EA Store Sale

If this combines with the 30% off that the other thread had...
I'm trying to get it to work now but the 40% doesn't seem to be triggering before I even attempt to put in the 30% code.

There's even an advertisement on the main page that says "Save $10 and get Mass Effect PC downloadable for only $9.95!" but when you click on the ad it takes you to the Mass Effect page where it shows up as $19.95. If you add it to your cart it's still $19.95. What's with the non-functioning promotions?

Yea, it doesn't seem to be registering this at all. My guess is they are in the process of updating it... God that would be awesome if the 30% and 40% stacked. I just bought the physical copy of Dragon Age two days off their site, but if I can get that and Mass Effect for

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']Yea, it doesn't seem to be registering this at all. My guess is they are in the process of updating it... God that would be awesome if the 30% and 40% stacked. I just bought the physical copy of Dragon Age two days off their site, but if I can get that and Mass Effect for

According to the fine print it shouldn't work, but that doesn't mean it won't.

This offer expires on 12/24/09 and cannot be combined with any other offer, Gift Card, rebate or other discount coupons.

[quote name='THHG']According to the fine print it shouldn't work, but that doesn't mean it won't.[/QUOTE]

Yea I noticed that as well, I'm hoping they overlook that code somehow. They don't seem incredibly swift so who knows. Also if you take note at that disclaimer it also says

"Value of discount will be deducted from the order at time of purchase."

Not really sure what to make of that.

[quote name='Casteor']Maybe on select titles[/QUOTE]

DAO and ME should be eligible according to this. Mass Effect is specifically pictured in the ad.

Discount is valid only for titles that have been released for over 30 days.

I haven't been able to get it to register with anything.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']Yea I noticed that as well, I'm hoping they overlook that code somehow. They don't seem incredibly swift so who knows. Also if you take note at that disclaimer it also says

"Value of discount will be deducted from the order at time of purchase."

Not really sure what to make of that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I saw that too. One would think that means it will display right before you submit your order. I'm not going to click Submit on an order that does not display the discount--that doesn't make sense.

[quote name='THHG']Yeah I saw that too. One would think that means it will display right before you submit your order. I'm not going to click Submit on an order that does not display the discount--that doesn't make sense.[/QUOTE]

Exactly how I feel. Since they are digital downloads, I don't want to risk going through with the order to see if it comes up since I would have a very hard time getting a refund...

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']Exactly how I feel. Since they are digital downloads, I don't want to risk going through with the order to see if it comes up since I would have a very hard time getting a refund...[/QUOTE]

good point. if it was even possible.

I hate the fact that most stores won't let you return a physical game, but digital downloads have it even worse. :drool: can't win!

[quote name='chakan']Their website is terrible. Something I'd expect from a much less prominent publisher.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Just awful. I had a bunch of Sims cash cards this summer and navigating that site is painful. You can't even delete orders you don't fully check out with. Just sits there.

Although it is something I fully expect from such a prominent publisher. Just too much integration trying to please all constituents at once. Meanwhile, you can't actually buy shit easily... which is all I want to do.

It does not seem to be registering any of their sale discounts, for me at least. Dragon age is advertised as 39.99, but it comes up as 44.99, and the 40% off doesn't seem to work. EA's site is pretty lousy, hopefully they will fix this soon, the sale goes until december 24, though, so theres still plenty of time

Tried to get mass effect... shows up in my cart @ $19.99... I want $9.95 Dammitt !

Anyone know how well it runs on a 2.4 Ghz Macbook pro with a 8600 GT 256MB ?

Ooo I can get it to work now with stacked codes, but I'm going to wait and hold out for 9.95 Mass Effect and 39.95 Dragon Age. That would put the total for the two to about $20 lol...

Question. If i buy Left 4 Dead 2 and Register it with steam, I can then download it from Steam again if I need too and not need to buy that silly extended download thing from EA?

Hmm, I didn't realize EA had it's own Steam-like client for it's downloadable games. This may be a dealbreaker for me, especially since it appears the EA Download Manager is not fully compatible with Windows 7.

[quote name='THHG']Hmm, I didn't realize EA had it's own Steam-like client for it's downloadable games. This may be a dealbreaker for me, especially since it appears the EA Download Manager is not fully compatible with Windows 7.[/QUOTE]

I've never downloaded anything from them. Are you sure it's an actual application that you need to play their games through, or could it just be a download manager for the games files that you never need to touch again after the initial download?

