EA Flash Deal: Dead Space 2

S1yth

CAG Veteran
According to the EA Flash Deal facebook posting it appears Dead Space 2 will be a flash deal today. They are asking us if we are ready for it to go on sale.

UPDATE: Deal is not today but tomorrow. My apologies.

Tomorrow we are dropping 3 deals throughout the day for Dead Space 2. To unlock the first deal we need to get 3,000 likes of the “Your Mom’s Really Bad at Dead Space 2 Multiplayer” video before Friday at 11:30 AM PST. If we reach 3,000 likes the first deal will unlock at that time on Friday. (Thanks AVJTony831)

Last edited by a moderator:
I had an old $15 off code but it wouldn't stack.
Looks like the PS3 CE is sold out. When I try to add it to the cart, the screen says my cart is empty. Oh well, I'll try and hold out for Amazon.

So this was a great deal for those of us with $20 codes and a lukewarm deal for everyone else. I have two Ser Isaac codes now so I'm going to try to ebay one to make back $10 after fees. $7 for DS2 is like a wet dream

I now wonder what the other deals are gonna be. Maybe they are just going to repeat the 40% off to give more people a chance. No way they will go lower than 40% and have to deal with all the canceled orders.

[quote name='xblaze23']they said 3 deals, i'll wait out to see if it reaches 60%[/QUOTE]

Seriously doubt that. They will probably count down, 30% and then 20%. They would piss off everyone who bought it at 50% off if they lowered the prices for the next 2 deals.

I told myself I would grab the CE when it hits $50. I got it for $52.17... not that bad I guess. I know it will drop to $40, but I'm impatient.

[quote name='iwannadie']I now wonder what the other deals are gonna be. Maybe they are just going to repeat the 40% off to give more people a chance. No way they will go lower than 40% and have to deal with all the canceled orders.[/QUOTE]

I am doubting they will continue to increase it, I imagine a deal on DLC or something instead of increasing the percentage off.

I tried adding my coupon code for $15 off from recyclebank, and the price didn't change. I guess they don't stack. When I added another game, the price went down appropriately. I didn't buy anything, I hope that didn't invalidate my code.

re: cancel order
live chat will tell you there's nothing they can do and to simply refuse the package. you may get a surprise if you do go through live chat....

[quote name='shadowrage']Damn it I thought this one was going to go real quickly so I ordered assuming it was off the $50 price not $60. Yes I am a dunce.

Does anyone know how to cancel or can I just refuse the package.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing it shocking i clicked submit. I was in the moment and clicked yes. The CE for $10 more i would of bought instead of this reg one.

I can not find a cancel button i went to cs on top then click my account do not click view history on the top middle that gives me the server reset error. I am shocked over so many months they still did not fix there store issues.

Hmm, just got an email from EA

"Hi,

Welcome to the EA Forums."

That was it - I didn't sign up for the forums so I wonder if it has anything to do with this deal?

[quote name='FattyMoBookyButt']I bought the PC download edition, but just peeked at their FAQs and it says downloads are only active for 1 year? WTC is that about?![/QUOTE]

This doesn't apply anymore, it's how they used to work. It's unlimited now (as of a few months ago).

What happened before was that after you bought something, you had 1 year to download it (so if you downloaded it it's yours forever). But say your PC craps out and it was gone, and it's been a year, then you couldn't re-download it. But thankfully, enough people QQ'd about it and EA removed the limitation.

Keep your order confirmation. IF by any chance a year passes and you need to re-download it, it should still let you, but just incase it doesn't, I'm sure customer service would let you if you have confirmation you bought the game.

[quote name='chimpian']I bit....but i dont know if my order went thru.

it crapped out at the process payment point.....
oh well if it works it works if not i can wait

thanks anyway :)[/QUOTE]

Did you get an e-mail confirmation for the order? If so, then you're good to go.

[quote name='tbird05']re: cancel order
live chat will tell you there's nothing they can do and to simply refuse the package. you may get a surprise if you do go through live chat....[/QUOTE]

They've canceled my orders before. You probably didn't ask nice enough :lol:

[quote name='tbird05']re: cancel order
live chat will tell you there's nothing they can do and to simply refuse the package. you may get a surprise if you do go through live chat....[/QUOTE]

I don't know what you're referring to specifically, but I'll state that in my two experiences with their live chat -- while I was happy to get a $20 coupon out of the first one -- neither seemed to have much of a grasp on english and having a natural conversation wasn't possible.

