EA Insider: 50% off ME, Bulletstorm, or Alice: MR + Free Shipping

Jurassic425

CAGiversary!
Just read the following on EA Insider Deals' facebook page!

Unlock 50% off Mass Effect, Bulletstorm, or Alice: Madness Returns + free shipping (US only). If we get 500 likes by Wednesday at 5 PM PST, we'll unlock the deal at that time.

http://www.facebook.com/OriginInsiderDeals

UPDATE: Looks like they are giving out $10 coupons (off a $30 purchase) that can be used in December, with any game purchase this month.

Also FYI, the Best Buy TIV for Bulletstorm is $11, and Alice is $16 :) I'm not normally a flipper, but these could become quick rentals and then used in the 50% bonus on preorders thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jaysonguy']Trollolololol[/QUOTE]

Fix'd. Apparently you troll more sites that I thought, recognized your name. :applause:

[quote name='Lucky13']I as well as most of the other CAGs who bought NFS Hot Pursuit from EA/Origin a few weeks ago waited over two weeks to receive our copies and when they came they were all the greatest hits version which I know some people don't like. I try my best to avoid buying anything from EA just on principle alone, unfortunately this time it was the only way you could get the game that cheap.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. Just sharing my past experience as well. EA is definitely pissing me off right now though. This is the second time they announced a deal and didn't follow through.

[quote name='Jurassic425']Fix'd. Apparently you troll more sites that I thought, recognized your name. :applause:[/QUOTE]
And you spew misinformed comments various places, glad I can clean up your mess on various sites now

[quote name='Lucky13']I as well as most of the other CAG'ers who bought NFS Hot Pursuit from EA/Origin a few weeks ago waited over two weeks to receive our copies and when they came they were all the greatest hits version which I know some people don't like. I try my best to avoid buying anything from EA just on principle alone, unfortunately this time it was the only way you could get the game that cheap.[/QUOTE]

I was one of those cags >_< ... but yeah i hope ea fixes the code soon D:

!!!ATTENTION ALL CAGS!!!
The ORIGIN INSIDERS DEALS Facebook page is a hoax, I've spent over three hours on the phone with EA support and corporate. The site has been generated by a non- EA entity. Disregard everything you read from this scam page.

[quote name='Cykanine']!!!ATTENTION ALL CAGS!!!
The ORIGIN INSIDERS DEALS Facebook page is a hoax, I've spent over three hours on the phone with EA support and corporate. The site has been generated by a non- EA entity. Disregard everything you read from this scam page.[/QUOTE]

Hold on, whenever Mass Effect 2 for PS3 dropped they offered it for $30 shipped and I bought one in time. The code actually worked. Of course the page was called EA Insider Deals or whatev. But I added the page and it's the same one.

For some reason, I think whomever you spoke to doesn't know what they're talking about.

[quote name='Cjrosa6']Hold on, whenever Mass Effect 2 for PS3 dropped they offered it for $30 shipped and I bought one in time. The code actually worked. Of course the page was called EA Insider Deals or whatev. But I added the page and it's the same one.

For some reason, I think whomever you spoke to doesn't know what they're talking about.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The deals have worked fine for me in the past.

The ORIGIN INSIDERS DEALS Facebook page is a hoax, I've spent over three hours on the phone with EA support and corporate. The site has been generated by a non- EA entity. Disregard everything you read from this scam page.[/QUOTE]

Um, yeah, that explains why I've gotten several good deals from them...

This is a joke post right? The Facebook page gives you a promo code to use on the EA Origin website (official). I've bought several games from this and it's 100% legit. Not sure how getting a promo code that works can be considered a scam.

[quote name='TylerDurden313']This is a joke post right? The Facebook page gives you a promo code to use on the EA Origin website (official). I've bought several games from this and it's 100% legit. Not sure how getting a promo code that works can be considered a scam.[/QUOTE]

Obvious troll is...you know the rest.... If you look at the page you can see all the past (legit) deals and the thousands of comments. (Many negative, but hey, it's EA we're talking about here.)

The only thing I'll disregard from now on are your posts

*ignored*

Hard to believe how much of a cluster%#$#$% this was! Really bummed that I won't get to play Alice yet, come on Gamefly!!

It is amazing how poorly managed their Facebook page is. There are people in the comments posting links to competing sites and no one is there moderating. Just... wow.

[quote name='WakYasuk']When the fuck will ea fucking fix this?[/QUOTE]

"Put the deal went live on Facebook and...clock out! Weekend! Whoo!"

What could go wrong?

I wonder if they really just think that people are going to forget about this? Next time they post a "deal" people are obviously going to bring this mess up.

[quote name='bmulligan']So, let me get this straight - the EA page is a hoax, or is the claim of the hoax on the EA page a hoax? or is the.... oh fuck it.[/QUOTE]

mEtA tag

I think this should win CAG Deal of the Year for sure. :)

Ok, now I'm so bitter that I'm trolling. Sorry about this guys, but it's just bad business. Like someone said, this matter will be brought up again during every "EA Insider Deal" in the foreseeable future. Bad word of mouth spreads much faster than good word of mouth.

When i called a few months back about my Dragon Age order they told me the page is not directly controlled by EA. It is a side job that some EA staff run with EA's permission. However I would guess after this fiasco EA may actually step in and over see it.

bread's done
Back