japakneez']yeah its not the true S1V2 you usually see advertised. I skipped on it, pretty disappointing. Kinda overpriced at $6.[/QUOTE]

yeah but thats illegal the dvds are meant to be sold in the boxset and they arent labeled for individual sale...im gonna head back tomorow hopefully and talk with them...

[quote name='spikyhunter3']yeah but thats illegal the dvds are meant to be sold in the boxset and they arent labeled for individual sale...im gonna head back tomorow hopefully and talk with them...[/QUOTE]

theres a lot of Big Lots selling them like this..so good luck.

My guess is the Big Lots stores that are selling them like this didnt get the outer casing for these and so is selling them as 2 disc sets.

Correct. I noticed a few people in here looking for Biglots Thundercat DVDs. Just to clarify, Season 1 Volume 2 is actually a six disc box set that consists of the following....

Disc 7 & 8
Disc 9 & 10 (This is the only one Big Lots is selling from the S1V2 set)
Disc 11 & 12

I forgot which discs the S1V1 had...It didn't even matter to me. All the stuff that is being thrown on ebay for cheap may also be misrepresented so beware. Best to buy it retail.

Just got next week's Big Lots ad in my e-mail box as they put it online Thursday. Shows $3 boxsets on sale starting Sunday. Image below is taken directly from the website.

biglotsdvdad.jpg

Looks to be the ones that have been reported to be $3 but wasn't Traci Takes On supposed to be $6? Otherwise this might explain why some stores haven't put any $3 titles out since they are holding them for the Sunday ad.

Also off topic but there's a $499 laptop in the ad. The model is Gateway M-1631u. The ad also has a strong emphasis on the free Windows 7 upgrade as well.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Just got next week's Big Lots ad in my e-mail box as they put it online Thursday. Shows $3 boxsets on sale starting Sunday. Image below is taken directly from the website.

biglotsdvdad.jpg

Looks to be the ones that have been reported to be $3 but wasn't Traci Takes On supposed to be $6? Otherwise this might explain why some stores haven't put any $3 titles out since they are holding them for the Sunday ad.

Also off topic but there's a $499 laptop in the ad. The model is Gateway M-1631u. The ad also has a strong emphasis on the free Windows 7 upgrade as well.[/QUOTE]

thats what I'm hoping. Since I havent seen anything but a few copies of The War At Home at my local Big Lots.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Just got next week's Big Lots ad in my e-mail box as they put it online Thursday. Shows $3 boxsets on sale starting Sunday. Image below is taken directly from the website.

biglotsdvdad.jpg

Also off topic but there's a $499 laptop in the ad. The model is Gateway M-1631u. The ad also has a strong emphasis on the free Windows 7 upgrade as well.[/QUOTE]

My Big Lots had a ton of Traci Takes On S1 for $3 each today. It was S2 that I saw before for $6.

Found a rogue Flintstones S3, without any plastic or anything as reported before. Discs were mint and all was right, so for 3 bucks I got it anyway.

bread's done
Back