EA Origin Surprise Discount

SamuraiINC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Just got an email from EA Origin for a promo code. It is part of a "Trick or Treat" themed promotion. You could get 10%, 20%, 30%, or 100% free on your purchase. Just have to use your promo code before the 1st of November.

Looked for a thread on this sorry if this has already been posted feel free to delete this.

[quote name='Demise_Angel'][FONT=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]
9gt6jppvmgp8h

[/FONT]
40% off code[FONT=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for being generous and giving away your code, but it would appear some fuckin' lurker took it without even saying thanks.:roll:

Here's a code, wasn't sure if I entered it if I'd actually use the code or not so I don't know what percentage it is. I know my luck isn't good enough to get a 100% off and I don't have the $$$ right now to spend even if it was a 40% off. Anyway, here it is: [FONT=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]
z4otd2qhzr8am
[/FONT]

Here's my 10% off code:

t8bdp4prtwtvr

If anyone would like to give me a 40% (or possibly even a 100% off code :D), I would be more than grateful. Thanks!!!

I just got off the phone with Origin purchase support. My code that I received in my email does not work. It doesn't deny the validity of the code nor does it tell me how much the code has in value.

The agent could not tell me how much the code was worth either. All he could do was offer me a "courtesy" code of 20% off.

He then went to his supervisor to try to find out what is going on and to see if this could be a 100% off code.
The supervisor explained to him that the 100% off codes do not actually exist and that again a 20% code could be generated and given to me to replace the code that they gave me which does not work.

The agent then came back and apologized again and asked me to take a survey and that the first 3 questions applied to him directly. "If I could please take the survey in light that I tried everything I could to help you it would be greatly greatly appreciated."

WTF this code could be the 100% off code! However, according to his supervisor they do not even exist.

THIS HAS FRAUD WRITTEN ALL OVER IT

[quote name='thefunkyredcaboose']Why is shipping 6.99? That is just unbelievable.

(I know this comes up for every EA thread, but couldn't help myself)[/QUOTE]

Been a while since I've ordered from EA (about a yr and a half now), but when I did, their "regular" shipping was actually Second-Day Air, which is probably why it's so much.

[quote name='snakeyes1000']I just got off the phone with Origin purchase support. My code that I received in my email does not work. It doesn't deny the validity of the code nor does it tell me how much the code has in value.

The agent could not tell me how much the code was worth either. All he could do was offer me a "courtesy" code of 20% off.

He then went to his supervisor to try to find out what is going on and to see if this could be a 100% off code.
The supervisor explained to him that the 100% off codes do not actually exist and that again a 20% code could be generated and given to me to replace the code that they gave me which does not work.

The agent then came back and apologized again and asked me to take a survey and that the first 3 questions applied to him directly. "If I could please take the survey in light that I tried everything I could to help you it would be greatly greatly appreciated."

WTF this code could be the 100% off code! However, according to his supervisor they do not even exist.

THIS HAS FRAUD WRITTEN ALL OVER IT[/QUOTE]

LOL sounds like EA

[quote name='snakeyes1000']I just got off the phone with Origin purchase support. My code that I received in my email does not work. It doesn't deny the validity of the code nor does it tell me how much the code has in value.

THIS HAS FRAUD WRITTEN ALL OVER IT[/QUOTE]

my code does the exact same thing. I put a random game in my basket, enter the code, and nothing happens. If I try an old expired code it actually says "Invalid promo code". but if I input my code from the email, it doesn't say anything.

[quote name='FlyingPikachu']Thanks I only got a 20% off[/QUOTE]
That's odd. I tested it yesterday and it took a $60 game down to $36, so I'm not sure what happened.

Is the code only supposed to work on some games? I tried to order Battlefield 3 and typed in my code, but it didn't do anything. It didn't show a percent off nor tell me anything at all.

[quote name='crunchewy']Is the code only supposed to work on some games? I tried to order Battlefield 3 and typed in my code, but it didn't do anything. It didn't show a percent off nor tell me anything at all.[/QUOTE]

Code only works on games released 30 days ago or later. BF3 is too new and wont work.

[quote name='crunchewy']Is the code only supposed to work on some games? I tried to order Battlefield 3 and typed in my code, but it didn't do anything. It didn't show a percent off nor tell me anything at all.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='could have won']I wound up with a 40% off, so I'm going to have to see what's out there that's any good. One thing I did notice was that of course the list of games you can use it on doesn't include Battlefield 3, but who didn't see that coming?[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks. I just checked and while it doesn't say the percentage, it looks like it's only giving me 10% off. Oh well. If anyone wants the code anyway, it's: h2ma5q2ry6hfq

[quote name='nightmare452']Code only works on games released 30 days ago or later. BF3 is too new and wont work.[/QUOTE]
I was going to say it could have been the surprise 0%.

Nevermind

Only way 40% off is even worth it is if you buy multiple games so you get free ship.

60 bucks for tiger woods and madden 12 is too much since I already have 11 versions...

[quote name='linuskinrak']This has to be the most generous thread in cag history. Its nice to see cause in the short time I have read this forum, there has been a lot of trolling. I have yet to receive my EA email, but if I do I will post it here like so many others have. :)[/QUOTE]

It's not generosity if it costs you nothing.

[quote name='jntznjamz']40percent off. all yours.

9ayq5tewoome3[/QUOTE]

I used this one thanks.

MrNEWS: It says your 40% off code is expired

I got The Sims Medieval for 19.xx - Funny, it came with a $10 off coupon that i can use in December.

bread's done
Back