[quote name='chakan']Their website is terrible. Something I'd expect from a much less prominent publisher.[/QUOTE]

Very true .. I had to reset my password 3 times today just to see if my order went thru .. I got a bad feeling about this.

[quote name='Nesrie']Question. If i buy Left 4 Dead 2 and Register it with steam, I can then download it from Steam again if I need too and not need to buy that silly extended download thing from EA?[/QUOTE]

Not only can you, but you have to. Retail copies of L4D2, like all Valve games since HL2, must be activated on a Steam account, which they will then be permanently attached to.

Note that the EA Store is not selling downloadable copies of L4D2; EA is just the distributor of the physical retail version, which is what they're selling.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']I've never downloaded anything from them. Are you sure it's an actual application that you need to play their games through, or could it just be a download manager for the games files that you never need to touch again after the initial download?[/QUOTE]

If I'm not mistaken, you just use it to download the installer, basically, but I could be very, very wrong.

Id buy something but at EA they think all spanish speaking locals are in EU since the link redirects me to the Spanish store and its in euros. :S

Well, this would have been an awesome deal considering you can get 2 $50 games for $42 with the stacked deals but the EA download manager is the deal breaker for me. On there page it says,

Can I Uninstall the EA Download Manager after I Complete my Download?

No. By installing the EA Download Manager, you are verifying that you are the licensed user of your purchased game.

And plus, I have Windows 7 which it is not compatible with it anyways. This sucks cause it would have been an awesome deal. Oh well. I wish they didn't have to make things so difficult. Maybe they would get more customers if they made things simple.

[quote name='CRH7386']Well, this would have been an awesome deal considering you can get 2 $50 games for $42 with the stacked deals but the EA download manager is the deal breaker for me. On there page it says,

Can I Uninstall the EA Download Manager after I Complete my Download?

No. By installing the EA Download Manager, you are verifying that you are the licensed user of your purchased game.

And plus, I have Windows 7 which it is not compatible with it anyways. This sucks cause it would have been an awesome deal. Oh well. I wish they didn't have to make things so difficult. Maybe they would get more customers if they made things simple.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I just read up on the program a little more and it is a POS. I suppose I will just keep my retail copy of Dragon Age then, but I'm still kind of tempted to get Mass Effect for 7 bucks... never mind if I can find something else to buy it with.

SO we have to keep the EA downloader in order to play the games or are the game apps obsolete from the downloader once downloaded and installed?

I mean if I do not have to download the games I would rather not as I am on a limited bandwidth being at school . 7 gigs is 70% of the weekly bandwidth for me. Is it possible to buy the digital version via EA store obtain a disk from a friend and use the EA serial to install and be considered to have a legit copy?

hey so, for those that dont know, use the code EAPARTNERS2009 to recieve an ADDITIONAL 30% off, making this one of the best deals ive seen all year.

does anyone know if eastore supports billmelater thru paypal? when I log on and try to pay with paypal, it only gives me the option to pay with credit card/bank account. The reason I'm asking is b/c I have a $25 credit coming my way.

ok I just bit, with the additional 30% off the deal is just too good to pass.
Bought:

CnC RA:3
CnC RA:3 Uprising
Dragon Age: Origins

Total W/ Tax

~42 bucks.

CnC RA pack for 20 bucks (if comparing to the recent d2d deal)

Which means basically DA:O for 22 bucks.

Or Dividing the price equally 14 bucks a game. Cheapest I will find the combination anywhere especially with DA:O in the bunch. Ridiculously good deal imo.

----
----

I had previously asked a question earlier about needing the EA Downloader to play the games. I do not know the answer to this, but I do know that if the game is already installed on the PC the EA downloader will detect it.

I have a copy of DA:O on my system and when installing the EA downloader, the downloader recognized these files and showed up as already downloaded. Curious I clicked play through the downloaded and it started up the copy of DA:O that I had previously installed on my system. I reinstalled the game now using the CD Key from the EA purchase and it installs fine. From this knowledge I am assuming that if the game does not do a CD check to play then you will not need the EA downloader to play.

Best Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone else having trouble with the order going through? I keep getting emails telling me that they haven't received a notice for my payment from Paypal Express, even though I paid with a Debit card.

[quote name='Seventh']
I had previously asked a question earlier about needing the EA Downloader to play the games. I do not know the answer to this, but I do know that if the game is already installed on the PC the EA downloader will detect it.