Wow this is still showing at the deal price!
I must be 1 of a WHOLE LOT of people who said
"I appreciate a discount, but I will wait"

I got in on the Dragon Age Ultimate deal and it did not even last 5 mins.
And this is still going after 20 mins....... hmmmm.........

I agree increasing the deal would be murder they would have angry customers canceling orders! It will either be the same deal again or a worse deal.

[quote name='gotdott']They've canceled my orders before. You probably didn't ask nice enough :lol:[/QUOTE]

Did you do live chat or email? I did live chat and was told they could not cancel it. I am a bit ahhh right now cause well i wanted CE for $10 more. At this point forget future ones since it seems to be a pain to cancel. Dang i wish i never figured out how to signin to order now. :)

$38 is only a dollar shy of what Amazon just had it for... but I've been wanting to play this for a while now. Could borrow it from a friend but then I lose out on multiplayer. Besides I feel like I'll play through this one many times, everyone early in this thread seems to regret selling their copies. So the campaign must be truly stellar for people to want to re-buy the game.

I just got the downloaded PC version. $25 for a game this new? Good things come to those who wait. Plus I didn't have to get it used so that's even better! (Lately I have felt a little guilty getting used versions)

Thanks OP!

[quote name='gotdott']So this was a great deal for those of us with $20 codes and a lukewarm deal for everyone else. I have two Ser Isaac codes now so I'm going to try to ebay one to make back $10 after fees. $7 for DS2 is like a wet dream[/QUOTE]

I also had one of those $20 code and when I first entered it after the "d3adsp8ce21" code it seemed to override the 40% discount, but then I re-entered the $20 code and they both added up together.

I first tried to order the standard edition and after hitting the final submit button I got a message that said "Thank you for your order. Your order is being processed and you will be notified of the result shortly."

I then tried to order the CE version and the same $20 code was still active so I picked that up for ~$30. But after the final submit button I got an order confirmation page/invoice with an order number. This CE order also shows up in my Order History while the first SE orders do not. The fact that the first SE order didn't show an order confirmation page and that the same $20 code worked on the CE order placed after the SE order makes me think the SE order didn't go through.

Any else get the "Thank you for your order. Your order is being processed and you will be notified of the result shortly." page instead of the order confirmation page with an order number?

I bit.
After ordering I remembered that the game has gone down that low before and I have $20 credit coming after B&W ship. Might try to cancel when I get a chance.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Did you do live chat or email? I did live chat and was told they could not cancel it. I am a bit ahhh right now cause well i wanted CE for $10 more. At this point forget future ones since it seems to be a pain to cancel. Dang i wish i never figured out how to signin to order now. :)[/QUOTE]

Actually I called in. Their over the phone reps are nicer and much more willing to please.

[quote name='Cheeseknight28']$38 is only a dollar shy of what Amazon just had it for... but I've been wanting to play this for a while now. Could borrow it from a friend but then I lose out on multiplayer. Besides I feel like I'll play through this one many times, everyone early in this thread seems to regret selling their copies. So the campaign must be truly stellar for people to want to re-buy the game.[/QUOTE]

Yea I'm one of those people who regretted trading it back in, even though I did it when the TIV was $40. Think of it this way: if you get it and play through it, you can trade it for $30 some if you don't like it and you wont be down that much. In fact you'll break even if you sell your DA2 code

[quote name='DarkonJohn']I also had one of those $20 code and when I first entered it after the "d3adsp8ce21" code it seemed to override the 40% discount, but then I re-entered the $20 code and they both added up together.

I first tried to order the standard edition and after hitting the final submit button I got a message that said "Thank you for your order. Your order is being processed and you will be notified of the result shortly."

I then tried to order the CE version and the same $20 code was still active so I picked that up for ~$30. But after the final submit button I got an order confirmation page/invoice with an order number. This CE order also shows up in my Order History while the first SE orders do not. The fact that the first SE order didn't show an order confirmation page and that the same $20 code worked on the CE order placed after the SE order makes me think the SE order didn't go through.

Any else get the "Thank you for your order. Your order is being processed and you will be notified of the result shortly." page instead of the order confirmation page with an order number?[/QUOTE]

So some codes work and not others? my $15 off won't apply no matter what I do. The promo code from this thread just overrides it.

