E3 2007 MS Bringing it Home II - The Bigs/Harry Potter Demo + More new trailers....

[quote name='Apossum']you can probably get Ultimate Doom and Doom 2 for less than $10.

..."1337 speak" ...and better control?

if you answer yes to that question, then you're a complete slut. Sorry, it needs to be said! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Two things that need to be said about this rant.

1. Doom came out for the BiH for the TGS '06 not E3.
2. Why bring up the PC vs. Console flame bait into this thread?

Were the demos from last year's BIH taken off after the show? And once you downloaded them were they yours to keep... or were they removed after the show?

[quote name='gamcreator']Were the demos from last year's BIH taken off after the show? And once you downloaded them were they yours to keep... or were they removed after the show?[/QUOTE]
Yours to keep, I think a few are still up (maybe?).

[quote name='gamcreator']Were the demos from last year's BIH taken off after the show? And once you downloaded them were they yours to keep... or were they removed after the show?[/QUOTE]

The only one I remember being taken down was the original Test Drive Unlimited demo, but Atari replaced it with a much better demo before the title's release.

They made an intial claim that all the BIH home content would be removed after the event closed, but they never followed through. I know it was up at least through June.

[quote name='spoo']Two things that need to be said about this rant.

1. Doom came out for the BiH for the TGS '06 not E3.
2. Why bring up the PC vs. Console flame bait into this thread?[/QUOTE]

got it.

1. the guy said achievements are better than the ridiculous amount of free content you can get with $10 for doom on the PC. c'mon, he needed to be put in his place. :lol:

2. How is this flame bait? I don't think anyone's going to argue that Doom on the PC isn't a much better value. they charged 400 points for the game and 400 points for the nostalgia factor. Not saying it's a bad game or that all PC FPS' are better.

[quote name='Chacrana']I am saying that all PC FPS's are better. Just... y'know. To be clear.[/QUOTE]

Olevia is the best.

anyway, I can show myself out...

Just an update: Gamespot's On the Spot announced that the Ace Combat 6 demo is going to be on the marketplace for E3.

Hopefully they leave these demos up for a week or two AFTER E3 as my 360 will be in the shop for repairs (again). Damn you MS....damn you.

[quote name='Foolman']Just an update: Gamespot's On the Spot announced that the Ace Combat 6 demo is going to be on the marketplace for E3.[/QUOTE]

Nice, I've got to hurry with Ace Combat Zero.

[quote name='Foolman']Just an update: Gamespot's On the Spot announced that the Ace Combat 6 demo is going to be on the marketplace for E3.[/QUOTE]

Yes! The demo should be really cool.

I wish doom had the open GL graphic enhancement. $10 is a good price for it, but it still felt really bare bones. Most likely due to it's age.

For anyone around for the last one, how were the download speeds? Didn't have my 360 back then, and considering how horrible my 360 downloads compared to my PC (the refurb seems faster, but still slow) I'd hate to be stuck sitting around for 2 days to get a gig or two of demos.

[quote name='Surferflames']For anyone around for the last one, how were the download speeds? Didn't have my 360 back then, and considering how horrible my 360 downloads compared to my PC (the refurb seems faster, but still slow) I'd hate to be stuck sitting around for 2 days to get a gig or two of demos.[/QUOTE]

They were slower than usual for me last year. Uno and the Lost Planet demo seemed to take forever.

[quote name='Surferflames']For anyone around for the last one, how were the download speeds? Didn't have my 360 back then, and considering how horrible my 360 downloads compared to my PC (the refurb seems faster, but still slow) I'd hate to be stuck sitting around for 2 days to get a gig or two of demos.[/QUOTE]

They were fast if you downloaded in the middle of the night. Don't download during peak hours.

Now that the 360 can go into power-save download mode though, it may not matter.

I thought it started tomorrow technically, and MS was having their conference tonight while Sony and Nintendo have theirs tomorrow to open the show...?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I just noticed that the MS conference is at 8:30pm...Does that mean E3 doesn't start till tonight?[/QUOTE]

you are correct.

Its the xbox 360 that will have a built in hddvd and wifi! and will cost around 800 dollars and will be guaranteed to break at least 3 times.