I have a copy of DA:O on my system and when installing the EA downloader, the downloader recognized these files and showed up as already downloaded. Curious I clicked play through the downloaded and it started up the copy of DA:O that I had previously installed on my system. I reinstalled the game now using the CD Key from the EA purchase and it installs fine. From this knowledge I am assuming that if the game does not do a CD check to play then you will not need the EA downloader to play.

Best Regards.[/QUOTE]

After you completed the download, was it an actual game install that you had or just some files that only the Download Manager could recognize? Also to clarify, did they provide you with a Serial Number that could presumably be used on a normal install? Thanks

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']After you completed the download, was it an actual game install that you had or just some files that only the Download Manager could recognize? Also to clarify, did they provide you with a Serial Number that could presumably be used on a normal install? Thanks[/QUOTE]

It was an actual game install, due note that because it was a retail physical version the game still asks for a disk check. After doing some research DA:O via the EA Store does an online authentication which gives you a version w/o a disk check.

And yes the Serial Number worked with the normal install. The DLC also worked, but this is because it is linked to your EA account and not the actual game itself.

By the way, I noticed that the 30% coupon takes the discount on the original price of the titles (not the sale price), so no triple dipping for us waiting for a particular title to become cheaper.

[quote name='Xevious']How is this a 5 star thread when there is so much chaos and confusion?[/QUOTE]

I do not know how this would be a 5 star thread, but I do know that chaos and confusion usually contributes to some killer deals. I am very happy with my purchase.

[quote name='SkyGheNe']What 30% coupon are you guys referring to?[/QUOTE]EAPARTNERS2009

[quote name='Xevious']How is this a 5 star thread when there is so much chaos and confusion?[/QUOTE]What "chaos and confusion" are you referring to?

Well I jumped on the deal as I really wanted to get Dragon Age: Origins and I got Spore as well, for $40 total so about $20 for each game.

I'm using the EA Download Manager to install the games on a Win7 32-Bit machine so I'll see how that goes.

[quote name='icebeast']Well I jumped on the deal as I really wanted to get Dragon Age: Origins and I got Spore as well, for $40 total so about $20 for each game.

I'm using the EA Download Manager to install the games on a Win7 32-Bit machine so I'll see how that goes.[/QUOTE]

Let me know how it goes when you get a chance. I'm thinking about jumping on Dragon Age: Origins and also The Sims 3 with the World Adventures Expansion for $59. But I have Windows 7 64-bit so I'm interested to see how it works with yours. I've read that you can try to run the EADM in compatibility mode and it might work better if you have issues.

BTW, has anyone played Sims 3? I've heard many mixed things and I can't decide if I want to make the leap but it's such a good deal...

[quote name='CRH7386']Let me know how it goes when you get a chance. I'm thinking about jumping on Dragon Age: Origins and also The Sims 3 with the World Adventures Expansion for $59. But I have Windows 7 64-bit so I'm interested to see how it works with yours. I've read that you can try to run the EADM in compatibility mode and it might work better if you have issues.

BTW, has anyone played Sims 3? I've heard many mixed things and I can't decide if I want to make the leap but it's such a good deal...[/QUOTE]The Sims 3 is like The Sims 2 plus a lot of the expansions, but streamlined.

Dragon Age + a 9.95 game with the 40 and the 30 percent comes to a total of 25.15 which makes it the cheapest way to get Dragon Age I've seen.

[quote name='candymaker789']Is anyone else having trouble with the order going through? I keep getting emails telling me that they haven't received a notice for my payment from Paypal Express, even though I paid with a Debit card. [/QUOTE]

Can someone please help me out? I really want to get DAOCE before the 30% promo ends.

[quote name='icebeast']Well I jumped on the deal as I really wanted to get Dragon Age: Origins and I got Spore as well, for $40 total so about $20 for each game.

I'm using the EA Download Manager to install the games on a Win7 32-Bit machine so I'll see how that goes.[/QUOTE]

was buyin spore as a gift for a family member, ended up getting dragon age for free with this deal (total was 40$, which is the retail price of spore). Worked out great for me

[quote name='AznKid']The Sims 3 is like The Sims 2 plus a lot of the expansions, but streamlined.[/QUOTE]

What parts do they streamline? I know I've heard you can't really customize the entire neighborhood but anything else? Do you think the streamlining made it worse? I felt that in previous Sims games, some of the stuff was a little too tedious and needed to be streamlined but I did enjoy them.

bread's done
Back