[quote name='johnny konami']So some codes work and not others? my $15 off won't apply no matter what I do. The promo code from this thread just overrides it.[/QUOTE]

Well the $20 and birthday codes have been confirmed to work. Maybe cause the $15 is older and not one of the general codes?

[quote name='gotdott']Yea I'm one of those people who regretted trading it back in, even though I did it when the TIV was $40. Think of it this way: if you get it and play through it, you can trade it for $30 some if you don't like it and you wont be down that much. In fact you'll break even if you sell your DA2 code[/QUOTE]

I don't think I've ever traded in a game in my life so that won't be happening. :p I plan on using the Dragon Age code, though I may ask for my friends (He was going to give it to me anyway) and then sell mine... it's underhanded, but that's just how it happens you know? Or I could be a nice guy and give him the money for it. It's a coin flip at this point.

I loved the first game so much I actually immediately began replaying it when I was done to get the One Gun and Maxed Out achievements. Was just as awesome the second time, and if the press is to be believed, this one is even better.

Random question: Where are these $20 codes coming from? I knew at one point but I seem to have forgotten and the only thing google is telling me is PAX codes from a year ago.

Hahaha i connected to live chat to try and cancel it with the 2nd person. It goes i am simon may i help you or something. I answer and nothing for a few mins. I go you there my order is so and so. I waited a few mins and nothing. I was like you there waited a min then hello? then i was like nice to see EA paying people to just idle and d/c on his butt. I can not for the life of me to get them to cancel my order. I decided i want the CE for $50 shipped but i can not cancel this order...

[quote name='Cheeseknight28']I don't think I've ever traded in a game in my life so that won't be happening. :p I plan on using the Dragon Age code, though I may ask for my friends (He was going to give it to me anyway) and then sell mine... it's underhanded, but that's just how it happens you know? Or I could be a nice guy and give him the money for it. It's a coin flip at this point.

I loved the first game so much I actually immediately began replaying it when I was done to get the One Gun and Maxed Out achievements. Was just as awesome the second time, and if the press is to be believed, this one is even better.

Random question: Where are these $20 codes coming from? I knew at one point but I seem to have forgotten and the only thing google is telling me is PAX codes from a year ago.[/QUOTE]

Support gives you at $20 code sometimes if you call in regarding an order or related issue

[quote name='gotdott']Well the $20 and birthday codes have been confirmed to work. Maybe cause the $15 is older and not one of the general codes?[/QUOTE]

Birthday codes? I got a birthday in a few weeks. Anything I need to do to get one aside from having an EA account receiving their spam?

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Hahaha i connected to live chat to try and cancel it with the 2nd person. It goes i am simon may i help you or something. I answer and nothing for a few mins. I go you there my order is so and so. I waited a few mins and nothing. I was like you there waited a min then hello? then i was like nice to see EA paying people to just idle and d/c on his butt. I can not for the life of me to get them to cancel my order. I decided i want the CE for $50 shipped but i can not cancel this order...[/QUOTE]

Call in. It might be a 10-15 minute wait (since it's deal day) but it's worth it. Just be nice to the rep and say you want to swap out your order and they will cancel it for you.

Actually scratch that, the code will be invalid by the time you get through lol

[quote name='MrBeatdown']Birthday codes? I got a birthday in a few weeks. Anything I need to do to get one aside from having an EA account receiving their spam?[/QUOTE]

People with EA accounts over a year old will receive a 25% off code on their birthday

[quote name='gotdott']Call in. It might be a 10-15 minute wait (since it's deal day) but it's worth it. Just be nice to the rep and say you want to swap out your order and they will cancel it for you.

Actually scratch that, the code will be invalid by the time you get through lol[/QUOTE]

I know hahahaha

I would put another through but at this point do not trust EA to cancel anything. They already deducted the money from my bank to go figure.

Do you know the phone number to reach them chat is a waste of time for me.

[quote name='Layd Dly']PS3 CE was sold out, so i decided to pass for now.[/QUOTE]

Did you try to order it anyway? I was able to order one, but I'm not sure if I got in before it was sold out, but my online order info says it is Out of Stock.

And while I'm not sure how it happened (I was clicking on things pretty quickly to make sure I got my orders in), but I have order confirmations for 1 CE (at $30.42) and 2 SE's (at $17.37 each) though only one of the SE orders is showing up in my online account. Strange because I only had 2 different $20 codes and they are supposed to be one-time use.

bread's done
Back