EA Flash Deals: 03/04/11 Dead Space 2

Chrono Gear

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (96%)
Todays First Flash Deal (of 3) is Dead Space 2 with 3000 likes. Need to hit it by 11:30AM. No word on discount %, free shipping inclusion, or platforms. Likely to follow Mass Effect 2 which was 50% off +Free Shipping on all available platforms.

**I will probably be too busy at work to update this so just look for the one offs today.**

The link for anyone unfamiliar with EA's Flash Deals Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/eaflashdeals

The discount code (will be displayed after unlock):
d3adsp8ce21

FAQ (in progress):

Q: What is EA Flash Deals?
A: Special discounts on video games sold through EA's online store typically ranging from 50%-60%. Often they include free shipping but do include tax (at least in my area). These deals are offered exclusively through the EA Flash Deals Facebook page.

Q: How can I help make the deal go live faster?
A: "Like" the required post on their Facebook page and tell your friends about it. Typically they require 500-1,000 likes. The Mass Effect deal required 1,500 and is the highest to date.

Q: What if I don't have/use Facebook?
A: You can still look at the page and see the "likes" and even see the deal when it goes live. It is recommended that you get a Facebook page so you can help get the "likes" up faster to ensure that the deals go live.

As an alternative you can follow EA Flash Deals on twitter (@EAFlashDeals) and they will post the deals when they go live as well. You can have their tweets sent to your phone so you will be immediately notified when a deal goes live.

Q: Where do I go to buy these games?
A: EA's online store.

Q: When do the deals go live?
A: Almost immediately upon reaching the number of "likes" required a deal will go live.

Q: How long is the deal good for?
A: Early posts by EA state the deals are good for 50-1,000 units. Although that number has probably been increased but there is no confirmation. Since there are many people clamoring for these deals they often are completely claimed within 20 minutes. It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that if you want a deal you stalk their page until it goes live.

Q: Do these deals stack with coupons?
A: The deals stack with coupons. I have personally used a $20 coupon on NBA Jam and as a result it was completely free shipped during a past deal. Other coupons may work. It's always worth a try but YMMV.

Q: Do the unlock codes post faster on Facebook or Twitter?
A: In my experience Facebook does get the codes faster but it's only a minute or two.

Q: I didn't get a confirmation email. Does that mean my order didn't go through?
A: There is sometimes a huge delay in receiving confirmation emails. As long as you saw it on your computer screen go through you should be fine. Order tracking on the store site also has had reported issues as well. It is recommended that you check your credit card/bank account to confirm your order was placed.

Q: Are these discounts taken off the current price or standard MSRP?
A: While the store has lower than MSRP prices listed normally for some games, these deals are taken off of MSRP.

Q: How much is shipping?
A: The deals come with a free shipping option but there can be 3-4 days processing time before your order goes through in addition to ship time. You can select faster methods for premium shipping prices.

Q: Does the discount work for preorders?
A: So far there has been no preorder discount but that doesn't mean it can't happen in the future.

Q: Do these discounts work internationally?
A: It appears these discounts are only usable in the US EA online store.

Tips for getting deals:

1) Have the desired game in your cart ready to go.
2) Stalk the EA Flash Deals Facebook page until the deal goes live.
3) Follow @EAFlashDeals on Twitter for updates when codes go live.
3) Don't wait for the OP to update with the discount code. If it's not updated right away you may miss your opportunity to get the desired game.

Past Deals
02/25/11 Mass Effect 1 & 2 50% off + Free Shipping
02/24/11 NHL 11 60% off + Free Shipping
02/19/11 NBA JAM 60% off + Free Shipping
02/18/11 NBA JAM 60% off + Free Shipping
02/17/11 Medal of Honor 60% off + Free Shipping
02/16/11 FIFA 11 60% off + Free Shipping
02/11/11 Dragon Age Ultimate Edition 60% off + Free Shipping
02/07/11 Battlefield Bad Company 2 70% off + Free Shipping
02/04/11 FIFA 11 60% off + Free Shipping
02/03/11 Battlefield Vietnam Expansion Pack (PCDD) 70% off
02/02/11 EA Sports MMA 65% off + Free Shipping
01/31/11 NBA JAM 60% off + Free Shipping
01/27/11 NFS:HP 60% off + Free Shipping
01/26/11 Madden 60% off + Free Shipping
01/22/11 NBA JAM 60% off + Free Shipping
01/20/11 Dead Space 75% off + Free Shipping
01/10/11 NCAA Football 11 55% off + Free Shipping
01/06/11 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 $27.47-32.97 + Free Shipping
12/28/10 NHL 11 50% off
12/22/10 Medal of Honor 50% off
12/20/10 NFS: HP 35% off
12/15/10 Sims Late Night Expansion Pack 40% off
12/13/10 NBA JAM 50% off
12/11/10 NCAA Football 11 50% off
12/09/10 Madden NFL 11 50% off

Special Thanks to contributors to this FAQ: confoosious

-Feel free to PM me if you have any suggestions to improve this thread.

On a personal note it truly thrills me to be able to have a chance to give back to a community that has helped me save a ton of money. I only hope I can do justice to this site and follow in the footsteps of some of the other thread managers like reddjoey in particular and keep this thing as up to date and as useful as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every time they do these flash deals, I'm always at my parent's place.
Would make things easier if they paid $8 more a month and got off dial up.

[quote name='KrizB']Every time they do these flash deals, I'm always at my parent's place.
Would make things easier if they paid $8 more a month and got off dial up.[/QUOTE]

lol. cough up the change for your parents bro, unless you hate them of course.

