EA insider: Dragon Age 1+2 50% off + free ship dead

KaitouDark

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
been thinking about DA2 even though it has been really mixed, I saw gametrailer's review and I liked what I saw. I enjoyed DAO a lot, so I might give DA2 a chance. Wish I had my previous game save though.. argh! Also wish I just would've gotten it on the Steam sale a couple weeks back.

Unlock an awesome Monopoly Millionaires surprise and 50% off Dragon Age 1 & 2 + free shipping (US only) today if we get 800 likes by 1:30 PM PDT. Good luck!

[quote name='mkaliaz']God I hate facebook. So, does this mean I have to register an account with them in order to get the deal?[/QUOTE]

Don't think so. Once the deal is active and someone posts the discount code on here, anyone can use it.

For what it's worth, I loved DA:O. Thought DA2 was meh in terms of graphics and story. The variety in combat moves was fun, but that was about it.

[quote name='CaseX']Don't think so. Once the deal is active and someone posts the discount code on here, anyone can use it.

For what it's worth, I loved DA:O. Thought DA2 was meh in terms of graphics and story. The variety in combat moves was fun, but that was about it.[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks. I figured those codes were one-time use only. Glad to hear thats not the case.

DAO Ultimate gives you so much content that it hurts- my save shows that I apparently played 120hrs. Loved it, even if I felt that battles could get somewhat repetitive (not much variety in terms of enemies).

A proud owner of DA2, I will say that it is a great game that is not the same sort of game as DAO. Less emphasis on battle tactics and more focus upon the evolution of its characters. Feels more like a novel than the first game, which felt more LIKE a game than the secomd game did. Armed with this explanation thanks to a friend, I genuinely enjoyed the game. Reminded me more of Mass Effect, my only one complaint being thay animations in combat were quick, very quick, but the damage caused by them didn't seem to match the damage I would have expected from, say, a massive broadsword cleaving constantly through an enemy with that sort of strength and speed. No big deal, but it was an interesting design choice that had me thinking of several J-RPGs wherein players routinely summon meteors the size of small planets to do a mere 200 damage to the enemies which they hit.

Great deals, folks, especially for DAO. A word of caution though: a mouse is great for DAO. While DA2's controls will feel natural however you play it, I felt that Bioware definitely had a PC in mind while designimg DAO, so that it MAY probe somewhat awkward on a console.

[quote name='onyzukae']1:30 pdt ???[/QUOTE]1:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time is 1:30 PDT.

Also known as 2:30 PM MDT, 3:30PM CDT and 4:30PM EDT.

i'm in. The price on the ultimate edition is going down very slowly so this is a good deal, especially with free 2 day shipping.

def just bought an ultimate edition for ps3, great price thank you op been looking to pick this up for a while and this was perfect pricepoint with free shipping.

In for a 360 copy. Was hoping for $20 again, since I missed the last sale, but couldn't pass it up.

Does anyone know if this includes the Blood Dragon armor from the CE? Already have the ME2 version, just curious if there's one to be used in DA:O.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']In for a 360 copy. Was hoping for $20 again, since I missed the last sale, but couldn't pass it up.

Does anyone know if this includes the Blood Dragon armor from the CE? Already have the ME2 version, just curious if there's one to be used in DA:O.[/QUOTE]

I got the blood dragon armor in my UE. Never really used it though.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']In for a 360 copy. Was hoping for $20 again, since I missed the last sale, but couldn't pass it up.

Does anyone know if this includes the Blood Dragon armor from the CE? Already have the ME2 version, just curious if there's one to be used in DA:O.[/QUOTE]

if you have the blood dragon armor in ME2, then you'll have it for DA:O also

Picked up DA:O UE for PS3. Originally bought DA:O when it came out, but traded it in because I hated the cheap battles even though I enjoyed the story. This time I'm going to put it on easy and just enjoy the story.

I bought one on the last deal, still unopened and just traded for a copy of LA Noire, so I'm glad they had this deal. Bought both 1 & 2 knowing that it'll sit on the shelves for at least the next 2 months..

[quote name='Brother Daz']if you have the blood dragon armor in ME2, then you'll have it for DA:O also[/QUOTE]

Really? That's odd...

It doesn't show up on my Bioware account online, and I would've assumed it would show up there...I guess I'll find out when it arrives. :p

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']Really? That's odd...

It doesn't show up on my Bioware account online, and I would've assumed it would show up there...I guess I'll find out when it arrives. :p[/QUOTE]

For the PS3 version I remember it being in the bonus section with the rest of the dlc. I think it's the same for the pc.

Another Q: saw someone mention 2-day shipping, but my order only gave me the normal 3-4 day free. Will assume its the probably gonna be the latter, but can anyone confirm?

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']Another Q: saw someone mention 2-day shipping, but my order only gave me the normal 3-4 day free. Will assume its the probably gonna be the latter, but can anyone confirm?[/QUOTE]

Mine was 3-4 days also.

Just got mine last night. Lol'd at the "TIME SENSITIVE" stickers all over the box, but it arrived in perfect condition. Excited to get RPG'ing.

bread's done
Back