EA Flash Deal: Dead Space 2

S1yth

CAG Veteran
According to the EA Flash Deal facebook posting it appears Dead Space 2 will be a flash deal today. They are asking us if we are ready for it to go on sale.

UPDATE: Deal is not today but tomorrow. My apologies.

Tomorrow we are dropping 3 deals throughout the day for Dead Space 2. To unlock the first deal we need to get 3,000 likes of the “Your Mom’s Really Bad at Dead Space 2 Multiplayer” video before Friday at 11:30 AM PST. If we reach 3,000 likes the first deal will unlock at that time on Friday. (Thanks AVJTony831)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='oman19']just curious.... on the eastore's website they have a promo price up. I wonder if the I assume 50 or 60 percent off will be off the promo price or off the regular price.[/QUOTE]

regular price....

Just my luck, the first EA deal I see before it's dead and I'm about to have to leave. Anyway to follow & buy this on mobile?

[quote name='fortunado']Just my luck, the first EA deal I see before it's dead and I'm about to have to leave. Anyway to follow & buy this on mobile?[/QUOTE]

View the store webpage on your phone and order from there. No apps for it unfortunately. I'm having issues trying to place orders via my iPhone so I'm really hoping this goes live sooner than later. Figures they do deals on the busiest days at work. Going to have such a small window to try to order it and I'll very likely be too busy to see it in time.

You can go to the ea store, and add the game to your cart. Then just wait for the code on facebook, copy/paste and check out.

Also make sure to login before doing this and add all your contact/billing info, it'll make it easier to check out. I haven't missed a flash deal I've wanted yet.

[quote name='fortunado']Think the collector's edition will go on sale? That's the only reason I am interested.[/QUOTE]

I hope so, that's why I'm here!

hm 150 left with an 1.5 hours left. I think we'll be fine. Here's hoping to a worthwhile deal!

[quote name='horrido']Not gonna sit here through lunch when the game will be $30 in a month or two anyhow.[/QUOTE]

It's all about the Extraction bonus content for me. I could easily wait till it drops to $10-$20 but $30 now with Extraction which costs $15 on PSN? I'm in. Come on only 112 likes to go!

Smart marketing on EA's part. About 50 or so left to go and I think I've seen the number of people who "like" EA Flash Deals in general go up by about 2,000 members.

Does the "regular" version have Extraction? I'm afraid they're pulling something on us and releasing a new non-limited version as the regular...

The regular edition doesn't say anything about Extraction on the site... but the Special Edition lists it as a feature...

Anyone kind of annoyed they didn't say what the deal is? I'm gonna be upset if 11:30 rolls around and it turns out to be like 10% off.

[quote name='Brenex']The only PS3 version of dead space 2 at this time is the limited edition. All limited editions come with extraction. I guess they will at one point in the future make a "regular edition" that does not but I don't think so.[/QUOTE]

Take it with a grain of salt but that's my opinion.

0a712f3ead16eabf9423cd064c5c377b.png

Hey, I noticed the Dead Space 2 regular version for Playstation 3 is on a promo price of $50. From the cover art, it doesn't look like it includes the Extraction game as part of it...can anyone confirm that the version you get through EA's store will have it? I'd only be interested if it were included...otherwise, I'd just try to pick it up locally...

I'm just worried that this regular version on their site is the first release of a new non-limited version, and they're done selling limited editions. After all, limited editions have to end production sometime, right? :p

[quote name='Chrono Gear']NO! EA just said code will be posted @11:30![/QUOTE]

Just checked FB and twitter, where's this coming from? Just trying to find out if I'm missing another source of EA information for future flash deals. Although it does say 11:30 so that would make sense if they wait.

[quote name='psynide']when they did bc2 vietnam they posted the info a few minutes after they reached the required 'likes'[/QUOTE]

Well when they did that they didn't specifically post "the deal will unlock at that time." Read the post.

This is probably because of all the people complaining about not wanting to sit at their computers so they gave a time this time.

[quote name='fishphoenix']Where did you see this?[/QUOTE]

EA Flash Deals rep states it on Facebook.

Yes, the deal will unlock at 11:30 AM PST.

[quote name='Brenex']Just checked FB and twitter, where's this coming from? Just trying to find out if I'm missing another source of EA information for future flash deals. Although it does say 11:30 so that would make sense if they wait.[/QUOTE]

This "other" source would be the comment section. They frequently post comments on their own posts.

EA Flash Deals Congrats! Promo code and link will be posted at 11:305 minutes ago · LikeUnlike · 7 people

[quote name='Flesseck']EA Flash Deals rep states it on Facebook.

Yes, the deal will unlock at 11:30 AM PST.[/QUOTE]

Oops, just kidding, didn't think they ever responded to the comments.

Yea the FB rep stated it in the comments section.

Think I'm just going to be late to work today. Not going to miss this because I have to leave for work 10 minutes before this goes live. I'm never late to work so my boss probably won't mind.

So is there going to be a promo code posted or something. I can't access myspace at work but can buy it from the website. Will someone post the code?

Forget EA i can not even login to my account now this is bogus. This reminds me so much of how there game servers run on the 360 slow and buggy. Oh well back to waiting for homefront and DA2....

BTW DS2 Reg 360 is marked down to $53 on EA's store front. This would of made it even sweeter but i am sick of trying to login 15 mins is to long of clicking back and trying over and over. Good luck people.

Since there's time to kill....

The Dragon Age 2 Ser Isaac card/code still comes with all new copies of Dead Space 2 right?

For some I keep thinking it's a "limited run" thing like the early unlocks with MoH and BC2.

bread's done
Back