[quote name='htown01']I believe they do. If you've read previous deals (NBA Jam, DA:O U.E., NHL 11, etc) some people have successfully used b-day codes, $20 off codes, etc., with EA flash deals.[/QUOTE]

Just and FYI, Recyclebank codes do NOT stack... At least, they haven't on any of the flash deals in the past 2 weeks.

Aside, I enjoyed ME1 more than ME2. Still loved it, tho. Hell, I bought the ME2 CE on day 1, but couldn't help feel dissapointed that a lot of the exploration & rpg elements that drew me into 1 were replaced by lots, and lots, and lots....and lots of combat. The DLC is pretty much MANDATORY to the experience, especially Shadow Broker. Having the 3 big story DLC certainly made playing through on Insanity more interesting than my first time in.

And just to nitpick, removing infinite ammo made absolutely no sense w/ their explanation. :bomb:

I've offered to pay for things more times than I can remember.
My mothers always been way too generous to others, so of course she refuses to take anything at all. Can't even buy her a $1 sandwich without making her upset or getting yelled at.
*shrug*
Besides, they only use the internet for checking email and reading the news.

I already have the PSN version of ME2 that I got through a share for $12, but I'm tempted to get the disc version at $30. I'm just wondering if all the data I already have installed (including the cerberus network) will work with the disc version. The digital version is taking up 12gb's so I'd like to get rid of it eventually, but I don't want to somehow screw up my save or anything else.

1,200 as of 4:52 PM CDT

[quote name='William_Birkin']Excellent! Thanks for answering, htown01.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome :) Did you see NuclearPorkshop's post? He mentioned Recycle Bank codes DO NOT stack, at least for these past 2 deals.

[quote name='BlockheadBrown']Does the PS3 version come with ALL of the DLC?[/QUOTE]

Yup, everything except the new final DLC that's rumored as the lead-in for ME3

[quote name='gotdott']Yup, everything except the new final DLC that's rumored as the lead-in for ME3[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BlockheadBrown']Does the PS3 version come with ALL of the DLC?[/QUOTE]

Not quite -all- the DLC. It comes with all of the important / plot / mission DLC. (Kasumi, Overlord, and Lair of the Shadow Broker) I'm pretty sure it's missing most (if not all) of the extra armor / weapon packs they usually make you pay for (so Cerberus Network equipment is still of course free) and it doesn't come with the alternate appearance packs.

[quote name='gotdott']Yup, everything except the new final DLC that's rumored as the lead-in for ME3[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I have this for PC, but haven't played it yet. Looking at the pricing for the DLC, it's less expensive to just get this.

Separately, I'm hoping Dragon Age II has a similar comic book thing, but I'm guessing it won't since Dragon Age is available on the PS3. I have the PC version of that too and am far enough in where I could start over, but have put in enough time where I'm not sure I want to. :D

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']Not quite -all- the DLC. It comes with all of the important / plot / mission DLC. (Kasumi, Overlord, and Lair of the Shadow Broker) I'm pretty sure it's missing most (if not all) of the extra armor / weapon packs they usually make you pay for (so Cerberus Network equipment is still of course free) and it doesn't come with the alternate appearance packs.[/QUOTE]

Gah... So con-FEW-said. ;) Thanks for the insight! :)

$30 is a hell of a deal for the PS3 version. If you were to buy the 360 version and all the DLC that comes with the PS3 version, it would cost a bit over $40.

[quote name='EvilEvincar']Got about two and a half hours left and around 220 votes needed. This deal maybe skimming the time limit[/QUOTE]

Sombody message Cheapy, Shipwreck and Wombat, and get them to tweet it. That would close the gap quick.

[quote name='BlockheadBrown']Gah... So con-FEW-said. ;) Thanks for the insight! :)[/QUOTE]
To sum it up, it contains all of the necessary DLC. ;) Everything not included is really not essential at all to play. The new guns are pretty cool / fun, but are by no means required to play or even do well in the game.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Someone should post this on SD just for the votes...[/QUOTE]

If you want the deal to die literally 5 seconds after it's released yea lol

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']To sum it up, it contains all of the necessary DLC. ;) Everything not included is really not essential at all to play. The new guns are pretty cool / fun, but are by no means required to play or even do well in the game.[/QUOTE]

:D Thanks again! :)

-Waiting
-Starts pouring outside
-Phones go out
-Shake head, Laugh
-Eat a cookie
-Leave
-Pick up nephew from school
-Go home
-Turn on computer
-See 1,300 likes

MFW
smug.jpg

All the crappy games before this got the code posted right away now a newer big name game can't reach the number, wow.

[quote name='iwannadie']All the crappy games before this got the code posted right away now a newer big name game can't reach the number, wow.[/QUOTE]

that's cause the number is much higher... wow

[quote name='iwannadie']All the crappy games before this got the code posted right away now a newer big name game can't reach the number, wow.[/QUOTE]

It'll get there. :)

I notice they don't even have Mass Effect 1 for sale on the EA store. I wonder it that one will even be available, and at what price?

[quote name='KrizB']-Waiting
-Starts pouring outside
-Phones go out
-Shake head, Laugh
-Eat a cookie
-Leave
-Pick up nephew from school
-Go home
-Turn on computer
-See 1,300 likes

MFW
smug.jpg
[/QUOTE]

you are such a flamboyant homosexual

[quote name='confoosious']that's cause the number is much higher... wow[/QUOTE]

500 more than the last nhl sale and it it only took what under 2 hours to reach 1,000 for that.

Just surprised more people aren't jumping on this when nhl and nba jam hit the mark so fast.

Anyone else noticing considerable lag in just this thread?

It's hanging on: Edge.Quantserve.com
It tracks ads apparently...

Is one of the links in the thread causing this?

bread's done
Back