I hope they announce a date for Falcon...I want one o dem suckas.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Do you guys think this (far left) grey X360 means anything :whistle2:k

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/07/10/gray-xbox-360-to-make-an-e3-appearance/[/QUOTE]

Looks like a Debug unit actually. All the debug units are a softer gray. Look at all them spotlights--- and 4 360s that close? Hopefully MS was smart and took out everything but the Ring of Light in those boxes or else we may see the first ever chain RRoD error.....ever.

allow myself to introduce...myself

[quote name='zewone']I'm guessing it's a shadow and it's actually white.[/QUOTE]

ditto.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Smackdown vs. Raw 08
FTW[/QUOTE]

If they fix the miserable load times on that game, add custom entrance themes, and have Razor Ramon and/or Demolition as legends, then I'm sold. Otherwise, they can GTFO.

I want some hot-ass gamerpictures, this time around.

The excess of X-Men 3 pictures, last year, was out of control.

[quote name='Sporadic']A guy who works for a developer posted that at another forum.

I can't wait.[/QUOTE]

Is it implying tonight is going to be a good night for the Arcade? As in a slew of new titles available tonight. Or does it mean we'll see information about upcoming games? Either way, I'm pretty stoked.

[quote name='terribledeli']Is it implying tonight is going to be a good night for the Arcade? As in a slew of new titles available tonight. Or does it mean we'll see information about upcoming games? Either way, I'm pretty stoked.[/QUOTE]

Bet on the latter.

Also, how does one "watch" E3? Did I miss a link somewhere that it will be streamed?

[quote name='Sporadic']A guy who works for a developer posted that at another forum.

I can't wait.[/QUOTE]

better be... best part of the 360 is the XBLA. I expect news on Maraothon and Quake 2 Arena since those popped up a while back but disappeared.

most of the major gaming sites will have a stream...G4 tv is having all the press conferences live, and you will be able to DL it on the marketplace at some point

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']better be... best part of the 360 is the XBLA. I expect news on Maraothon and Quake 2 Arena since those popped up a while back but disappeared.[/QUOTE]

While you may be right, I find it amazing how many people in this forum brag about never buying an XBLA game for various reasons. Must be the people that bought their 360's for Halo 3.

[quote name='thrustbucket']While you may be right, I find it amazing how many people in this forum brag about never buying an XBLA game for various reasons. Must be the people that bought their 360's for Halo 3.[/QUOTE]

I have to say the same... it's kinda sad actually.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']better be... best part of the 360 is the XBLA. I expect news on Maraothon and Quake 2 Arena since those popped up a while back but disappeared.[/QUOTE]

You mean Marathon, like the ol' Mac FPS from Bungie?

On XBLA?

I'm hard pressed to find a game on XBLA that is good enough for me to spend money on. Possibly bomberman, always liked those games.

The rumor floating around (From DaKing240 that is) is that Golden Axe will be the surprise arcade release.

As much as I enjoy Golden Axe, I don't really see it as shocking as Doom's release was.

Edit: He's also added Sonic into the mix too.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31768

Sonic Achievements
http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/Achievements/ViewAchievementDetails.aspx?tid= ];he)j3su

Golden Axe Achievements
http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/Achievements/ViewAchievementDetails.aspx?tid= ];he)j3ss

Online co-op here I come!

Super Contra may be announced as well:

SuperContra.jpg

Dustin Berg of Xbox360Fanboy is adding fuel to the speculation fire that Super Contra will be arriving on XBLA, and more importantly, soon. He references a post on the eXophase forums that talks about the playable version sitting on PartnerNet as we speak.
http://www.xblarcade.com/

I can't wait.[/QUOTE]

Technically it's there, but it's not Enumerated so it's not visible. It's only up for things like licensing testing and such. You'd need our build of The Impostor to get it.

Edit: We are literally just waiting for E3 to start here in the office, so my apologies if any of us seem a bit off. The waiting is killing us.

Man, imagine if a torrent of games is put up....but I would just be happy with a ton of announcements.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Super Contra may be announced as well:

SuperContra.jpg

http://www.xblarcade.com/[/QUOTE]

Super Contra was announced a long time ago, nice to see that they are closing in on a release. It is one of the few arcade games I am really looking forward to.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Super Contra was announced a long time ago, nice to see that they are closing in on a release. It is one of the few arcade games I am really looking forward to.[/quote]

Ah...you're right. For some reason I thought it was the Contra that appeared on Super NES, now I know that what I was thinking about was "Contra III: The Alien Wars".

Sonic and Golden Axe are nowhere near interesting enough to be announced at something like this IMO. Already on the Wii and countless collections and nobody cares. Unless it's part of a huge list of stuff I guess, that would be cool.

Marathon would be pretty damn impressive though. Especially if it was all the versions combined as well as had online play (which I would assume would be a must).

bread's done
Back